6Subaru XV

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Subaru XV171 reviews
MegamouseNSWHunter Region, NSW23 posts
KJC
KJC3 posts
Hillary R.
Hillary R.

Always raved about Subaru. Never again

Very disappointed. After owning two Subaru Outbacks, I puchased a brand new XV in late 2018. It drove so well, I was thrilled..until the very end of 2021 when my warranty ran out.

Since then: all the warning lights come on every few thousand kms. It shudders and roughly idles. It loses power. I’ve had to get the engine cleaned and sludge removed due to carbon build up numerous times. Today I was told by my local Subaru dealer that I need a whole new engine! At 60,000 kms. Never again.

I’m a single mum trying to make ends met, and I just want to get from A to B! So disheartened Subaru Show details

Matthew W.
Matthew W.QLDFar North Queensland, QLD7 posts
  XV G4X 2.0i-L

Peeling Steering Wheel- Subaru Australia totally fobbed us

To clarify- my rating is for Subaru Australia's poor after sales service and warranty, the car is great.

We purchased our XV new and take great care of it, the steering wheel started peeling a while back and was mentioned at each service with no warranty given at the dealership. we escalated to Subaru Australia who said point blank it's a wearable item. I agree to a point that items are wearable but how many new cars have peeling steering wheels with a year or two of being purchased.

After a basic google search it's clear that this is a model and brand wide issue for Subaru, it's a faulty, not fit for purpose item which should be replaced or repaired under warranty.

I won't buy another Subaru. Show details

Overall
Noise Level
Ffi
FfiTASLaunceston, TAS5 posts
  XV G5X 2.0i Premium AWD

Paint is chipping in odd spots, is the paint ok?

I bought a brand new 2021 XV and had the car Permaguarded paint protected prior to collection in February (2022) this year, I have travelled just over 7,000 km. In the past few of weeks, tiny chips in the paint have started appearing, right down to the metal, the paint colour is Plasma Yellow Pearl. Is there anything wrong with the actual paint. The chips are high up on front passenger door and in middle of boot, the spots seem out of the way for flying stones to hit ….. Otherwise, the car is terrific! I use the car for Highway / street driving, it is off street, in a carport overnight. The car is used at least three times per week and has it’s regular service checks. Show details ·  3
Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
LAR
LARWAPerth, WA
  XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD

Love my Subaru XV

I owned a 2012 model and then bought a 2022 model because I just really liked it. Was a good price point for me, I like the dash and the steering wheel feeling like it had weight (wasn't a fan of the sparse look of other cars). I really like the extra ride height. The only issue is space - sometimes I throw my bike in the back but it takes a bit of working out in the new version.
I usually commute just to work but have taken it on the occasional road trip and its done well so far. Show details ·  1
Trevor D.
Trevor D.TASHobart, TAS
  XV G5X 2.0i-L AWD

Love the car, interior wearing prematurely

Daily drive, purchased new 2020. No mechanical issues serviced as per log book. Front drivers seat stitching starting to wear at 40k have purchased seat covers but this is my only issue. Show details ·  1
Don
DonNSWSydney, NSW

Great car but Apple CarPlay connection is making me mad

It is my daily car to drive to work. Great car to drive but I have been frustrated with the Apple CarPlay which keeps cutting on and off on warm day. The worst time is the hot day in summer which it would take more than 15 minutes to connect to CarPlay. Talked to Subaru Service when I put my car in for service. Of course, no issue occurring during service and they reckoned that my USB cable was no good. I have tried many new cables and the problem doesn’t go away. Show details
Bernard
Bernard2 posts

Great car

Looks great and fits in with the best
We had a good look around on most competitors
This car ticks all boxes
Enough power for around town and country travelling
Very comfortable for 2 people,without having to use a ladder to get into Show details ·  1
peter-pr13949
  G4X
Gary Fazio
Gary FazioNSWMid North Coast, NSW3 posts
  XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD

This is the best car without doubt for safety and comfort in its range

I use this car family transport and transportin my golfing equipment.
I use this car every day.
I get this car serviced as per the service manual and have had no issues. Show details ·  1
Jets
JetsNSWSydney, NSW2 posts
  XV G5X 2.0i Premium AWD

Perfect car without a punch

Perfect for city drive and weekend getaway. But every time you stop in front of traffic light you’ll wish it’s a 2.5 or turbo version you can’t buy in Australia Show details ·  1
carly
carlyVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

I Love my car

I bought my subaru xv in the top of the line petrol version in the pale blue or khaki grey colour. I love my car. Its a joy to drive. Its big enough for my 6.3 foot boyfriend to be comfortable in yet its small enough to park. When you put the seats down you can get a lot in it. The colour is stunning and its just a pleasure to drive. I hope hope hope it will be reliable. Haven't had it long enough to tell. Show details ·  1

Kerri
Kerri · XV G4X (2015-2017)

Hi, I’m considering buying a 2015 G4X. Auto, 253000 klms. Does anyone have any advice? $10 000 with full service history

Andrew F.
Andrew F. · XV

I have two black spots on the screen of camera / radio can I get rid of them or do I need to replace screen.

terry a.
terry a. · XV

why does my subaru xv model my14 2.01 2016 steering wheel lock when I turn on the ignition, other than this I am perfectly happy with this reliable car.

Compare all Subaru XV listings
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $40,359$37,156$35,292$32,850
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power115kW @ 6000rpm115kW @ 6000rpm115kW @ 6000rpm115kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Phone Connectivity3.5mm Aux Port, Bluetooth and USB3.5mm Aux Port, Bluetooth and USB3.5mm Aux Port, Bluetooth and USB3.5mm Aux Port, Bluetooth and USB
Security FeaturesImmobilizerImmobilizerImmobilizerImmobilizer
Steering Wheel AdjustmentTelescoping (Electric)Telescoping (Electric)Telescoping (Electric)Telescoping (Electric)
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)650 kg650 kg650 kg650 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Headlights
Headlight TypeHalogenHalogenHalogenHalogen
Headlight FeaturesAutomatic On/OffAutomatic On/OffAutomatic On/OffAutomatic On/Off
Safety Features
CamerasRearRearRearRear
Cruise ControlAdaptive (ACC)Adaptive (ACC)Adaptive (ACC)
Lane AssistanceLane Departure Warning (LDW)Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Keep Assist (LKA)Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Dimensions