• Safety

Chinajunk

This thing is an absolute turd, we have an older one at work that says made in Germany and it is a beast, this one says "Made from global components" which means it's built in a sweatshop in china by 10 year olds, it has at best 25% of the power of the older version. Absolute utter and complete junk.

Purchased in November 2020 for A$250.00.

damo t.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent machine starts easily

This blower vaccum is reccomended for lighter to medium commercial use. It has a lot of blowing power for a handheld and the anti vibration is great. If you are a homeowner this machine has more than enough power to get the job done. I would highly recommend it. Alot better than buying husqvarna a Chinese brand or echo you need to get one of these.
Great as a vaccum too

Purchased in October 2018.

Juan G.

Juan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect Blower for my usage needs meets my gardening power tool requirements

Purchased in January 2020 for A$349.00.

Bbrrrr

BbrrrrSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wow so easy to start!

Strongly agree with scot m 5 star all the way! Never a problem with stihl use blowers and trimmers and have a small HSA 25 which has ample power. Have a 94 RCE and is great. Easy to start..... Super easy to start have to put in no effort at all and like the cruise control and shut off lever. So power full had an older model and I think that one was bit more powerful but this has plenty. Also very quiet don’t even need earmuffs. So good
#loveit

Purchased for A$350.00.

Safety

I don't care what others say!

I don't care what others say... this is five star all the way, and the gutter kit is totally awesome! Sure you and buy an Asian brand online BUT... service, I read a review that the closest service center was a 400 mile drive for a top selling Asian brand, you can't ship products that you have put gas in. What good is a warranty if the drive is 800 miles round trip for service :( Gas... why do customers use bad gas then write bad reviews... I use ethanol free True Fuel, it's the best... found out ethanol kills small engines... five star all the way!!!

john

john

Rip off

I too was a dealer for stihl for over 25 years and found the same dramatic drop in quality without a drop in the price from stihl, especially since most parts are made in china now. Very disappointing from stihl as they are abusing peoples trust in their quality, which is now no better than all the other chinese equipment you can buy on ebay ( but which is much cheaper than stihl equipment). Have shifted to selling Japanese brands which have always been great but not well known due to lack of advertising and promotion which is the only thing that stihl has done well ( but without product quality to back up their quality claims)

Purchased in April 2018.

Really Stihl..... Really

I've been in business 23 years and I've always used Stihl blowers and trimmers. I'm a one-man operation . You used to be a great company that made things that last now you're lucky if you get one and a half two years out of them. Got a blower in 2016 that froze up and 1 in 2017 that froze up on me today. I always use the same gas oil mixture. I still have blowers from 10 or more years ago that still run as long as you play with the choke while running it... But it runs!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
aumegm

aumegmAdelaide, South Australia

Stihl BG 86 C-E

Have used the Stihl BG 86 C-E commercially, often up to 8hrs per day without any issues.

Suitable for use in very dusty areas, thanks to the HD2 filter. With STIHL anti-vibration, Easy2Start, 2-MIX engine and locking throttle. The BG 86 C-E is the professionals choice for clearing large areas.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Stihl BG 86

Just bought a new BG 86 after my old one of about ten years died. Yes the new one is easy to start but has half the power of the old one. I have had it back to the dealer twice and they claim this is the best it will run. And the best part is I have had this blower for a little over a month and the return policy is seven days. So looks like I have to eat the $250.00

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Paddy

Paddy

Best petrol powered blower around

Date PurchasedMar 2018

My old one was better

I purchased my second Stihl BG86 about 6 months ago. The biggest problem I've had with it is the muffler screws keep coming loose and snap off, I've taken it back to the Stihl shop to be fixed twice now, but the same problem continues, also it seems a lot harder to start and warm up compared to my other one. I think i'll try Husqvarna next.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Mike

MikeShepparton

A Good Blower with a SideStep

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Tim Pearson

Tim PearsonPerth, WA

Average

A good lightweight blower I guess. It mostly starts on the first pull. However it warms up like some medievil tractor and the carby fuel adjustments are factory locked. The unit has a high centre of gravity, once placed on unusual terrain it tips over on as little as 5-10 degrees. It struggles to get power. The first top range blowers used to have an electric switch. They foolishly did away with that award winning design and replaced it with levers. The throttle set lever is good but when you try to turn that feature off you end up turning the blower off completely. So its a good lightweight blower that doesn't stand upright, with some levers, rest in peace award winning design.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Yunnos

YunnosGold Coast

Early days, but plenty of grunt

Date PurchasedJan 2018

A step up from my last Sthil Blower

Date PurchasedNov 2017
BPOz_12

BPOz_12Mid North Coast, NSW

Early days but worth every cent

The BG 86 C-E starts easily every time, revs easily, but still moves small sticks and leaves easily. We have a large cement driveway and heaps of eucalypts and it moves the twigs and wet leaves easily. Have owned less than a week but very happy. After slaving away trying to start and use a 5 in 1 slasher/trimmer from Yukon, the BG86 is a dream.

Date PurchasedJun 2017