St.George Home & Contents Insurance

St.George Home & Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for St.George Home & Contents Insurance? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.7
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (4)
Joseph
JosephSouth East Queensland, QLD

No proper response

Filled applic. through Int. It did not question security devises. When phone to insert devises was told policy increased by $80.00 . Challenge St George to phone me about issue as it favour both parties.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Hunter T
Hunter TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rip Off

Crazy Domains The Wost
Crazy Domains The WostSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting Insurance For Investment Properties. Disgraceful. WORST. Avoid At All Costs

Absolutely disgraceful insurance. Will do everything to avoid paying by pointing out the most ridiculous "policies" in their PDS. Customer service is no help whatsoever, actually argues on the phone to make it seem like you don't understand the policy - to make matters worse they take WEEKS to even respond to basic claims, then ask for a simple document, WEEKS LATER, ask for one more useless piece of information, WEEKS LATER tell you you're not covered. Complaints they will get back to you... WEEKS LATER. Truly couldn't care less about their customers.

If you want insurance for tenanted properties AVOID ST GEORGE

erich
erichGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Call centre waiting time is way too long!

Each time I wish to request for a new currency of certificate I would have to wait 30-45mins just a simple task. Why can't they automated this? They know to automate the policy renewal and deduct new fees but cannot provide this document automatically with each renewal. Since I have multiple properties with policies which means I have to call regularly. Operators are usually polite and nice but their system is like operating in stone age, get with time please.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how St.George Home & Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Lowest price quote and gave me money back.

Mazza
MazzaSydney, NSW

Avoid like a plague!

Nothing is actually really covered. The PDS statement is worded to make them avoid all claims and needs a lawyer to even understand it. Couldn't even get consistency in customer service.

Joseph
Joseph South East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service

After receiving a renewal offer that reflects an almost 20% price hike I called and took up the recorded offer to receive a call back on the same day. I did this twice over different days. Both times St George did not bother to call me back.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Stewart A
Stewart ASydney, NSW

Can't get an address correct for insured property

Expensive, horrendous customer service and lengthy delays with even basic requests.

It took 7 phone calls and 3 emails for their hopeless customer service team to correct my residential address. St George insurance had the wrong address on the insured address, not even sure how that's possible since my mailing address was correct.

Making claims is difficult, it takes weeks for them to get back to you. AVOID

J host
J hostHunter Region, NSW

Starting a claim after storm water/ flash flooding to my home and contents

Julien R.
Julien R.South East Queensland, QLD

Took them 4 months to find a way not to cover

My house got broken into in January, and after providing evidence after evidence. after each document, 3 weeks and another question. For them to find a way not to indemnify...

Drawn out claim, blamed me for not chasing them more frequently

Changed from our long time insurer due to cheaper price offered, after first claim attempt just discovered why. I have just contaced them (again) after no response within the time frame they specify (again). Claim got put through on the spot as I had supplied all the documents requested of me. I asked if he could explain why it had taken so long over the time limit they specify and why I received no response or correspondence from them. His response, it was my fault because I should have been calling more frequently to check they were doing what they told me they were doing.
They are cheaper for a reason, just bare that in mind if you're tempted to change to them.

Peter Volpe
Peter Volpe

Do not insurer through St George

Worse decision I have ever made, I got talked into swapping from my long time insurer when I took out an additional property mortgage, yes they were cheaper but now that I need them, no compassion, no assistance, no cover. I will never recommend or use them again. Because of this I am transferring all my accounts and properties to another bank, will they care "No" but I will feel better. Pay a little more in premium but get better cover. Save yourself heartache and insurer elsewhere. Mk3 where also the Assessors that came out to my home, horrible person, all he wanted to find were reasons to ensure the claim would not go through, who pays them St George, what else would you expect.

DNR
DNRPerth, WA

Can’t even speak to anyone

Trying to update my policy and tried to make a claim (separate enquiries) - have rung them multiple times for the past 5 days. Cannot even physically speak to anyone.. just hearing the same automated message (press 1 for blah blah blah). Cannot use their email function as it says not working. Absolute sh*t.

Insurance claim madeNo
Savannt
SavanntSydney

Terrible Experience Avoid at All Costs - Stress Not Worth It

It has been 3 months since the flood at my place. 600 litres of water everywhere. Mk3 Assessors were engaged. They were rude, misogynistic and utterly useless at recording the items damaged. Avoid St George and Westpac and anyone else connected to them. Trying to get the payment (very low, considering the distress & damage etc) was a complete nightmare. Do NOT USE these people they are absolutely terrible. No idea of customer experience or care for the client at all.

A Pearse