Plenti Personal Loan
4.7 from 2,318 reviews

2,318 reviews
  • Loan TypeFixed Rate (312) · Variable Rate (175) · Line of Credit (13) · Split (2)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan Term4.16 years (396)

Mannie

ManniePerth, WA

Excellent service, highly competitive, absolutely recommend Plenti

The on-line system was clear and efficient, if I did need personal assistance it was prompt, clear, professional and courteous. Very open and transparent - every month after payment a statement was emailed including the updated interest rate. The interest rate was consistently 4% LESS than the rate originally quoted to me by the "majors". There was no additional hidden or sneaky charges. It has been the best lending experience I have ever had!

Loan Start DateOctober 2018
susan

susanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quick-simple and hassle free

This is the 3rd loan I have had and each time very quick and easy application process with great rates, highly recommended and only took 3 days from start to finish

Simplicity

Very simple and have used this service before when you were ratesetter the rate is very competitive and no issues just had a bit of trouble attaching the bank statement but it kept saying I was logged out with a strange error code when I tried Thanks much appreciated

MA

MASydney

Simple, Quick and Stress Free

Very satisfied and impressed with application process. It took just two days for my loan to get approved. It is my 2nd time with RateSetter/Plenti and like last time, they never disappoint. Highly recommended and very grateful!

Excellent service

Process straight forward customer service prompt and positive. The entire process from start to finish took approx 4 hrs including the process into of my application. Would recommend the company

Review collected in partnership with Plenti

I have been given a very competitive rate, they even beat my own bank. I’m very happy with Plenti and will use them next time I need a personal loan.

Kaz

KazGold Coast

Terrible service and time waste.

They offered 3x the loan I asked for and several emails to harass me to apply. I did so only to be refused a loan for reasons not stated. No emaiI was sent to inform me of the decision. I am waiting for my credit report to glean some information, and this refusal will now affect it.
I have been employed in the same job for over 10 years with excellent income own my own home outright. My advice don't waste your time with Plenti.

Tess

TessLatrobe

Poor Communication and Very Automated

Alexandra S.Plenti

What a great company to deal with, no hassles very easy to work with and great service and communication.

Great customer service prompt response , rates are better than the banks. No surprises with extra costs, with hassle free emails with the occasional phone call. Could ask for anything better.

Mel

Mel

Exemplary service!

Customer service was always prompt and helpful. All costs were exactly as originally stated. I am very happy with the entire process from start to finish! Highly recommend using them.

Loan TypeLine of Credit
Nicole

NicoleMid North Coast, NSW

Easy & quick

Only took 1 day to organise, quick & easy, great communication & dealt with real people on phone .. excellent rates. No hidden fees or loan set up costs. I highly recommend Plenti as a lender.

Loan TypeLine of Credit

Review collected in partnership with Plenti

Terrible communication and inability to liaise with customers

There was an issue with Plenti demanding the invoice for our car having the bank details on it, and the car company not issuing invoices like that. Instead of liaising with them directly we went back and fourth for almost a week.
While the contact centre team tried to find a solution for me, Plenti’s settlement team basically spoke from a script and wouldn’t sway from that.
There was never an offer of speaking to a manager who could sort it, or a phone number given. It was incredibly frustrating and almost cost us the car!

Shaun

ShaunGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Raised my variable rate by 5% over 2 months

My variable loan started at approx 8%, then it almost immediately jumped up to 14%. Kind of surprised/disappointed as they had positive reviews. It kept jumping up weekly, costing me a lot.

Then found out the company was being sold on, it seemed the owners were out for a smash and grab by ramping up the rate. After it changed ownership the rate dropped. Unpredictable, can't recommend.

Sarah

SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Plenti Perfect Loan Company

From the first time I contacted Plenti for a loan I was treated with the most courtesy. My loan was approved with the speed expected. The financial contract was detailed in plain English language - no hidden surprises!
I would not hesitate to recommend Plenti to anyone who required a "safe" loan.
Regards, Sarah

Loan TypeSplit
Loan Start DateJune 2020

Great customer service

The team at Plenti have been so helpful whilst arranging my loan, I had questions and they were answered promptly via email, and when I called the team were ever so friendly and helpful.

Sharon

Sharon

So pleased and relieved !

Being extended a personal loan by Plenti to bypass financial strain in our Family Law matter has made the world of difference to my ability to focus on keeping other important aspects of life operating smoothly. The customer service staff were polite and supportive at all times, and all costs were clearly outlined in advance, at a rate affordable and managable to the circumstances. Thanks again Plenti !

Muz

MuzThe Mallee, VIC

Professional staff members

Very happy with the service i received, no hidden agenda i was treated very respectfully and would have no hesitation in recommending your services to family and friends. Thank you and look forward to possible further transaction opportunities.

ManjulaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Take long time to allocate extra payments

Loan Start DateJanuary 2020

Great experience

Found Plenti through Canstar and decided to try them out. It was quick and easy to apply compared to other places, and really competitive rates. Would definitely use them again.

Karlu

KarluSydney, NSW

Best rates

Had good customer service and ease of use on the online tool.
Got good interest rates, however, the number of years for repayment increased during the pre-approval. Less years of repayment were much preferable (not a deal breaker) and approval came through quick (didn’t expect it).

Loan Start DateJuly 2020

Wooke

Wookeasked

I’d like to have a follow up conversation with Johnathan Greene please

Alexandra S.Plenti

Hi there, thank you for getting in touch. Johnathan Green no longer works for Plenti, however our renewable energy finance team are able to assist. You can contact them on 1300 502 028 for further support.

Ashley N.asked

Do you have the fix loan rate instead... Don't mind have a high interest rate but as least I don't have to caught on the surprise month by month for the increase of interest rate.
Look forward for your reply.

Aimee
Aimee

I chose variable, but my repayment amount didn’t change. It was just the amount of interest that changed. Best to enquire with them directly about the options though.

Ashley N.

To be honest I would prefer fix rate by the look of all the bad review of variable rate jump month by month...
I am now waiting to be approved and will requested for the fixed rate and interested to see what the rate will be

Leonard C
Leonard C

Best bet go fixed. I was told that variable was the best but clearly not. Goes against industry standards. Stay with the banks or credit unions

Annalisa Dezarnaulds

Annalisa Dezarnauldsasked

Has Rate Setter passed on the reduced interest rates as a result of covid for existing loans/ customers

Aleck K.
Aleck K.

Quite opposite in fact - they've increased the interest rate, by more than a half in my case. Look elsewhere :(

Alexandra S.Plenti

Hi Annalisa, thank you for getting in touch. The interest rate that applies to RateSetter loans is not set by us but is determined by the rates offered by everyday investors who fund loans in our lending markets. While these rates may be influenced by broader economic factors including the RBA cash rate, unlike traditional banks, the rates borrowers pay aren't closely linked to that rate. If you are an existing customer and are having trouble with your repayments we can provide a solution for temporary changes depending on your individual circumstances. Please get in touch at contact@ratesetter.com.au so we can learn more and tailor a solution to suit you
Alex

Alexandra S.Plenti

Hi Aleck, we have tried to contact you regarding your concerns but haven't heard from you. Can you please get in touch via contact@ratesetter.com.au so that we may assist you further.
Alex

Get an answer from our members and Plenti representatives