St.George Home & Contents Insurance

St.George Home & Contents Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Drawn out claim, blamed me for not chasing them more frequently

Changed from our long time insurer due to cheaper price offered, after first claim attempt just discovered why. I have just contaced them (again) after no response within the time frame they specify (again). Claim got put through on the spot as I had supplied all the documents requested of me. I asked if he could explain why it had taken so long over the time limit they specify and why I received no response or correspondence from them. His response, it was my fault because I should have been calling more frequently to check they were doing what they told me they were doing.
They are cheaper for a reason, just bare that in mind if you're tempted to change to them.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateMay 2019

Peter Volpe

Peter Volpe

Do not insurer through St George

Worse decision I have ever made, I got talked into swapping from my long time insurer when I took out an additional property mortgage, yes they were cheaper but now that I need them, no compassion, no assistance, no cover. I will never recommend or use them again. Because of this I am transferring all my accounts and properties to another bank, will they care "No" but I will feel better. Pay a little more in premium but get better cover. Save yourself heartache and insurer elsewhere. Mk3 where also the Assessors that came out to my home, horrible person, all he wanted to find were reasons to ensure the claim would not go through, who pays them St George, what else would you expect.

DNR

DNRperth

Can’t even speak to anyone

Trying to update my policy and tried to make a claim (separate enquiries) - have rung them multiple times for the past 5 days. Cannot even physically speak to anyone.. just hearing the same automated message (press 1 for blah blah blah). Cannot use their email function as it says not working. Absolute sh*t.

Savannt

SavanntSydney

Terrible Experience Avoid at All Costs - Stress Not Worth It

It has been 3 months since the flood at my place. 600 litres of water everywhere. Mk3 Assessors were engaged. They were rude, misogynistic and utterly useless at recording the items damaged. Avoid St George and Westpac and anyone else connected to them. Trying to get the payment (very low, considering the distress & damage etc) was a complete nightmare. Do NOT USE these people they are absolutely terrible. No idea of customer experience or care for the client at all.

A Pearse

A PearseBaulkham Hills BC

Avoid using St George Westpac Contents Insurances

Frustrated customer

Frustrated customer

25 minute telephone call wait!

St George made me wait 10 minutes to talk to someone, who then transferred me to the tax office!! I am now being told to wait another 15 minutes before I can speak to someone. AND who knows who they will choose to transfer me to then!

hakime.akgul.5

hakime.akgul.5Sydney, NSW

St George insurance given me stress

Paul T

Paul TBrisbane

St. George Insurance corrupt

Cin

CinTbrisbane

1 claim becomes 3 buy stgeorge how wrong are they

I have never realised how bad st George is my daughter has made a claim for 3 tvs that her wild child has broken within a month and she has spoken to 5 different people and not 1 has told her the same story .. They won't accept the 3 tvs as 1 claim and trying to charge her 300 per Rv what a bloody joke after paying all this money they want more let me know how any body feels about this matter please

SteveNewcastle, NSW

Avoid

My daughter had 2 gum trees crash through her roof during the Hunter storms of April 2015, here we are, 7 months later, and she still is still living out of one room and a bedroom, with holes in her roof and ceiling, frayed and leaking tarps on the roof and containers everywhere to catch the rain as it runs into her house. St George's customer relations are abysmal, they just take your money then fob you off. I've already cancelled my insurance with them, found to my surprise that their premiums are twice that of a reputable company, and will suggest to my daughter that she does the same

Disgusting

We were broken into on Mother's day this year. We didn't have an assessor come to our property until one month after and he missed certain items. After continually calling them and Stream we had a part cash advance and the house secured with make safe (one month later)!

To date September 2015 we still do not have the claim finalised and the door replaced nor do we have the door completely secure! No follow ups, no touching base and Stream and Probuilt Australia are the worst I have ever endured. I never heard from them regarding an update and have to chase them every month for an update. Not worth the paper its written on.

Tracey R

Tracey RPerth, WA

Takes too long for claim approval

carrie1978

carrie1978NSW, 2577

Misleading - they do not cover what they verbally advise they do.

Paul

PaulNowra

Ok

benign with St George for two years just made a claim hopping i can use my card soon to the money and hopping there will not put my Insurance up

but can redo my insurance again if it goes up as there ask if you had made three claims with in three years or $8000+

so hoping we don't get hit more but over all great but takes a bit for money to come back Just ask for the money to go to bank account not as a gift card :( bad thing i did hahaha just got it but can't activate it as i don't know the pin :)
great
have to keep asking is happening take about 2-4 weeks to get my money back for my iPhone screen replacement

lisha_galSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really good value for money, i really like the choice of 3 types of cover. Good over the phone service. I would recommend give them a go. :)
Really happy with the service and was offered the best price on Home and Contents insurance. We compared pricing with 15 different insurance companies. They also offer 3 option of cover ranging from budget to premium
Havent had any problems wih St George Insurance!

reisen01

reisen01AU

You can pay by the month at no extra cost! They have just approved and paid me cheque for the claim i just made on our fence. This was damaged in the recent floods. 2 quotes sent to them and 2 weeks later i received a call then a cheque in the mail. Great company to deal with. Really professional. GREAT price. They also cover for floods. I will be sticking to this company for my home insurance :=)
GREAT thank you! We had some damage to our fence in the recent floods. Not a problem for St George at all.