1,966 reviews
  • Loan TypeFixed Rate (342) · Variable Rate (58) · Line of Credit (9)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan Term3.97 years (385)
Jackie

Jackie

Don't care

I know these companies are all about profits but in the current environment where governments are encouraging us to negotiate lower interest rates I was quite annoyed that Society One would not consider at all. Interest rates are at record lows so to blatantly refuse just tells me to go elsewhere in future. Others have lowered theirs so not asking for something I know doesn't happen :(

If I could rate 0 I would!

Annoyed & SadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Started well but somewhere I would not return to unfortunately ..

Applied for $5000 loan back in 2017 when Society One were advertising like crazy; approved for 11.45% and loan settled 72 hours. Female Loan Officer was very friendly and very professional. Payments came out as scheduled, never missed 1 payment. In fact, I decided to pay out the early due to have spare cash. Fast Forward to 2020, with no further borrowings, no debt and a score > 725 across all 3 credit reporting bureaus, I did a soft credit test out of interest to see how far things have come with Society Once and they no want to hit me as a returning client with a rate 14.95% . No thanks! Good credit should be rewarded with good rates . If I need to look to borrow in the future, I will go back to my main financial institution.

Find out how SocietyOne compares to other Personal Loans

Easy and pleasant to deal with, but high interest rates.

I recently applied for a loan through Society One. The application process was easy to navigate through, documents were easy to upload. I found the process pleasant. We will not go into the interest %. but the application process was good.

Ash K.SocietyOne

Fabulous experience and quick turn around

I would highly recommend this company as I applied for the loan on a Tuesday and after supplying all of the required proof and paperwork my loan was approved and the funds for in my bank the next day!

Loan Start DateMarch 2020
Gilbert Jean Fabrice R.

Gilbert Jean Fabrice R.Sydney, NSW

false interest claims

I just did an application and on the main page they said 7.5% interest on a comparison rate of 9.5% compare to other banks. It is just a lie, after doing the application the interest went up to 17%.
I did not go ahead and there is no way I will ever. This is false advertising just to get people to go to their website.
Be careful Peeps..

Suzanne B.

Suzanne B.Perth, WA

Best lending experience

I recently entered into a loan process with Society One. The entire process from initial application to recieving the funds was the best loan experience I have taken part in. The customer service I received was always professional and were always willing to assist when I raised questions. Once approved the funds were available in my account within 48hrs. I would have no hesitation in recommending Society One to anyone wishing a stress free process.

Ash K.SocietyOne

Never use society one, they will cheat you !

Loan Start DateJanuary 2019
Brendan W.

Brendan W.Sydney, NSW

Automated emails....no good

I have been pre approved pending statements!
I couldn't send e statements the way it was setup so I emailed them on 2 separate occasions.

I keep getting automated emails saying the same thing so I'm gonna say customer service doesn't exist. I'm writing this negative review because I'm guessing they will read this and then check the email instead of sending computer generated responses

Ash K.SocietyOne

Hi Brendan, we're sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with SocietyOne. We will send you a private message shortly so that you can discuss your experience with us further.

Kind regards, Ash @ SocietyOne

Lisa K.

Lisa K.Illawarra, NSW

Can't wait to use again.

Great service, professional, easy application, great rate, no unexpected costs, repayment was actually less than I was quoted, swift reply and money in account very quickly. Totally recommend to everyone.

Karen Wenink

Karen WeninkSydney Surrounds, NSW

This is a great company to obtain a loan from.

The customer service is great and we experienced no issues at we received a very good rate of interest for this loan. Our loan was approved in just a couple of days

Loan Start DateOctober 2019
Gurvinder

GurvinderMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Very reliable and helpful team

Very good customer service and very supportive team ...my experience with the loan was very good and approved very fast . Very satisfied with the customer service and online application was very quick response.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Ash K.SocietyOne

Was an opportunity that i had to go with, such a good choice.

The Customer service was on point. Their was No unexpected cost or issues.
Really satisfied with the rate too, can't complain at all.
Thanks society one!
It's a 5 star rarting for me.

Uga I.

Uga I.South East Queensland, QLD

Fast, Efficient and so convenient

The process was so fast, efficient and completely user friendly for the ease of online lending, your platform hit the mark and the login for statements made everthing super easy.

nette

nette

Absolutely awesome

customer service was excellent could not fault the people I dealt with, explained every extra cost to set up loan, can make extra payments when I want to
Highly recommend SocietyOne

Find out how SocietyOne compares to other Personal Loans

Unbelievable the easiest application ever

From quote of a personal loan to application and uploading documents was so easy and quick . I had an answer within 24 hrs Highly recommend for anyone who is looking for an easy application. Thank you you have saved me money with your great rates.

Peter B

Peter BNorth-West & West coast, TAS

What an amazingly simple process.

After entering different amounts and loan terms onto the website, i was satisfied with this information, especially the rate compared to a "special" rate from my bank. I called customer service to see if the laon could be split between a second hand car and a credit card balance. They said i could do this and i was happy with the friendly service i received. I had to forego the car, but payed out 2 credit cards as a better option for me at this time. I was superimpressed as the money was on my bank account the next day!

Trace

TraceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic service fast and so easy great communication

Brilliant highly recommend this company. Best service I think I have ever had fast quick great communication honestly best service and never dealt with such high quality. I am still in shock how efficient they were.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

Just one word....Awesome!

The whole experience was utterly painless which was super important for me as it wasn’t an easy decision to make. The process was simple, efficient and completely transparent. Nothing hidden, no nasty surprises and the rate was one that comparable. Thank you.

Ash K.SocietyOne

Great product, great communication.

Very friendly, courteous and informative communication. Emails, messages and phone calls are all done with a tone of politeness, which I personally find very refreshing. All this coupled with a great personalised interest rate. Thank you.

Loan Start DateMarch 2019