Smeg PA361XGH

Smeg PA361XGH

MPN: PA361XGH

2.0

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING

We purchased this cooktop when renovating our kitchen. Wthin a few months I contacted smeg and asked about removal of staining around the trivets which were discoloured from normal every day cooking. I was told that these should not be put in the dishwasher and they should be polished with a soft cloth and mild soap and water...this did not work of course. Considering the reputation of smeg I was expecting a much higher quality of item. The trivets and the stove cooktop are not made of quality stainless steal and I would not recommend this cooktop....Our previous cooktop was still looking good after 20 years and it looks like we will be replacing this existing item again with something that withstand everyday use.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$700.00.

MARNA

MARNA

Do not get Smeg Gas Cooktop

Since I purchased a Smeg gas cooktop 12 months ago, I have had three different breakdown problems when I was unable to use my cooktop. Fortunately all three were repaired under warranty. First one burner ignition mechanism would not work and had to be replaced. Second, the wok burner wouldn't work. Now the ignition on all 4 burners is firing off on all 4 burners. The only way to stop it is to turn off the electrics. I am warning people never buy Smeg appliances. I also have a Smeg oven which is so user unfriendly that even after 12 months I need to read the manual if I'm using it. I also have a Smeg convection microwave oven which was so expensive and can do anything but non of them well. Avoid buying Smeg appliances is my advice.

Date PurchasedMay 2017