Snap Fitness Australia

Snap Fitness Australia

ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA and 2 more

Take money from your bank whenever they feel like it

Snap Fitness Ormeau. They take their monthly fee every two weeks. That’s fine. Lately they have been helping themselves though. They are taking an additional $22.90 each fortnight from bank without authority. Been trying to get them to put a stop to it for over a week. Block walls. Can only talk to staff at the gym. They refuse to give a phone number of the owner or a business address or in fact any contact details. All they say is that they have informed management. They told me it is happening to a lot of people. But nothing is being done. I have had absolutely no contact from management despite phoning the gym and asking every single day. I now have to contact Office of Fair Trading to get my money back.

Claremont _ terrible experience

Having been a member of a gym almost constantly for the last 30+ years, this gym rates amongst the worst for customer experience e.g equipment out of order, filthy and the worst music at excessive sound levels ever experienced. It could well be the gym manager was tone deaf and physically deaf. However, if you did not have hearing problems before attending this gym, you would likely have problems afterwards.

Lismore snap fitness unsafe

Not a safe gym manger has no idea what she doing
I’m a female on disability that was being harassed By 2 guys that go to snap and manger done nothing at all no girl would want to be at a gym they feel unsafe at
And the manger is femal to so there is definitely a lack of care at snap fitness Lismore

Disappointed and totally let down!!

Very disappointed. I was sent a text to renew last week. So I decided to go back. Text [name removed] that I was more than happy to join if she would wave the $59.95 charge to reactivate the access card. I did tell her that I had lost it at the time. She agreed after confirming my details to reactivate free of charge. When I got to the gym she changed her mind and said I needed to pay unless I could find it. Not wanting any issues I said I would go back and look for it but remember the offer for a free access card was offered. I got home and couldn’t find it, called to advise but no reply. Called the following day - no reply reply and left a message. The voicemail said they were going to a conference but were checking messages and would get back if urgent. Rang the next day left another message. No reply. I really wanted to start training over the long weekend. Then I got a reply from [name removed] to say she could ask [name removed] to try and find a a second hand card for $30 but I wouldn’t get it until Tuesday as [name removed] would only be there from 9am to 12pm. At this point I was pretty annoyed so she suggested (and I have the messages) that I wait at the door and get a current member to let me in. Isn’t that against protocol and the member can be fined? I would not put anyone in that position. I have been trying to contact the gym since 9am this morning via text and phone calls with no reply to either and no message bank today? So nearly a week down, no access card and no response to my issue. I’m not asking for much.... I just want to get into to gym I signed up to - to train!! At this point I have no idea how I’m supposed to use my membership!! Not impressed at all.

They didn't even bother to activate my access card.

Went and signed up at Snap Nerang 3 days back, followed by an attempted visit to a Brisbane location the following day - only to discover that my access card had not even been activated. Stood outside trying to swipe the card like an idiot for 10 minutes, then attempted to solve online by calling, but Snap has no national customer service (at all) over the weekend. Have just been back to the Nerang location and it turns out my sign up form was not even processed, and had been sitting in a draw for the past 3 days. It was even the franchise owner that took my details in the first place. Very disappointing to have my time wasted like that, and not surprised to see the extreme abundance of 1 star reviews across the internet for Snap as a whole.

Snap Beaudesert absolute Crap

I'm Canceling my Snap Beaudesert membership for and not limited to the following reasons.
I've had trouble getting into the gym with my card from day 1, and other Snap gyms which has never been fixed. The Calf raise machine was broken for 10 weeks then taken away, it is not being replaced says the manager. In general a lot of the equipment is damaged and or broken, and the manager doesn't care. There is filth everywhere in the gym, blood was on the toilet seat for 5 days, let alone the dirty sock which was on the floor for 4 days before another member removed it to the bin. In general the gym is always filthy. I am tired of seeing other members not use towels on the machines while I have to wipe up their sweat on my towel before I use them. I am tired of having to put away or move other members weights from the bars because they are too lazy to re-rack them after use. There may as well be no aircon in the gym, as it is never cool enough particularly when the gym is busy. I have raised these issues and others with the female manager but no action has been taken by her from what I have seen. I would never recommend this Gym to anyone, and I am leaving to join the other local gym which doesn't have these issues.

Unsupervised gym

I paid for 3 months register with snap fitness Endeavour Hills.
see attachment photo, not clean at all (See photo). Rubbish left there for 3 days.
No soap in one of the toilets.

My entrance card didn't work, and they supposed to let me know when it going to be fixed in their system, but never happened.

wouldn't waste your time

manager at Snapfitness waterloo is rude and unprofessional. I was not notified of fee increases at all and charged more than the fee increase anyways, manager refused to speak with me, claimed incorrect details yet have had emails from them previously. Yet to get my money back, or confirmation the membership was cancelled. Facilities are average, space is tiny. Claimed increase was for "facility upgrades" like the functional training rack that was installed and which is never available during peak time due to running group pt sessions in the entire section. Poorly managed.

Have had previous dealings with SnapFitness Wollongong. [name removed] the manager was excellent. Hence why i kept membership with the franchise. Lesson learnt.

Cant get into gym

Just traveled interstate after a long drive , My card does not work at front door , I Will be joining ANYTIME FITNESS now , YOU have let me down now on many occasions .
Screw this !!

snap North Mackay a total rip off

I was on month to month with Snap fitness Mackay. I decided to cancel and rang them to do so. The person who answered said I needed to put it in writing so I asked for the email to do so. I emailed and requested my membership be cancelled. They emailed me a form to fill out. I believe I did fill out this form and return it but 6 months later they are still charging me. So I emailed again stating the cancelation should have occurred. As I cant prove I emailed them the form they have cancelled my membership but will not pay me back the 6 months worth of payments they have taken.
I have never attended the gym since cancelling and have not had any correspondence from this gym since cancelling so I was under the impression that it had occurred. I feel totally ripped off by them as they did get my request in writing and this should be enough even if the form I emailed back failed somehow.
I just wish I had of read all the reviews from other people who have been ripped off by snap fitness before I joined. I will ensure every person I know gets told exactly what this company is like so to ensure they don't make the same mistake.

Joining gym

Not impressed with snap at North Mackay, went to join today (Saturday) checked their website it said close at 12pm, got there at 11am and the worker was walking out and said sorry we are closed due to shift change. The hours sign on the door said 1pm. Not really impressed at all as I was keen to join and to get started on my journey. I personally believe the hours should not change due to shift change that just sound silly. You have set hours for a reason so stick to them. Maybe post on Facebook that you are closing early so you don't get people's hopes up!

Absolute Failure

The gym provided me a key card that does not allow access. I allowed four weeks before I cancelled, yet they keep charging for a service I could never use. Maybe the equipment is good. I couldn't say.

snap crap flagstone

have injury so manager said no worries we wont start you till doctor says your all good to go. so signed up for the 10 dollar fee only to have $240 taken out of my account for no reason and trying to get it back is nonsense went in and was told it was for swipe card and i paid for someone else's membership WTH they haven't even given me a swipe card still waiting for refund .you know this place is dodgy when there is no contact numbers.next stop cop shop to make a complaint then a call to ACA.

Franchise owner no clue

Span Fitness Petersham has a franchise looking for answers on a bigger problem . Lack of true industry knowledge and experience from ownership with poor gym layout. Terrible cheap matrix equipment will easily leave customers looking elsewhere. There are simply better options in every category.

Absolutely terrible customer service

At the Modbury Store in South Australia the manager on Feb 15th 2019 was so rude and arrogant to me across the phone and to my dad who went into the store and was verbally insulated and told to get lost. My dad wanted to do something that he could handle with and the manager was like you must do more (so i can get more money) but my dad was only capable to do what he told him.
A very rude person across the phone to myself and not happy with the service provided.
I went 3 years ago and the management was awesome back then. Why is it so bad now.

Please fix this so we can go to our local gym which we want to support.

This gym brand is unbelievable bad.

First, they sell their entrance card at $45. Secondly, if you want quit the membership payment, they will still charge you two-three more fortnights quitting fees. And they don't charge monthly, they charge by fortnight. It means you pay 75$ per month for the crap equipments and crowed space. I would never use this gym anymore. Ever!

Being charged membership while on suspension due to major shoulder surgery

I am a member at the Wantirna branch and I sent a text message on the 17th December 2018 at 07.39am advising that I required my membership to be suspended as I was due to have major shoulder surgery. They replied to my message asking me to email this request through. I sent an email through asking for my membership to be suspended until further notice as I didn't know how long I would require off. I also asked for this to be confirmed that this had been done. They replied to my email on the 18th December 2018 at 12.48pm advising that they required exact dates but would freeze my membership for 2 months until the 17th February 2019. The prior 2 months since injuring my shoulder I didn't attend that much due to the pain and I was limited to what I could do.
The issue is I am still being debited my fortnightly payments 18.12.2018 $27.15, 02.1.2019 $27.15 and 14.01.2019 $27.15. I thought that if your membership was on suspension your debits would be stopped as well.

scam

over priced for what facilities they have. They charged me 4 times after cancelling membership. After explaining how disappointed they were they then said well you can sell you gym access cards to your friends and recommend us to them. what a joke would rather keep card then recommend it to anyone.

Not properly advising notice period for canceling membership

Due to moving to another state and with one week notice, I asked for canceling my membership, but instead of helping me I was advised that they will still charge me for another two fortnightly payments because of their notice policy. I never received an electronic or paper copy of there policies and could not find them on their website. All I have been told was "whenever you could not use the club just let us know a week in advance and we will stop the payments". I feel disrespected and abused for paying for a service I cannot use and for a policy I was not aware.

Wouldn’t recommend you

Poor customer service more focused on fee debited and add charges to account. Wouldn’t recommend others to support this franchise