Sony MDR-E9LP

Sony MDR-E9LP

MPN: MDRE9LPWI

Good simple and durable headphones

These are basic and inexpensive headphones. The sound quality is basic too, but it is ok for listening to podcasts or watching videos. They are probably not good enough for listening to music on a regular basis. The main selling point for me is their durability. I am pretty rough with headphones, but these Sony headphones last for months before breaking. Every other inexpensive headphone I have used breaks quickly. I now only buy these ones because I know I can shove them in my bag and rely on them to last a decent amount of time.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $10.00.

Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort

Great value

It is a really cheap headphone, the sound is good and it is also easy to carry around. No need to be so careful to take care it as it is at around 10 bucks only.

Purchased in November 2018.

Terribly Cheap

They work fine, but sound super tinny. No sign of bass just highs with minimal mids.

I purchased these thinking that they’d be better than the cheap Chinese $2.50 earbuds, but they sound very much the same.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $10.00.

Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort

Best Headphones Ever - Great Sound Quality

These headphones are the best ever!! They look great, are shaped weird just for your ears and they work like a charm. They even have the best quality sound I have ever heard and they are doing cheap for their quality. I highly recommend these great headphones; I even think they are better than the Apple ones.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

The cheapest earphones ever

I bought it at a really low price as there’s a discount and i got a gift voucher, so it’s actually free! I love how there’s that much colour you can choose from, I picked the white one! The sound quality is okay and it’s acceptable due to the really cheap price
Do not expect too much!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Sony ! Please maintain your reputation !

I bought this unit for my daughter earlier today and after reading both side of its reviews, I decided to try it out first before giving it to her. Luckily I tried, the sound was total flat!!!!!!! I can't believe this is Sony product. To the Sony management - have your R&D team made a thorough testing on its design and bass output quality??? It was so bad that I will be returning it tomorrow to the retailer and request for refund. For those keep on arguing i may have bought an imitation, you are wrong - this is an original product.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Not a good fit

I found these did not fit in my ears properly and the sound quality was very poor indeed. I am disappointed as Sony is such a good quality product and well known household brand. I am still searching for the enigma that is perfect head phones. I am sorry these were not it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Average option

Thought these would be good option based on brand name. Not as sturdy as I would have thought. Found ear pieces too big for my ears. Good sound and even across both ear pieces. Cord is good length. I wanted them for working out but they were falling out lots. Average option for earbud type of headphones.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Nothing special but decent

These earphones are decent. For under $10 they work really well and the sound is pretty decent. They don't have a mic or a play and pause button but that's to be expected at the price point. My pair lasted for about 3 months with rough usage so if you take care of them they should last longer. I'd recommend them if you just need a cheap pair and aren't expecting much.

Perfect for the price

Really good cheap headphones that normally last me a year before breaking. The sound is pretty good guess it could be better but for the cheap price it is great.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Ok for basic headphones

These were purchased when on holidays because I had left my Apple headphones at home and needed some headphones to listen to music while exercising. Having used the headphones a few times, I’d say the sound quality is OK for headphones that cost around $10, however I would still reach for the Apple headphones before these for a few reasons. I find the shape of the Apple ones more comfortable to wear, the Apple one has volume buttons near the ears so that you don’t need to take your phone out to adjust volume but these don’t, and the plug to plug into the headphone socket in the phone is more bulky on this pair. They also don’t come with a case to store them in. But they’re OK for the price as the Apple headphones were retailing for around $45.

Light and Cheap

Very cheap headphones by Sony. Comes with multiple colors to choose from. Very good sound quality for the low price stereo headphones with more than a meter long cable. There is one main problem with them though, due to the general round design, keeps falling off during exercise, which is very annoying, but for using in a still position it's a very good choice.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

great for the price!

I use these earphones when I exercise and they are very affordable and have crystal clear speakers. The only drawback and issue with these earphones are the fact that they lack ergonomics and are somewhat big for my ears thus making them uncomfortable, annoying, and irritating after 20mins+ of wear.Overall I think that for the price, they do the job.

Good sound quality

I bought this from JB Hi-Fi after my cheap junk ones died. The sound quality was noticeably much better. They don't have a speaker to talk into so I have to use my phone speaker but they're more confortable in my ears than the samsung ones that came with the phone. I get sore ears from thos because they're too big. These are marginally smaller but have a more rounded shape which doesn't press against one point bruising it like the others.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Alright and cheap

These earphones are fairly affordable being $7 on jb/hifi. They're good to go and are easy to use with decent quality. However, the sound tends to leak quite a lot and the top is fragile. The head easily detatches, having to put it back on multiple times. For the price though, it's quite good.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Simple and cheap

I've bought these earphones for years now there simple and cheap and come in a few colors which make them look pretty they also come with another pair of cotton buds to put over the earphones the only down side is they get tangled easy which after time ruins them and you end up only being able to hear out of one earphone.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Decent earphones

These earphones are okay for the cheap price that the have. Don't have any special features or extra bass or anything but simply for listening to music or a video on the train to replace broken ones temporarily. The quality of the material is quite cheap and they are very big canals. Also have no noise cancellation and heaps of audio leak

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Go to earphones

Great earphones especially considering its relatively low price
Does not cancel out background noise but is great for work
Replaced my previous one (same model) after using it for 1.5 years almost daily so very reliable
Wires do get tangled, could use a stopper in the middle to help prevent this

Date PurchasedFeb 2017