Smeg C9GM Series

Smeg C9GM Series

C9GMBA, C9GMXA, CS9GMNHA, C9GMB, C9GMBWH and 3 more

Very suitable

This oven is very spacious and cooks well. It produces a very even result. The hotplates work well and the area around them is easy to clean . Door is nice and wide to access too.

Purchased in September 2018.

Product is used: Daily

Great oven that works as well as it looks

This oven lacks a few features (such as pyrolytic cleaning) that start showing up around its pricepoint, but when I compared it with more feature rich ovens for a similar price, none of them competed in terms of build quality. The trivets are solid and stable for any sized pots, cooktop burners light quickly and run consistently, oven has excellent heat consistency throughout the compartment and the controls are solid and easy to use.

I have found that it has the performance and aesthetics of a much more expensive oven.

But there are places where you'll see the cost cutting measures that were taken to deliver that performance and price. The main ones are in the oven compartment: It comes with only two oven racks, a standard rack and a grill tray on telescopic runners. You can buy additional racks and runners later, but they're reasonably expensive and most suppliers don't carry stock. The oven door seals well but the hinges feel cheaper than the rest of the door, and seem likely to need replacing in time.

The deficiencies of this unit are all minor and, at worst, will probably result in later repairs that still add up to less than the cost of an oven that might still have required the same services.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Pricey but worth it

Bought this as a replacement to my old smeg. Am very happy with it. Smeg are not cheap, but they do last a long time and retain their good looks. I hope to have this oven for a long time so it is really worth the initial investment price. Would recommend to friends

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Savage! Thanks for your review - Don't forget to book yourself into one of our Cooking Demonstrations - I notice your location is Melbourne, we hold these Demonstrations regularly at our Collingwood Showroom. Our product demonstrations are designed to assist you in understanding exactly how your oven works, how to clean it, operate the controls and clocks, use oven functions plus extra cooking tips and advice. Smeg staff are always on hand to take you through step by step your exact appliance and offer any assistance you may require... And of course, you get to taste test all the yummy food that is cooked !! Once again, thanks for your review. Best Regards. SMEG AUSTRALIA.

A great price.

A great price. Awesome stove and looks great!!!
This stove is amazing. High quality and just what we needed as an upgrade to our space. The burner flames are high, oven cooking is stellar. This is high quality and the stainless steel looks great. So far, so good. We have enjoyed this oven very much.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

SMEG oven

Our old oven broke down so we purchased a new SMEG from the Good Guys Robina. The oven is fantastic, self cleaning with gas top. Very easy to clean top and looks and cooks great. The staff were very helpful and arrranged installation. I couldn't be more happy with my new SMEG appliance

Date PurchasedApr 2018

This was the only gas top stove our local store had

Moved into our new place months back and the local Harvey Norman store only had this Smeg as a gas top burner as the rest were all electric and we all know gas is cheaper than power in SA. The install cost us big time so not happy about that but the stove performs great! Cooked some really nice meals on it so far

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great cooker but large burner wont stay on ...

Bought this cooker for quality ....it was bought 4yrs ago but was in storage for 14 months ....now we have to get a repair man out as warranty is out of date ....I am sure it is a minor repair .....but charges are pretty high ....yes we should have got an extended warranty ....but we thought Smeg would be a quality product .

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Dear Nivek, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullenwill do ta

What an oven!

Bought this oven for the new home, O M G why didnt we ever have something like this before? Besides looking awesome, it cooks evenly and cooks well. The hotplates are a great size and are suited to all of our needs. Very easy to use, even our 13 yr old can use it

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Nice big cook top and oven

A stylish freestanding gas cook top and electric oven.
Easy to use but as with most oven these days you have to learn the symbols.

The oven heats up quickly and keeps a nice stable temperature.
The extra space both on top and in the oven is always welcome and even though there are only 2 of us we still find that we enjoy being able to both work at the stove at the same time. For larger dinner parties the 6 burners are indispensible.

You pay a fair bit for the brand but the quality is there.

Cons:
- imprecise oven control: Fine for roasting but not great for baking, for the money I'd have preferred something where I could dial in the temperature more accurately but this is minor.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Wonderful Oven

The freestanding oven, gas mind you, is a perfect addition to my rear outdoor setting. The oven is amazing. Its gas, stater always works, the stove top burners are large and generous in size, handle l on in one time woo hoo.
The oven, OMG shut the gates, its absolutely brilliant, Cooks anything in half the time of your normal elec oven. Buy one!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Problem solved thank you

After posting a negative report on my SMEG stove, I received an immediate response from Steve Cullen. Although it has taken a while, my problem with my disappearing decals has been solved. All members of the SMEG Team that I dealt with since my first review have been extremely polite and helpful. The gentleman who came to my house to fix the problem was very efficient, friendly and helpful with advice. This could have all been avoided if the original person I spoke to had a little more training in customer service. I have always loved my stove and this was one issue I could not solve myself. I will always recommend SMEG and now their service team. Thank you very much for the time and effort taken to sort out my problem. Much appreciated

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Kitchen Beauty!

My wife talked me into this. I am a more basic sort of guy but I am glad she did. Its really stylish and makes the kitchen look great. We have had zero issues with this. In fact its a joy to use after the sorry old one in our old house. The only issues were understanding how to set the the clock which is more a matter of us and perhaps the thickness of the sheet metal compared to the old days.
It is easy to clean and bakes beautifully.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Love it

Was so lucky to get this as a gift. Couldn’t believe my eyes. It is so efficient easy to clean. And cooks so well. I’m still experimenting but nothing has failed. Thank you smeg. I have also been given a smeg toaster and smeg kettle for my birthday and I can’t wait to use them as well. It will be the first time my toaster will sit on the bench.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Wifey swears by this

What an amazing look from Smeg, we got free gifts from them at point of purchase including an apron, wok, smeg oven tray, all very good quality. The 6 burner is a sensation, the way it looks has a very outstanding look making a great addition to our kitchen. It’s easy to operate

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Premium Brand- Not Premium Product/Service

We purchased a house last year with a newly renovated beautiful SMEG filled Kitchen. The entire kitchen is less than 2 years old and the oven is already causing us problems however because we didn’t build the kitchen and have tried every avenue unsuccessfully for the original receipt (contacted previous owners) we are told too bad you’ll have to wear the cost of a service technician and any work performed to fix it.

I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone after this experience, I have dealt with other white goods/appliance Manufacturers and never had this kind of poor service before. I would expect such an expensive oven to last more than 18 months!

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Dear J.T., I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenHi Steve, Thanks for addressing my email so promptly, I appreciate how quickly I was contacted for someone to come and check out my oven. Kind Regards, Jessica.

Works great

I have been using it for 1 year and have not seen any issues with it. Got large space for all my baking needs. The controls are simple and easy to use. I am in love with it and would surely recommend it to anyone looking to pursue their baking passion.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

this is perfect

i love this cooking stove because it is modern, has a wok burner in the middle and easy to use. the switches are user friendly and clear, indicating the big/small fire. the fire speed is good also and easily adjustable. the oven is electric and great for cooking/roasting/grilling/baking, all you need !

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Massive oven that’s does the job

Great 90cm oven but does use a lot of energy and is incredibly hard to find extra trays for because of its width.

Have found a hot spot in the middle but it’s only a bit hotter so doesn’t effect cooking substantially.

Gas top is great with good coverage.

Easy to clean.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great oven

Fabulous oven, after 5 years the only problem was the clock which when I registered the problem they asked if I needed the entire oven replaced.
I said no need the oven is in great order just the clock needs repair, That was replaced 18 months ago with no problems since.
I can honestly say it was a great purchase.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Expected better

Has been repaired once already, I expected better results and really it's just as good as my old Westinghouse. I personally would not spend the money on SMEG appliances. It looks great, cleans easily but this oven is no better than any other oven I've owned. Easy to clean is the only quality this oven has.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

I have a smeg free standing oven cooktop. when turning the oven on everything works except the small thermostat light and it doesnt heat up on any of the functions. the fan works, the oven light comes on the display time is set properly. Is this a thermostat issue or a faulty timer switch?

i have a smeg c9gmxa freestanding oven, its 9 years old, always worked wonderfully, yesterday there was a bright yellow light coming from the inside where the fans/ elements are then the whole oven turned itself off ., now the oven will go on but won't heat up very much ?... do you have a smeg servicing person to come and have a look at it, we live in Modbury Heights South Australia Sharon thank you
Hi there and thanks for your query - our Authorised Repairer Prestige Appliance Repairs will be able to assist you - the contact telephone number is 08 8352 2022 - if you have any further questions you can contact us direct at Service@smeg.com.au - kind regards Smeg AustraliaThank you i have left a message for them to call me - my mobile number is 0414 209 534 or my work number is 8267 8290 please leave a message on my mobile if you can't get me in the morning or call my work number thank you Sharon

I have a brand new (three days old) CSP9GMXA. When the thermostat is set to a temperature (say 180 degrees C) the oven heats up to 180 degrees C and makes the correct beep sound when the temperature is reached and the indicator light shows it has reached the correct temperature, as verified by the purchased oven thermometer. The oven temperature then continues to increase to over 200 degrees and stays there until the door is opened or the temperature setting is lowered to 150 degrees. The thermostat does not control the temperature. It is like an on/off switch with no differential or feedback loop. Is this how a $5000 plus SMEG oven is supposed to operate?

C9GMBACS9GMNHAC9GMXAC9GMXUC9GMBC9GMBWHC9GMNAC9GMX