Smeg SBIM30X

Smeg SBIM30X

Kylie.L

Kylie.LIllawarra, NSW

Hate it....waste of money with lack of customer service

The steam builds up in the LCD screen which can not be good for the electrics. Drips water in my new kitchen cupboard.
Poor response from smeg. Unusable
It’s like buying a new car and being told don’t go over 80km or it will over heat!!!

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,080.00.

Julie

Microwave overheating.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Rodney M.Smeg

Bern999Beenleigh

This SMEG Microwave really isn't up to spec!

I've had this since Oct and bought it as part of the promotion $6000 or more....Adore the double oven!
This Microwave has burned the bottom of two expensive Tupperware Microwave containers!!
The bottoms get so hot they melt.
I had a Panasonic Convection which I replaced with the SMEG-Bad choice!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

BarryMelbourne

It's slow and unreliable

Unfortunately we bought a house with this microwave and a smeg double oven that were installed by the previous owners during a kitchen upgrade, shortly before the sale. We have already replaced the double oven ( the electronic controls only worked occasionally) and the microwave is slow, and just simply turns off occasionally during use. (The power just stops for a few minutes). We will be replacing the microwave. I'm disappointed as I expected smeg product to be high quality. Our experience is not good Buy something else. Nothing we can do about the product now

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Barry

Thanks Steve. I've done as requested. Thank you for taking the time to read and take notice. Really appreciated. Cheers. Barry

Barry

The service man called and did what he could. I am very happy with the care and concern that Steve showed. Well done. While at our home the serviceman fixed up a fault with the double oven. Really good after sales service.

Complete Rubbish

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Charmaine P
Charmaine P

I thought I should also reply to my review and say how pleased I am with the way you dealt with my problems Steve.
I am more than happy with the outcome and would be happy to purchase Smeg appliances in the future.
Many thanks

LindaSydney

I have NEVER been so disappointed in an appliance that I have bought in my life

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Rodney M.Smeg
Linda

I would like to thank Steve Cullen for his prompt attention to the above review. He has resolved my problem in a most satisfactory manner. Thank you Steve.

Janell

Janell

Smeg Rubbish

Disappointed with this purchase as part of a $8,000 SMEG kitchen package. Microwave gets extremely hot and It burns things. If I could return it and get my money back I would. Its over-rated and an expensive glorified microwave. Not sure how this has been approved as it is dangerous..

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Steve C.Smeg

Persevered for no good reason, obviously

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Lorraine d.Melbourne

I got Smegged, good and proper!

MargaretHunter Region, NSW

Expensive Rubbish!

Rubbish unless I'm using incorrectly. Burns things. The base gets extremely hot. Inside the door and inside the control panel fill with moisture when steaming. Take 2 hours to clear. We replaced our old reliable workhorse as we were getting a new kitchen. Microwave is built in so that presents a problem to change.

Now, 4 years on, the microwave has died completely!!!

Purchased in July 2015 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Noise Level
Lesley R.Smeg

PalindromePerth, WA

Paid top $ for a lemon

SMEG!!!!! This broke microwave safe plates & burned the pop corn bag to a crisp. The bottom glass element heats up like crazy on the microwave setting and is dangerous. We had it serviced and still no change to operation. Called SMEG x5 and they kept on handballing the issue on. After service support has been terrible for such an expensive item. The showroom couldn't even give us any advice on the model

We did a kitchen reno with an inbuilt microwave cabinet and this has spoiled our new kitchen.

The guys at Harvey Norman have been assisting us in repair/replacement

Palindrome

UPDATE - SMEG has given us a full refund on the microwave - Jye

Esther

EstherMelbourne

Piece of crap, don't buy

Sorry for the language but I'm so disappointed with this product. It's a built in microwave which means I can't easily replace it with a different brand. My new dream kitchen has now a microwave that looks great but doesn't work .....and I have 3 little kids....great.
Doesn't heat properly, takes 3 times as long, when you use full power it shuts itself down, or shuts your power down. Also had technician look at it, everything works accordingly ...?!
Going back to Harvey Norman because I want my money back.

Ness H

Ness HAdelaide

Worst Microwave I've ever owned.

Kerrieasked

How do I go about trying to access a refund for this dangerous metal sculpture? Any advice gratefully received....

Margaret

I presume the first point of call, Kerrie, would be the retailer you bought it from. I didn't try, but I'm just as unhappy with the Smeg double oven we bought. We were lead to believe the small oven could be used like a grill, but you have to have the door closed so food like cutlets tend to stew a bit in the trapped steam. Sorry I can't be any help but I'd be interested to know if you have success.

Lorraine d.

I approached the retailer who went in to bat for me with the sales rep. I did receive support from the sales rep, but they left the company. Alantin (service dept) said there was nothing wrong with the unit. So, I pulled out the big guns and wrote an honest review of the product and posted it on line. My review lit up like a Christmas Tree and my story was backed up by emails, the retailer and the trail left by the ex-rep. I was contacted by a senior sales manager who attended to my concerns very promptly. Hope that helps.

Kerrie

I have been contacted by Smeg and they have been very sympathetic and speedy in their desire to get this sorted for us.... they are picking up the microwave next week and providing a full refund. Although I'm very happy with the outcome I just wish I'd not persevered and contacted them sooner... I was pleasantly surprised by their response I must say... now I just need to fill the hole in the kitchen! i can't thank you all enough for helping me to get my brave on and post my complaint...

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryMicrowaves