Spectablend BL-001

Spectablend BL-001

See the Best Blenders in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Spectablend

Blenders Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.7
  • Product is used
  • Safety

First replaced leaking jug Now my motor stopped working and I tried to contact Spectablend email was bounced back?

My blender jug started leaking.. I replaced it.. now the motor stopped working. No smell or signs of burning motor. So I assumed reset button was all it needed.. reset button is under bubble and very recessed. I am not sure if I am connecting but it is still not working. I emailed company and my email bounced back. I need their service centre. How do I get that if I cannot contact company..

Purchased in April 2017.

Anurag
AnuragGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst Product

The jar keep leaking. Can't make even the basic milkshake without hassle.

I will never recommend this product to anyone.
Stay away fraud brand and no support.

Anurag Soin
Unhappy customer

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Other Blenders

Great at first...Downhill from there

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Find out how Spectablend BL-001 compares to other Blenders

Terrible product. Exceptionally bad customer service.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Rubbish

Piece of rubbish, 3 jugs in 12 months bearings leaking, only used 5 times a week and these are supposed to be used in cafes!! Yeah right, absolute crock! Crooks, I also look after it well as I'm a tradesman and know how to look after my tools like my kitchen appliances.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
JosiePerth, WA

Do Yourself A Favour And Do Not Buy This Blender.

Absolute worst purchase I have ever made. First jug started leaking from bearing after just 4 months use, so a new one was sent out free of charge. 3 months later, the new jug started leaking as well. Replacement offered but only if the faulty jug was sent back at my own expense. I refused. Now, the blender does not work at all. I will have to pay $99 plus postage to send the entire unit back. Looking at well over $150. I am confused at their inconsistency in jug replacement and I'm sure they just make up their warranty process as they go, making it to suit them.
What a complete waste of money.

Not happy

Got this blender just over a year ago and straight away was not entirely happy. I really wanted to make nut butters but even after a good 10 minutes blending I never got anything paste like. It all just gets caught under the blades and doesn't move.
Is good for smoothies as it totally liquifies.
Last couple of days we noticed a smokey taste to our smoothies and last night my husband ended up with little bits of hard black plastic in his. Solucky we usually give some to my 3 year old but didn't this time. He sieved the smoothie and there was a handful of these little bits of plastic. I can only assume they came from under the blades inside the jug?

Very disappointing.

Great value for money

For the regular consumer the competition in the same class as the Spectablend is massively overpriced. In no way is the product any superior to this. Blends well and is very powerful. Will satisfy every consumer without any issue.
I didn't give it 5 stars because i think every product can improve and should have room to, it certainly goes close though.
Happy Blending

Other Blenders

My best purchase decision ever!

I use it to do my smoothies everyday. It has become part of my routine for over a year now :)
I had tried to make peanut butter and yummy chili sauce for my chicken rice too. I am still having fun trying to create something new using Spectablend. If you are looking for a good quality and reasonably priced blender, i will highly recommend this blender to you.

Sam Ng
Sam Ng

Excellent Product!

Love this blender so much! For a person who doesn't eat fruit much, blend it and drink it makes it all so easy!
I own a red one and working excellent for almost 2 years now. No fuss at all!
Big compliment that the customer service is excellent, love their Instagram which shares all good recipes!
Blending for 2 years and is still going well!
Love it!

Olivia
OliviaSydney

Leaking jug from the bearing

Spectablend

This product does not live up to exception, 3 replacement jugs in just over 12 months. First time broken blade after bout 6 months, got replacement 3 weeks later burst bearing then after bout 3-4 months burst bearing again, want a complete refund but director would only replace jug at my cost. Of $49 plus postage

DorisMelbourne

Extremely poor quality jugs, 3 cracked and leaking within 12 months

*Regards

Great product, AMAZING service!!

I have had my Spectablend for about a year...using almost daily (more than once usually), and love it. Recently I had a problem with the blade and the service could not have been better....replaced readily and so helpful.
AMAZING service and great product.
THANK YOU!!!

Spectablend T.Spectablend

Thank you Louise, your support is much appreciated! Happy blending!

Good blender

I have had my blender for approximately a year and have made soups, dips and mainly smoothies with it. It's a fantastic blender but it started leaking from the bottom of the jug. My partner tightened the nut inside the jug on top of the rotary blade and then by hand tightened the threaded sealing unit in the underside of jug, this comes loose and by doing so tightens the gasket seal inbetween the components. If anyone else is having the same issue it's easily fixed so now I'm back into making my healthy smoothies. It's quick, easy to clean and easy to use. I'm overall happy with it.

Read more reviews - page 2

samantha.todd.374
samantha.todd.374asked

I would like something that will replace my juicer and retain the fiber but I am worried that it won't be able to handle my carrot juices? Am I correct in thinking this?

Also, when making soup does it heat the soup or just purée it for heating? If so, are there options to keep my juices cold and my soups hot?

Thanks :)

Hi Samantha,

The Spectablend would be able to handle your carrot juices. It will pulverize and blend everything well until smooth whilst retaining its fibre. However, you would need to add water or milk to liquify your drink. If you don't overblend, your blender won't heat your ingredients. Also, having frozen or cold fruits would help retain the cold.

For soups, there are two options: grill / cook vegies then blend, OR blend ingredients and bring to boil in pot. If you're a raw foodist, you'd be happy to know that the Spectablend blends up to 30 degrees celcius in heat whilst still retaining its fibre and still warm. Because it's friction-based, the longer you blend, the hotter the machine and ingredients get. Think of rubbing your palms together for a minute.

Hope this answers your questions. Otherwise please hop over to our website at www.spectablend.com.au for further information or contact us via email at info@spectablend.com.au.

Regards,
Spectablend Team

007bud007
007bud007asked

My Jug started leaking after 10 months and has rusted the bearing out. This blender only gets used about 3 times per week. Should these components should last longer then this? The answerer should be yes but unfortunately it is not with my blender.

Veronica Ng
Veronica Ng

I am sorry to hear about your blender. Maybe you should contact the agent you purchased the blender from. I have been using my blender for more than a year and I have no complaints about it. I am using the blender to make smoothies, grinding peppercorns into finely ground pepper, soup and lately I iused it to grind my spices for curries. The only downside is the smell of spices still lingered in the jug despite washing it with lemon juice, vinegar and baking soda.

Doris

Yes they should. It's crap quality (([name removed]) sells the same model for 99 AUD). We threw ours out and bought a Vitamix - unbelievable difference!

Josie

I am having the same problem. My jug has already been replaced once.

Kylie
Kylieasked

Why does the contents of the spectablend heat up? Everything I make in it starts out cold and by the end of blending is very warm.

Fleur
Fleur

How far do you put the dial up? I only use the first couple of settings and the contents stays cool once it is mixed. In fact I have to be patient and wait a while before my soups heat up.

Spectablend T.Spectablend

Spectablend's blades are friction-based so the longer it rotates its blades, content in your blender start to heat up. If this happens to you, you may want to consider what you're blending and not over-blend. Spectablend is 1500W and 35,000RPM. It is a very strong and powerful motor. Try rubbing your palms together for 1 minute and that is the same thing with the blender, it gets warm. There are some tips to prevent this: If you're making smoothie, use frozen ingredients. If you're blending nut butters, it shouldn't be a problem but maybe take breaks in between. You may also add liquid (milk or water) to ensure ingredients can be blended quickly and more efficient so you won't have to blend for a long time.

Get an answer from our members and Spectablend representatives

CategoryBlenders