Smeg C9GM Series

C9GMXA, C9GMBA, C9GMBWH, etc...

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Alex

AlexNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Nothing but issues with oven timer. Disappointed by SMEG.

Had nothing but issues with the timer for the oven, the timer does not work (the oven will not turn on, yet it ticks). When the timer is in the manual position it sometimes works, however it sporadically turns off and you have to hold the knob to the left (rotated towards the manual position) to get it to work at all... been replaced once 12 months ago by smeg dealer for the same issue.

Gas cooktop does work great however. Buying a smeg you expect a good unit, not the case!

Product is usedSeveral times a week
Rodney M.Smeg
Catherine

CatherineNorth Queensland, QLD

Glass in over blew up

• +5Thumbnail

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $3,000.00.

Graeme

GraemeMid North Coast, NSW

Rusting before installation.

I brought this so called premium quality smeg oven at start of this year and had it sitting in my dining room before getting kitchen modified so it would fit. When i was ready to install i noticed some surface rust on 1 panel which started to spread over the next few weeks to all panels that i can see. Rang customer care who booked in for repairs and it has been there for 2 months so went in to see and rust has spread very rapidly since. I have tried for replacement but as it is only so called cosmetic they will not replace so not happy with smeg premium range.

Purchased in January 2019 for $2,700.00.

John O.

John O.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointingly uneven oven temps

Built a new house and went SMEG throughout the kitchen and starting to regret it. Thought this monster would be great for cooking, but we end up using the smaller steam oven instead. Uneven cooking through the oven left to right and between the racks. For best results we find we can only use 1/4 of the oven rack space which leaves us with similar or worse cooking space to the steam oven we included as a last minute addition. If we hadn’t done that I probably would have ripped the appliances out and gone with a different brand.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Product is usedSeveral times a week
Ken

KenMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Very suitable

This oven is very spacious and cooks well. It produces a very even result. The hotplates work well and the area around them is easy to clean . Door is nice and wide to access too.

Purchased in September 2018.

nick.ward121

nick.ward121

Great oven that works as well as it looks

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Savage

SavageVictoria, Australia

Pricey but worth it

Bought this as a replacement to my old smeg. Am very happy with it. Smeg are not cheap, but they do last a long time and retain their good looks. I hope to have this oven for a long time so it is really worth the initial investment price. Would recommend to friends

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Jai Gertrude

Jai GertrudeSprent

A great price.

A great price. Awesome stove and looks great!!!
This stove is amazing. High quality and just what we needed as an upgrade to our space. The burner flames are high, oven cooking is stellar. This is high quality and the stainless steel looks great. So far, so good. We have enjoyed this oven very much.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Shane

Shane

SMEG oven

Our old oven broke down so we purchased a new SMEG from the Good Guys Robina. The oven is fantastic, self cleaning with gas top. Very easy to clean top and looks and cooks great. The staff were very helpful and arrranged installation. I couldn't be more happy with my new SMEG appliance

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Sarah v Shazza

Sarah v ShazzaWoodville, South Australia

This was the only gas top stove our local store had

Moved into our new place months back and the local Harvey Norman store only had this Smeg as a gas top burner as the rest were all electric and we all know gas is cheaper than power in SA. The install cost us big time so not happy about that but the stove performs great! Cooked some really nice meals on it so far

Date PurchasedOct 2017

nivekSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great cooker but large burner wont stay on ...

Bought this cooker for quality ....it was bought 4yrs ago but was in storage for 14 months ....now we have to get a repair man out as warranty is out of date ....I am sure it is a minor repair .....but charges are pretty high ....yes we should have got an extended warranty ....but we thought Smeg would be a quality product .

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

will do ta

Luke G

Luke GGeelong

What an oven!

Bought this oven for the new home, O M G why didnt we ever have something like this before? Besides looking awesome, it cooks evenly and cooks well. The hotplates are a great size and are suited to all of our needs. Very easy to use, even our 13 yr old can use it

Date PurchasedJune 2017
JCL

JCLTasmania

Nice big cook top and oven

A stylish freestanding gas cook top and electric oven.
Easy to use but as with most oven these days you have to learn the symbols.

The oven heats up quickly and keeps a nice stable temperature.
The extra space both on top and in the oven is always welcome and even though there are only 2 of us we still find that we enjoy being able to both work at the stove at the same time. For larger dinner parties the 6 burners are indispensible.

You pay a fair bit for the brand but the quality is there.

Cons:
- imprecise oven control: Fine for roasting but not great for baking, for the money I'd have preferred something where I could dial in the temperature more accurately but this is minor.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Scott Wagemaker

Scott WagemakerCondell park

Wonderful Oven

The freestanding oven, gas mind you, is a perfect addition to my rear outdoor setting. The oven is amazing. Its gas, stater always works, the stove top burners are large and generous in size, handle l on in one time woo hoo.
The oven, OMG shut the gates, its absolutely brilliant, Cooks anything in half the time of your normal elec oven. Buy one!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sherry51

Sherry51PERTH

Problem solved thank you

Date PurchasedMay 2012

ollie 67

ollie 67Richmond

Kitchen Beauty!

My wife talked me into this. I am a more basic sort of guy but I am glad she did. Its really stylish and makes the kitchen look great. We have had zero issues with this. In fact its a joy to use after the sorry old one in our old house. The only issues were understanding how to set the the clock which is more a matter of us and perhaps the thickness of the sheet metal compared to the old days.
It is easy to clean and bakes beautifully.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Molly

MollyAdelaide

Love it

Was so lucky to get this as a gift. Couldn’t believe my eyes. It is so efficient easy to clean. And cooks so well. I’m still experimenting but nothing has failed. Thank you smeg. I have also been given a smeg toaster and smeg kettle for my birthday and I can’t wait to use them as well. It will be the first time my toaster will sit on the bench.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Oscar C

Oscar CBrisbane

Wifey swears by this

What an amazing look from Smeg, we got free gifts from them at point of purchase including an apron, wok, smeg oven tray, all very good quality. The 6 burner is a sensation, the way it looks has a very outstanding look making a great addition to our kitchen. It’s easy to operate

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Premium Brand- Not Premium Product/Service

We purchased a house last year with a newly renovated beautiful SMEG filled Kitchen. The entire kitchen is less than 2 years old and the oven is already causing us problems however because we didn’t build the kitchen and have tried every avenue unsuccessfully for the original receipt (contacted previous owners) we are told too bad you’ll have to wear the cost of a service technician and any work performed to fix it.

I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone after this experience, I have dealt with other white goods/appliance Manufacturers and never had this kind of poor service before. I would expect such an expensive oven to last more than 18 months!

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Works great

I have been using it for 1 year and have not seen any issues with it. Got large space for all my baking needs. The controls are simple and easy to use. I am in love with it and would surely recommend it to anyone looking to pursue their baking passion.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

mortlipp

mortlippasked

C9GMXA

SA999X Smeg oven, 17 years old in a house recently purchased, has had the fan for fan assist replaced, the thermostat and the cooling fan replaced recently with amazing service from SMEG, however, the metal surrounds of the oven get very hot when cooking. The glass section of the door is not too hot, the knobs are okay but the top, bottom and side metal surrounds are so hot that I could not hold my hand more than a second or so without feeling like I would get a burn. I just don't recall other ovens I've had being so hot as to be scary. I assume that the new cooling fan is still working as the problem with the stone benchtop getting unacceptably hot has not returned which was an issue before the cooling fan was replaced. I would like someone from SMEG to tell me how hot the metal outside surfaces should get, or what is acceptable. I would buy another SMEG due to the good service we have had.

How hot does your SMEG oven metal surrounds get? Can you hold your hand on the surrounds?
Michelle

Sue L.

Sue L.asked

C9GMXA

Hello, how easy is it to remove the lightbulbs (2 have 2) I have tried and tried. Is there a trick in getting to glass cover off?

Jacqui R

Jacqui Rasked

C9GMXA

We bought this standing cook to back in 2018.
Oven has been flickering and turning off for no reason when in use of course.
We find that it seems to overheating on the outside too.
We've never had any issues before, but it's starting to get annoying, when you have something in the oven and it starts to flicker and turn off, we have to unplug it wait a few seconds plug back in and turn it back on and it works fine. This can happen two to three times during cooking.

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear Jacqui R,
Thanks for your enquiry. Have you contacted us to discuss these problems? We would like to have the opportunity to have a look at the feedback you have provided. Can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. We will then contact you to discuss this and co-ordinate for a representative to attend your premises. Our Email address is: service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley.
Regards, Smeg Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Compare all 8 Smeg C9GM Series
Smeg C9GMXU
  • Discontinued

Smeg C9GMXU

CategoryFreestanding OvensFreestanding OvensFreestanding OvensFreestanding Ovens
Price (RRP) $4,290.00
Oven FuelElectricityElectricityElectricityElectricity
Type Conventional (Conduction)ConvectionConvectionConvection
SizeSingleSingleSingleSingle
Capacity126L126L126L126L
FeaturesCooling Fan and Separate GrillCooling FanCooling FanCooling Fan
Colour / FinishWhiteBlackStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 912 x 900 x 600 mm912 x 900 x 600 mm912 x 900 x 600 mm912 x 900 x 600 mm
Cooktop TypeGasGasGasGas
Number of Burners/Zones 6666
Wok Burner YesYesYesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateSept 2008Sept 2008Sept 2008