Spirit of Tasmania

Spirit of Tasmania

See the Best Cruises in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great

Great way to travel. You can take your car and dog!! Staying in a cabin offers you all comfort and hot showers! Definitely recommend to sail with Spirit of tasmania! Friendly staff

Travelling Party Adults, Babies, Children, Seniors and Teens

Derek12

Derek12New South Wales

Government monopoly fleeces public $1200!

Dept_of_Transport_handed_over_this monopoly to TT lines in 1993. $1200 to get car across. Double dipping for travel by passage + accommodation. Our 4yo is calculated at $150. They charge for stuff on roof racks and even an $8 visa charge. Last year $44M in profits.

John71

John71Cygnet

As bad as ever.

Travelling Party Adults and Seniors

Bed Bugs

Just travelled on Spirit of Tas for the 3rd time. First time on the recliners as the cabins are ridiculously overpriced and the most uncomfortable sleep ever. Well, the recliners weren’t a step up at all. They are extremely hard after a few hours it feels like you are sleeping on concrete. The worst part is, I was bitten by bed bug!!! 2 massive welts on my hips! I just hope that I haven’t brought them into my home now! Not happy, I will be pursuing legal action if I have.

graeme

graemeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not fun

This is a mode of transport so you can take your car.
It is not an enjoyable sailing trip.
The food is crap, lining up for ages getting on and off.
Difficult trying to get any sleep in recliner seats.
Wouldn't recommend doing it unless you have to.

Booked Through: Third Party
Entertainment

Melissa

MelissaTasmania

Was bit amused

Trip Length1 days

Jo

JoHobart, TAS

Really impressed, happy each time I have sailed

I have travelled with my vehicle on the Spirit 4 times in the last 3 months. The booking process is easy (including changing dates - I actually got a refund because the changed date was cheaper than the original!), I have never had problems boarding. Each time I have travelled in a 4 shared cabin and it has been fine. The bars are good, and live entertainment was provided. This is now my preferred way of travelling to Melbourne as I can take my vehicle and I can bring home lots of shopping etc and not have to stress about excess baggage charges at an airport.

Entertainment

Michele

MicheleVictoria

Abused and threatened by fellow passenger for sitting in "their" seat, even though not in the allocated seating area

Travelling Party Adults and Seniors
Christa W.

Christa W.Sydney, NSW

Bugs!!!

Although the ship itself is beautiful I had a horrible experience after spending the night sail sleeping in a recliner I was awoken to being covered in bug bites! When I emailed to inform them they wouldn’t refund me for my trip but instead proceeded to tell me the seats were cleaned 3 days before I boarded... thousands of people are on the ship each day!!! Unacceptable! When I pointed this out to them they then back tracked and said oh no they are cleaned after every sail which I for one cant see happening since people are coming off and instantly more being boarded. So unimpressed with the way it was handled would rather fly next time!

Sylvia

SylviaSydney, NSW

A well oiled machine from start to finish!

The booking process I did online ..........perfect.
We travelled from Melbourne to Devonport, getting on the ferry in Melbourne was very straight forward as was getting off in Devonport thanks to the efficient staff who made it clear where they wanted you to go.
I had no idea how wonderful the trip would be, I loved the immensity of Bass Strait. Out on the deck was exhilarating.
No unexpected extras, we bought delicious coffees. Didn't need to buy food as we had our own.
All amenities were fresh and clean.
We had a recliner which was very comfortable.
What a relaxing way to travel to Tasmania.

Ozbeach

OzbeachMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Taking our family pet to Tasmania.

On our resent trip to Tasmania on the Spirit Of Tasmania we were upset to see how family pets were caged on the car and truck deck. You could see many were very distressed as was one owner we say openly cry when he reached to collect his dog from a cage. It's not good enough and family loved pets should not have to endure 10-12 hour sea trip in theses conditions. Why can't the Spirit of Tasmania have a special pet deck where owners can stay with their pets for the crossing. Me personally would lock myself and my pet in our caravan, this way my pet would not get stressed out.

Trip Length11 days
Travelling Party Seniors
Booked Through: Cruise Line

Treatment of pets appalling, needs overhaul!

Mandy

MandyHobart

First Time

staff helpful, friendly, ... very cold inside, eating lunch near someone with their dirty feet propped on a chair yuck.

Teach women emoloyees courtesy.

Please teach the women traffic controllers to use courtesy. Customers are gentleman/men, ma’am, miss, and sir, Not ‘that guy’, or “move forward buddy”! ‘Please’ and ‘ThankYou also make for a better experience.

The Australian migrant workers were courteous, Australian locals were not.

Great way to get across bass straight if wanting to take your car

I don't really know why there are such bad reviews gosh it's not some luxury cruise liner the drinks were good prices the food was great not too expensive staff were alright the only thing was the deck chairs you just cannot sleep on them and the chairs are too close together I didn't like trying to sleep next to a snoring random stranger we have never had any delays getting on or off so not a bad experience will keep travelling on it thanks

Nonsensical boarding process and faulty equipment.

Consistently late, never seems to depart or arrive on time, with no explanations or apologies at any point.
Nonsensical boarding process, highly disorganized with those arriving latest boarding earliest whilst the people who arrived first sit and wait for hours.
Faulty air-conditioning equipment left many passengers and their belongings soaked in water. No crew arrived to fix this.
Food is also fairly expensive for the poor quality.
Seems to be a focus on a quick cash grab as opposed to customer satisfaction or any kind of loyalty or repeat business.

Could be a much better experience.

Playing Catch up.

Dog Lovers don't take your dog!

I would use the Spirit more but the set up for dogs is appalling. If only they had done market research on how older people love to take their dogs but only if they are confined in acceptable enclosures.
I will not be using the current vessel again. Hopefully the replacement vessel will fix thus problem!

Your staff are amazing

We accidentally made our booking to sail the other way your staff in Devonport were amazing at getting us on the boat and rearranging our sail last night and due to some availability issues directed us to call your costumer service number to sort out our options for fixing our return fair everyone was amazing and very helpful so I just wanted to say Thanks