South Pacific Health Club

South Pacific Health Club

See the Best Gyms in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Marie

MarieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best gym in the Bayside area

Friendly staff... Excellent state of the art equipment. Huge group fitness timetable and virtual cycle anytime of the day. 24 hr access.Reformer/Hot Yoga with no extra cost on top of membership

Rates and Fees

Rude and wouldn't even give me a price!

Tried to find out membership costs at Chadstone for myself and my 2 daughters. He would only give me a range and refused to give me an actual cost unless I came down to the club. Can't understand why it is so hard to just give me my options. He actually said that when I was serious about my health then come and see him. Given I rang them I would think that meant I was serious. Definitely looking elsewhere now.

Annoyed Ana

Annoyed AnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bullied by PT in his off time

Annoyed and disgusted that PT Luke trainor continuously flaunts and poses on the equipment, including pulling his pants down for pics in weight section. Complained a yr ago, no change.

Georgia D.

Georgia D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bunch of scammers, who won’t accept cancellations- MENTONE

Alysia B.

Alysia B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Altitude at SPHC St Kilda- 10/10

Eva

EvaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So hard to leave.....

Although I have been a loyal customer & enjoyed the South Pacific gym for many years, I needed to cancel my gym membership as I was travelling overseas for a prolonged period. I requested the cancelation in May. I also closed my bank account. However, despite my cancelation, I am still getting demands for membership fees. It seems to me that the gym is acting as a vengeful ex-spouse who cannot handle being left.... How sad that what had been a good gym experience has turned into a bit of a nightmare & left me with very bad feelings about the gym.

Melissa

MelissaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great gym

The receptionists and staff are very friendly, got set up with a health check when I got started which was super helpful as I have an old injury. One of the better gyms that I have trained at in bayside. Not enough positive reviews on here -seems as though people need to read their terms and conditions. Cancellation process is a pretty standard 30 days notice as all other gyms.

Love everything about this place!!!!

I just love South Pacific health clubs, all the instructors are so welcoming, helpful and hard working!! I particularly love Altitude Training in St Kilda, I can’t wait for the next class! Thank-you to you all for making me feel so welcome and happy there! A big thanks to Amanda who is just fantastic!

Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The only exercise you should be doing is running away from this ' club '

Joined the st Kilda club for a 6 month membership . Did not take long to realise that parking was costing me a fortune and the equipment was being left in a poor condition . End of the 6 months I told them verbally and in writing that I'm done .... long story short.... the only way to stop them continually charging my card was tp cancel my card ... my advice .... find another gym

Great experience:)

Love the brunch in Cbd, great location.Staff awesome, very helpful and polite. Especially Ebony, big thank you for looking for service. Would recommend to anyone who like to join classes:)

Geevee11

Geevee11Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Gym

Listen up folks....Mostly, the negative comments here are regarding Memberships. This is a business, people. READ YOUR CONTRACT!
Now, as a current/previous member at Nunawading, Chadstone, and now Mentone, I am very happy with the quality of the equipment and the professionalism of the staff.
Don't like contracts? Pay for 6 months in advance.
The best of the 3?
Chadstone is hands down the best of them.
Trainer helped motivate me to a 24kg weight loss.

Sierra

SierraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing!

honestly the best gym and staff, would definitely recommend south Pacific Health club to anyone looking to achieve the best results in the best environment! Very fairly priced with the best and newest equipment!

WONT LET ME CANCEL MEMBERSHIP

DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM CHAIN!!!
need to cancel my daughters membership for certain reasons, have been 4 times to cancel and a different excuse is given each time so they can avoid cancellation. They are still charging my account...low life scum.
Will have to to the aggressive approach i guess.

Member retention and cancellation is very problematic

Exceptionally difficult to get out of the membership, make empty promises.

Bishy

BishyMelbourne

Rude and incompetent staff

Reception staff do not know things they are supposed to know and also they are rude. Like parking options. If you ask them, their attitude is like it's your problem not ours. Talking to them feels like you are getting paid to go the gym and not the other way round. I was never told about the weekly parking options and ended paying a lot for the daily parking. Also were not helpful with my queries. Trainers are good though.

michael

michaelMELBOURNE

South Pacific St Kilda

I was a member for over 12 months and then tried to cancel. In addition to the rubbish you must come in to canel they are also that desperate they would not allow the cancellation until i had paid the 26 full payments of $49 even though i had paid 26 plus payments 3-4 were for a suspension at a discount rate. Effectively forcing a 14 month subscription on me as one of the reasons i joined was the suspension option.
Disgusting service i will never go back and will warn others to go any were else.

South Pacific Chadstone

Absolutely horrible!

I've tried to cancel my membership and it's been almost impossible plus they still want heaps of money of me for canceling despite the fact that I've been a member for 3 years. I tried to pause my membership at first but the terms for pausing were absolutely ridiculous (they were still going to charge me). The staff are rude and more interested in their own reflection in the mirror than the customers. They gym is so sorry with thick layers of dust around the gym. Wi-Fi doesn't work and the TV'S by the cardio machines are rarely working either and the AC is not functioning at all! Stay away, save yourself the money and the hassle! I'm actually appealed at how a business can be run this poorly.

Gym enthusiast

Gym enthusiast

Appalling with some horrible trainers

They are very pushy with their sales techniques. Then the showers don't have any hooks on the inside so makes getting changed very difficult. Never enough spots for hair dryers especially in the morning. But the worst by far is the demeaning and belittling way some of the trainers treat new members of the class. Some of the trainers are lovely, there was a yoga teacher who took the core class who was particularly good. But I would definitely avoid the aggressive egos of some of the trainers. They're not curing cancer- perhaps get some lessons on how to talk to people without acting like you're going to deck them. Of course, as others have said, complaints to management go unheeded.