South Pacific Health Club

South Pacific Health Club

See the Best Gyms in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Rates and Fees

Josh77

Josh77Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible - stay away

Absolutely shocking management working there that let it down for everyone else, Learn some manners and how to treat people with respect. Just a bit of food for thought hey.

8 week challenge

last Wednesday of 8 week challenge. Great class again Amanda. Your commitment and interest really shows. thank you. All the classes have been motivating and fun.Tks to Marcos and Pete as well .look forward to the next challenge

Wendy

WendyVictoria

RPM classes awesome !

Have recently just start doing the RPM classes with Rob at Port Melbourne.
His classes are awesome !! he is so inspirational !! just loving the new bikes also !
thanks for the great classes Rob!! hoping SPHC put more rpm classes on the time table!!

Kylie and Spin Classes

Kylie takes the best spin / cycle classes at South Pacific St Kilda. A great balance between hard work, good technique and loads of fun. Thanks for all the great music as we sweat away!

Debster

DebsterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Body pump is so much fun.

Once again I have just been to another great class in st.kilda. Wednesday night Pump Class is truly great. I would like to give a BIG thanks to Tim for making my Body Pump class truly memorable. Tim brings so much fabulous energy into the room and shares some really useful tips so that everyone gets so much more out of their workout. I really love the music choices too. Well done Tim! And THANKYOU!

November 16th 2019 Update: Fantastic Body Pump class with Marisa

I really love Tuesday night classes with Marisa! Shes awesome. The energy is high and theres so much fun and positivity its like electricity!!! I am seeing results and its all thanks to her!

Paula O.

Paula O.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

THE BEST GYM EVER!!!

I mostly attend the fitness classes at this gym and they are top notch !!! They cater for everyone- whether you are a fitness fanatic or if you just want a social fitness class ; this gym is for you :) I originally did a 5 day free trial with absolutely no intention of joining and low and behold I got hooked! I would highly recommend trying this gym out , you will not be disappointed!! :)

Marie

MarieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best gym in the Bayside area

Friendly staff... Excellent state of the art equipment. Huge group fitness timetable and virtual cycle anytime of the day. 24 hr access.Reformer/Hot Yoga with no extra cost on top of membership

Rates and Fees

Rude and wouldn't even give me a price!

Tried to find out membership costs at Chadstone for myself and my 2 daughters. He would only give me a range and refused to give me an actual cost unless I came down to the club. Can't understand why it is so hard to just give me my options. He actually said that when I was serious about my health then come and see him. Given I rang them I would think that meant I was serious. Definitely looking elsewhere now.

Annoyed Ana

Annoyed AnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bullied by PT in his off time

Annoyed and disgusted that PT Luke trainor continuously flaunts and poses on the equipment, including pulling his pants down for pics in weight section. Complained a yr ago, no change.

Georgia D.

Georgia D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bunch of scammers, who won’t accept cancellations- MENTONE

Alysia B.

Alysia B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Altitude at SPHC St Kilda- 10/10

Eva

EvaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So hard to leave.....

Although I have been a loyal customer & enjoyed the South Pacific gym for many years, I needed to cancel my gym membership as I was travelling overseas for a prolonged period. I requested the cancelation in May. I also closed my bank account. However, despite my cancelation, I am still getting demands for membership fees. It seems to me that the gym is acting as a vengeful ex-spouse who cannot handle being left.... How sad that what had been a good gym experience has turned into a bit of a nightmare & left me with very bad feelings about the gym.

Melissa

MelissaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great gym

The receptionists and staff are very friendly, got set up with a health check when I got started which was super helpful as I have an old injury. One of the better gyms that I have trained at in bayside. Not enough positive reviews on here -seems as though people need to read their terms and conditions. Cancellation process is a pretty standard 30 days notice as all other gyms.

Love everything about this place!!!!

I just love South Pacific health clubs, all the instructors are so welcoming, helpful and hard working!! I particularly love Altitude Training in St Kilda, I can’t wait for the next class! Thank-you to you all for making me feel so welcome and happy there! A big thanks to Amanda who is just fantastic!

Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The only exercise you should be doing is running away from this ' club '

Joined the st Kilda club for a 6 month membership . Did not take long to realise that parking was costing me a fortune and the equipment was being left in a poor condition . End of the 6 months I told them verbally and in writing that I'm done .... long story short.... the only way to stop them continually charging my card was tp cancel my card ... my advice .... find another gym

Great experience:)

Love the brunch in Cbd, great location.Staff awesome, very helpful and polite. Especially Ebony, big thank you for looking for service. Would recommend to anyone who like to join classes:)

Geevee11

Geevee11Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Gym

Listen up folks....Mostly, the negative comments here are regarding Memberships. This is a business, people. READ YOUR CONTRACT!
Now, as a current/previous member at Nunawading, Chadstone, and now Mentone, I am very happy with the quality of the equipment and the professionalism of the staff.
Don't like contracts? Pay for 6 months in advance.
The best of the 3?
Chadstone is hands down the best of them.
Trainer helped motivate me to a 24kg weight loss.

Sierra

SierraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing!

honestly the best gym and staff, would definitely recommend south Pacific Health club to anyone looking to achieve the best results in the best environment! Very fairly priced with the best and newest equipment!

WONT LET ME CANCEL MEMBERSHIP

DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM CHAIN!!!
need to cancel my daughters membership for certain reasons, have been 4 times to cancel and a different excuse is given each time so they can avoid cancellation. They are still charging my account...low life scum.
Will have to to the aggressive approach i guess.

Member retention and cancellation is very problematic

suzcrawf

suzcrawfasked

Can anyone please advise what a membership costs here? Why can’t their website be transparent?

Shan
Shan

I had been trying to get a clear answer about prices for days, I just had to bite the bullet and make an appointment to get the pricing.

You can do a free 7 day trial at the gym before signing up.
Sign up Fee is $149 (This can get wavered if you pay a full 12mths in advance)
$14.95 / per week is for gym only.
$36 - 37 / per week for 3 months, Gym and all classes included, access to use any SPHC gym.
$33 -34 / per week for 12 months, Gym and all classes included, access to use any SPHC gym.
$30.60 / per week if you pay 12 months upfront, Gym and all classes included, access to use any SPHC gym.

No cancelation fee if you see your full contract out. If you cancel beforehand theres a $99 (From memory...) fee and you get charged $5 a week for the remaining weeks left within your contracted membership.

With the sign up you get 2 PT sessions where they write you a program according to your Body Scan and what you'd like to achieve. At the moment they have 5 PT sessions instead of 2 because its the new year.

Hope this helps! :)

Eva

Evaasked

Why is it so difficult to cancel gym membership? It leaves me with a very bad feeling about the gym despite previously having really enjoyed it.....

Bobbi P

Bobbi Pasked

I already have an MSAC aquatic membership and want to supplement this with a gym membership at Port Melbourne as it is walking distance. They do not seem to advertise any pricing which I find suspicious. Can anyone share some info before I go in?

Get an answer from our members and South Pacific Health Club representatives