Stihl BG 86 C-E

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Stihl

• Safety

Stihl BG 86C blower/vacuum shredder

Purchased at Stihl Dealer.

Michael
MichaelHunter Region, NSW

Not a good shredder

Purchased in December 2020 at Stihl Dealer for $400.

Stihl 86 hand blower

I owned and operated lawn care service over 20 years: always used Stihl products. I believe I have bought my last new one. this new one was the hardest to start new . Clerk had difficulty first time starting. I used it lightly for ten minutes, did not idle start then die. New one did not perform like the previous ones I bought. I buy Stihl products because they have been superior to other brands I have used. I have changed my mind I will try other brands. More money for Stihl products, The quality seems to be lacking

Jimbo
JimboPerth, WA

Good for old arms

I had a BG85 for many years but the starting was getting too hard for me and the vibrations meant I had to swap hands. The easy start on this is excellent and the anti vibration mounted on rubber motor means I don't have to worry about swapping hands at all. It is also much quieter than the old blower, this makes you think its not as powerful but in fact its slightly better.

Purchased in July 2021 at Stihl Dealer for $399.

Lyell A.
Lyell A.Perth, WA

Awesome bit of kit!

Great addition to the garden power tools. Upgraded from an electric blower and I'm happy I did. Way more power and ease of use! I'll be sure to invest in more Stihl gear at this rate

Purchased in March 2021 at Northside Pet Superstore for $379.

Phil Mc Cracken
Phil Mc CrackenAU

Awesome blower Stihl BG86

What can I say about this blower, except it's fantastic so smooth and powerful the anti vibration is amazing so comfortable to use.
It has a fair bit more power than my previous echo which was also an outstanding machine.
It's easy to start,idles great and will get more power once engine loosens up.
As with any quality machine use good oil (Stihl ultra HP 50:1) and do a bit if maintenance every so often and it will last a very long time

Purchased in December 2020 at Stihl Dealer for $379.

Chinajunk

This thing is an absolute turd, we have an older one at work that says made in Germany and it is a beast, this one says "Made from global components" which means it's built in a sweatshop in china by 10 year olds, it has at best 25% of the power of the older version. Absolute utter and complete junk.

Purchased in November 2020 for $250.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
damo t.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent machine starts easily

This blower vaccum is reccomended for lighter to medium commercial use. It has a lot of blowing power for a handheld and the anti vibration is great. If you are a homeowner this machine has more than enough power to get the job done. I would highly recommend it. Alot better than buying husqvarna a Chinese brand or echo you need to get one of these.
Great as a vaccum too

Purchased in October 2018.

Juan G.
Juan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect Blower for my usage needs meets my gardening power tool requirements

Purchased in January 2020 for $349.

Bbrrrr
BbrrrrSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wow so easy to start!

Strongly agree with scot m 5 star all the way! Never a problem with stihl use blowers and trimmers and have a small HSA 25 which has ample power. Have a 94 RCE and is great. Easy to start..... Super easy to start have to put in no effort at all and like the cruise control and shut off lever. So power full had an older model and I think that one was bit more powerful but this has plenty. Also very quiet don’t even need earmuffs. So good
#loveit

Purchased for $350.

I don't care what others say!

I don't care what others say... this is five star all the way, and the gutter kit is totally awesome! Sure you and buy an Asian brand online BUT... service, I read a review that the closest service center was a 400 mile drive for a top selling Asian brand, you can't ship products that you have put gas in. What good is a warranty if the drive is 800 miles round trip for service :( Gas... why do customers use bad gas then write bad reviews... I use ethanol free True Fuel, it's the best... found out ethanol kills small engines... five star all the way!!!

john
john

Rip off

I too was a dealer for stihl for over 25 years and found the same dramatic drop in quality without a drop in the price from stihl, especially since most parts are made in china now. Very disappointing from stihl as they are abusing peoples trust in their quality, which is now no better than all the other chinese equipment you can buy on ebay ( but which is much cheaper than stihl equipment). Have shifted to selling Japanese brands which have always been great but not well known due to lack of advertising and promotion which is the only thing that stihl has done well ( but without product quality to back up their quality claims)

Purchased in April 2018.

Really Stihl..... Really

I've been in business 23 years and I've always used Stihl blowers and trimmers. I'm a one-man operation . You used to be a great company that made things that last now you're lucky if you get one and a half two years out of them. Got a blower in 2016 that froze up and 1 in 2017 that froze up on me today. I always use the same gas oil mixture. I still have blowers from 10 or more years ago that still run as long as you play with the choke while running it... But it runs!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
aumegm
aumegmAdelaide, South Australia

Stihl BG 86 C-E

Have used the Stihl BG 86 C-E commercially, often up to 8hrs per day without any issues.

Suitable for use in very dusty areas, thanks to the HD2 filter. With STIHL anti-vibration, Easy2Start, 2-MIX engine and locking throttle. The BG 86 C-E is the professionals choice for clearing large areas.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Stihl BG 86

Just bought a new BG 86 after my old one of about ten years died. Yes the new one is easy to start but has half the power of the old one. I have had it back to the dealer twice and they claim this is the best it will run. And the best part is I have had this blower for a little over a month and the return policy is seven days. So looks like I have to eat the $250.00

Date PurchasedMay 2018