Smeg TRA90

Smeg TRA90

MPN: 36568582

Jonathan D

Jonathan DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smeg are disingenuous regarding cashback offer

Purchased in March 2019 for $3,400.00.

Alison C.

Alison C.Perth, WA

Fantastic oven

I purchased a smeg Victoria tra 90 black stove I love it not only does it loook impressive it cooks really well I would recommend this oven to anyone one happy customer

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for $4,590.00.

Elizabeta Z.

Elizabeta Z.Perth, WA

After paying over $4500 for this oven - Not worth it!

Problem with this oven when just coming out of box and plugging in.
Technician said - clock issue. That was fixed.
After doing burn off as required. I Started cooking normally and realised after taking meal I cooked out, metal particles on the base of oven and some kind substance coming out of fan and back panel.
Technician came out - he said burn out not done properly or it’s the grease from my cooking.
Manager rings me and said it was my cooking
So will not replace.
After cooking I found the cooking is not even. It cooks more on one side than the other. So you have to turn around.
I am so angry and will never buy a Smeg product again. I have been more happier with cheaper ovens.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $4,600.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Sharin I.

Sharin I.Launceston, TAS

Has taken our kitchen to the next level

Fantastic oven, cooks evenly and looks amazing, we could not be happier with our choice. Easy to clean and excellent functions, the gas cooktop is well set out and the soft close door is a bonus

Purchased in July 2019.

Chris NSmeg

Sharin, fantastic to hear good news from our customers. Enjoy your SMEG cooking experiences every day!!

Natalie

NatalieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly Recommended!

Not only is this oven good to look at in the kitchen, but works amazingly. Great size oven that fits large trays (which are included). Very easy to use. Cleans well with a warm cloth. Oven works so well and cooks everything equally. Highly recommended! Heaps of family and friends have purchased this oven and have not one word of complaint!

Purchased in February 2018.

Geoff GWentworthville

Great Oven

Love this oven.
Cooks well.
Has double fans.
Cooks evenly for a large bake.
The gas cook top is excellent.
Ezy to clean.
A trouble free oven.
Would buy this again.
Bought at Harvey Norman as a package deal with matching Range Hood.

Purchased in December 2015 at Harvey Norman for $6,300.00.

Chadd Martin

Chadd MartinPerth

Crap quality finish that apparently they can’t control

Works well as an oven but still ongoing after 5 months to have repairs done. Oven was damaged in the box when new. Have had the service guy here 4 times to repair it and every time he come with new parts that are also damaged under the packaging. Have rang head office in Sydney and they say they can’t control the quality of products smeg is sending. So if you want a good oven that looks like it’s been through the wars and doesn’t compliment your kitchen in anyway. And have spare time to keep letting the service guy come around, Buy a smeg or avoid if you’re not prepared for all the hassle that comes with it

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Mary

Mary

Can’t get any better than this

Looks so good and works like a charm. I can not fault it at all. Oven works efficiently and is great . Cleaning is very easy and doesn’t take much time. I am very happy with my purchase should of done it sooner. Maybe my cooking will now improve, I have the tool

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Susan

SusanCanberra

We love our SMEG oven!

We bought this model mainly for its good looks, as it works well with our black and white, retro-styled kitchen. We are new to fan-forced cooking, but found it works like a dream — we don't need to switch baking dishes around, and we can bake bread and roast vegetables at the same time without flavours transferring. The gas burners are very clean and efficient, and are graded in size for different styles of cookware.

The only drawback, as with the other SMEG products we bought at the same time, is that the instruction manual could have been a lot clearer.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Lou

LouSydney

Best value for money!

Not only does this oven look the part it also works like a dream! I can not fault it at all. Oven works superbly & fits 4 standard trays for baking. Great for parties & social events. Cooktop is easy to clean & heats up really well. Best value for money!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jake b0b

Jake b0bBallarat

Great if the power goes out

Most of the house appliances are electric these days and it was sooo hard trying to find a gas burner so pleased when found this as it also matched the dark colours in the new kitchen Reno we done. The heat is great and the nobs are all a very good size and turn very well

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

RafCranbourne East

Great.... Then good... And getting worse.

We bought this oven mid last year to replace the oven that was put in the house originally.
It has been great most of the time.
The oven does seem to be uneven, and it is something that is getting worse.
My wife uses this oven almost daily to bake various things, so it's a real workhorse.
However, it always seemed a little uneven. But lately we've noticed it more and more at one side is much hotter than the other.
If we put a tray that is covered the full width with cookies, one side is starting to burn while the other is raw.
We've been rotating the tray to achieve an even bake, but probably have to have it looked at if the trend continues.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Thanks. Will do.
Is it best to reach out to Harvey Norman (where we bought it) or to Steve direct?
Appreciate the response.

Hi Raf,
Please contact Steve direct.
Regards
Smeg

Customer service please contact me!!

I purchased a TRA90P9 Victoria Cooker from Harvey Norman, when it arrived I found the front handed was loose and had chipped baked enamel during transport and the rear flue was badly bent. Harvey Norman & SMEG were excellent had replaced the cooker within 2 days.

However, the new cooker arrived without a rotisserie and the rear flue arrangement is designed differently ‘with the flue vent holes blocked’ by a fabricated sheet of gal metal, this does not make sense and the installation instructions do not explain.

Please explain

Date PurchasedApr 2018

David,

Could you please forward you address and if possible a photo of the metal plate to service@smeg.com.au and will arrange to post out a rotisserie kit and look into the additional plate.

David
David

My address is 4 Murrua Rd North Turramurra 2074.

Steve C.Smeg

Thank you David can you please email us your phone number so that we can contact you to organise? Service@smeg.com.au - we await your email so we can get this fixed for you asap. Thank you.

WOW

Thank you Smeg for reviving my faith in an Oven. Stupidly purchased what I thought was going to be my dream oven. Made In UK, thought it would be the Rolls Royce , ended up being a Leyland P76.
Smeg is overwhelming superior. Superior build and finish inside and out. Looks sensational Best lamb roast in years.
Highly recommend this oven.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Nancy

NancyBaulkham hills

Incredible!

i am very happy with the way the food is cooked. It is easy to clean.it adds to the beauty of my kitchen. It cooks evenly. It was installed in our new house by the builder. I am Very happy with making the right choice. I will highly recommend it. 10/10.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
LIZ

LIZSydney

GOOD

Always a big fan of SMEG brand, and I started to use this product since January, 2017. It was a very easy use and high quality product. I am not good at cooking, but with the help of smeg cooker, things are not that hard. It is easy to control

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Fadak M

Fadak MAdelaide

Kitchen changer for sure

Very quick heating time
Enjoy the light turning on as soon as you open the oven
Enjoy the 90cm size which is a life changer really

Very easy to clean as it is not steel

The only downside is I actually don’t want to cook for fear of dirtying it!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

leiah

leiahAU

Looks amazing and works wonderfully

A statement oven was on my wish list for our new home and this oven has not disappointed!! We bought it in black and it is incredible. Easy to clean both stove top and oven, cooks evenly and the gas can be low enough to simmer without needing a diffuser. I love my smeg and it hasn't skipped a beat in over a year with a family of 5 and cooking with it everyday it is fantastic. Definitely worth the money we paid!

Date PurchasedJun 2016

notrulyAustralia

Workhorse in disguise

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Lee

Lee

Works well when installed

Purchased this cooker approximately 6 months ago purely for looks and the wide oven. It works quite well and I love the wok feature which i use to boil water. As there are two burners (one within the other) it boils a pot of water really quickly. Its handy to have. My issues is that the bar going across the front is pretty useless and the drawer at the bottom doesn't even fit the oven trays that come with it. The oven cooks a little unevenly but other than that its worked well, just got to remember to turn your tray around.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Sabrina D

Sabrina Dasked

with regard to vapour clean - the instruction book gives a picture of a symbol to select on the FUNCTION dial - this symbol does not appear on my oven? the vapour clean symbol on the TEMP dial is correct. Which symbol SHOULD I select from the FUNCTION dial.
Apart from this issue - amazing oven - still waiting on some feedback about the dishwasher issue though

Hi Sabrina D,
The function to select is the one with the base element.
Hope this helps
Regards

Rick L.asked

We bought this Victoria Smeg oven and had it installed only a month or so ago. I have a question about the gas cooktop grills, which are black of course. Already some of the black appears to be coming off and exposing the silver beneath. This is mainly so on the right hand burners which we have used more often. We have cleaned gently and certainly no used anything harsh.
I hope this is not a progressive condition.
Any advice please?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Rick l - thank you for your review. In order for us to assist you further, can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Could you also send us pictures of the burners so we can understand what you have mentioned. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Rick L.

No problem but a question first please Lesley.
Are the black burner surrounds (are they called griddles?) (the 3 removable pieces) black all the way through or is this just a coating?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Rick - the trivets on this model are cast iron. Thank you Lesley.

Chris

Chrisasked

We have just found chips on the bottom of our oven.
It looks like the enamel is coming off
Is there anything we can do to fix this problem ?

Contact Smeg directly.
They helped me out with a problem previously.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Chris, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also scan me a photograph of the chips. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives