Smeg SA9065X / SA9065XS

Smeg SA9065X / SA9065XS

SA9065XS and SA9065X

BecGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dangerous!!!!! (But excellent customer service)

Purchased in July 2016 at The Good Guys for $2,000.00.

Safety
Product is used: Daily
Lesley R.Smeg
Bec

Thanks Lesley. I have updated my review based on the excellent customer service and help I received. Thank you.

Troy H

Troy HMelbourne

Perfect oven, looks great and works very well.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Bruce

Bruceluxfishers@me.com

Despite a couple of issues its still a great oven

Date PurchasedSep 2014

DianaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

DISAPPOINTED WITH SMEG

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Diana

Smeg after service rang and said they would be down to install new fans. I explained that I did not want the same technician to come to our home. Can you contact me via my email. I am in hospital at the moment.
Sincerely, Diana

Silence from Smeg.

Go_Hawkers

Go_Hawkersmelbourne

Looks Good Functions Average

This came with our newly purchased house.
At first my wife and I were delighted with its good modern looks but living with it over the last 9 months, I am less than impressed.
The stove top works really well and I like the wok burner. Very good. The oven is bad, really bad. There are supposed to be settings without fan forced but they dont work and the fan runs in every setting. It also does not seal well and you can feel air escaping.
I looks great, and the stovetop is good but the oven is bad.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Worst oven ever

Where do I start? Within a few months the temperature and other markings had all rubbed off. The oven doesn’t heat consistently or hold temperature (I use an internal oven thermometer to set temp). It overheats when set on high then switches itself off to cool, so you can’t do anything that requires a hot oven. Clock is unreadable. Was so disappointed with this.

Will be redoing my kitchen this year and smeg will not make an appearance.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Libby

Libby

Inner glass doors keep coming off

Can you help? The inner 2 glass doors keep coming off and we can't seem to secure them so they fit. The oven is virtually new so not sure if it's been put together correctly. Doesn't happen all the time, but if you open the door in a hurry it will occur. Needing help.....

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Erns

ErnsSydney

It’s ok

It does the job like any other oven would do but the cool down time takes longer then the actual cooking time which I am not sure is a good thing. I find that in a small apartment it radiates a lot of heat so not ideal for small kitchens.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
HD_Detailed

HD_Detailed

Premium price but not a premium product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011
Rodney M.Smeg
Dan

DanMelbourne

Great oven

This oven was purchased as a package with a range hood. The oven has been fantastic and cooks really well. In the past year I have had to replace one of the rear elements as well as one of the internal light globes but both were relatively cheap. Oven does sometimes cook a little uneven as do many fan forced ovens but by rotating the food this is not an issue.

Date PurchasedJun 2008

Georgie

GeorgieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy with product!!

This oven! Three years old and electric clock at front already unreadable!!! Woke up one day and ? Globes blown in clock - it's in front of oven and looks terrible! Rang up only to get run around!! Oven only used prob once per fortnight! How can this happen?? Not happy!!

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Afster

AfsterHunter Region, NSW

Worth buying

Very good oven considering the price. Previously had a blanco and that was the worst oven/stove ever, it was part of package with builders on our new home and it lasted the longest from all the blanco appliances, blanco oven lasted just over two years and I replace it with smeg oven and the smeg is heaps better considering the smeg is cheaper. The oven heats up so quickly in half the time compared to the blanco. Gas top stove work well

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Bree w

Bree wSydney

Good value for your money

Oven is great in the aspect it does exactly what it says with all features. Food is always cooked really well however sometimes it cooks quicker then the recipe says (this is not a complaint). Heats up quickly but takes a while to cool down. Would recommend this oven to anyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Smeg absolute garbage

What a shocker. Oven fan conked out twice. Different burners sometimes impossible to light. Many times burners would turn themselves off. Could not cook anything that required time without monitoring the burners in case they went out. Waiting for Smeg technicians to come was like waiting for Godot. Never again will I consider buying a Smeg product.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Rodney M.Smeg

Smeg never again

Moved into a brand new house as the first occupance 4 yrs ago. Every year someone has had to come and fix my wok burner. Now my fan oven has packed it in. Called to book repair $110 call out. $33 every 15 mins plus parts. Don't think I will bother. Think I'll purchase a better brand. I have a suspicion this was a reject stove/oven to begin with.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Sarah

SarahEltham

Cooks great

This is my second Smeg oven and I'm pleased with the upgrade.
As with all ovens it takes time to no where the cold spots are and when to turn the tray.
The gas stove top is brilliant and it looks great in the kitchen.
Couldn't be happier with this model!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

LynneSydney, NSW

Oven stopped working after 10 months

We previously had the equivalent Smeg stove for 12 years without problems. It eventually stopped working so we replaced it with another Smeg. Last night I had guests for dinner, put the food in the oven, it hadn't preheated, stone cold. No matter what we did, couldn't get it to work. The stove is 10 months old. Very unhappy.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Annie

AnnieBicheno, Tasmania

Love my new Smeg!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Prakash

PrakashSydney

Owen Not Working

Just moved into this place fitted with a brand new Smeg SA9065XS.
The stove works but the owen nor the clock not working. really frustrating as cannot cook anything in the owen.
I see Steve Cullen is the sales manager
Could you please call me on 0466322952
Prakash Monteiro

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Lilac

Lilac

Totally Annoyed

I bought this dual cooker last Monday had it installed Tuesday. Gas fitter no problems electrician couldn't get the oven or clock working. Smeg had a 2 week wait for tech to come out! So organised replacement oven that came today. Had the gas and electrician install again same problem!!! If Smeg knows of this problem take them off the market. I have had to have time off work for all the installations and am now back to square one. No oven. The Good Guys have had excellent post product service but Smeg to fix this.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Cathie

Cathieasked

SA9065XS

Hi - am not sure which of the two 9065 models I have - but please don't laugh at me when I admit that I only just discovered (from another page) that the bottom tray comes out for cleaning - and then to my absolute horror I saw what was under the bottom elements - 11 years of build up which needs to come out ASAP - so please tell me the best way to do that - can I take the elements out first to clean it - and also did I read somewhere that the top one comes out too (the roof?) and that I can take the door off to clean it easier??? Where has all this information been.
Also as a side note - we purchased this oven in 2007 and have not regretted it once - I LOVE LOVE LOVE my oven, although the door has never closed properly and when it was installed we were told that is the way the door sits - but from reading above it appears we just need to have a new seal fitted - would that be correct?
Cathie

Ben Claydonasked

I have just purchased a FS9606XS and un packed it yesterday and I have noticed that the door seal, bottom center is deformed.
I have replaced NUMEROUS seals on my previous oven and I am concerned that this is defective. What can you do to help?

hello
From the description of the problem,can only recommend that you call (02) 8667 4833, to arrange for a service call.

Ben Claydon

Is there a melbourne service centre?

Reju

Rejuasked

SA9065X

My SMEG sa9065x was installed in mid December. I find that the ring/skirt around the burner gets discoloured very quickly and its hard to clean. Could you please recommend on how to maintain this, the stainless steel skirt looks ugly.

Smeg

Hi Reju the best way to clean the burner skirts is with Gumption and a green scourer pad.
Regards Chris

Lynne

I used gumption and a scourer pad, but it dulled the chrome finish on the surround.

Max
Max

Why not try the good old way of using white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda mixed together. It's cheap, effective and does not have any effect on the environment and I have found it better than anything else. Leaves it completely shiny and no scratch marks!

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Smeg SA9065X
  • Discontinued

Smeg SA9065X

Smeg SA9065XS

Smeg SA9065XS

CategoryFreestanding OvensFreestanding Ovens
Price (RRP) $3,190
Oven FuelElectricityElectricity
Type Conventional (Conduction)Conventional (Conduction)
SizeSingleSingle
Capacity126L126L
FeaturesCooling Fan and Separate GrillCooling Fan and Separate Grill
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 925 x 900 x 600 mm900 x 900 x 600 mm
Cooktop TypeGasGas
Number of Burners/Zones 55
Wok Burner YesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateApr 2008