Spirit of Tasmania

Spirit of Tasmania

See the Best Cruises in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Spirit of Tasmania? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Length5.5 days

Horror Facilities for Travelling Pets

CovidCruiser
CovidCruiserGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Got Covid Onboard

We got covid on our trip to tassie. VERY FEW people were wearing masks (even though it was still a legal requirement). I know there's only so much they can do to stop the spread, but they didn't even seem to try to enforce the basics.

joop
joopGoulburn Valley, VIC

no reply

recently took the ferry to and from Tasmania and soon after we returned we received an e-mail asking how our trip was and so on , I did reply and said that our motorhome got slightly damaged on the way to Melbourne probably being strapped to the deck , to my surprise I did not get a reply , if you only reply on the good comments you give people a false sense of security , not happy.

david cook
david cook

Spirit of Tasmania price Gouging

The Spirit of Tasmania has doubled its fares over the past fours years we used to pay a return trip from Devonport to Melbourne, of about 700 dollars , our recent trip was 1300 , the extra Charge of 200 dollars per person in addition to the cabin or deck chair fees ,is a recent increase , it certainly feels like we are being price gouged.

Ripoff

Tried booking, booked out for a month, Tas to Vic, put the double day trips on for winter or get another boat, stop carrying so much freight, I’ve traveled 100 plus times on this service as a private person not a business, nothing to do unless you drink, gamble, or like to watch a movie that can’t be heard because of background noises, the food is very average & expensive, the cabins are ok nothing flash or big also you are charged extra for a porthole cabin & for what you can’t see a thing because it’s dark outside & by the time they call you of a morning it’s still dark outside,

Great staff

Having had a noise issue in our cabin going over to Victoria we contacted the staff and they allocated a cabin in the centre of the boat which proved to be perfect. They so easy the deal with and happy to assist. Well done guys. Now just get Wilson Security staff to smile and all will be well!

Fay D.
Fay D.Tasmania

No more for me

I've been several times from Melbourne, it's a long boring trip, now that it's at Geelong I won't be bothering, 8 hours on the voyage and a long drive back to Melbourne, no way. I will fly drive in future

C knights
C knightsWestern District, VIC

DISGUSTING SERVICE

I travel to Tasmania regularly for work. I'm a VIP traveller. I cannot get on boat at all. Tried to book early April for work in October booked out no cancellation list. I have talked to Tasmanian locals who can't travel to mainland or if they do return. I have always been treated lovely by staff on phone but this has changed recently feel like a number and no customer service. THIS NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED IMMEDIATELY. !!!!!. SHAME FOR A COMPANY TO FORGET THE CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE SUPPORTED THEM THROUGH COVID.

PET OWNERS TAKE A STAND!!

Jono
JonoNorth-West & West coast, TAS

No space for my small van

I live in Tassie, tried (in March) to book a fare for my campervan to devonport sometime in may but then found out that I couldn’t get on the ship until August. Unless………. I wanted to put it on as freight and pay over $700. Disgraceful and will never use it again

Ian
Ian

Very poor customer consideration and service!!

• Incentivised Review No

Exceptional staff and service!

Booking process online was easy. I did need to call and verify some things; the wait time was only a minute or so and the staff were fantastic to speak with. Called again after making my booking to get the indemnity release so I could leave my dog in the car, spoke with another fantastic and friendly lady who was very helpful.
Check in process was really easy.
Once on board, a member or staff spotted the green tag I had been given to indicate a pet on board. I wish I got his name as he was really lovely and assured me that he would check on my girl throughout the trip.
We got lucky and had a really smooth trip! Coffee well priced on board for a decent cuppa. Bathrooms were clean and spacious enough.
Had a wonderful trip!

prasad K.
prasad K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No safety and thieves inside the cruise

The cruise is looks good but becareful with your luggage and personal belongings
Because I forgot my power ani inside my room and on the bed after I go home I checked in my bag it’s not there then immediately I have called to customer care people but they said didn’t find any item there in the cruise
So whoever cleaned the room they stolen the item so please don’t leave any item inside the room and don’t believe the cruise staff and especially whoever cleaned your room are thieves
“Thieves are there inside the Spirit of Tasmania Cruise”(especially Cleaning staff)

• Cruise Experience
    • Entertainment
    • Rooms
    • Food
    • Staff

Do not take you pets on the Spirit of Tasmania

As has been stated in numerous other reviews, the kennel areas are absolutely abysmal.

Steel cages, stacked on top of one another, in the cold, loud, dark car storage area. The whole kennel area is completely exposed to the outside air. This means that if it is 5oC outside, the animals are 5oC.

There is ZERO information or clarity from the website pre-booking about the conditions in these cages, who will look after you pet during the 11 hour crossing, what qualifications they have, etc etc.

It is truly unbelievable that a company would think that these conditions were acceptable in this day and age when it would cost them virtually nothing to make a space for pets on the upper decks.

Mike
MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A Scam Booking Process

Chud
Chudasked

What can you leave your fridge on the boat

Belinda B.
Belinda B.asked

Can't believe Spirit of Tasmania have not moved to properly house dog/pets accommodation with owners. Leaving your beloved pet in a cage or lock in your caravan or motorhome for 12 hours is horrendous treatment & detrimental to the animal health & stress level along with the owners.
Pet available cabins should be made available on all trips !!!!

Kay
Kay

Pets used to travelling in caravan etc where their owners leave them for some hours on a regular basis would be much more comfortable in that familiar environment than a cage. Maybe could have a couple of rooms especially for owners with pets

Gary H.
Gary H.asked

I would like to know how, with the re-introduction of the Bass Strait Vehicle Equalisation Scheme, a fare from Melbourne to Devonport in the early autumn has jumped from around $770 (passenger, with car, 2B porthole cabin) to more than $800 *with car travelling free* (under the BSVE provision), with a 2B porthole cabin — the cost is astouning. No, it's not a cruise ship with all the trapping, but a simple ferry!! How is it something can be advertised free yet the prices are seemingly jacked up elsewhere, to make up the "shortfall"? What is going on?? Shocked by the high price, I'm likely to choose the fly-drive option coming in at under $490!! But do please enlighten me as to how this service is being aimed at the rich.

Taz