SocietyOne
4.8 from 1,551 reviews

Fastest easiest loan application

Applied Wednesday got approved and funds on Friday same week! Was sent emails all through the process to inform of progress. Awesome interest rate, way better than the big banks.

Outstanding

Staff were very helpful, courteous and prompt.
All extra costs were what I expected - so nothing additional - very informative.
After some investigation of other lenders - Society One gave me the best interest rate

Loan TypeFixed Rate

More people need to know about this!!

The easiest loan I’ve ever had!! The best customer service, very quick reply!! Always happy to help!! I know where I’ll be getting my next loan from if needed! Thank you!

Loan TypeFixed Rate

I'm so amazed with this financial institution

My experience with the customer service provided by this company was quite remarkable and really helpful. Everything works out quite well there was no extra cost or other issues. I'm really satisfied with the rate I received for this loan.

Society One makes managing finances so much more easier:)

Very happy with Society One, I have been dealing with them for a number of years now, and have found the whole process from beginning to end an easy and non complicated process. When ringing to ask questions I have always found staff to be friendly and helpful, I have no hesitation in recommending Society One, and personally will be using them again as my first choice if I need financial products in the future. Thanks again the team at Society One great work guys, keep it up...cheers

Easy, Quick and efficient

SocietyOne have been very quick in processing my application and have so far been really lovely to talk to and very polite. They’ve offered me a great rate with a good amount of time to repay it, I’m very grateful for SocietyOne. I would definitely recommend!

No Stress

Very easy no stress , no problems with anything just the way it should be , the broker i went through was lovely she put me onto them and it was so quick,

Awesome experience!

Everything was crystal clear from the outset, with no hidden terms and conditions. The team were personable, efficient and easily reachable for any queries. The rate was way better rate than the banks, and with flexible repayment options I saved ~$4,000 over 3 years . Great job Keegan, Simon, Ash, Ivan and the overall SocietyOne team!

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Top service by top people

What a treat to find someone who is professional and friendly. The application was easy to understand and the process was a breeze. I will definitely be using them again if the need arises. I am spreading the word about them as much as possible as I think they will be helpful to a lot of people. They are fair and nothing is to much trouble for them. I for one am glad I found them.

Application Process
Hi Col, thank you for your review! We are very happy that you have chosen us to help you meet your financial goals and that we have been able to provide you with an efficient application process and fair, helpful service. Your recommendation and future custom will be much appreciated! We look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

The worse experience closing- lies and lies and no one cares

Just had the worst experience in closing an account, requested a payout of the 14th April, they responded on the 15th April with a bland question, I contacted them by phone on the 17th got my payout figure, paid it same day, the 23rd April I received a new direct debit request, I was overseas so phoned them when I returned after receiving another email advising I needed to again set up a Direct debit, on Phoning I asked why I had received these and not my pay out letter I was advised that takes 10 business days to come BY EMAIL.
I was told that I would not get my letter as I missed a payment on the 22nd April (after I paid it out) and that there was a late payment fee and also overdue interest and had to pay that to close the account, when I objected the consultant re-checked and advised that this was incorrect and it was an error and would rectify and close the account and place an urgent request on the letter and to expect it in the next 10 Days (not business). On the 15th May I received 3 emails, finally containing my letter and also an email advising that I could start investing my funds as they were clear. I contacted them 16th May asking what this was about and complained AGAIN, I was advised that they had quoted an incorrect pay out figure and that a credit sat on my account and they had refunded this and I should receive by 17th May. I asked for email confirmation of this which I did receive giving me instructions to request - yes request - a refund again I had been lied to. Whilst it is a small amount a few dollars and I received lots of Excuses- staff no longer work there, automated systems etc etc and lots of sorry just does not cut it. I have been waiting over 4 weeks and no one did they job they promised....Never again One society

Loan Start DateSeptember 2017
Hi Paul, we are sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. We will send you a private message to discuss your concerns further. Kind regards, Ash @ SocietyOne

Simplesness

I have used Society One previously, I find the application process easy and the follow up by the team is quick, friendly and professional. The fees are minimal and the interest rates are extremely competitive and far better than the banks. I can't recommend them highly enough. If I could suggest an improvement it would be to make the ability to pay extra payments easier.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Hi Thorold, thank you for your review! We are happy to see that you have always found your application process to be efficient, our team to be hepful and that we have always been able to offer you a rate you have found reasonable. Your feedback regarding the ease of making extra payments has also been noted We thank you for your continued custom with us, and look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

Very helpful and professional

The customer service was wonderful.
There was a computer glitch on the quote amount.
Still waiting for outcome of application. I am happy with the rate offered and look forward to hearing from them.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Hi Tracey, thank you for your review! We would like to apologise for the computer glitch while also showing our happiness to see that you have received such friendly and helpful customer service from our team, and that you have found our rates to be reasonable. We look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

very responsible lender and kind customer service

I found the Customer service brilliant and kind. it was easy to apply and I feel they are a thoughtful reliable fair and responsible lending company. I would use them again and suggest them to friends.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Hi anon, thank you for your review! As an organisation that prides ourselves on being a responsible, helpful and understanding lender, it makes us very happy to see that your application process was simple and that our team has provided you with such good customer service. Your recommendation will be much appreciated! We look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

Service was beyond expectations.. so quick and easy to track ..i was amazed how easy to upload documents

Service was amazing throughout process and in regards to cost they were upfront so you know what you are paying before you give concent and i was satisfied with offer.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Hi Rjay, thank you for your review We are very happy to see that your customer experience with us has been positive and that you have found your application process to be clear and upfront throughout. We look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

Great loan service

Had a very complicated situation and needed to get a big personal loan and Society One were the only lender who actually worked with me to work out what was going on and how they could help me. Every team member I worked with helped me lots and there was clear and consitent written and verbal communication. Thanks Society One, top notch!

Loan Start DateApril 2019
Hi William, thank you for your review! We are very happy that we have had the chance to help you with your situation and meet your financial goals. It also gives us great joy to see that our team have provided you with such quality service and made you feel welcome and valued through the application process. We look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

Easy process

Applied for a loan. Didn't get it but process was really easy and great customer service. One of the easiest online application I have used. Great work Society one. Will be promoting them to others

Hi Reynold, thank you for your review! While we are sorry we couldn't help you this time we would like to thank you greatly for still taking the time to provide us with a positive review, and express our pleasure that you found your application process to be easy and effective and you received top quality service from our team. We wish you the best of luck finding finance, and look forward to working with you in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

Perfect you can't go wrong

Best Customer Service. Everything explained into details so you know exactly what to expect while waiting for approval answer. Regular phone calls with updates.
Simply you can't go wrong with SocietyOne.

Application Process
Hi Melissa, thank you for your review! We are very happy to see that your customer experience with us has been so positive and that our team have kept you well informed and made you feel valued through your application process. We look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

Great Customer Service/Go Beyond there Needs..

I was basically greeted with open arms,very kind,curtious and extremely helpful to me..reccomend to anyone after there next jump/step in life,with a loan.Couldnt be more Happier with the total experience..

Loan Start DateMay 2019
Hi Alamn, thank you for your review! We are very happy to see that you have received such friendly and helpful service from our team and that we have been able to help you meet your financial goals. We look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

Awesome Service, very happy customer

Excellent prompt and clear customer service, filled out online form and had a pleasant chat with customer service representative who guided me through the process, explain the requirements and steps now settled and would highly recommend again

Loan Start DateMay 2019
Hi Heath, thank you for your review! We are very happy to see that your application process was smooth and simple and that our team have provided you with clear and friendly advice to help you meet your goals. Your recommendation will be much appreciated! We look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

Extremely easy to deal with

I emailed a query & in no time Society One replied! Extremely efficient and I was emailing a real person, not a robot. This company is so professional, & it was a pleasure to deal with them.

Loan Start DateMay 2019
Hi Jay, thank you for your review! We are very happy to see that you have received personal and professional service from our team and that your queries have been resolved in an efficient manner. As a customer focused company, we always strive to treat all our customers as individuals and provide them with personalised attention. We look forward to working with you now and in the future. Kind regards from Ash and the entire SocietyOne team!

Can a loan be repaid early without further fees
Hi Meryl, thank you for your question! We do not charge any early payout or termination fees. If you wish to settle your loan early, you only need to organise a formal settlement with us where you will only have to pay the balance of your loan plus any interest accrued up to the date of payment. If you have any further questions, please call us on 1300 144 221. Kind regards, Ash @ SocietyOne

Can you explain to me why you offer an interest rat of 19.9% for someone who has a fantastic credit score in access of 750 score
Hi Irena, thank you for your question. Our interest rates are calculated based on a soft touch inspection of your credit history, of which your credit score is only one aspect of it. If you have any concerns regarding the rate you were offered at the point of quote, I would suggest contacting the credit bureau Equifax to get an updated credit report for yourself. Kind regards, Ash @ SocietyOne

Hey just wondering if you do those loans to people who are buying a house and need money for a deposit? Thanks.
Hi Helix, thank you for your question! Unfortunately we can not provide a loan if the purpose is to put it towards a house deposit. If you have any questions, please call us on 1300 144 221. We apologise for any inconvenience. Kind regards, Ash @ SocietyOne

SocietyOne
Contact Number 1300 144 221
Address45 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Email Address customer.service@societyone.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Interest Ratefrom 7.50% p.a.
Comparison Rate from 9.51% p.a.
Monthly Fee $0.00