Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Broken Glass

Broken GlassGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Broken Glass

I purchased this washing machine for my holiday home 31/012/2019. Being in a holiday home the machine has had very little use. I have recently arrived home from an overseas trip and need to self quarantine for 2 weeks. As such I arrived at my holiday home with a suitcase full of dirty washing only to find a hole in my washing machine door with a large section of glass on the drum. The home has been vacant and no one has access to the home and as such the glass was not damaged by human intervention. Being in quarantine I cannot return the machine to Aldi and I cannot purchase a new machine.

Purchased at Roasebud for $399.00.

Vincent

VincentMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stirling 8kg front load washing machine

Once I adjusted the balance the machine worked fine. It washes clean.
The shirt cycle is excellent. I am pleased with the number of washing cycles. The spin speeds enable to select for quick drying or minimise creasing with slower speeds. Value for money

Purchased in February 2020 at Churchill Centre Kilburn for $300.00.

KTPSydney, NSW

Best Wash Machine Ever

Bought a 8kg front load Black edition wash machine in mid January 2020 for a bargain.
Turned out to be the best wash machine we ever had
Only critique: Aldi should consider a delivery option in their bulky items on sale.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $199.00.

ThomasMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Super washing machine.

Great washing results, with all types of fabrics. Love the 8 kg saves a lot on water. Extremely quiet during washing cycle.
The only negative point everything comes out very wrinkled.

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for $399.00.

Max cookSouth Australia

Great and dose not use a lot of water and it's got the time and everything else

Great great great great washing machine and dose not use a lot of water and it's got the time and everything else and catches all the dust from the clothes

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

Cheryl

CherylMurray Region, NSW

Great machine

Only had this machine a couple of months and absolutely love it. Easy to use, lots of options. Only fault is spin cycle can be a bit loud, but got used to it in a couple of days. Washes just as well as the more expensive ones. Would highly recommend

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $349.00.

Regine

RegineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not recommendable

Used for linen and mixed clothing . Worked at the beginning, but washing ended with wet item, no spin... gentle washing to all item... the circle times are underestimated... after 12 month of purchased the technician has to come first time... two month later the machine shows an error of E33, according to Sterling Manufacture unrepairable... it lasted all up 14 month . Refund received in our account same day...
Product bad, customer service very good...

Purchased in July 2018 at ALDI for $372.00.

beth ss

beth ssRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Good front loader for medium/small loads

The 6kg barrel will 'just' wash a large queen sized blanket but not a queen sized quilt unfortunately.
It can wash a load of clothes in 15 minutes which is super helpful for people short of time and can heat up the wash water to 60 degrees for a more through and hygienic wash. Lots of wash cycle options and ability to add a custom wash programmed to your settings.

The spin cycle is quite loud (runs up to 1200 rpm) ,but apart from that and the smaller barrel size, the ALDI warranty guarantee is what sold me on the well priced and modern looking machine. Looks more expensive than the $349 I paid for it and I have no regrets.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $349.00.

lisha_gal

lisha_galSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great washing machine. Awesome warranty offered

We purchased from aldi. Great machine. Large enough for our family of four. Quick wash cycle works well and I find it easy to use. I had a small issue with the machine and it was repaired in my home in a timely manner and fixed well. Price was great at $499. I would recommend this machine. Excellent A+++

Purchased in May 2014 for $499.00.

Rubbish

Cheap yes but try and get it fixed when it breaks down that's when they palm you off. Error E62 RRR Never heard of that, must be technical. No hot water and over 2 hours to do a wash. Worked fine until about 4 months out of warranty. Not worth fixing even if I could find out what was wrong with it

Great machine

I bought a Sterling front end loading washing machine from Aldi in 2009 and cost me half of what the going price was for the front end loaders in the electrical stores. I love it. Cleans the clothes very well. Yes, I have had a couple of problems with it but lets face it, you are going to with any washing machine.

Hardly German Quality

A terrible disappointment! Yes it was cheap, and that is about it. It does not wash clothes properly and even on longer cycles, clothes do not look washed at all. Clearly misrepresentation of product. It sells as a washing machine, and performs as a water and power waster. I would have expected more from Aldi as their food is good, but their white goods sometimes miss the mark. This one certainly did. Just a hassle to try to return it again as it is a large object and the service for Stirling white goods is appalling! There is no after sales service. The company is called Tempo and they offer little to no assistance at all.

Ree

Reebateau bay

waste of money

Hel

HelSydney Surrounds, NSW

No after sales service!

My machine is not holding the softener back until last rinsing cycle.
Softener disappears with first washing cycle.
Tempo, a contractor to ALDI should handle after sales and warranty issues.
After explaining my problem Tempo declared this as a NONE fault and as a normal behavior of this particular machine.
ALDI customer service is repeating this unprofessional diagnose after I complained the unprofessional behavior of Tempo.
End of story for ALDI but not for me.
I logged now a complaint with NSW Fair Trading.
I will never buy anything of value from ALDI again!

Mach1AU

Broke down 6 months out of 2 yr warranty

Mach1

In the review I said top loader and must have been having a brain melt down - the machine is a FRONT loader.

edd7139
edd7139

The Cotton Cycle does take 1hr 37min if you make sure the temp is set to cold.

mach114
mach114

Well well. Thanks for that - will check it out.

Terrible

This product is the bane of my existence, within 24 hours of buying it we had an error code (e11) come up on the screen and then had to wait 3 days with our clothes stuck in there for a repair man to press a random button combination to clear the error. Now less than 6 months later it has happened again and it's right on xmas so once again the clothes are going to be locked in the machine for another 3 days and have to be thrown away. There is no online forum help either so do yourself a favour and spend the extra couple of hundred bucks and buy a DECENT washing machine and not this error prone Chinese [censored word removed]
NONE!!! except it was really cheap but apparently you get what you pay for
See "Overall opinion"

Mach1

So what eventually happened? How did you get it repaired?

rybec

rybec

Buy a brand repair men will service

Cheap, descent wash, but when it breaks your stuck and stuck for good.
After 6 months I am still looking for a repair man willing to look at my machine.
Cheap and decent wash
2 weeks before the warranety expired my machine came up with an errror code e21. I couldnt find the receipt in time so the warrenty people told me to go away. It's been six months and I think I might have found a repair man that will LOOK at it. Lucky my parents live close and have a machine I can borrow.

a hopeless wash

minelli
minelli
Mach1

No,. I am talking about the front loader. Model QG65-908E.

Good

Had machine for 18 months. Good machine, no real problems, except for the error E11 message which needed reset instructions, but after receipt was able to fix machine myself. Would buy again.
Good Price from Aldi, but had to arrange transport home & install myself. Washes well. After 18 months had an error E11, which was not listed in manual. Contacted service dept, who emailed me the reset codes, then got code advising filter blocked. Cleaned out filter and all OK.
Manual needs improving.

sams05
sams05

Hi i have exactly the same problem as you after 18 months of haveing this! Could you send me the reset codes by any chance as the after sales team will not as i can not find my proof of purchase.
Sam

cmoroney

cmoroneyAU

Good

Happy with machine. Would buy again.I like the count down timer.The 2 year warranty is good also,they must have confidence to have a warranty that long.
Had the machine 22 months.no problems so far.It is quiet & well balanced.Does a good wash.
Manual could be easier to understand.

Purchased in January 2009.