3Sunbeam Aviva PE6100

4.1
Rice Cooking
3.8

AndyWollongong7 posts

Dead in less than two years!

I purchased this multi cooker in August 2021, and 16 months later, I have an “E4” error message. The unit is now useless, and Sunbeam don’t repair them.

Until then, it worked perfectly and I couldn’t have been happier, but I don’t believe that a $200 appliance should be a disposable item. It should still be working, or be able to be repaired affordably.

This seems to be a common issue, so Sunbeam ought to address it. Show details

Joan H.
Joan H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Sunbeam Aviva Pressure Cooker lid labelling disappears

Very disappointed that after wiping lid with soft cloth, as per your instructions, the label advising 'to seal' disappeared. I would appreciate if you could please advise how this can be rectified.
Kasia
Kasia6 posts

Game changer

I’m super happy with my pressure cooker. I’ve had it for over a year now. It never failed me and cooks everything I need in fraction of the time I’d need on the stove.
The only minor issue is that it started leaking from the valve recently, however this doesn’t affect its functionality.
I used it as pressure cooker, for browning, stew in, simmering, you name it. The only thing that it didn’t cope was cooking rice, but I have a rice cooker for that.
Really happy with my purchase Show details ·  1
Annemarie
AnnemarieNSW, 244119 posts

Disappointing

Good as a pressure cooker. Safe.
Simmer, saute and brown functions Are not very accurate - simmer is too high.
All the writing on the lid rubs off in no time so I’ve had to write on the lid now, where to align for seal or open!
Impossible to clean the main unit efficiently around the lip where the lid sits and the Non-stick cooking insert is badly scratched even using wood or plastic kitchen utensils.
I expected better from Sunbeam. Show details
B Sharpe
B SharpeMid North Coast, NSW6 posts

Beware of digital controls

I have had 2 Pressure Cookers in 3 years the digital function fails after some use The first one was replaced under a warranty the 2nd out of warranty, no one can fix it a complete waste of good appliance. Show details
Brenda Davila
Brenda DavilaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Really easy to use

Comes with a neat little book to get started on slow cooking
Really useful been using it for around 5 months now, press a button, go to work, come home to fully cooked beef stew.
Don't really use the pressure cooker often just out of fear. We've had personal friends who've lived the horror stories you hear on the internet

Pros:
It's not expensive
Easy to clean
You'll take all of 15 mins to learn how to use it (just read the manual, seriously)
You'll get as much out of it as a Roomba if you spend most of your day at work.
You'll get just as much if you don't find cooking therapeautic

Cons:
It's pretty big, don't bother if you don't have the space or won't be using it often
The bottom feels slightly cheap so you have to be careful Show details ·  1

TimM
TimMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

SNEHA
SNEHAGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC9 posts

Every effective

Usually use it for Indian cookings. Very easy to use. Easy to clean by only hand wash. Not dishwasher safe as mentioned in the manual. The pressure cook and brown mode is really good. Show details
Peneb
PenebRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Excellent - quick reliable cooking

Very happy. Plant based cooking; great for soups, beans, chick peas, lentils, veg - follow closely instruction booklet. Saute, steam, rice, slow cooking functions good. Quick, easy cleaning & odour free. User friendly. My experience has exceeded expectations & I’m a senior too! Show details ·  1
Helen Watson
Helen Watson2 posts

E4 error

I absolutely loved my multi cooker and have used it for about 6 months . I know have the E4 error and do not know how to reset. I have cleaned it properly but now can't get rid of this error. Show details
Bro
Bro2 posts

The pressure cooker function does not work

The pressure cooker function does not work. The wee metal thing pops up and let's all the steam out. So the meals burns. Was the whole point of buying machine. Very disappointed Show details
Ralph N.
Ralph N.South East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Non stick flakes off in bowl

Seems to work ok but the coating inside the cooking bowl flakes off. The replacement bowl is about $50. We always used the proper spoons etc in the bowl so it wouldn't scratch. Reading other reviews this seems to be a common problem but Sunbeam will not replace under warranty without a receipt (unfortunately we didn't keep it). Bottom line, the bowl will need to replaced after a few months of regular use, during this time i guess the coating mixes with the food which surely can't be a good thing.. Avoid this product. Show details
Serena W.
Serena W.4 posts
  Fair Incentive

Very disappointed!

I bought this one month ago and some functions are fraud. The sales refused to change to a new one for me as it seems fine. Not recommended at all! Show details
Sunbeam   DM

Hello Serena W. I'm sorry that your are experiencing some trouble with your unit, could you please explain what you mean by "some functions are fraud" so I can help further?

PeteInPerth2
PeteInPerth2Perth22 posts

Very poor quality, leaks steam

Leaks steam the whole time it's cooking. Poor quality and not fit for purpose. Returning to store for another make. Don't waste your time with this one. Sunbeam are a bit hit and miss with their products. Show details
Sunbeam   DM

Hi PeteInPerth2, So sorry to hear this. I will be sure to pass your experience and feedback to our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Moana
Moana

Useful until it died a beeping E4 death

I purchased this item last October from MYER in Highpoint, Melbourne and have only started using it recently. It was great however now when I turn it on it beeps continually with an E4 error. I’ve tried all of the tips to get it back but to no avail. It appears to be useless now and I’m incredibly disappointed. Prior to the beeping death it was really very useful. I made pot roasts, congee and stock which were great. It was really quick, a but noisy but no more than expected. Show details

Hi Moana, Please return this store as it comes with a 1 year warranty