• Loan TypeFixed Rate (503), Variable Rate (92) and Line of Credit (12)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan Term3.989 years

Mary

Mary

time wasting

we have very good credit, two working jobs, own a home and asked for 20k got declined :) took 2 days for a respond. they also need to access your bank records. so its judged on the entire spending habits not your actual credit score or your assets. Its easier to get a mortgage loan and bank loan then it would be to get it from them. Dont waste your time because now we have a mark on our records.

Mrev

Mrev South East Queensland, QLD

Great company , helped when the bank would not

I would highly recommend this company . They’re easy to deal with and the customer service has always been good. The interest rate of my loan was competitive and To be honest I would use society one for another loan before a bank any day of the week.

Kallie

KalliePerth, WA

Terrible service

I have received some marketing from Society One offer a low interest personal loan. I liked that they offer to check your credit score and if they would be able to borrow you money. It was all good and I received an pre approved loan. After a couple of hours they declined the loan. Now, my credit score is affected. Very irresponsible. I dont recommend this company.

Suzze

SuzzeSouth East Queensland, QLD

application

don't bother if you are a pensioner, own your own home and car outright and have a regular income. Only needed to consolidate 2 credit cards, for not a very large amount. Go figure!

Personal financiers

Society one provided very prompt execution of obtaining personal loans. There was minimal input from my end and they made it so simple in the end that by the time the application went in to available funds was within a day. Check Society one out before you choose another financier you will be pleasantly surprised.

Ellen Bratasiuk

Ellen BratasiukGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick and Easy to Apply

Application process was simple and straight to the point. You are able to see your rate, prior to applying and this does not affect your credit score. Customer Service was excellent, response times are quick and rates are in line with the BIG 4 banks.

SMH

SMHSydney, NSW

Quick efficient and effective

I hadn’t been in the market to borrow money for some time, and liked the look of this product. Made an online application and the next day a most decent human called me to discuss my needs and it was approved with an email in record time. The process was quick and respectful and I was very happy with the outcome.

Application Process
J B.

J B.Sydney, NSW

Society one's Tv Adverts are a Scam on Channel 7

I applied for a Personal loan so that I can consolidate,after watching the Tv ad I was impressed and checked my Credit score on Society One and my rating came to Very Good,now as per Tv they are always promoting 6.99%,I knew my rate may be a bit higher but I still tried to my surprise it was 14.99%- 17.99% .. wow ! i mean Just wow,this whole thing is just a scam they should be shut down for misleading people who are in need of some assurance that they can manage their money and live a little easier. Please do not believe what they say on tv its not true.

Ash K.SocietyOne

Quick and easy application process

I was looking into taking out a loan but decided not to carry on with the loan process because I realised that it would cost me more to have the consolidation loan. But the process was very simple and I would have got the loan given my credit history as well - my credit score is 820 so it is above average so I’m not a risk to lenders as I always make payments on time. Always check your credit score as this does make a difference when trying to borrow money. 600 and above is favoured by lenders.

Nattbond

NattbondSydney, NSW

Great customer service experience

Friendly and quick response service very attentive and detailed without the over the top jargon. Satisfied my needs and requirements for the stage of my finance. I look forward to maintaining a strong relationship with society one.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2021
Happy Customer

Happy CustomerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Loan's made easy!

Prompt, attentive and easy to deal! For a company that deals largely though an online medium I have found them to be responsive with a very personalised approach which I believe is what often is lacking in many companies today. So not only does Society One offer a great responsive and personalised service they also happen to offer a very competitive loan rate.

Great Service

Perfect service very attentive and detailed without the over the top jargon.
The produce will adequately service my needs and requirements for the stage of my financial direction. I look forward to maintaining a strong relationship with society one.

Brian Moore

Brian MooreSydney, NSW

Rip off

Hi I applied for a loan and was successful but on further investigation they want to charge $995 establishment fee. What a joke banks only charge $250 they are just preying on the needy. Stay away.

wormsonfire

wormsonfireNorthern Region, NSW

Perfect

The application process was simple and easy to complete... all information provided is easy to understand and help if required is just a click away... competitive rates to top it off...

Johann D.

Johann D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect service highly recommend

Very speedy service fantastic people to deal with. Highly recommend society one for a personal loan.
I am very impressed with them and will use them again if need be in the future

Society one is perfect

You guys are genius.same day apply same day approval and same day got money.Hats off to you people.
Customer service is excellent
No hidden charges and no issues
I must recommend people

Someone finally looked....

NewS1Fan

NewS1FanWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Unexpectedly Awesome

Application was so quick and easy.
In 12hrs I had a call from a lovely lady to discuss my paperwork and less than an hour later got an email to say loan was approved. So good. I can honestly say I have never had such a good experience dealing with a regular bank even after being a customer of one for around 12 years. Now just awaiting funds deposit and commencement of loan payments.
To this point would recomend Society one to anybody. Hope the rest of the process is so well done. Very pleased

Narelle

NarelleVictoria

Super Fast

Great customer service. The application process was very straight forward.
I’m happy with the rate considering my current financial situation. Flexible loan repayment options.
Super fast. Money paid out within 36 hours of applying.

Heidi

Heidi

Personal loan

Such an easy process to apply for my personal loan.
From the start of the application to when the funds were in my bank was only a matter of a few days.
Great service, would highly recommend

Frequently Asked Questions about SocietyOne

What are the interest rates on a loan from from SocietyOne?

For 2 - 3 Year Terms:

Credit RatingInterest Rate (min)Interest Rate (max)Comp Rate (min)Comp Rate (max)
Excellent5.95%8.99%5.95%12.32%

Excellent5.95%9.99%5.95%10.70%
Very Good10.49%11.19%11.20%12.05%
Good11.69%13.99%12.56%14.88%
Average14.99%19.99%15.88%20.93%

What are the establishment fees and how do I know what my credit rating is?

If you know your credit score, you can refer to the table below:

Credit RatingRating NameMin ScoreMax Score2 & 3yr IR5yr IRFee2 & 3yr CR5yr CR

Latest Consumer Questions

Ryan K.

Ryan K.asked

SocietyOne

I'm applying, is there another was submitting Bank Statements? I don't really feel comfortable submitting my login.

Ash K.SocietyOne

Hi Ryan, thank you for your question!
You can email your bank statements to credit.plu@societyone.com.au. Please note that if you do prefer to email your statements they need to be sent in PDF format for the past 90 days.
Kind regards
Ash - Customer Service

Craig M.

Craig M.asked

SocietyOne

I own 3 homes outright/no debt. total purchase price of all homes one million eight hundred thousand. I have 150,000 in cash for a deposit for another home.would like to borrow 450k I collect 1400 a week in rent from the 3 homes i own, I live at my parents free. I don't work as I am studying to be a monk. My father will also go guarantor for the new home I would like to purchase. Question can I get another loan with no job. but I have a lot of collateral. Craig Moore age 54 aussieosho@gmail.com PH 0482046506

Ash K.SocietyOne

Hi Craig, thank you for your question.

It is a requirement that all applicants with us be earning a minimum of $30,000.00 a year in employable income. If you are not working at this time, unfortunately you would not be eligible for a loan with us.

Kind regards,
Ash - Customer Service

Johannes Duynasked

SocietyOne

I have problems in getting a credit card I am a pensioner I only have debit cards and pay my accounts on time I went back to the Netherlands France and Germany last year for six weeks paid from my pension I can ménage my money reasonable well watt advise can you give me so I can have access to I credit card.

Ash K.SocietyOne

Hi Johannes - it is a policy requirement that all applicants with us be earning a minimum of $30,000.00 a year in taxable income.
Therefore, if the pension is your primary source of income, unfortunately we would not be able to assist you with a loan.
Kind regards, Ash @ SocietyOne

Johannes Duyn

I have paid for a holiday 6 weeks in the Netherlands spend a week in France and I have a loan interest free for 12000.00 Dollars with I am paying of 230 Dollars a fortnight I have been able to keep up with all my payments rental phone and electricity up to date I don’t think it is the amount your income is but how you manage your money because I have two pensions coming in different times I would be much better if I had a credit card so I can make my payments through credit card and pay my credit card on the end of the month from my pension so I don’t have to coordinate my payments when my pensions come in.

Johannes Duyn

My loan for 12000.00 Dollars is for dental work What was not covered through the public system

Get an answer from our members and SocietyOne representatives

Compare both SocietyOne
CategoryPersonal LoansPersonal Loans
Offers Peer-to-Peer LendingYesYes
Interest Rate5.95% p.a.5.95% p.a.
Comparison Rate 5.95% p.a.5.95% p.a.
Monthly Fee $0.00$0.00