Stilford Electric Adjustable Desk

Stilford Electric Adjustable Desk Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Stilford Electric Adjustable Desk? Claim your listing.
Terry
Terry

I have an Officeworks sold Stilman desk. The power pack is Broken. Seems impossible to get parts ?

Noha S.
Noha S.

I got the desk but item number 3 which is the flat arms at the top wouldn’t sit properly inside item 2 which is the horizontal body of the main frame. This item seems smaller than the frame and I can’t seem to push the a screws in :( either there is a defect or I’m doing something wrong

Nat P.
Nat P.

Just bought a Stilford 1500 electric desk for hubby. Totally assembled now but only one leg is working (right). Have attempted the reset as per instructions multiple times and it resets to 067 however as soon as you press the up arrow to raise the desk it faults E60. Have checked all the leads as per instructions to no avail. Anyone had this issue and know how to fix?

DavidN

There are two motors with the later models kept in sync by the controller. Mine is an older model with single motor.

E60 means out of step. Only way is to press down, see the E60 code. Then reset by holding down button for 5s. Here is a video about resetting.

Failing that, suggest contacting officeworks. All the best, appreciate updating here for everyone’s benefit, please. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Natalie C.

We’ve purchased a 3 leg Stillford s2 corner desk and cannot get our benches to sit flush because our legs raise to different heights. We’ve reconstructed the desk 4 times now, done all the usual connection/plug in/ plug out power resets and all are even “067” at the lowest point, but when we take them up, they become out of sync. Officeworks have failed to contact me back for 10 days now so I thought you might have a troubleshoot solution. Have you observed this problem with anyone else? Thanks in advance for your assistance, Nat

DavidN

Correct me if I am wrong, s2 has 2 motors. If so, I wonder how it keeps one motor in sync of another. I suggest to check if the legs are straight just in case they are not and each leg is presenting different resistance to the motor affecting speed. There are plenty of videos on youtube about resetting desk Maybe one of them has your answer. Good luck!

Dual motor:
From officeworks: https://youtu.be/TD4PoFEuI6I

Single motor:

Natalie C.

Thanks so much for your response. Sadly I’ve tried all these processes unsuccessfully. I’m finally in touch with someone from Officeworks so hopefully we can rectify the issue. Take care, legend

Shirley R.

Hi, my desk is showing nothing on the screen at all. We have plugged, unplugged, etc still nothing. Any solutions? Other than asking for a new desk?

Hi Shirley,

I assume your Stilford power desk used to work. Only now the display / controller stopped working. First make sure power point has power. Then check power cord and comms cord are plugged in properly and securely. Thank goodness you can’t really plug them in the wrong port unless you really jam them in. The pinout of each cable is different.

Once plugged in current height should be showing on display. If not, suggest this:
1. As per manual, press “S” and up arrow at the same time for 2 seconds to reset the control.
2. Unplug power for a few minutes then plug in again to see if power drains in the circuit resetting the unit.

Failing the above, contact officeworks for support. I reckon these tables / products are oem products so please take what I said with a grain of salt and refer to manual that came with your table for most accurate info.

Good luck.

Shirley R.

Thanks David. We've just bought a second one for our other office, so I'm hoping this one will be an easy fix.

DavidN

I am so glad you like this desk enough to buy a second one. I would too if my wife wants one. Hope your original issue is sorted.

My biggest rant about this table is the control unit, a fairly large box right behind the buttons so I can kick it if I happen to sit more to the left. S2 appears to have unit inside the metal structure hence completely out of the way.

thefishmilkshake

Hi. My desk is in the lowest position and flashing "Set", but when I try the solution above ('S' button and UP for two seconds the only thing that happens is the right hand side of the desk starts to raise while the left doesn't move. Incredibly frustrating. I can't get the left side to move at all. Any help is appreciated.

DavidN

There’s only one motor which drives two rods or axles that are just slotted without locking mechanism. I am guessing the rod might have moved out of position somehow and not catching the gear mechanism on the motor. Remove side caps and check if the rods came off.

Alternatively the leg is stuck. I have had a bit of rust in the leg and imagine that could cause leg to get stuck. Suggest trying to lift table manually to see if it is indeed stuck. If so, try spray some wd40 to see if you could loosen the leg.

thefishmilkshake

Thanks so much for the response. I did consider some self repair of the axles until I noted that it would void my warranty. Made a call to the place of purchase and was surprised when they had zero interest in helping me fix it and simply asked if I'd like a replacement? I took the replacement and they collected the old one. Interestingly, this new one has a different lift mechanism and doesn't have the axle mechanism described above, but individual motors in each leg. Well see how we go. Thanks again.

DavidN

Well done. Good they gave you a replacement! I reckon these are oem products so would change over time and won’t immediately equate your experience with there must be a problem with old desk design. Not all motors are made equal. In fact, I wonder about consistency when two motors are used. There must be tolerance they have to build in unless one motor can sync with another. Here is an interesting article about single vs dual motors. Good luck!

Andrea V.
Andrea V.

Is this desk sturdy enough to support 2 monitors which are 24 inch each?

And those who got the cable tray with the umbilical / snake, where do the cables actually go on the top of the desk? Is there a hole on the tabletop or do they just go to the curved edge at the back?

Andrew A.

It's rated 100kg, so definitely does it. I have 2 24" Dell screens, laptop and a docking station. Cable tray is good to keep all cables above the floor. I have put a switched power board inside. Flexible Cable holder is supposed to be from the tray to underside of table, but they have not provided any holes. Works fine without it. Just make sure the cables don't hook onto table legs, closer to floor. I am thinking of mark & mount the cable holder, will make it a bit more organized.

Richard M.
Richard M.

Anyone aware of a desktop cpu holder that would integrate well with this desk ?

Andrew A.

There's plenty of room on the table top, but you can easily fit a Desktop computer under the desk upto 620mm high without obstructing movements. If you don't have cable tray, you can push it all the way back. Clear space underneath when at lowest position of 720mm, is 640mm. I have two 24" screens, a laptop, a docking station, keyboard, mouse, Spaceball, headset and there's still room for a desktop computer.

Bob

what is the difference between the Stilford S2 SEDK15WWEK advertised on line for $699 and the S2ED15WEKT that I just saw at the North Ryde store for $599.
There seems to be a slightly thinner and lighter table top and slight difference in height adjustment.
I'd rather pay the $599 but cant find it on line!

Rene

Perhaps you could try asking Officeworks (if you haven't already).

Bob

was hoping they would through this network.

DavidN

Doesn’t look like there’s any difference I can find. But I must say I really enjoy the heavy table because it is more sturdy. IKEA electric desk is cheap and light and is known to shake noticeably. I would go for a heavier desk if you plan to have some equipment on it. Try it out to see how sturdy it is.

Bob

Thanks David. I like the idea of a heavier one. More of a case of why $100 more? The only thing I can come up with is that it is that bit thicker. I was also comparing it to their own brand with is less deep and lighter.

Brianw
Brianw

Hi Turn off Collision Force setting in setup. Brian

The Cat

Hi, not sure if Officeworks have a newer model in stock (May 2020). The website information has conflicting data on the lowest height - 720mm in one spot, 675mm in another spot. The Customer Service team are telling me that the lowest height is 720mm and that 675mm is incorrect. I need it to go down to the lower 675mm. Has anyone bought a desk there recently and can confirm the lowest height? Thanks in advance.

Batman

Mine is approx 1-2 years old. It goes down to approx 670-680 mm. I don't have a tape measure to check but the control panel says 67

The Cat

Thanks for the quick reply and for checking your table, Batman. Weird...I also posted on another forum and someone there also has one, but it only goes down to 710mm. Still confused!

DavidN

Officeworks' version goes down to 670mm as review indicated. And you are absolutely right that there is discrepancy between published numbers and actual. In fact, mine came with two instruction manual and one has 2 different load max.

Thanks DavidN,
I actually bought the Stilford from Officeworks a few days ago, and the frame is marked 'Series 2' (indicating, presumably, that there was a 'Series 1'). This Series 2 frame is marked on the box as only going from 720mm-1230mm, so it looks like the newer product doesn't go as low as the older ones. Officeworks acknowledged there were several errors on their website, for example the max load is 120kg instead of 100kg and the warranty was longer. I almost wish I had got the older frame which does go down to 670mm as some people here describe. I ended up returning the Officeworks desk and getting an UpDown desk which goes down to 640mm.

Tim Thorne

my Stilford S2 desk is stuck in lowest position, panel flashing 'Set'. Anyone have a tip to reset or instructions to reset?

Batman

Hold S and press UP. Or something like that. Happens every time it loses power.

perfect. It worked! Thanks

Rene

Stilford Electric Desk Instructions (Copy from leaflet) - hope this helps people.

*START*
Learning and Reset Process

After assembling the desk please complete the following Learning & Reset Process before use.
1. When power is plugged in for the first time (or when power has been cut ff to the desk temporarily such as a power shortage r changing power outlets), the display will flash “SET”.
2. Learning: Press the “s” button and the up arrow button at the same time for 2 seconds. The display will flash “SET”. The table will then starts to run the full stroke down and up in order to record the positions of upper and lower limits. The table will go down to the bottom position, up to top position and then down to bottom position again. After the learning process has finished the display will show “071”.
NOTE: the desk will need to go through this learning process every time the power s cut off to the desk. Do not press any button whilst the desk runs the length as this will end the process and will need to be restarted.

General Operation:
1. Keep pressing button “/\”, the table will move up to the upper limit position.
2. Keep pressing button “\/”, the table will move down to the lower limit position.
3. Standby mode: Display will be off automatically if there is no any button pressed in 20 seconds.

Memory Function:
1. Press button “s” for 2 seconds until the screen flashes. Followed by pressing button “1”. The screen will show “001”. Release the button and the height number will be shown on screen and memorised as position 1.
2. The operation for memorized positions 2, 3, and 4 is similar to the one for position 1.
3.When the screen flashes after pressing the “s” button for 2 seconds, if button 1-4 are not pressed within 10 seconds, the screen will stop flashing and leave the memory mode.
4. Press and hold any button “1”, “2”, “3” or “4”, to move the table height automatically to the memorized position.

Protection Function:
1. OVER HEATING PROTECTION: Display will show “HOT” and halt operation for 1 minute if the desks is in continuous movement for 300 seconds.
2. OVER LOADING PROTECTION: The display will show “E01” when table is loaded with too much weight. Remove some weight before attempting t change the desk height again.
3. ANTI-PINCH PROTECTION: During the moving up and down, the table will move back then stop if a sudden resistance is detected the display will show “E16”.
*END*

Ckp
Ckp

Mine got same issue it says 072 as lowest

Leafy_42
Leafy_42

Finally spoke to an opperator at Office Works and was given the rather convoluted factory reset instructions (which are not in the manual). This reset method worked for my desk which arrived with legs at slightly different heights, and where the enclosed instructions only led to a solenoid type noise but no movement. Don't know whe=y this is not on the internet somewhere. Good Luck

Press “S” button for 3-4 second until it shows “S - - “ and flash.
Press “S” button 1 time to go into the menu showing “Un”.
Press “up” arrow button 2 times until it shows “rSE”.
Press “S” button again the screen will now show “OFF”.
Press “up” button again until it shows “ON”.
Press “S” button again and “ON” will stop flashing. Press “S” button again and screen will now show the current height of the desk.
Hold the “down” arrow for the desk to move down. The higher leg should come down first until it is at the same height as the lower leg. Then screen will now show “E20” then show current height of desk. (If you press “down” arrow and the desk still will not move, please try to hold down the “S” button for 3-4 second until the desk goes down).
Release the “down” arrow button until the screen shows “rES”, desk will automatic go down again until it reaches to the lowest position.
You can use the up and down arrow to adjust your desk height as per normal.