Sunbeam Sleep Perfect Quilted

too short a life for the price!!

I really loved it while it worked ..thought it was best I've ever come across. Well fitted and more comfortable with good features.. except didnt last more than a few of years.. For the high price it needs to be more durable please. I've since bought a Breville ... not nearly as neat re wires on the controls but hoping it lasts. Really preferred the Sunbeam design but it went bung! ...and I'm losing confidence in the brand.!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
i am so annoyed with the new Breville with ridiculous cumbersome wires...but the different heat zones are good... wish Sunbeam would fix theirs?hey Anna thanks for the info, we look at all the comments before we go into production each season and tweak our blanket designs and features.

My wife loves it

Its very comfortable, heats up gently from top to toe. Would thoroughly recommend it to any one looking to replace on older style electric blanket. Fits mattress well and does not slip all over the place . Purchased at Harvey Norman Postcode 3121

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Can't wait for winter

I have used this last winter and early spring and have found that the electric blanket has been a blessing to me and my two kids. They climb into bed with me and and pa, and find the bed so nice and warm. Love my kids and my electric blanky.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

I FREEZE EVERY NIGHT

This controller only has 1 hour or 9 hour settings, there is no ON!!
This means YOU CANT TURN IT ON LONGER THAN 9 HOURS!!!!
I HATE IT and cursed it several times till I threw it out and bought a real blanket.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Nothing special

After lots if research I decided on this as the specs say its has an extra warm zone for your feet. It also says you can sleep with it in if you set it to a low setting. Both are a gimic. The feet area are no hotter. And on a low setting it doesnt heat at all!!! You need it on 6 the highest just to really warm the bed up. Total gimic. Don't waste your money. Just go with a cheap electric blanket. It will do thr same job.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great quality and worth the price

I purchased this electric blanket on sale for $175. It heats up fast and has a couple different heat settings as well as a timer to auto turn off. This was the main draw card for me as I usually find once the bed is nice and warm I fall asleep quickly and don't want the blanket on the whole night. Overall it's been a great investment.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Very nice quilting so you can't feel the wires

This blanket had the features I was after: a timer so I didn't accidentally leave it on and also thicker padding than other electric blankets as my old blankets wires felt uncomfortable. The control panel is very easy to use too. It gets very hot on the max temp of 6, so I only need it on about 2 each night.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Saving grace this winter!

I purchased this electric blanket in sales towards the end of winter last year and completely forgot I had put it in the cupboard until only recently! I am SO glad I found it as it has proven to be excellent in making the bed toasty warm before it's time to go to sleep. There's a few heat settings and a timer to auto turn off. Apparently there is an auto body temp sensor but we tend not to sleep with the blanket still on for safety so I can't really comment on this feature. Fit our very deep mattress well and the quilting makes the wires feel less noticeable compared to older styles of electric blankets. Would purchase again but I probably wouldn't pay the full price which I think might be over $200 for a king size bed!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

So far so good. I like this product

I purchased this product recently and have found it really good. This is the first electric blanket I purchased and I like it. The only annoying issue is when the blanket turns off it has a strong blue light. This can be negated by simply turning off the unit. I love the dual operation which allows different temperature on each side of the bed. I have found that overall this is a good product that has kept me toasty and warm on cold winter nights.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Perfect!

I love this product! I have been using this for almost 1 year now, and never regretted my purchase, albeit a bit costly. I always turn it on 10 minutes before going to bed and come to a warm snuggly bed, soooo awesome! :D

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Keeps me warm, not warm enough.

Love this blanket but aside from just being a normal blanket takes a bit to warm up and can't say it provides that much heat. Body heat generally will work better over time and so the electronic component is useful but not amazing. Don't know how much electricity cost will be overnight.

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Perfect for winter

bought these nearly 3 years ago during winter , amazingly warm and soft. their sizing is also perfect! very recommended during winter months, only downsides is the cable was not long enough but extension cord solved it all

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Can't wait to go to bed!

Never have we had such a comfortable electric blanket. The quilting is amazing, cannot feel any wires. The controls are in the right place. The large fitted skirt is fabulous!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Toasty toes!

I love ... no I mean LOVE my leccy blankie! The quick heat up and auto turn off after one or nine hours is great and a reassuring safety feature! No more cold toes and not only are my man and I happy but the cats are ecstatic!!! ;)

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Love this

Love this electric blanket it is everything I had hoped for ,great a brand I trust, detachable controls so I can wash, ready within 5 minutes and with skirting its very comfortable

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Sunbeam Safe & Sound Quilted Elec Blanket

Our old electric Sunbeam blanket suddenly died after many years of good service. As we missed the mid year sales we had to pay full price in September. Our son had purchased a new electric blanket 2 years prior and as his was working well we decided to buy a similar type. The new model has many new features such as 9 heat settings and a timer control (the previous one only had 3 heat settings and had to be turned off manually), detachable and dual controls, cosy feet heating and a fitted design. No problems as of this date.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Winter times with it is like icetime in Alaska cold and painfull

Nobody can be without this electric blanket even it is your last power for the night your will have power to carry on the next morning without pain in your legs ext because your warm

Date PurchasedMar 2016

What a dud!

Bought this electric blanket today as I had the same one for years but had to get a replacement after a house fire (not caused by the blanket). I should have known there was a problem when the sales assistant told me if it stops working to swap the controller over to the other side and if it still doesn't work then it's just the controller. Well he was right! Didn't like the look of it as soon as I took it out of the box. The cover looks more polyester than the old one I had so that was already a disappointment. Then put the thing on the bed and plugged it in, first side fine, other side didn't work. How annoying! Got it for my daughter's bed so she could be warm on the coldest week so far this year but guess she'll have to wait til next weekend when I can get to the store again to exchange it. Not happy!!

Hi Maddie, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Kindest Regards SunbeamHi, thanks for your reply. I am just disappointed as I have always purchased only Sunbeam electric blankets and not happy as I don't feel confident in the quality of the product right now.

Fails too quickly.

I've bought Sunbeam for the last few years and, while they heat quickly and well, they break down relatively quickly too. I like them but having to strip the bed and return the product is a drag. When it gets cold, I just want to be able to trust the warmth of my bed..

Beaut ... until they die. Thank heavens for 3 year warranty!

King Bed size purchased from David Jones, Kotara (NSW). My first comment is KEEP YOUR RECEIPT! From my experience and that of most of the reviewers, you'll need it. For my next comment, let me say that I've found the people at both Sunbeam and the retailer, David Jones, to be genuine and sympathetic in helping me.

Thirdly, while this blanket works it is supreme! Heats up quick, simple controls, washable (I've not had one long enough yet to try this), comfortable and with two elements readily allows both sides to achieve their comfort independently.

My fourth comment is that I suspect the root cause of the consistent product failures is a combination of an over-designed electrical safety system plus a poor attempt at building to the design at the factory and finally an absence of QA/QC at Sunbeam. This final point being that to ensure the product meets its design parameters, Sunbeam should have by now put into place some root cause analysis and product improvement processes to identify why this product doesn't seem to like the electricity supply or customer use.

I'm losing count but I think the one I picked up as a warranty exchange from DJ's today is the fourth if I include the original purchase (I think). All have failed the same way. Work for a year or two. Then one day when I switch it on (twice at the beginning of the cold season after it has been turned off at the power point for - like - 8 months) it blinks infuriatingly at me in a message that says "The controller is not connected to the element". And so far, only on my side of the blanket!!

I've had the same experience of others in PR who get the arcing - crackling noise in the control power (on/off) switch. But I find most 'contact' switches around the house can do this anyway. A combination of dust and moisture. So this I don't find a big problem. Neither am I really concerned that this 240V electrical device that I sleep on and possibly perspire into is unsafe. Rather I suspect that all of the gee-whiz surge and overheating protection in the controller and/or element (blanket) is TOO sensitive.

The bottom line is that I suffer the inconvenience of returning the blanket and replacing it (rather than getting my money back) because when it works, I love it? (Some sort of abused husband syndrome at play? Perhaps).

As a post script, I've invested in a good quality power board with surge protection at the suggestion of Peter the friendly Customer Service person at Sunbeam. I KNOW. I shouldn't have to, right? But I do want to keep this one. And I don't want to admit defeat yet. I means, shit this only the fourth one ... maybe it'll be fourth time lucky? I promise to update if (see, I avoided saying when) this one goes to heating blanket heaven. If it does die, I'd love to find some place to have a postmortem. I REALLY would like to know why they keep dying. Even if Sunbeam don't seem to be.