Statewide

Statewide

See the Best Industry Super Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Statewide? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0
  • Rates and Fees
Billy
BillyAU

0 rating for arrogant customer service

My first experience of the arrogance and rudeness of the old Australian customer service since most customer services relocated offshore. I am just waiting to get time off so I can move my super to another customer friendly super fund. I wrote a letter of complaint and its a few weeks now and no reply. Real arrogance at its worst. I thought my experience was isolated but its seems its an organisational culture from the comments here.

bretann
bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Arrogance and obstinacy personified

Wasting my money, not user friendly, poor customer service

Richard
RichardDarwin, NT

Would prefer to be able to give 0 stars.

Statewide Super refused to send my account to my nominated Superannuation Fund in a timely manner. When they did send it, it was minus almost $5 000 in a one week period of the amount I had accumulated over a 39-year period of continuous work. Statewide claims that the investment option went down in value. In truth the share market rose that week. I was given a variety of reasons as to why the transfer to my nominated fund did not occur. Avoid this company.

Horrible! Such a nightmare!

If only I could give no stars for this company. Horrible! Deducted $485 on my account for insurance premium which is supposedly just $6 a month! And the nerve of cancelling my insurance after because I have insufficient amount left! Now they can’t explain what happened and leave me hanging as to where did my money go!

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Meg
MegSouth Australia

Disgraceful service - will change to another fund

Waited over 40 minutes to get through, rang back again and waited another 30 minutes - with so many funds to choose from - I am looking around.

Deb
DebSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Canstar rating, pity about the Customer Service

Proceed with caution - watch the way they take insurance from you - is an automated process. They took $178.00 last month . I did not agree or approve of this - now have to apply for cancellation and a proportion refund - I am 64 yrs old...why would I agree to $178.00 per month insurance when my contribution is only 200.00 per month. This company is not offering any supportive service. Staff are matter of fact and ho hum with no empathy. Biggest mistake I made was to leave AMP.....they may charge more fees but customer service exemplary.

Waiting 20 mins on phone

Waited 20 mins to speak to someone than hang up. Horrible service. All phone calls are not important to you!

PG18
PG18Melbourne

Can't update investment mix online over several weeks

I have recently joined Statewide. I am fast regretting my decision to join them. I haven't been able to change my investment mix online over several weeks. I even notified them weeks ago but they didn't fix the issue. I also felt the process of establishing an account with them was strange as I wasn't given an account number until my employer made a payment. I haven't received a welcome pack my mail after several weeks. I don't recommend Statewide at all. I feel I am living a super nightmare.

Anna
AnnaCentral Queensland, QLD

Expensive and unfair.

As mentioned by other reviewers the insurance on this Super is not only expensive but difficult to remove.
Furthermore the administration fees are quite high and yoy can easily find a better performing fund quite easily for less.
However, be careful when you rollover to a new fund, they'll squeeze as much out of you as possible, so be prepared to take a hit (exit fees, administration fees, insurance, etc.)
I wish I had done better research and not allowed my employer to nominate a super provider for me all those years ago. So much hard earned money down the drain.

David J. Mallett
David J. MallettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Retirement Processing

finding it VERY difficult to get hold of my money

I rang, requested forms to claim my super, nothing arrived, rang again 2wks later, somebody emailed me some told me I could email everything back. Wrong! They need the original signed ID certification. I asked for best address to get it right to the person, they gave me the Wrong address! Go & get another one! Easy when you live miles away from everything. Great to have staff that don't know their own protocols or even their own work address! Not their money,they don't care. It was bad enough that I had trouble getting them to cancel the insurance on it, but trying to get hold of my own money, that's even more difficult.

John
JohnAdelaide

They add insurance without asking and will charge you for it

Awful, was forced to join this super company by my new employer which is illegal anyway. When I received my 'Welcome package' I found I had been given two types of insurance that I hadn't asked for. When I called to have this cancelled I was told I would need to fill out a form and send it to them and that the charges to my account could not be reversed. Do not join!

Jonathan2009
Jonathan2009Adelaide

Insurance I didn't know about.

I got my statement in September and discovered that half my super from last year was taken to pay for insurance I didn't ask for. I researched this and Statewide charge a 20% administration fee for insurance on top of the $78 administration fee. Taking twice for a lousy service, Not fair.

Hidden insurance that ate my super.

My Postal Address Keeps On Changing!