Terrible & Dangerous Pram

Front wheels keep getting stuck sideways. Very dangerous pram to use. We bought the pram from a large reputable baby store, however they and all their other stores have now closed down. We contacted “the service company” and got replacement wheels sent out to us but the issue is still the same. The service company even admitted to having this issue with this model. So the service company was aware of the issue and their resolution was to send us faulty replacement wheels!!! Appalling customer service!! If the service company knows their product is defective a recall should be in place or replacement pram/ refund provided. The steelcraft brand is supposed to be good, but we are very disappointed with this pram and resolution provided.

Purchased in February 2018.

Safety
Suitable for RunningNo
Functionality
Manoeuvrability
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Jon, thanks for your review and we are sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please give us a call on 1300 330 330 as we would like to discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Biggest disappointment

Steelcraft sprint is the worst purchase i have ever done in my life. The front wheels dont work properly they don’t turn and always slide to the opposite direction. I will not recommend this to anyone as a first time mum it was very hard and frustrating i wish i could get my money back!

Hi Kinza, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss the issue that you're having with your stroller. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Caused grey hairs.

I Purchased this pram for my at the time 1 year old - October 2017.
My experince with this pram has been frustrating from the start. I purchased it from Better Baby Deals in Bunbury WA, the customer service man that "assisted" me was not helful at all, I'm a first time mum that didn't have any knowledge of prams and how they work. I had a lot of questions about this pram particularly because it folds up and down very differently to the average pram. My questions were not answered, I left the shop feeling deflated and judged.
It took me a good couple of weeks to master the folding of the pram, many swear words were thrown in carparks but now I can say that it's very well compacted for its size, it's fairly lightweight and the handle on the side is a blessing.
Now, that's about all of the positive feedback I have about this product. A year on the font wheels get stuck sideways, it's extremely difficult to manoeuver around shops, I have to lift the front wheels to get around corners which is hard work because the back wheels are just stiff. This pram makes shopping etc a more hectic and frustrating experience than my 2 year old son. The seat isn't right either, my son's bum doesn't sit back and down enough, his bum always ends up sitting too far forward and the strap between the legs doesn't extend long enough, it strangles his crutch.
I am a fan of Steelcraft but this product is a piece of [Word Removed].

Hi Poppi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Steelcraft products have a 24-month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your purchase receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for inspection or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our fully authorised repair specialists, please see their details below: WA, Osborne Park, 6017, 08 9444 7261 If you would like to go direct please give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can provide you with a reference number. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Waste of money

This pram is around 6 months old and has had reasonably light usage but already the front wheels don't work properly. They slide along sideways and give the stroller a mind of its own. Its difficult to manoeuvre in shops and downright dangerous at times in busy areas.
The brakes are also terrible and difficult to engage at times. The wrist strap is tiny and much too small for my husband's hands.
I did love the size and weight of this pram as well as the large sunshade and it was great for keeping in the car for trips out and about with bub. But 6 months on, this pram is terrible and the shop that sold it to us has gone into administration. We are finding it difficult to chase down a warranty for the purchase.
Don't waste your cash.

Hi Meg, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Steelcraft Sprint. We would like to arrange for your stroller to be assessed by one of our authorised repair centres as Steelcraft products have a 24-month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please feel free to give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can point you in the right direction. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Disappointed

Bought Steelcraft Sprint about 4 months ago - ok at start. Now the front wheels don't work properly. They don't turn - the slide sideways. I have to lift the front of the stroller every time. I am generally a big supporter of Steelcraft (capsule, Argyle, portacot), this one is a miss.

Hi Alesya, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear that you're disappointed. Steelcraft products have a 24-month repair warranty, which covers faulty materials & workmanship when used under normal conditions for the warranty period. We will repair the products free of charge within 24 months of purchase however they will need to inspect to see if they are covered by our warranty. Please return your stroller along with your receipt to your place of purchase so that they can arrange for it to be returned to us for inspection or alternatively you can book an appointment directly with one of our fully authorised repair specialists, please see their details below: VIC, Essendon North, 3041, 03 9379 5292, SA, Seaford, 5169, 0407 600 500, QLD, Stafford, 4053, 07 3356 6089, WA, Osborne Park, 6017, 08 9444 7261, NSW, Taren Point, 2229, 1300 308 435 If you would like to go direct please give our team a call on 1300 303 330 so we can provide you with a reference number. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Steelcraft sprint dont waste your money

Not sturdy
Waste of money.
I want my money back, I've used it since my daughter was born in January 2018 and she currently weighs 5kgs and the wheels wobble and are not sturdy at all, any one would think the pram is weighed down by 30+ kg. (Purchased in sept 2017 whilst pregnant)

Ive called babys r us and asked about a refund and potentially putting money towards another sturdier pram but this isn't an option apparently. Where's my consumer rights Britax/Steelcraft? Britax/steelcraft require I have the pram assessed and repaired before they will even think about refunding my money.

Front wheels lock from time to time and im constantly lifting the pram and shaking them to unlock them. Back wheels wobbly and look like they are going to fall off.
The foot rest doesn't stay clicked on an angle towards the pram.

I want my money back...
Unhappy customer.

Great looking lil stroller other than that don't get sucked in!!!!

Wouldn’t buy again

It was good to start with but 4 months down the track and I want to throw it out. The front wheels were never great on smooth surfaces but now they don’t swivel properly on any surface. I have resorted to raising the front two wheels every time I go into a store, as it is easier than pushing it with all 4 wheels, or locking and unlocking the front wheels whenever you enter or leave somewhere. The drink holder has never worked. If you put a bottle of water in it, it is ok for a bit, then rotates and tips the bottle out. I knew when I bought it, the folding mechanism was awkward. This was acceptable at the time for me, as it seemed sturdier than a normal umbrella stroller and had storage underneath.

Hi Dru, we are sorry that you have had a negative experience with our Steelcraft Sprint. We will certainly pass on your comments to our product innovation team. In the meantime, if you would like to discuss any of the issues in person, please give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Hi guys, I'm reading lots of bad reviews about the front wheels. Have you improved this on your newer models? Thanks
Hi Tan, thanks for your question regarding the Steelcraft Sprint. We are always trying to improve through customer feedback to enhance the users experience. To date, we have sold out of the Steelcraft Sprint. Here is a link to our current Lightweight Strollers range. https://www.britax.com.au/strollers/lightweight-strollers/ If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.I just purchased this pram today from Kmart Oxenford Qld. I bought it for my grandson but after reading the reviews I am ready to take it back before I even unpack itDecided to give it a try, and straight away the wheels are locked. What a heap of crap!

Can this be used as a baby carrier too? Can this be used as a car seater too? Do you have such combined products?
I’m not familiar with their other products, but this one is not suitable as a baby carrier or car seat. It is a stroller only.Hi Sachi, thanks for your question. The Sprint isn't a travel system stroller and doesn't have the ability to attach a capsule. If you have any further questions please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 or LiveChat at https://www.britax.com.au/ kind regards, The SteelcraftTeam

Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers