Sony MDR-EX15AP EX Monitor

Sony MDR-EX15AP EX Monitor

MPN: SNY-MDREX15APLI

Best wired headphones for the gym

I have used so many different brands of headphones and I always come back to these Sony ones. They don’t fall out of your ears like every other ones I’ve used,especially at the gym, the sound quality as pretty good and I have never had any issues with these headphones. Sony is very helpful to when talking to their customer service team. I Would highly recommend these.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Decent for $30

After going through some expensive sets of earphones I decided to go for some affordable ones, which won't hurt the pocket if they go missing or go faulty. Picked these up at Harvey Norman for $29.99 and was pretty impressed by the quality. I only use these for Spotify music, YouTube videos and social media videos/sounds so I wouldn't say I'm a hardcore audiophile but they decent enough!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

great little headphones

I don't like the big bulky over the head head phones but these ones are perfect. Sound quality is great and for the price they are excellent. Fit comfortable and come with little spare ear bits (?) but also easy to purchase if you lose those too. great long cord so i can leave my phone in my backpack while i walk and listen.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great headphones

Good comfortable fit. Don't feel heavy like a lot of headphones. Sound is clear. Light weight. Do not cause any problems with the fit. Can store these quite well in pockets or bags. Cheap price which is a bonus. Do not have issues winding around my mp3 player. No tangle cord issues.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

OK, but overpriced

Sony AU has been selling Japanese cheap earphones for 5 times or more prices in aus. It is very annoying - this earphone is not at all performing as a good value for money product. The build quality and sound is absolutely not worth the money. Consider wireless headphones since they're more popular.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Cheap, sounds good, but didn't last long

They look and sound great for the price. I'd love to rate these earbuds higher - however, they only lasted me 6 months. I'm not particularly rough with my headphones (I used a case when they're not in use), but the left earbud still somehow managed to lose audio.

Pros:
Good sound
Cheap
Look nice

Cons:
Build quality is poor; wires are too thin
Gets tangled easily

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Decent, reliable in-ear Headphones

These are quite decent in-ear headphones. They are reasonably priced, and work well. They sit comfortably in the ear, are yet to break some 4-5 months after initial purchase (a problem I have with a lot of headphones is durability), and, most importantly, they have good sound quality. 4 Stars.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good sound, bad thin cord

This was on sale at their kiosks. When I opened the packaging, the cord was kind of flimsy and felt of a low quality. Given the price paid wasn’t extraordinary I guess it was expected. But one still hopes that coming from Sony they wouldn’t succumb to such low quality build. I’m always wary of the cord because that is the first thing that causes earphones to become undone. However I was pleasantly surprised by the sound and enjoyed the ability for it to drown some outside noise. It functioned well but the cord Dang! Much worse than the original earphones you get with the iPhone. Low and behold 6 months pass and the part between the earbud and cord begins to fray. RIP.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Pretty Good

These have great volume, decent price and lasts quite a while. They last quite a while too, or at least compared to my previous earphones as I've had them for almost a year now, even though i do take very good care of them. They're comfortable and handy for travelling.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

So good - great sound

I purchased these headphones a few months ago, and will aways be getting the same ones.
they are comfortable and the hearing (sound) is excellent.
SO happy with the purchase and they have been very reliable.
I mainly use them to listen to music and have found other brands do not work as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good small earphones

I have big headphones to use when I watch a movie or listen to music at home but I needed something when going out, especially going to work by bicycle and I bought this pair as I have always been happy with Sony's product. The song quality is nothing near my headphones but it's not bad regarding the size difference.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Still the best

Sony has always been a reliable product for me and the same can be said for these earphones. I've been using them for quite a while now, mostly when I jog or go on a hiking trip. They are really durable and the quality of the sound they produce hasn't changed from the day I bought them. Based on my experience and on how I use them (I'm not particularly extra careful with my gadgets), I believe they will last a long time. No need to look for a replacement anytime soon.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good for strange ear sizes

I have a larger ear so some headphones keep dropping out when I put them. What I like about these earphones is the suction pads which clings on to your ear better. They won't drop out when you jog or run. The sound is perfect and they are not too big that you can put them in your wallet or jacket pocket when not in use. Also, the wires are sturdy enough that they don't break easily. Good for people with strange sized ears and good for those who move around.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Broke pretty fast

I had these for around a month before one of the ear buds stopped working. Although they were reasonably cheap ($30), I'd say that's still a terrible life span.

I would say I treat headphones like the average person i.e. not wrapping them in silk, but also not leaving them outside in the rain, and therefore for you're average user looking for something at a low price point but that you'll get some use from, I'd say keep shopping.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Decent earphones for the price

These are a good pair of earphones for the price. After first opening them i thought the bass would come out very strong as advertised on the packaging but sadly this wasn't the case. Compared to my previous pair of earphones, the bass was only mediocre and they also started to hurt my eyes after continuous use for a few hours.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Decent price for a Sony earphone

Bought it as a replacement for my old Apple earphone, It does the job as both playing the music and answer incoming call from my iphone. However, it has poor bass, and the silicon earbuds often fall off the earphone, which is very annoying. Overall, if you just want a standard earphone for your phone and not caring much about sound quality, then this one is for you.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great for price

Awesome little earphones, a little disappointed on bass quality. Build quality is great for price and easy to use. Good sound isolating phones and good for gyming. Overall quality is good for what you pay but I would prefer to pay a little bit more and great better bass with something else

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Sony refusal of a return and exchange

I bought 3 pairs of Sony headset via their online store as Christmas gifts to my rellies but one prefers a headset with a microphone, so I rang Sony and ask that I want to swap the headset without microphone with a model with like this model (MDR-EX15AP) which I bought 2 pairs. I told the Sony contact person that I am willing to pay for the difference in price but I was just ignored, apparently they don't replace due to change of mind. This is another reason why Sony has become so irrelevant in the Australian market when they ignore their customers. No more Sony gears for me, I would also not deal with Sony online store as they are as dodgy as a lot of dubious overseas online stores.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Very Ordinary Cheap

They look ok, but they sound no better than $10 Philips stuff from K-mart

Clear mid and treble, very poor bass

Ok for replacement of standard phone earbuds, does the job I guess

If you want good sound for music I suggest you look elsewhere

Expect better from Sony, disappointed
White. Reasonably robust
Very poor bass response

Perfect

These things are the greatest! I needed to replace the standard headphones for my Samsung phone after they stopped working. They wore out as the socket is on the side of the phone and the headphone plug was straight, therefore I shopped for headphones with an L-shaped plug and came across these.
I have had these for 6 months now. They are comfortable, block out everything, and only cost me $15. I am currently wearing them at work as there is jack hammering going on next to my office. People need to wave in front of me to get my attention as I can't hear anything but the music :)
Cheap, good sound, good noise blocking, comfy enough.