Smeg PGA64

Smeg PGA64

MPN: 35903054

Wrong size advertised

When I purchased PGA64 from Good Guys during X-mas 2018, I was told both in Harvey Norman and Good Guys that it would fit in place of my old Smeg SAR 66X as both are advertised as to fit in 60cm cooktop but when the installer came to fit it in then told me that it does not fit and I need to get a stone benchtop cutter to widen the cutout with 5cm. Now I need to pay extra for the benchtop cutter as well.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Dear Bish, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details also please advise if you have had the appliance installed. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Poor design

I do like the gas cooktop but don't love it. I like the design of it being sunken. It is easy to clean. But I agree with disappointed that the design is poor and you can only fit small pans on it or only 2 at one time. I regret that at the time of doing my kitchen I did not look into an electric induction. If I had thought of it sooner I would definately have changed to electric induction. I would love to be able to do this now.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Disappointed

Really bad design. Bought it to replace old Smeg cooktop hoping it would be easy to install in the bench but that didn't happen even though it is technically the same size. The design of my old cooktop was so much better, the new one can only fit two pans unless they are very small.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Liz, I'am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager, can you please contact me to discuss this further ,I will need the model of your old cook top along with your full name , address and contact details.Please copy and paste your review in your email to me Regards steve.cullen@smeg.com.au

A great stove top that fits low into the bench with a decent wok burner

Was installed by large local installer, good knobs at the front with clear markings. Beautiful stainless steel but each burner has a few bits to remove for major cleans or easy wipe down of the whole top.
Easy to keep clean after each cooking session. Burns gas as it should and nice fine control by the front knobs that stay cool.

Very good heavy quality two grid racks that lift off for easy cleaning. 34.8 Mj/h on natural gas..
The lower height suits a shorter cook!!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Don't Pay Retail

I was totally in love with the aesthetics of this Smeg underbench gas cook top until it was installed in my new kitchen. Was going to pay retail from The Good Guys but working in trade my husband was able to get a good Smeg package deal from a builder they work for.
After only being installed for 1 month the polished aluminium burners have already changed colours & need to be cleaned after every use. But the worst part of it all is the diagrams/writing of the cooktop have started to fade. I can't seem to understand how this can happen in such a short period of time. Even the SMEG sign is fading away slowly. It's something I'd expect to happen after a good 5 years for the price you paying. Wish I had kept my 15yo old chef as I wouldn't hesitate change it over. Part of the package was the undermount rangehood which is EXTREMELY loud. Oven is yet to be installed but can say my hopes are not set too high at all. I'm just so glad I didn't pay retail for this & wouldn't recommend it. Shop for other cheaper quality brands. A high price does not necessarily justify quality these days.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dear Nicole, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenHave been in contact with Smegs National service manager and awaiting for a book in for a service call. Will update when this occurs.

This is a good product

Been operating this cooktop for a 2 months now.No problems, operates well with all burners in action, starts promptly, and is very easy to clean.Only downside is polished aluminium burner surround discolours, but its no problem, we just clean them with a product called Gumption once a week while doing the dishes, discoloration comes off very easily, looks brand new all the time.Its a huge improvement on our old gas cooktop.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Not the best cooktop I've ever had

While I love the way this cooktop actually sits down into the bench, it isn't the best cooktop I've ever had.
It is more difficult than most to light - you seem to need to have the knob in exactly the right position for the flame to catch & hold & more importantly, I can't get the flame down low enough to simmer on any burner - unless I use a simmer mat. On previous cooktops I haven't needed to do this.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Dear Arabella, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to arrange an inspection of the appliance to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenThankyou Steve! I am very impressed with your service in sending a technician to have a look at my cooktop so quickly. The lighting problem was my error & the simmering problem was resolved by the technician so I am now very happy with the cooktop & would recommend both it & your company! Thankyou again!

Disappointed - Not recommended

I just used for 2-3 times then the one by one burner' ring changed to a rusty look which can't be cleaned. The ugly look started to appear even with the burners (2 little ones) I haven't used. Then after a week the black stand started to change color as well. Not really impressed.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Dear Thanh Nguyen, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details and also a photograph of the parts would help. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Wouldn't recommend

This cooktop looks good but you can't use more than 2 flames at a time unless you are using small pans. If you use the wok burner you can't use any of the others
Looks good
can only use elements at a time. diamond shape doesn't work

Can the heat control valves be changed for variable control as the low setting is still too high?
Hi Karl, valves can not be changed but there is an adjustment for the low flame so you can make it lower, your gas fitter should have adjusted it. There is instructions on how to adjust the low in your instruction book. Regards Chris

Hi Elly, Just to clarify - you say when you use the wok burner you can't use the other elements - is this because another pan won't fit or because there's not enough gas/heat to use 2 elements at the same time? Thanks.
Hello Arabella, Thank you for your enquiry. You can definately use the burners on the right when you are using the wok burner which is located on the left of this Cooktop.

PGA64