St.George Personal Loans

St.George Personal Loans

1.7

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (1)

Biggest regret of my life

It was my first time buying a car through a dealership. I purchased the loan through them after a very quick decision. I am now paying $44200 for a $28000 car. Biggest regret of my life and a mistake I won’t make again. NAB loans are much better because you can pay them off quicker without any extra fees.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Michael

MichaelAU

Worst margin loan in Australia - they margin calls process is made up and dodgy

KylieMaclean

Monthly Admin Fees (or $112.05) on a $0 owing loan

Personal Loans

Find out how St.George Personal Loans compares to other Personal Loans

Brad

Brad

Terrible customer service

St george personal loan department are useless and every time I ring them they put me in hold for at least half hour usually because they have no idea what there doing. They are always rude and unhelpful. They have the highest interest rates in the business and lots of hidden fees. If you want a bank that looks after you I'd definitely shop around before choosing this bank.

Steph3768

Steph3768Perth

Happy customer =D

I recently changed banks from Commonwealth to St George and I'm happy with my decision. CommBank stuffed up way too many times from telling me I wasn't a citizen of Australia [I was a member with them since I was 6!] to making errors with my name change [got married]. So I changed to St George and was really happy with the customer service and the smooth transition of changing bank accounts and my personal loan over. 2 thumbs up from me!
Customer service, happy to help with any questions however silly.

errolflynn

errolflynn

Interest rate too high

lizziegordon

lizziegordonACT, 2614

OK

In the end, the best loan is usually the one with the lowest fees and rates. It's just as easy, really, to go to a credit union or elsewhere for much more competitive rates and less fees.
Easy to get, simple enough process with online applications, lots of branches for signing paperwork. St George staff are usually very friendly and helpful.
High interest rates, like most banks. Lots of fees for setting up, missing payment etc.

mick taylor

mick taylorasked

i have 11.9 percent interest for personal loan for 30 000
i have made over the 4 months over 2000 of repayments
my interest payments for this period is 1130$
please explain how this amount of interest over four months is 11.9%
over 2000$ of repayments and have been charged 1130$ in interest this amount of interest is like 50% not 11.9%
i feel i have been scamed and want to get another borrower to pay it out

Kylie

The interest is calculated over 12months. Initially the interest (first few months) will be calculated higher per month (around $289-$300) but after first year the monthly interest is calculated at $250ish... and get lower as you pay off the loan. if you check the calculator it'll give you a better overview of what to expect. The interest rate does look reasonably correct but if you're unsure and want it explained you can always ask someone at St George to explain the interest etc or maybe if you know an accountant they could help you understand the maths behind interest rates. You can find the calculator on St George website or use a third party calculator by searching Google

CategoryPersonal Loans
Interest Ratefrom 12.99% p.a.
Comparison Rate from 14.06% p.a.
Monthly Fee A$12.00