Sunbeam Big Fill Toastie GR6250

Sunbeam Big Fill Toastie GR6250

MPNs: 3404 and GR6250

michelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not a great buy

Does not toast your standard toasties of ham cheese tomato, have to turn them over and re toast. Have had this machine for two year’s using once or twice a month then this happened ☹️
Going in the bin tonight and will now look at other brands paid $60.00

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$60.00.

The handle snapped off !
See pic

Julie

JulieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible product, does not toast!

I have been a loyal Sunbeam buyer for many years. This product, as most of the reviews state, does not toast at all! Bread is soggy and remains the colour of its origin. What is the point of Sunbeam apologising each time, why doesn't Sunbeam remove this product from the market alltogether? This is very disappointing! I bought mine online during COVID lockdown in Melbourne and now can't return it. So much for toasties for lunch during remote schooling!

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$49.00.

Dasisnichtgut

Dasisnichtgut

Misleading

I purchsed this toastie maker after carefully studying the box. It only toasts giant stuffed overfilled sandwiches. Will not toast a std size kids or ham, cheese, tomato. I then tried it a second time with loaded sandwich and the light went green. Opened the lid and untoasted but hot. Had to repeat this process 4 times to get lightly toasted. A total waste of money.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$75.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

So sorry to hear about that!

All our products do have a 12 month replacement warranty so please just return the unit to your retailer for new product.

JILLTEE

JILLTEEQLD, 4300

Quick and easy to clean.

I purchased this Toastie maker a while back and have not had any specific problems with it, however, i do agree that it does not cook the bread to the crispiness that i would like but i do like the machine itself, i have used it quite a few times and have enjoyed the results, i make my own meat pies and usually keep some of the left over pie filling to put inside the Toastie maker, always tastes good.
And most important, it is so easy to clean

Purchased in September 2018 at Big W for A$31.20.

Hello JILLTEE,
Thanks for the great review!
For some yummy toastie ideas see our recipe page: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Recipes/Browse/

ibfragalot

ibfragalotVictoria

PERFECT - No mess, cuts, cleans easy, crispy cheese.

1. Effortlessly cuts your sandwitches in half
2. NO small areas for cheese to get stuck (this is by far the best feature!)
3. NO spillage. Using normal bread, there was plenty of room for cheese to squirt out and bake crisp, so no mess created.
4. True Non-Stick. First time at least, everything including baked cheese lifted off without effort.
5. Seems well built. I have no idea how someone broke theirs, must have been forcing incredibly hard.

My sandwitch isn't soggy, and I put LOADS of butter top and bottom of every piece.

I'm using cheap white bread with kraft singles style cheese - of course, the gold standard!

Whoever at Sunbeam designed this - well done!

Purchased in August 2019 at Amazon for A$59.00.

Hi ibfragalot
Thank you for the fantastic review. This unit is one of our best sellers and it so easy to use. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

jkefa

jkefaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Makes toasties...nothing special but that's why we bought it

Purchased at Big w .

Hi jkefa
Thank you for the great review!. Your points and advice have been passed onto our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Brad M.

Brad M.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Terribly disappointed

Terrible product , should have read reviews here first but I trusted the sunbeam brand. Does not toast sandwiches they end up soggy no matter how long I let it preheat for.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for A$39.00.

Hi Brad M.
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of this. Please return this to Big W with your purchase receipt for a replacement. Kind Regards, Sunbeam.

djerry

djerryCentral, SA

Great & easy to clean

This toastie is so easy to clean after use. I hated using my old one as the food would stick, but this one is easy to wipe clean. It toasts our sandwiches fine, but I find it doesn't cut the sandwiches very well across the diagonal like the old one did. I have to use a knife on the cutting board after cooking to cut.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$39.00.

Hi djerry,
Thanks for the great review!
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Kaye

KayePerth

Very disappointed too

I totally agree with the review from "So bad I returned it". Exactly the same experience with this product. Did not cook and turn it into a toasted sandwich. Have had so many Sunbeam products over the years and this is the worse. Had toaster sandwich makers before. This definitely left the sandwiches soft n soggy. I also bought mine from Big W. Will take it back tomorrow and look for another brand.

Purchased in November 2018 at Big W.

Hi Kaye,
Thank you for your review. Please be assured I will pass this onto our product team for valuable feedback. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Bree

Bree

So bad I returned it

I'm really disappointed to say how bad this was. This machine doesn't 'toast' sandwiches, it steams them. I gave it a few good go's on the off chance it would somehow improve. Last straw was my steak and cheese sandwich that fell to soggy pieces as I tried to lift it out of the toastie maker. I returned it quick smart and was grateful for big w's great return policy as I had thrown away the receipt. I like the brand...I have a toaster that is still going strong after 18 years so I know they can do better, but was surprisingly disappointed with this purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for A$36.00.

Hi Bree,
So sorry to hear of this and please be assured I will be passing this onto our product team. Kind Regards,

Blake73763

Blake73763

Does not get hot enough. Leaves bread soggy

Had this a year or two and finally gave it to vinnies. Just didn’t get hot enough and seemed to shut itself off before sambo crispy. Bought breville normal size and I’m loving toasties again. Now adding words in an attempt to reach fifty. Forty six, forty eight, now fifty

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Michael R

Michael RCentral West, NSW

Great toasties, but seriously flawed design

We love this machine, it makes great sandwiches, but needs a re-design........It is the second unit we have owned & unfortunately, the plastic handles are not up to the rigors of compacting the sandwich.
In both cases the handles have shattered when pressing down the sandwich, I suspect the plastic gets brittle with the heat of the element!
It is clear that the problem is deep-set, as we have been especially careful since the last handle broke, this unit has only lasted 4 months! - they really should use the same metal handle as they use in their Cafe press, it is metal!!!!!
A sad review, as we love all the other features & it always produces a great yummy sandwich!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Michael. Thanks for your feedback! We have sent you a private message.

martind57

martind57Mid North Coast, NSW

OK when it works

Coming up to 12 months and have now had our second toastie maker fail! First one lasted six months then blew up in spectacular fashion with sparks and smoke. Was replaced under warranty and the second one broke several days before the anniversary of initial purchase with a failed clip on the handle which locks it closed. It makes fine toasties but there are some very serious problems with quality control at Sunbeam when a device only lasts for 10 or 12 uses.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi martind57, please contact us on 1300 881 861 so we can try to assist you furhter

Doesn’t cook properly

I bought this maker 2 weeks ago. It heats fast, seals the edges BUT it doesn’t brown the bread, it’s like eating a soggy piece of toast, was so excited to get this at a good price, but now I’m disappointed with it. I will probably take it back for a refund.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Joanne. Depending on what ingredients you are filling the toastie with, as well as the amount of ingredients, you will see different results. Try reducing the amount of ingredients for a better result.

StuartMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great toasted sangers

Bought this 2 months ago after looking at Google reviews online. Was going for famous brand but reviews sent me to buy this one. Great apparatus, more fillings to enjoy, cuts sandwiches cleanly, fast heat up ans so easy to clean. Glad i did my homework and bought the BEST

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Stuart!!

Stuart

Sunbeam Official. Definitely credit where credit is due. My Big Fill is just ace.

Tim

TimGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect everytime!

I was reluctant to buy this because of negative reviews, but wanted to get something different because I wasn't a fan of the last breville we had.

This one is so much better. We just use normal Coles or woolies brand breads and it works perfectly everytime. The kids love it. We put in mainly just use it for ham and cheese, but have also put tomatoes and egg sometime.

It's easy to clean by just waiting for it to dry, then wiping it down. The trick is to butter the bread on the sides that go on the machine so it doesn't stick. Very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Abby

Abby

Definitely worth it

I love this sandwich press! It works really well, the last sandwich press I had was tiny and spilled everywhere.

The only downfall is that it only cuts down the middle properly about 50% of the time. Not really an issue though as it only takes 2 seconds to fix where it didn’t completely cut.

I’d definitely recommend this one.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Peter

PeterBrisbane

Bread size not an issue

Date PurchasedSep 2017
monaromonaro

monaromonaroMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bread size was not a problem

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Marleneann

MarleneannAU

Just didn't live up to Sunbeam quality.

It doesn't brown the bread no matter how long I left it to do the job. Filling ran out and made a mess. I usually like Sunbeam products... and my last Sunbeam Sandwich toaster was great. This modern product is really bad. Please Sunbeam take it off the market and design a better product.

Date PurchasedJun 2017