Stihl FS 85

Fantastic Reliable Robust Brushcutter has never let me down

Noise Level
Safety

The best no doubt

The best there is ! faultless performance over many years. Used regularly sometimes all day. Very comfortable with a harness. Can’t fault this gem of a brushcutter. Easy starting. Strong motor I can’t recommend this tool highly enough for anyone looking for a serious brushcutter at a reasonable price. Buy one

Date PurchasedMar 2013

2 hours of use...clutch and throttle problems 1st day of use

I purchased my Stihl yesterday...after reading the generally positive reviews on this site. I got two hours of use out of it before the throttle stopped working and the engine would stall. Returned the product to dealer...they diagnosed a faulty clutch.

My product had a sticker on the side saying made in Brazil...perhaps the Brazilians should stick to making pina coladas and mojitos.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Stihl FS 85 compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Jodie from Jindy

Jodie from JindyAU

Love my new FS 85

Great powerful whipper snipper! Lightweight Easy to start and super strong. Cuts through everything on our bush block. I love the bull arms when using for hours! Long shaft is s bit awkward but the harness that came with it makes it easy to use. I'm only 5"7 and I love it! Hope it lasts forever.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Drew t

Drew tQueensland

Love it

Love this machine very good would recommend this product to any one it gose though the toughest weeds in its path runs good when i got it home i did the whole yard in 1tank of petrol changing the cord is a bit tricky you can put a brush cutting blade on it

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Sad Stihl buyer

Sad Stihl buyerWhitsunday

After only 2 years of light domestic work - the clip broke off the hook on the harness of my Genuine

The Stihl FS85 is no better machine than any of the many other brands that are all less than half the price of stihl and their parts are much less expensive and much more easily available than Stihl are. Many tricks and traps to be careful of when dealing with STIHL. Stihl is not any easier to maintain than any of the other cheaper and often much better value machines. Simple parts are not available for STIHL but they have traps to catch you in like a broken hook & clip - Stihl's answer - pay another $127 for a complete new harness (I can have the clip & hook locally custom made for $22) I would never buy any STIHL product ever again. They got me once - that's once to much.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

15 Years of no problem performance that even my wife enjoys using

One of four Stihl products I own. The others are two handheld leaf blowers and a backpack blower. Never a problem to start. Other than the string head and spark plug, everything is original. Takes great care of our 3 acre parcel with about 100 trees and many rocks. Replaced the head with an aftermarket unit that uses pre-cut lengths of .130 line. I prefer that to the OEM bump head. Also replaced the spark plug with an E-3. Always use Stihl 2-cycle oil. Wish I had purchased a Stihl chain in the 70's instead of a Homelite.

John HB

John HBINMAN

Best Trimmer on the market

Mine is at least twenty years old. While I'm not a commercial landscaper I have a large yard with over an acre that has wooded borders. So I'm weedwacking Poison Ivy, Virginia Creeper etc..., using it as an edger along the driveway and the expansion joints. The only complaint I have is getting line tough enough to support my misuse of the machine. I've replaced the plug every year and cleaned the filter but nothing else. The primer bulb just sprung a leak yesterday so I'll have to replace that now! and best machine I've ever had. The best has been my 034 Stihl Chain Saw that just turned 30 years old!

Hot problem

Incredible, the engine drop down from the tube because of hot of the engine. Was totally insane. Poor quality. Don't buy this one. My Stihl said made in Brazil. Horrible!

Petrol Whipper Snippers