Smeg CIR93AXS3

Purchased in June 2012.

Lesley R.Smeg

Excellent service from SMEG

I had a great experience with SMEG Service

Even when the cooktop warranty is out, SMEG organised a service with parts replaced all done as part of goodwill.

Thanks to Lesley from the service department who was excellent in following up my issues and organised a prompt service call two days later and parts was replaced, The service technician was great at fixing the problem quickly too.

My cooktop works like its brand new again.

Thank you so much SMEG.

James

Date PurchasedMay 2015
George

George

Happy customer

Bought what is essentially, from what I can tell, the same model in 1995 .the only visible difference being the grids being of slightly different construction. That hob has worked like a charm for 22yrs of solid use and still going strong . Have bought one for our lake house with no problems so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Gas Cooktops

Find out how Smeg CIR93AXS3 compares to other Gas Cooktops

Gas flow issue

Cannot get gas to flow no matter how long I depress the knobs. Problem lasts for few days and then it starts working again. Usually happens after oven (located below) is used. Thinking of replacing it with a better brand. Stove was provided by the builder of my new home. Has happened several times over the last few years.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Rodney M.Smeg

BakappoiMelbourne

SMEG Gas Cooktop - not worth the price

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

foisal h.asked

Hi, I am interested to buy this CIR93AXS cooktop for my kitchen. Was wondering what is the purpose of the middle long burner. Can anyone please share your thoughts.
Thanks,
Foisal

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Foisal. Thank you for your enquiry, this cooktop is fabulous and the middle long burner is commonly refered to as a "fish burner". While normal gas burners are round, fish burners have an elongated oblong shape. This makes it possible to use rectangular-shaped cookware, or to place your metal roasting tray directly on top of the cooktop. (You would normally cook a whole fish in a rectangular pan - hence the name 'fish burner. Hope this helps ! Kind regards, Lesley from Smeg Australia.

foisal h.

Thanks Lesley for giving me some insights. That will surely help to make my decision.
-Cheers

Iris r

Iris rasked

Is the smeg Model SAR93AX1 a good top and are parts still.available for that model as I have been offered that model 2nd hand?

Steve C.Smeg

I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would can say that that model number was manufactured from 1997 for a few years and whilst we have some part there are some that are now no longer available. If you can get a serial number from the base of the unit that can tell us whet year it was made. You can email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au , hope this helps. Regards, Steve Cullen

Joe H.

Joe H.asked

how to put wok burner together

Hi Joe,
You have to match the notch in the base to the key in the top part.

Regards,
Smeg Tech Support

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryGas Cooktops