Excellent service from SMEG

I had a great experience with SMEG Service

Even when the cooktop warranty is out, SMEG organised a service with parts replaced all done as part of goodwill.

Thanks to Lesley from the service department who was excellent in following up my issues and organised a prompt service call two days later and parts was replaced, The service technician was great at fixing the problem quickly too.

My cooktop works like its brand new again.

Thank you so much SMEG.

James

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Happy customer

Bought what is essentially, from what I can tell, the same model in 1995 .the only visible difference being the grids being of slightly different construction. That hob has worked like a charm for 22yrs of solid use and still going strong . Have bought one for our lake house with no problems so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Gas flow issue

Cannot get gas to flow no matter how long I depress the knobs. Problem lasts for few days and then it starts working again. Usually happens after oven (located below) is used. Thinking of replacing it with a better brand. Stove was provided by the builder of my new home. Has happened several times over the last few years.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Dear Kiwi Man, could you please email our National Service Manager, steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details and the problems you are experiencing with your cooktop. Once he has this information, he can ascertain how to best rectify the problem. Regards Smeg

SMEG Gas Cooktop - not worth the price

I purchased my Smeg CIR93AXS 90cm topmount gas cooktop just over 2 years ago and it has been nothing but trouble ever since, as is pretty much the case with the rest of my Smeg kitchen appliances!

The auto ignition system works when it wants too and when it does and the gas ignites, you have to continue to hold the gas lever down for up to 20 seconds before the system registers that the gas is in fact lit (while the igniter system is still madly clicking away trying to light the gas). Only then can you release the gas lever without the gas going out. There is also an issue with a couple of the gas taps where you have to wiggle them to get the gas to start flowing.

I have now resorted to buying an electric kettle, as its much easier than having to deal with this below average Smeg appliance on a daily basis.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Dear Bakappoi, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenHi Steve, Thanks for getting this sorted out for me. Just some feedback regarding the service company in Melbourne, Having clearly specified the issues being experienced with the cook top to yourself, they turned up without any parts whatsoever! All they could do was confirm the cause of both issues and had to return a second time (a week later) to fit the parts. This resulted in myself having to take time off work for both occasions. Hopefully all good from here, Thanks, Andrew