2.0 from 1 review

Do not get Smeg Gas Cooktop

Since I purchased a Smeg gas cooktop 12 months ago, I have had three different breakdown problems when I was unable to use my cooktop. Fortunately all three were repaired under warranty. First one burner ignition mechanism would not work and had to be replaced. Second, the wok burner wouldn't work. Now the ignition on all 4 burners is firing off on all 4 burners. The only way to stop it is to turn off the electrics. I am warning people never buy Smeg appliances. I also have a Smeg oven which is so user unfriendly that even after 12 months I need to read the manual if I'm using it. I also have a Smeg convection microwave oven which was so expensive and can do anything but non of them well. Avoid buying Smeg appliances is my advice.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Dear Marna, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details. Once I have this information I would like to arrange a visit by a senior service person to check your appliances then we would be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen