Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100

• Rice Cooking
Kasia

Kasia

Game changer

I’m super happy with my pressure cooker. I’ve had it for over a year now. It never failed me and cooks everything I need in fraction of the time I’d need on the stove.
The only minor issue is that it started leaking from the valve recently, however this doesn’t affect its functionality.
I used it as pressure cooker, for browning, stew in, simmering, you name it. The only thing that it didn’t cope was cooking rice, but I have a rice cooker for that.
Really happy with my purchase

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for $300.00.

Hello Kasia,

Annemarie

AnnemarieNSW, 2441

Disappointing

Good as a pressure cooker. Safe.
Simmer, saute and brown functions Are not very accurate - simmer is too high.
All the writing on the lid rubs off in no time so I’ve had to write on the lid now, where to align for seal or open!
Impossible to clean the main unit efficiently around the lip where the lid sits and the Non-stick cooking insert is badly scratched even using wood or plastic kitchen utensils.
I expected better from Sunbeam.

Purchased in September 2019.

Product is usedMonthly

B SharpeMid North Coast, NSW

Beware of digital controls

I have had 2 Pressure Cookers in 3 years the digital function fails after some use The first one was replaced under a warranty the 2nd out of warranty, no one can fix it a complete waste of good appliance.

Purchased in June 2017 at Myer Gifts Online for $129.00.

Multi Cookers

Find out how Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100 compares to other Multi Cookers

Brenda Davila

Brenda DavilaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Really easy to use

Purchased at JB Hifi Home for $108.00.

Hello Brenda Davila,
Thank you for your great feedback.

TimM

TimMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My favourite appliance ever

Purchased in March 2016.

SNEHA

SNEHAGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Every effective

Usually use it for Indian cookings. Very easy to use. Easy to clean by only hand wash. Not dishwasher safe as mentioned in the manual. The pressure cook and brown mode is really good.

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer for $150.00.

Peneb

PenebRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent - quick reliable cooking

Very happy. Plant based cooking; great for soups, beans, chick peas, lentils, veg - follow closely instruction booklet. Saute, steam, rice, slow cooking functions good. Quick, easy cleaning & odour free. User friendly. My experience has exceeded expectations & I’m a senior too!

Hello Peneb,
Thank you for the great feedback!

E4 error

I absolutely loved my multi cooker and have used it for about 6 months . I know have the E4 error and do not know how to reset. I have cleaned it properly but now can't get rid of this error.

Purchased in November 2019.

Product is usedDaily
Helen Watson
Helen Watson

I have done this already. When you say reset the unit what do you mean ? Many thanks

The pressure cooker function does not work.

The pressure cooker function does not work. The wee metal thing pops up and let's all the steam out. So the meals burns. Was the whole point of buying machine. Very disappointed

Purchased in March 2019.

Ralph N.

Ralph N.South East Queensland, QLD

Non stick flakes off in bowl

Seems to work ok but the coating inside the cooking bowl flakes off. The replacement bowl is about $50. We always used the proper spoons etc in the bowl so it wouldn't scratch. Reading other reviews this seems to be a common problem but Sunbeam will not replace under warranty without a receipt (unfortunately we didn't keep it). Bottom line, the bowl will need to replaced after a few months of regular use, during this time i guess the coating mixes with the food which surely can't be a good thing.. Avoid this product.

Purchased in August 2018 at Myer for $130.00.

Very disappointed!

I bought this one month ago and some functions are fraud. The sales refused to change to a new one for me as it seems fine. Not recommended at all!

Purchased in November 2019 at David Jones for $139.00.

Product is usedRarely

Hello Serena W.
I'm sorry that your are experiencing some trouble with your unit, could you please explain what you mean by "some functions are fraud" so I can help further?

PeteInPerth2

PeteInPerth2Perth

Very poor quality, leaks steam.

Leaks steam the whole time it's cooking. Poor quality and not fit for purpose. Returning to store for another make. Don't waste your time with this one. Sunbeam are a bit hit and miss with their products.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

Hi PeteInPerth2,
So sorry to hear this. I will be sure to pass your experience and feedback to our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Useful until it died a beeping E4 death.

I purchased this item last October from MYER in Highpoint, Melbourne and have only started using it recently. It was great however now when I turn it on it beeps continually with an E4 error. I’ve tried all of the tips to get it back but to no avail. It appears to be useless now and I’m incredibly disappointed. Prior to the beeping death it was really very useful. I made pot roasts, congee and stock which were great. It was really quick, a but noisy but no more than expected.

Purchased in October 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $129.00.

Hi Moana,
Please return this store as it comes with a 1 year warranty

Jess H

Jess HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Makes it easy to feed the masses!

Purchased in January 2015.

Jess

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great unless you want to pressure cook...

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer.

Product is usedMonthly

Hi Unhappy,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Please call us on 1300 881 861 and we can trouble further. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Perfect untill its not

Although I have had my cooker for quite some time I have only used it maybe a dozen times. It was fantastic, could sear, slow cook and pressure cook. Then bang E4, with and without the lid on. Checked the seal and that it was clean still nothing helps. As I said it was fantastic, food turned out perfect, time cooking was great, easy to use and clean. But with this error theres nothing I can do, Im not prepared to pay alot to get it seen to either because its normally 50 before they even look at a product. Reading reviews I see thus is a common problem and have to wonder why theres no product recall.

Purchased in January 2017.

Product is usedRarely

Hi C CORNELIUs,
I think I may have answered you earlier but please call us on 1300 881 861 to see if we can assist further...

Sunbeam multicooker

Multicooker works very well. I love it but the problem its pot which every six months turned scratch n black coating comes out. We can't use this kind of pot. Otherwise, the machine works perfectly.
When I go to buy this pot its coat $50. Which is too much. I can't spend money every six months.
So stop using it.

Purchased in June 2018.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mehek, this shouldn't happen but you do have to use utensils suitable for non stick cooking. Maybe give our team a call so we can go through some troubleshooting with you on 1300 881 861

Adsta77

Adsta77Perth, WA

Takes the pressure off dinner time!

Love this product. Easy way to make tasty dinners when you are time poor! So many recipe options and the fact that it is multi-function is a bonus! No reliability issues at all, works right every time. Easy to clean. Supplied recipes at the back of the manual are a good starting point too!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks Adsta! Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for updated recipes and ideas!

KatarinaBrisbane

Culinary Russian Roulette!

When it works well this multi-cooker is a really handy appliance. Great for making stew or curry in a fraction of the time it would take on the stove top. Sears well. and has a good variety of cooking settings.
Unfortunately it randomly malfunctions by running out of liquid (despite adding the correct amount initially) as the lid seal can be temperamental, allowing too much steam to escape while trying to achieve pressurisation. The result is burnt or poorly cooked food....Culinary Russian roulette!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Katarina and thanks for the review. Please make sure that there is no food under the seal in the lid as this can prevent the unit reaching full pressure.

Katarina

I always check the lid and seal are clean before cooking, and that the seal is firmly in place. Unfortunately the problem happens randomly, and is not related to food under the seal.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Katarina, maybe best to return to your store of purchase as your machine is under warranty.

E4 E4 E4

As all other people said, the cooker keep appearing E4 no matter what I did...

Used for half year +, the E4 came out occasionally and now 100% happening....

Should read the comments here before buy....

I probably get it refund back to DJ.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Hi Richard Fu,
Yes agree, please return to store if there are error issues