Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180

Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180

Ged S.Sydney, NSW

Poor Quality like most Sunbeam products

I purchased this frother 2 years ago. The frother mechanism still works great but the jug has paint chipping off it rendering it a risk to the exposed aluminium underneath.
I contacted Sunbeam service dept about this and was conveniently told that the jugs cannot be replaced and I have to purchase a whole new product once again...how convenient...for them.
So, no I cannot recommend this or Sunbeam until they start to make quality products that I am will to pay extra for!

Purchased in August 2017 for $60.00.

Ged S.

Sunbeam, you are useless so don't bother replying with a 'sorry' response....

Trish

TrishPerth, WA

Fantastic

Bought today
Made an almond flat white
Frothy tasty no split perfect .
Read the bad reviews and thought oh no I’ve bought a dud!
Will try a hot chocolate next .No complaints but early days.

Purchased in July 2019.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Trish, keep experimenting, the more you use the better you should get...

CarmNorth-West & West coast, TAS

My old one was amazing - new one not

I brought my first cafe creamy forever ago and it finally gave up. I loved it so brought a new one to replace it. This one is not good. Says it’s cooling down all of the time, even when it hasn’t been used. I’m frustrated that I just took for granted it would be as good as the old one and didn’t keep my receipt. Great when they work.

Purchased in April 2019 for $80.00.

Hi Carm,
Sorry to hear that.
Please give our team a call on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you with this...

Carm

Does not heat milk past warm

Machine appears to be working takes about 5 minutes to heat milk to warm then turns off. Unable to turn back on until machine cools down. Inconvenient and not hot enough. Would not recommend.

Purchased in January 2018.

Hi Cherryn,
So sorry to hear of your experience with our EM0180. Please contact us on 1300 881 861. We would love to assist you further.

min40fcPerth, WA

Safe to use compared with other types.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Min, thanks for providing great feedback on this product

Matt N

Matt NWestern Australia

Good frother though doesn't last long

I enjoyed using my frother which I purchased for $79. However now 9 months down the track it no longer functions, it attempts to spin and cuts out after 10 seconds or so. So be prepared the product might need binning within a year unfortunately. Worked well until it's recent malfunction.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Matt. Sorry to hear of the issues you have had with the milk frother. This comes with a 12 month warranty so you can return to the store for a replacement or contact Sunbeam directly on 1300 881 861.

Very disappointed

Have had this frother for about 3-4 months now and it’s frothed my milk for my coffee properly for about the first 2 months. Last week when I turned it on it made a horrible noise and it’s just not frothing properly anymore. Will be taking it back. Useless appliance

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Kell, Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. As this product is well within its warranty period, please give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.

Lizy

Lizy

Love that froth

Totally love this little thing as it makes frothy milk instantly depending on cup size. My kids use for it for hot chocolate & i use it for adding it to my coffee.
Purchased th coffee machine & received this free from Good Guys at the time for Father’s Day

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Lizy!

Vinnie S

Vinnie S

Very disappointed

I received this less than a year ago for my birthday. But after 10 months it no longer froths the milk. It is not exactly cheap. I would have expected this from a cheap frother but not from a frother that cost $79.00. The creaminess of the milk was not great either. I will definately NOT be recommending this product to my family and friends and I will now purchase a cheaper product,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it cant be any worse for heavens sake.
Frustrated and disappointed

Date PurchasedApr 2017

EMO180 does not froth the milk as it used to

The spindle (frothier disk at bottom of cup) does not rotate as fast as it used to therefore no froth on the milk - still heating ok just no froth at the top of cup !!! any suggestions please. So far I've removed the disk at the bottom and cleaned the cup and Disk - no improvement it looks like to me the magnetic follower in the base has slowed DOWN (not rotating fast enough) so still no froth. I gave it 4 stars when it was new great frothier then but not now.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

So disappointed.

I went to the Good Guys and asked for the "best" milk frother. They recommended the Sunbeam Cafe Creamy. It is next to useless. Takes a very long time and the quality of the milk creaminess and froth is appalling. I am going to throw this one out and look for something else that works!.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Mina

MinaSydney

Not strong enough!

Tried it for once its not strong enough and the froth isnt the best, easy to clean and maintain, found it easy to use and user friendly but have tried better milk frothers than this one i think all new ones arent as good as old ones, good value for the money but!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Incredibly disappointing!

So disappointing. Frothed well for the first few months but now barely warms the milk let alone froths it. Also the machine takes at least 5+ minutes to cool down before you can use it again. So incredibly frustrating if you also want to make a cup for your partner or when visitors come over. Hesitant to buy from Sunbeam again.

RSLiu

RSLiuSydney

Excellent froth, could be hotter, lasted years.

5 years of regular use: great froth, easy to clean, enough milk for two coffees at a time. More than happy with it. Would be nice if one could alter temperature to a little hotter, but that's only an afterthought. About to buy another one as mine finally have up the ghost.

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Great

Frothy better than Breville Nespresso machine frother and makes great froth heats milk really good
Cant believe the negative reviews Mine makes lovely cappuccino
Heat cup first with hot water All coffee never comes out hot as boiled water or it burns the coffee and milk can't overheat or it scalds
Mine is still working well and best froth is with low fat milk It equals a result of a machine heating milk shooting hot water into jug. If you use low fat milk in frother you achieve the same consistency then.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

patsybrisbane

froths well

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Fabulous Froth and hot

Given the negative reviews I was hesitant to buy this but Sunbeam is reputable and I am glad I did. Are the lack of froth people using skim milk or 2% cos full cream milk does not froth well. Using skim milk, I get 5cm of froth and hot. Very pleased with it. I use it to make chai lattes, hot chocolate and coffee. Easy to clean and very silent when it's operating.

Andrew

AndrewTaree

I just purchased this machine & found that milk is only just hot & cools down very quickly when poured into a mug. Notable is the distinct lack of froth....more like slightly bubbly.
As a milk heater/frother it really seems to fail to deliver on both counts. I was disappointed.

Where can I find one?

Cannot believe all the negative reviews. Mine is at least 4 years old and has given me no problems. Knock on wood. As a matter of fact I'm trying to find one that will work in the US. My grandchildren were visiting in March and have grown accustomed to foamy, frothy mixtures as a treat. Come on Sunbeam ... why don't you have this product on Amazon so I can surprise my grandchildren with their favorite appliance? Help?

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Catherineasked

As an above post. When I turn mine on to foam it starts and then just stops the milk isn’t foamy or hot. Worked for maybe 2 or 3 times then does this. Not happy.

Cherryn
Cherryn

Sunbeam have replaced my faulty item and my replacement is fantastic. Heats no problems. Get in touch with sunbeam and let them know it is faulty

Catherine

Thank you. I will have to as I only got this for mother’s day this year so only about a month old.

Rosemary Webster

Rosemary Websterasked

Where can I get a replacement frothed disc as mine seems to be no longer magnetic

Hi Rosemary Webster,
You can go to our website www.sunbeam.com.au and click on Service & Support. here you will find a list of agents that can assist you. Alternatively, there are many online stores that provide spare parts as well.

Elizabeth C

Elizabeth Casked

Is the foam blender attachment supposed to spin around? Also when I first turn it on to make frothy milk you can hear it working then it stops and all three lights come on. Milk is not even warm.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryMilk Frothers