Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100

Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100

MPNs: PE6100 and SNB-PE6100

Sunbeam multicooker

Multicooker works very well. I love it but the problem its pot which every six months turned scratch n black coating comes out. We can't use this kind of pot. Otherwise, the machine works perfectly.
When I go to buy this pot its coat $50. Which is too much. I can't spend money every six months.
So stop using it.

Purchased in June 2018.

Hi Mehek, this shouldn't happen but you do have to use utensils suitable for non stick cooking. Maybe give our team a call so we can go through some troubleshooting with you on 1300 881 861

Takes the pressure off dinner time!

Love this product. Easy way to make tasty dinners when you are time poor! So many recipe options and the fact that it is multi-function is a bonus! No reliability issues at all, works right every time. Easy to clean. Supplied recipes at the back of the manual are a good starting point too!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Thanks Adsta! Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for updated recipes and ideas!

Culinary Russian Roulette!

When it works well this multi-cooker is a really handy appliance. Great for making stew or curry in a fraction of the time it would take on the stove top. Sears well. and has a good variety of cooking settings.
Unfortunately it randomly malfunctions by running out of liquid (despite adding the correct amount initially) as the lid seal can be temperamental, allowing too much steam to escape while trying to achieve pressurisation. The result is burnt or poorly cooked food....Culinary Russian roulette!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Katarina and thanks for the review. Please make sure that there is no food under the seal in the lid as this can prevent the unit reaching full pressure.I always check the lid and seal are clean before cooking, and that the seal is firmly in place. Unfortunately the problem happens randomly, and is not related to food under the seal.Hi Katarina, maybe best to return to your store of purchase as your machine is under warranty.

E4 E4 E4

As all other people said, the cooker keep appearing E4 no matter what I did...

Used for half year +, the E4 came out occasionally and now 100% happening....

Should read the comments here before buy....

I probably get it refund back to DJ.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Richard Fu, Yes agree, please return to store if there are error issues

Disappointed to say the least

I was given the cooker as a gift by my daughters in March. Used it for 2 weeks and loved it. Then tiny seal on underside of lid broke. After a frustrating call to Sunbeam where I was on hold forever they said I’d need a whole new lid assembly as they don’t replace just the small seal (seriously??), I waited 3 weeks for the new assembly as they’d sent it to wrong address. The new assembly was without the large seal so I took it off the old lid. The unit then worked for about another week but then every time I used it, it wouldn’t reach pressure, despite following the instructions in the booklet exactly. The pressure gauge is flimsy, and hard to tell when it’s in the right position. Another long and frustrating call to Sunbeam. Apparently it was my fault for not informing them the new lid did not have a seal and you can’t use one from another lid. So now I am waiting for yet another new lid assembly. The Sunbeam staff member said she would send a confirmation email and in the email would be her direct number to contact should there be any further issues. Well there was no number in the email and the address it came from is noreply@salesforce.com.au! So unprofessional. Also, the instruction booklet is full of errors.

Great appliance...

I did look at the reviews before buying but was really looking for a delayed start slow cooker and this was the only one I could find.
I already have pressure cookers so was not worried about the reviews re pressure. I am surprised... have used it as slow cooker... delayed start fabulous... but also now my favourite pressure cooker. Was a bit worried when it took a while to get to pressure but it has come through on every occasion. Great as you can prepare in one pan ... pressure or slow cook ... even simmer ... don’t use stove anymore and very happy.. Have the extra warranty so get the error I will take it back ... awesome appliance

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Unit does not seal on pressure function

Every time we have used it the unit has sealing problems. Either it wont seal at all and you have to cool it down ad try to reset the seal (more the once each meal) or it seals the unseals mud cooking. The design of the seal and the flimsy attachment to the lid is at fault and makes the unit useless.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Was great for a week

Bought it a week ago and made two great meals. Now it’s stuck on an E4 error no matter what I do and is completely useless. The manual says to reset but give no instructions on how to do so and no combination of button mashing or turning the power on and off yields anything other than E4.

Good to begin with

Have been researching all-in-one multicookers for the past several months when this one was on sale on Amazon. Great price compared with other branded cookers. Pressure aspect works well. Note that the maximum pressure it gets to is 12psi. Saute and simmer functions work really well. Hate hate hate the thin layer of non-stick teflon. Scratches off extremely easily after only 2 uses.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

All in one

Downsizing, so decided to replace my slow cooker, pressure cooker and rice cooker/steamer with 1 appliance. Am pleased with my decision and find multi cooker flexible and useful. Plus it takes up less space in my kitchen. User friendly, so easy to operate. Also simple to clean. Food I have cooked has been perfect. Also find being able to fry ingredients (to release spice flavours) in same container before slow cooking convenient. This is third Sunbeam product I have bought recently and I am impressed with quality of their products (after abandoning brand for a few years).

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Wonderful appliance until E4 message appeared a couple of months out of warranty.

We had 15 enjoyable months of using the slow and pressure cooker functions with excellent results, and have recommended the model to many friends. The slow cooked beef, mushroom and wine dish was superb! For no apparent reason an E4 message commenced flashing and we were unable to use the Aviva in any mode. After some difficulty contact was made with Sunbeam via email. The very pleasant representative suggested we left the machine plugged in but not programmed for 20 mins, and noted that it would then right itself. This did not happen. We tried leaving it longer, then turning it off, and then leaving it for days before turning it on - nothing worked. The E4 remained. Sunbeam then requested we returned the appliance to the store from which we purchased it. This caused us some difficulty as we obtained it when holidaying down South over 360kms from home. As it was a privately franchised Mitre 10 store we could not take it to a local Mitre 10. Obviously money and time wise this was an expensive exercise. It is only 2 weeks since we took the Aviva back and understandably we have not heard from Sunbeam as yet. We do require another multicooker, but don't know what is happening to the old one. Looking at the reviews we noted many comments re the E4 message. We were unaware of this problem at the time of purchase. If Sunbeam can rectify this error for buyers of the Aviva, I think it is an excellent model that is very user friendly and efficient in all settings and modes. When working the Aviva produces mouth watering slow cooked meals from the cheapest cuts, and the pressure cook mode is both efficient and quiet. We miss it !

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Almost 2 weeks further on, and we have received no feedback or contact from Sunbeam. It is disappointing. JaneHaving received no reply from the supplier or shop we rang Sunbeam again who said they had received no correspondence from the Mitre 10 store. On their advice we rang the latter. The Manager could not have been more courteous and remembered forwarding all relevant forms to Sunbeam. She said she would check the paper trail. Less than 1 hour later she rang back, apologised and noted that somehow their paper work had been misplaced and Sunbeam had unreservedly approved full repayment within 3 days of our leaving the appliance there. Unfortunately distance prevented us visiting Mitre 10 in Mt Baker so we purchased another Aviva locally. I strongly recommend the Mt Barker Mitre 10 store for their honesty and efficiency. Despite the confusion of information from Sunbeam we appreciate their commitment to their products. We are now enjoying meals from our new Sunbeam Aviva multicooker. Our experience would underline the advantages of purchasing a well known brand that stands by its products. Thank you Sunbeam and Mt Baker Mitre 10.

better than Kambrook pressure cooker

After reading the reviews for the Sunbeam Aviva pressure cooker, though very nervous, I bought one to replace my 3 year old Kambrook multi purpose pressure cooker. Kambrook worked well but the container started peeling, got scratched (my fault for using a blender in it) and the plastic/rubber rim on the lid got very stretchy and discoloured. I have used the Sunbeam now for 6mths - weekly - for rice (red and white types, curries, pasta, soups, steam cook whole 2kg chicken) etc In the sunbeam, I also found that the pressure knob was quite sensitive, in the beginning. I take it out, put it back - rejig it a little (ie for the first 5-10 cooking events). Now I don't have to take it out or re-jig the pressure knob - works well now. I didn't have to do this for Kambrook steam knob. I like the Sunbeam better. For example cooking rice - takes less time to cook and I can adjust the time (add or take away time for cooking red or white rice). Two cups of white parboiled basmati rice take mere 5 minutes and tastes good (not under or over cooked) although I don't measure water accurately. The saute cooking is really great - better than Kambrook. I can cook curries easily - it heats up faster and stay quite hot compared to Kambrook - great for frying the curry leaves and pre cooking the spices. I generally saute onion, spices and brown the meat (eg chicken) with lid on but not closed. I then let it rest for 20 minutes with pressure cooker lid closed and then pressure cook the content for few more minutes (5-10 min) depending on quantity. My curries are tastier and I can cook 2kg plus chicken curry in this cooker as the bowl is deep. Unlike cooking the same on stove, there is no spattering and takes less time to cook. Perhaps the best thing about it, is using the reserved heat of the pan to finish the cooking (ie turn it off sooner than later). My pasta dishes are cooked better also. Compared to Kambrook, Sunbeam cooker seem to take less time to build pressure and also to release the pressure. I also like the fact that the Sunbeam plastic/rubber ream on the lid is a quality one - it has not discoloured (with my spices) and it has not over stretched (ie keep original shape), than Kambrook does. With Kambrook, after cooking a couple of curries in it - the white rim became yellow/brown and got darker in colour each time. I could not wash the stain/discolouration off. The Kambrook plastic/rubber rim did not stay in place every time I put it back (after washing it). This then affected the pressure build up process as the lid didn't close/seal properly. Sunbeam rim is much easier to put it back and keep in place and it is still white (original colour without any stain/discolouration). I also like the fact that the bowl does not retain curry smell compared to Kambrook. This means I can cook a curry and after washing it, I can then cook/boil a 2kg chicken and the chicken does not smell or taste of spices. Many cookware keeps the curry/spice taste. Overall - Sunbeam cooker is better than Kambrook for me and for my needs - easier to control time and better quality. I have given 4 stars fro Sunbeam because Sunbeam was higher in price to buy - hence expect to better quality. I paid about $40 more for the Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Its convenient but hard to control food quality

We bought this pressure cooker over one year ago for rice cook. This is great for cooking conguee as we do not need to watch the stove or worry about the conguee will be overflowing as there is a timer to control the temp. We also use it to steam rice, but it is hard to control the quality of the rice as rice could be too dry or too wet even we put the same amount of water each time. We also had some issues with the internal removable Pot - The inside of the Pot started to peel and it has melted into the food. We called sunbeam and they have replaced the internal Pot for us which it has been great and did not have issues with the new replacement. The is easy to clean as usually we just soak it in water for a little while before cleaning.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Love it. Used 3x week until error. Easy fix

To fix E4 error I literally just turned off and let it drop from about 30cm. Problem solved and love it again. Saw some reviews of people saying doesn't get pressure - I think this is just miss use as mine never fails. Gotta understand the pressure system as it does not let steam out like in cooktop pressure cooking

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Very easy to use

Originally bought a Cuisinart cooker which was almost twice the cost. After 2 days returned to Myer and the sales guy didn't seem surprised when I explained what's wrong with it.

Instead I beat the bullet and went with a cheap model, Aviva Sunbeam.

After one bad experience I wasn't hoping for much but was pleasantly surprised with Aviva's performance.

Had it for over 3 months now and it never failed me.

Tried frozen chicken breast, beef ribs, rice, soup, pasta - all came out as expected! :)

Love this machine and have recommended to many friends already.

Paid $120 on sale at MYER.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Perfecto couldnt live with out it

I love my sunbeam cooker it works like a dream and i can cook many meals with the one appliance.
It has many simple features you can use and its like a dream to wash up as u know what some appliances are like to clean more hassel then its worth, NOT this one.
Would recommend this for anyone.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Love everything about it

So easy to use, a little bit tricky when I initially got it, but couldn't be without it now, my cooking time is cut in half, best kitchen product I have bought in a long time, it has everything I need to make things so much more easier when cooking

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Does not seal, sunbeam do not reply to emails.

Buy something else. After numerous attempts, this unit only seals 20% of the time. VERY frustrating to have the time and expense of preparing a meal, only to have the lid not seal. It stays on 'cooking' endlessly without coming up to pressure. I have emailed sunbeam twice and they do not respond.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Used once then packed a sad Buyer beware

Used once then on second cook set for 40 min hour later hadn't moved a minute. I further inspected being a electrician and found this item has a very poor pressure sensing design which loses calibration from being seated on the element and over heating hence all the E errors people are having, should be recalled and re-designed. $180 look at all these reviews sunbeam, I will be taking this back and using a different brand very disappointed

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great Product - makes life so easy

Easy to clean, easy to use.

Predictable results. I prep my meal the night before, put it in the fridge with some glad wrap over the top. Chuck it on slow cook in the morning, or pressure cook in the evening when I get home from work.

Best investment ever.