Smeg TRA90

• Preheating Speed
Carole

CarolePerth

Poor design, poor quality

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Product is used Several times a week

LindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

TRA90BL

I would be all for a class action against Smeg. They sell themselves as an high end product.
We have had it for not quite 4 years and it looks crap. The back splash and the stove top terrible quality, paintwork is chipping and scratching. I beg anybody not to buy this sub standard product. Called Smeg and l was just dismissed. Come back St.George

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys for A$4,667.00.

Product is used Several times a week

Dear Linda,
Have you emailed Steve directly as requested so he can assist you with your problems?

Bill42South East Queensland, QLD

This appliance along with matching range hood looks magnificent

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$5,000.00.

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Smeg warning! oven cookers major problems with electrics and rust on products see all reviews please google Smeg Rust!

Major problem with Smeg Products for rust and electronics breaking down within a couple years of purchase . I’d like to see a class action against Smeg for defective products. Don’t buy

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$8,000.00.

Smeg appliances

Paint chipping off the back of stovetop and on door of the front of the oven, disgusted with product as only have it with 4 years!! Looks awful. Used to love a meg products and appliance had the grey cooker for nearly 10 years before this and never had a problem. Please be warned and don’t buy the black appliance and no support or come back

Purchased in July 2015.

SariahVictoria

RUST after only three years Smeg blames Customers, see reviews on Facebook. Thousands of customers with same problem.

Rusting, bubbling paint now just falling off my three year old oven, apparently all smeg ovens are experiencing rust problems. I had my cheap oven before this for twenty years, no rust ever. Smeg is Rubbish do not and please read the reviews. You will not buy after reading the complaints.

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$8,000.00.

Annie

AnnieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very easy to use

The oven is very functional, easy to use, self cleaning, cooks in no time all round rather than having to turn the pan around to cook. Fanforced makes it very easy.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Jonathan D

Jonathan DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smeg are disingenuous regarding cashback offer

Purchased in March 2019 for A$3,400.00.

Alison C.

Alison C.Perth, WA

Fantastic oven

I purchased a smeg Victoria tra 90 black stove I love it not only does it loook impressive it cooks really well I would recommend this oven to anyone one happy customer

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$4,590.00.

Elizabeta Z.

Elizabeta Z.Perth, WA

After paying over $4500 for this oven - Not worth it!

Problem with this oven when just coming out of box and plugging in.
Technician said - clock issue. That was fixed.
After doing burn off as required. I Started cooking normally and realised after taking meal I cooked out, metal particles on the base of oven and some kind substance coming out of fan and back panel.
Technician came out - he said burn out not done properly or it’s the grease from my cooking.
Manager rings me and said it was my cooking
So will not replace.
After cooking I found the cooking is not even. It cooks more on one side than the other. So you have to turn around.
I am so angry and will never buy a Smeg product again. I have been more happier with cheaper ovens.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$4,600.00.

Product is used Weekly
Sharin I.

Sharin I.Launceston, TAS

Has taken our kitchen to the next level

Fantastic oven, cooks evenly and looks amazing, we could not be happier with our choice. Easy to clean and excellent functions, the gas cooktop is well set out and the soft close door is a bonus

Purchased in July 2019.

Chris NSmeg

Sharin, fantastic to hear good news from our customers. Enjoy your SMEG cooking experiences every day!!

Natalie

NatalieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly Recommended!

Not only is this oven good to look at in the kitchen, but works amazingly. Great size oven that fits large trays (which are included). Very easy to use. Cleans well with a warm cloth. Oven works so well and cooks everything equally. Highly recommended! Heaps of family and friends have purchased this oven and have not one word of complaint!

Purchased in February 2018.

Geoff G

Geoff GWentworthville

Great Oven

Love this oven.
Cooks well.
Has double fans.
Cooks evenly for a large bake.
The gas cook top is excellent.
Ezy to clean.
A trouble free oven.
Would buy this again.
Bought at Harvey Norman as a package deal with matching Range Hood.

Purchased in December 2015 at Harvey Norman for A$6,300.00.

Chadd Martin

Chadd MartinPerth

Crap quality finish that apparently they can’t control

Works well as an oven but still ongoing after 5 months to have repairs done. Oven was damaged in the box when new. Have had the service guy here 4 times to repair it and every time he come with new parts that are also damaged under the packaging. Have rang head office in Sydney and they say they can’t control the quality of products smeg is sending. So if you want a good oven that looks like it’s been through the wars and doesn’t compliment your kitchen in anyway. And have spare time to keep letting the service guy come around, Buy a smeg or avoid if you’re not prepared for all the hassle that comes with it

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Mary

Mary

Can’t get any better than this

Looks so good and works like a charm. I can not fault it at all. Oven works efficiently and is great . Cleaning is very easy and doesn’t take much time. I am very happy with my purchase should of done it sooner. Maybe my cooking will now improve, I have the tool

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Susan

SusanCanberra

We love our SMEG oven!

We bought this model mainly for its good looks, as it works well with our black and white, retro-styled kitchen. We are new to fan-forced cooking, but found it works like a dream — we don't need to switch baking dishes around, and we can bake bread and roast vegetables at the same time without flavours transferring. The gas burners are very clean and efficient, and are graded in size for different styles of cookware.

The only drawback, as with the other SMEG products we bought at the same time, is that the instruction manual could have been a lot clearer.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Lou

LouSydney

Best value for money!

Not only does this oven look the part it also works like a dream! I can not fault it at all. Oven works superbly & fits 4 standard trays for baking. Great for parties & social events. Cooktop is easy to clean & heats up really well. Best value for money!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Jake b0b

Jake b0bBallarat

Great if the power goes out

Most of the house appliances are electric these days and it was sooo hard trying to find a gas burner so pleased when found this as it also matched the dark colours in the new kitchen Reno we done. The heat is great and the nobs are all a very good size and turn very well

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

RafCranbourne East

Great.... Then good... And getting worse.

We bought this oven mid last year to replace the oven that was put in the house originally.
It has been great most of the time.
The oven does seem to be uneven, and it is something that is getting worse.
My wife uses this oven almost daily to bake various things, so it's a real workhorse.
However, it always seemed a little uneven. But lately we've noticed it more and more at one side is much hotter than the other.
If we put a tray that is covered the full width with cookies, one side is starting to burn while the other is raw.
We've been rotating the tray to achieve an even bake, but probably have to have it looked at if the trend continues.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Thanks. Will do.
Is it best to reach out to Harvey Norman (where we bought it) or to Steve direct?
Appreciate the response.

Hi Raf,
Please contact Steve direct.
Smeg

Customer service please contact me!!

I purchased a TRA90P9 Victoria Cooker from Harvey Norman, when it arrived I found the front handed was loose and had chipped baked enamel during transport and the rear flue was badly bent. Harvey Norman & SMEG were excellent had replaced the cooker within 2 days.

However, the new cooker arrived without a rotisserie and the rear flue arrangement is designed differently ‘with the flue vent holes blocked’ by a fabricated sheet of gal metal, this does not make sense and the installation instructions do not explain.

Please explain

Date PurchasedApr 2018

David,

Could you please forward you address and if possible a photo of the metal plate to service@smeg.com.au and will arrange to post out a rotisserie kit and look into the additional plate.

David
David

My address is 4 Murrua Rd North Turramurra 2074.

Steve C.Smeg

Thank you David can you please email us your phone number so that we can contact you to organise? Service@smeg.com.au - we await your email so we can get this fixed for you asap. Thank you.

Maree C

Maree Casked

Hi there, I have been reading the reviews on the Smeg Victoria Collection double oven. We purchased one last year (panna) and are awaiting our new kitchen before it is fitted. The reviews are worrying me. Have the problems that are being reported been fixed in the newer ones? Is this a common problem? I don't want to install mine and then 2-3 years down the track have it going rusty and chipping.

Bill42

My Smeg TRA90 was installed about 6-8 weeks ago. Everyone who has seen it always compliments its looks etc. I have had no problems with it and it works well. As for chipping and rusting - I am not sure that will happen and if it did in the short term I would be contacting Smeg. Look forward to how really beautiful this oven is going to look when installed and how well it is going to work.

Linda

We remodelled our kitchen about 3 years ago and kept our old (cupboards and appliances) and installed them in our garage as they were still in excellent condition, which l now use more than my new TRA90 We wanted a black stove and fridge and settled for the Smeg as it had the look we wanted and couldn’t get St.George as it was no longer being made.
What a mistake!! There were Pre existing dots on the backsplash and l tried to remove with an enjo cloth. The enamel must be so thin or soft that it has left scratches, as it has also on the panel where the knobs are. The other problem is the oven doesn’t cook evenly.
Looks 10/10, valve for money 3/10.
I have had a service rep come out and look at it and l am waiting for a response. I would not purchase an enamel stove again, but I did because l have had St.Geoge which was white enamel and it was still in excellent condition after 20 somethings years when we sold the house. Good luck.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Linda, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also supply me with details of the service call. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Brent Gasked

TRA90:
How do i remove the glass from the door of the oven for cleaning my instructions only cover the removal of the door. There are 4 screws on the inside panel of the door i presume this is where i start?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Brent G -Thank you for your enquiry. You can remove the door glass for cleaning. It is on page 32 of your instruction manual. If you require a copy, please email us direct and we can send it to you, or you can contact our Technical Department and we will guide you over the phone. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and our contact telephone number is 02 8667 4888. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Hi Lesley
If you could please send me a copy of the manual that would be great.
I have this manual that came with the appliance.

Thankyou

Bill42

Hi - your question got me thinking as I had not removed the glass since purchase. This morning I used the vapour clean system and found this very successful. Your question prompted me to go about this task myself.
There are 2 clips at the top of the inside glass. If you insert your fingers under the edge at the bottom of the glass (the edge nearest the floor) and apply what seems like a scary amount of force, the glass will come away from whatever is holding it in place. You can then slide the glass away from the clips at the top. Like many of the Smeg instructions (and many other appliances) the instructions are not clear or maybe today's generation thinks differently to me. Cheers Bill

Travisasked

We have this model and last night the clock stopped displaying and now the oven function isn't working. I reset the switch but noticed the clicker for the gas top still works so i don't think it is the switch. The clock is simply blank and the oven isn't working. Any ideas??

Hi Travis,
Thank you for your enquiry. Could you please email service@smeg.com.au with your details and they will organise a service technician to come and inspect the appliance for you.

Travis

Thank you, Have sent that email.

Matt S.
Matt S.

Hi we have the same problem with ours. What was the solution?

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives