Sunbeam Big Fill Toastie GR6250

Sunbeam Big Fill Toastie GR6250

MPN: GR6250

Very disappointed too

I totally agree with the review from "So bad I returned it". Exactly the same experience with this product. Did not cook and turn it into a toasted sandwich. Have had so many Sunbeam products over the years and this is the worse. Had toaster sandwich makers before. This definitely left the sandwiches soft n soggy. I also bought mine from Big W. Will take it back tomorrow and look for another brand.

Purchased in November 2018 at Big W.

Hi Kaye, Thank you for your review. Please be assured I will pass this onto our product team for valuable feedback. Kind regards, Sunbeam

So bad I returned it

I'm really disappointed to say how bad this was. This machine doesn't 'toast' sandwiches, it steams them. I gave it a few good go's on the off chance it would somehow improve. Last straw was my steak and cheese sandwich that fell to soggy pieces as I tried to lift it out of the toastie maker. I returned it quick smart and was grateful for big w's great return policy as I had thrown away the receipt. I like the brand...I have a toaster that is still going strong after 18 years so I know they can do better, but was surprisingly disappointed with this purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for $36.00.

Hi Bree, So sorry to hear of this and please be assured I will be passing this onto our product team. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Does not get hot enough. Leaves bread soggy

Had this a year or two and finally gave it to vinnies. Just didn’t get hot enough and seemed to shut itself off before sambo crispy. Bought breville normal size and I’m loving toasties again. Now adding words in an attempt to reach fifty. Forty six, forty eight, now fifty

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great toasties, but seriously flawed design

We love this machine, it makes great sandwiches, but needs a re-design........It is the second unit we have owned & unfortunately, the plastic handles are not up to the rigors of compacting the sandwich.
In both cases the handles have shattered when pressing down the sandwich, I suspect the plastic gets brittle with the heat of the element!
It is clear that the problem is deep-set, as we have been especially careful since the last handle broke, this unit has only lasted 4 months! - they really should use the same metal handle as they use in their Cafe press, it is metal!!!!!
A sad review, as we love all the other features & it always produces a great yummy sandwich!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Michael. Thanks for your feedback! We have sent you a private message.

OK when it works

Coming up to 12 months and have now had our second toastie maker fail! First one lasted six months then blew up in spectacular fashion with sparks and smoke. Was replaced under warranty and the second one broke several days before the anniversary of initial purchase with a failed clip on the handle which locks it closed. It makes fine toasties but there are some very serious problems with quality control at Sunbeam when a device only lasts for 10 or 12 uses.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi martind57, please contact us on 1300 881 861 so we can try to assist you furhter

Doesn’t cook properly

I bought this maker 2 weeks ago. It heats fast, seals the edges BUT it doesn’t brown the bread, it’s like eating a soggy piece of toast, was so excited to get this at a good price, but now I’m disappointed with it. I will probably take it back for a refund.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Joanne. Depending on what ingredients you are filling the toastie with, as well as the amount of ingredients, you will see different results. Try reducing the amount of ingredients for a better result.

Great toasted sangers

Bought this 2 months ago after looking at Google reviews online. Was going for famous brand but reviews sent me to buy this one. Great apparatus, more fillings to enjoy, cuts sandwiches cleanly, fast heat up ans so easy to clean. Glad i did my homework and bought the BEST

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thanks for the great review Stuart!!Sunbeam Official. Definitely credit where credit is due. My Big Fill is just ace.

Perfect everytime!

I was reluctant to buy this because of negative reviews, but wanted to get something different because I wasn't a fan of the last breville we had.

This one is so much better. We just use normal Coles or woolies brand breads and it works perfectly everytime. The kids love it. We put in mainly just use it for ham and cheese, but have also put tomatoes and egg sometime.

It's easy to clean by just waiting for it to dry, then wiping it down. The trick is to butter the bread on the sides that go on the machine so it doesn't stick. Very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Definitely worth it

I love this sandwich press! It works really well, the last sandwich press I had was tiny and spilled everywhere.

The only downfall is that it only cuts down the middle properly about 50% of the time. Not really an issue though as it only takes 2 seconds to fix where it didn’t completely cut.

I’d definitely recommend this one.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Bread size not an issue

I purchased this with some trepidation and as a second best option. The trepidation came from reading some reviews which complained about not being able to find large enough sized bread slices that would work well. I think this fear was based on the visual of the elements which are quite large. I too was worried that if the slice was too small a seal wouldn't be created and dreaded oozing would occur. However, to my delight my first attempt was with a gluten free loaf with relatively small slices was a total success. No leakage and perfect divisions into the four triangles. The second best option came about because I really wanted the Breville Classic 74 jaffle maker. It was advertised as the Rolls Royce of jaffle makers and anointed by Justine Schofield on her program. But I balked at the near $100 price tag. ( and also their claim that Australians refer to toasted sandwiches as Brevilles; I've been around for 58 years and I've yet to hear that phrase) When the not quite as pretty but mostly well reviewed Sunbeam option was on sale at Harvey Norman for $29. Best $70 I've saved in a long time. Mind you this is day one and I know that often problems crop up later on, but at this stage I would thoroughly recommend the Big Fill Toastie. Enjoy.
Just an October update- been using this regularly for a month and am still pleased with it. :-)

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Bread size was not a problem

I purchased this product yesterday and used it for the first time today to make two sandwiches. It was good to have sandwiches which were "automatically" cut into two segments and the fillings did not fall out. Something I have not had for some years now, since when our last sandwich maker had died. I used Tip Top the One white bread and I did not have any problems with the bread slices not being large enough, as some people have experienced. The bread browned well; I did follow the plate seasoning procedures prior to using and also buttered the bread on the outside surfaces, as in the instruction booklet. One disappointment though, was I could not fill the sandwich with as much filling as what I was led to believe from the advertising. I had a slice of ham, a slice of cheese and slices of tomato on the sandwich. When attempting to close the lid on the sandwich maker I realised I would have to place thinner slices of tomato on the sandwich. Time will tell how reliable this sandwich maker will be. It appears to be made quite solidly.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Just didn't live up to Sunbeam quality.

It doesn't brown the bread no matter how long I left it to do the job. Filling ran out and made a mess. I usually like Sunbeam products... and my last Sunbeam Sandwich toaster was great. This modern product is really bad. Please Sunbeam take it off the market and design a better product.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Not hot enough

We bought one of these - works OK but not hot enough to brown the bread. It's 1000 watts.
No matter we left the sandwich in the Toastie, it would not brown the bread - NOT HOT ENOUGH.
After multiple attempts, we stopped using it.
Now we will buy the Sunbeam cafe press sandwichmaker - it's up to 2400 watts.
Maybe lucky this time.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Very good quality - good price

Recently needed to update my old breville toaster so looked around for similar product at a reasonable price. The Sunbeam Big Fill Toastie ticked all the boxes, the quality of the non stick surface is superior to others in the same price range (under $40 @ Big W) It heats up fast, is easy to clean and compact enough for a smaller kitchen. The finished toastie does have a wider seal than my old machine did but it holds a lot of filling. My favourite toastie? Banana, honey and peanut butter finished with cinnamon sugar yum!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Looked ok but broke within 8 weeks

Usually I only write positive reviews but this item was a shocker.
It worked OK and just OK for approximately 8 weeks then with no warning the bottom handle completely snapped off, leaving a sharp edge on the broken piece and the main part of the machine.
Maybe it was just a bad one but never will I again look at one of these.
I purchased it from Billy Guyatts , and to their absolute credit sent me a parcel point return number on a Saturday and I just dropped it off at the local newsagency.
Just be aware this unit may have a weak point.

Hi Anna, I do apologise for the issues you experienced with your Sunbeam Big Fill Toastie. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Kindest Regards Sunbeam