Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100

Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100

MPNs: PE6100 and SNB-PE6100

PeteInPerth2

PeteInPerth2Perth

Very poor quality, leaks steam.

Leaks steam the whole time it's cooking. Poor quality and not fit for purpose. Returning to store for another make. Don't waste your time with this one. Sunbeam are a bit hit and miss with their products.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

Product is used: Weekly

Hi PeteInPerth2,
So sorry to hear this. I will be sure to pass your experience and feedback to our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Useful until it died a beeping E4 death.

I purchased this item last October from MYER in Highpoint, Melbourne and have only started using it recently. It was great however now when I turn it on it beeps continually with an E4 error. I’ve tried all of the tips to get it back but to no avail. It appears to be useless now and I’m incredibly disappointed. Prior to the beeping death it was really very useful. I made pot roasts, congee and stock which were great. It was really quick, a but noisy but no more than expected.

Purchased in October 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $129.00.

Hi Moana,
Please return this store as it comes with a 1 year warranty

Jess H

Jess HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Makes it easy to feed the masses!

Purchased in January 2015.

UNHAPPY

UNHAPPYMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great unless you want to pressure cook...

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer.

Safety
Steaming
Pressure Cooking
Sautéing

Hi Unhappy,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Please call us on 1300 881 861 and we can trouble further. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Perfect untill its not

Although I have had my cooker for quite some time I have only used it maybe a dozen times. It was fantastic, could sear, slow cook and pressure cook. Then bang E4, with and without the lid on. Checked the seal and that it was clean still nothing helps. As I said it was fantastic, food turned out perfect, time cooking was great, easy to use and clean. But with this error theres nothing I can do, Im not prepared to pay alot to get it seen to either because its normally 50 before they even look at a product. Reading reviews I see thus is a common problem and have to wonder why theres no product recall.

Purchased in January 2017.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Rarely
Features / Functions
Slow Cooking
Pressure Cooking
Sautéing

Hi C CORNELIUs,
I think I may have answered you earlier but please call us on 1300 881 861 to see if we can assist further...

Sunbeam multicooker

Multicooker works very well. I love it but the problem its pot which every six months turned scratch n black coating comes out. We can't use this kind of pot. Otherwise, the machine works perfectly.
When I go to buy this pot its coat $50. Which is too much. I can't spend money every six months.
So stop using it.

Purchased in June 2018.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mehek, this shouldn't happen but you do have to use utensils suitable for non stick cooking. Maybe give our team a call so we can go through some troubleshooting with you on 1300 881 861

Adsta77

Adsta77Perth, WA

Takes the pressure off dinner time!

Love this product. Easy way to make tasty dinners when you are time poor! So many recipe options and the fact that it is multi-function is a bonus! No reliability issues at all, works right every time. Easy to clean. Supplied recipes at the back of the manual are a good starting point too!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks Adsta! Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for updated recipes and ideas!

KatarinaBrisbane

Culinary Russian Roulette!

When it works well this multi-cooker is a really handy appliance. Great for making stew or curry in a fraction of the time it would take on the stove top. Sears well. and has a good variety of cooking settings.
Unfortunately it randomly malfunctions by running out of liquid (despite adding the correct amount initially) as the lid seal can be temperamental, allowing too much steam to escape while trying to achieve pressurisation. The result is burnt or poorly cooked food....Culinary Russian roulette!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Katarina and thanks for the review. Please make sure that there is no food under the seal in the lid as this can prevent the unit reaching full pressure.

Katarina

I always check the lid and seal are clean before cooking, and that the seal is firmly in place. Unfortunately the problem happens randomly, and is not related to food under the seal.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Katarina, maybe best to return to your store of purchase as your machine is under warranty.

E4 E4 E4

As all other people said, the cooker keep appearing E4 no matter what I did...

Used for half year +, the E4 came out occasionally and now 100% happening....

Should read the comments here before buy....

I probably get it refund back to DJ.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Hi Richard Fu,
Yes agree, please return to store if there are error issues

KateA

KateAPerth, WA

Disappointed to say the least

Great appliance...

I did look at the reviews before buying but was really looking for a delayed start slow cooker and this was the only one I could find.
I already have pressure cookers so was not worried about the reviews re pressure. I am surprised... have used it as slow cooker... delayed start fabulous... but also now my favourite pressure cooker. Was a bit worried when it took a while to get to pressure but it has come through on every occasion. Great as you can prepare in one pan ... pressure or slow cook ... even simmer ... don’t use stove anymore and very happy.. Have the extra warranty so get the error I will take it back ... awesome appliance

Clare M

Clare MDarwin NT Australia

Unit does not seal on pressure function

Every time we have used it the unit has sealing problems. Either it wont seal at all and you have to cool it down ad try to reset the seal (more the once each meal) or it seals the unseals mud cooking. The design of the seal and the flimsy attachment to the lid is at fault and makes the unit useless.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Nicole W

Nicole WMelbourne

Was great for a week

Bought it a week ago and made two great meals. Now it’s stuck on an E4 error no matter what I do and is completely useless. The manual says to reset but give no instructions on how to do so and no combination of button mashing or turning the power on and off yields anything other than E4.

Lluu

LluuAdelaide

Good to begin with

Have been researching all-in-one multicookers for the past several months when this one was on sale on Amazon. Great price compared with other branded cookers. Pressure aspect works well. Note that the maximum pressure it gets to is 12psi. Saute and simmer functions work really well. Hate hate hate the thin layer of non-stick teflon. Scratches off extremely easily after only 2 uses.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
HonoraC

HonoraCSouth East Queensland, QLD

All in one

Downsizing, so decided to replace my slow cooker, pressure cooker and rice cooker/steamer with 1 appliance. Am pleased with my decision and find multi cooker flexible and useful. Plus it takes up less space in my kitchen. User friendly, so easy to operate. Also simple to clean. Food I have cooked has been perfect. Also find being able to fry ingredients (to release spice flavours) in same container before slow cooking convenient. This is third Sunbeam product I have bought recently and I am impressed with quality of their products (after abandoning brand for a few years).

Date PurchasedNov 2017

JANEPerth

Wonderful appliance until E4 message appeared a couple of months out of warranty.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
JANE

Almost 2 weeks further on, and we have received no feedback or contact from Sunbeam. It is disappointing.
Jane

Kanthi

KanthiAdelaide

better than Kambrook pressure cooker

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Ming

MingBrisbane

Its convenient but hard to control food quality

We bought this pressure cooker over one year ago for rice cook. This is great for cooking conguee as we do not need to watch the stove or worry about the conguee will be overflowing as there is a timer to control the temp. We also use it to steam rice, but it is hard to control the quality of the rice as rice could be too dry or too wet even we put the same amount of water each time. We also had some issues with the internal removable Pot - The inside of the Pot started to peel and it has melted into the food. We called sunbeam and they have replaced the internal Pot for us which it has been great and did not have issues with the new replacement. The is easy to clean as usually we just soak it in water for a little while before cleaning.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Love it. Used 3x week until error. Easy fix

To fix E4 error I literally just turned off and let it drop from about 30cm. Problem solved and love it again. Saw some reviews of people saying doesn't get pressure - I think this is just miss use as mine never fails. Gotta understand the pressure system as it does not let steam out like in cooktop pressure cooking

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Kimmy

Kimmy

Very easy to use

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Sid

Sidasked

Hi
I brought my sunbeam pressure cooker 6 months ago its been very good until this this days keep says E4 . Every time I connect to power it says E4 help please.thank you

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sid,
E04 means that pressure can not gain - to fix that remove gasket entirely from the lid. Clean and dry and replace firmly back into the lid. Refer to page 24 for cleaning guide. Ensure the lid is locked on, and the pressure valve is in the SEAL position. If this error occurs again, ensure the gasket and the valves are clear from debris. Then reset the unit. For cleaning steps follow link: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PE6100_ib_2.pdf.pdf

Hope that helps, if the message remains after these steps please return the cooker to retailer for a replacement.

Mona S.asked

Hi I bought this cooker 3 week back, and when I check my chickpea curry today I found lid lock valve laying inside the pressure cooker, I do not think I can attach this back to the lid, can you tell what should I do now,

Hi Mona S,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of this. Please call Sunbeam on 1300 881 861. If it is the little metal rod like part that sits in the handle of the lid - we will need to replace the whole lid for you. Please have your purchase receipt with you when you call. I will alert our team in advance. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Mona S.

I have lost my purchase slip...this is a small circular container of 1.5cm in diameter

Hi Mona S,
Please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Wendy Gray

Wendy Grayasked

Just recently purchase the Sunbeam Multicooker and the first time i used it to pressure cook was fine. I was the lid only to find the little valve & rubber which sits in the handle of the lid in the bottom of the sink. We have tried putting it back in different ways and have tried to use the pressure cook function again to no avail. It looses a lot of steam and then once its on for like 40 mins the E4 error occurs. How do we replace this valve effectively?

Appreciate any help

Wendy

Hi Wendy Gray,
Please call us on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you with this...

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives