Spirit of Tasmania

Spirit of Tasmania

See the Best Cruises in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Spirit of Tasmania? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Length2.714 days
  • Staff
Adrienne Murray
Adrienne MurraySouth East Queensland, QLD

Cancled travel due to Covid-19 - full refund

Didn't travel due to covid but online booking process was easy and cancellation was easy and quick with a full refund.

Would recommend if your not sure if you'll need to cancel due to travel restrictions.

Cruise Experience
Staff
Belinda
BelindaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

1st April 2021 Perfect calm day sail in years, apparently... True!

Booking process was easy. I shared a cabin with a stranger, but we both slept. Would like to personally Thank a couple of staff; Vicky the pet attendant was friendly & caring. I felt comfortable leaving my 2cats and my 12yr old Border Collie who suffers anxiety, with her. Mark from security was very helpful and kind. Also Con, the Captain who allowed me to check on my dog once accompanied by Mark. Thanku to you all.

kyle e
kyle eFrankston

Never again.

Despite having no mask requirements we were forced to wear one despite our medical exemptions as per the Victorian government requirements. I hope the company starts acting lawfully in the future.

Pete
PeteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

COVID overreaction

feral

pretty rough experience honestly, extremely rude staff waking people up for not wearing masks whilst asleep, shouting at people to sanitise rather than asking politely, overall very crap. also, BRNG YOUR OWN FOOD! I cannot stress this enough. and if you're a vegan, give u all hope of getting anything decent to eat on board

Cruise Experience
Food
Staff

Don’t do it

Quite simple. Avoid if possible absolute ripoff. How about $18 for a cup of tea & 3 things posing as croissants. Asked if I wanted a receipt . Had to say no as afraid I would be charged extra

Don
DonWest Ulverstone

Good and bad!

Generally love the SOT but I was shocked last night at the meals...seems as though the chicken and vegetables had been sitting out all day...tough, dry and horrible! Would not eat on the SOT again.

Lyd F.
Lyd F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They seemed to care

We had an issue with our booking. Some sort of mix up with communication between our booking agent and Spirit of Tasmania. They really tried to resolve the issue for us.

Jegb
JegbIllawarra, NSW

Avoid.

Overpriced, even if one chooses the recliner seats. It took over 45 mins to disembark. Forget about a good night's sleep. Vibration from the engine prevents sleep overnight. Recliner cars should have been designed so that they go back 45° or more. Rip off overall.

Find out how Spirit of Tasmania compares to other Cruises

Primitive Conditions Mean no Showers Available!!

I paid about $1200.00 return for myself & car one way and caravan back with recliner only to be told, “Sorry no showers available.” How primitive!! I sent an email to complain only to be told by TT Line; “We haven’t had showers available for the last 30 years.” “Spirit” of Tasmania? I don’t think so!!

Customer
Customer

Take a plane

patandher pets
patandher petsNorth-West & West coast, TAS

dangerous for pets

pet cages very poor.dogs will be alone.staff not trained in animal welfare. i felt rushed.dogs have died on this boat.be very careful and insist on checking on your dog during trip

KayTasmania

Shocking example of government ineptitude

Booking process lovely experience until you get to the shocking price and multiple extras charged and the fact of having to book so far ahead - cannot call this a ‘ferry’

DeeVee
DeeVeeMurray Mallee, SA

Take your car free ripoff

The current car free deal is such a scam. My family went to book last week for 3 people, vehicle and trailer and overnight cabin return for $2300, but saw the advertising for take your car free deal. Went to book today to find the per person price has more than doubled which means it will cost $3300. We waiting for the special to pay $1000 more!! So disappointing!! False advertising!

Expensive

With the expensive cost to travel on the boat , you want to charge $10 per person to watch a movie !!!!! Cmon you can’t be serious . No wonder Aussies holiday overseas

Read more reviews - page 2

Belinda B.
Belinda B.asked

Can't believe Spirit of Tasmania have not moved to properly house dog/pets accommodation with owners. Leaving your beloved pet in a cage or lock in your caravan or motorhome for 12 hours is horrendous treatment & detrimental to the animal health & stress level along with the owners.
Pet available cabins should be made available on all trips !!!!

Kay

Pets used to travelling in caravan etc where their owners leave them for some hours on a regular basis would be much more comfortable in that familiar environment than a cage. Maybe could have a couple of rooms especially for owners with pets

Gary H.
Gary H.asked

I would like to know how, with the re-introduction of the Bass Strait Vehicle Equalisation Scheme, a fare from Melbourne to Devonport in the early autumn has jumped from around $770 (passenger, with car, 2B porthole cabin) to more than $800 *with car travelling free* (under the BSVE provision), with a 2B porthole cabin — the cost is astouning. No, it's not a cruise ship with all the trapping, but a simple ferry!! How is it something can be advertised free yet the prices are seemingly jacked up elsewhere, to make up the "shortfall"? What is going on?? Shocked by the high price, I'm likely to choose the fly-drive option coming in at under $490!! But do please enlighten me as to how this service is being aimed at the rich.

Taz
Taz

Agree . Can’t wait for a boat to start up in competition. I have travelled a lot around the world and spirit of tas is so far backward , expensive , no free wifi, disgusting food , not to mention the two half hours it took to get off the boat in devonport . Oh don’t forget about the $10 charge if you want to watch a movie also . They wonder why people don’t holiday in their own country

Judith E.
Judith E.asked

I am travelling on the Spirit on the night of the 31st March.
What happens to my dog as I will be in quarantine for 14 days.