Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180

MPNs: 1750 and EM0180

2.5

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best milk frother for your home

On Sunday 6th September 2020 I bought this for when I move into my own unit in September 2020 so I can make delicious cappuccinos, hot chocolates, lattes and mochaccinos for when my family and friends come over. The staff were kind and thoughtful to me and the service was fabulous.

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$64.00.

Happy Shopper

Happy ShopperVictoria

Can be noisy but froths perfectly.

I bought this to replace my cheaper milk frother that met a watery end. So far it’s been really good! Unlike its predecessor it has a handle that allows those like myself whose hands can’t hold the cylindrical variety to pour and clean without the risk of dropping (how it’s predecessor met it’s end). It came with two attachments, frothing and mixing. The frothing attachment works fine, the mixer however can make a strange squealing noise (not every time) when used. It doesn’t seem to effect the end result though. Unlike its cheaper predecessor I have never had to remove burnt milk from the jug as I believe it has a thermostat that prevents this from happening making cleaning quick and easy. Overall I’m really happy with this product.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$79.00.

Great at first, then it died

We chose this because Sunbeam = quality. Turns out that's not true. Great at first, then only half effective, then it died. Was told to buy another one! Er.... no thanks.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for A$79.00.

Milk Frothers

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180 compares to other Milk Frothers

Sue

SueCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Don’t purchase

Very disappointed with this product!!
The first one I purchased it stopped spinning altogether after about four weeks and would not froth the milk so I took it back and got a replacement
Replacement works but you cannot put in a half a cup of milk at a time otherwise it will not spin, l have to start off with about 30 mils of milk and then keep adding to get your desired amount
Then it takes about 5 to 7 minutes to heat and trough around half a cup of milk hopeless
I would never recommend this to anybody

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Naomi

Naomi

This is the 2nd one that has the same problem

This is the second one I’ve Purchased in 2 years. Seems to be the same fault. Stops spinning, stops heating, stops working. Taking back 2nd one for refund! Not happy!!

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W for A$79.00.

Won’t be buying sunbeam again

Not even an average product, don’t bother buying one. Barely heats and froths milk, and takes 5+ to cool down. I’ve been waiting for 15 mins now for it to cool down so I can froth another cup of milk. Very frustrating.

Dee

DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very disappointing.

Very slow to heat milk, saucepan is stovetop would be better!
Measurements for milk are poorly located behind the handle and hard to read.
After one week we will no longer bother with using :(

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$79.00.

Rosemaree

RosemareeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

This was great worked well at first

This worked well ay first but after 3 months just stopped working spins while theres no mik as soon as milk in it very noisy but doesnt spin or froth milk at all still heats the milk

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$75.00.

Ged S.Sydney, NSW

Poor Quality like most Sunbeam products

I purchased this frother 2 years ago. The frother mechanism still works great but the jug has paint chipping off it rendering it a risk to the exposed aluminium underneath.
I contacted Sunbeam service dept about this and was conveniently told that the jugs cannot be replaced and I have to purchase a whole new product once again...how convenient...for them.
So, no I cannot recommend this or Sunbeam until they start to make quality products that I am will to pay extra for!

Purchased in August 2017 for A$60.00.

Ged S.

Sunbeam, you are useless so don't bother replying with a 'sorry' response....

Trish

TrishPerth, WA

Fantastic

Bought today
Made an almond flat white
Frothy tasty no split perfect .
Read the bad reviews and thought oh no I’ve bought a dud!
Will try a hot chocolate next .No complaints but early days.

Purchased in July 2019.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Trish, keep experimenting, the more you use the better you should get...

CarmNorth-West & West coast, TAS

My old one was amazing - new one not

I brought my first cafe creamy forever ago and it finally gave up. I loved it so brought a new one to replace it. This one is not good. Says it’s cooling down all of the time, even when it hasn’t been used. I’m frustrated that I just took for granted it would be as good as the old one and didn’t keep my receipt. Great when they work.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$80.00.

Hi Carm,
Sorry to hear that.
Please give our team a call on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you with this...

Carm

Does not heat milk past warm

Machine appears to be working takes about 5 minutes to heat milk to warm then turns off. Unable to turn back on until machine cools down. Inconvenient and not hot enough. Would not recommend.

Purchased in January 2018.

Hi Cherryn,
So sorry to hear of your experience with our EM0180. Please contact us on 1300 881 861. We would love to assist you further.

min40fcPerth, WA

Safe to use compared with other types.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Min, thanks for providing great feedback on this product

Matt N

Matt NWestern Australia

Good frother though doesn't last long

I enjoyed using my frother which I purchased for $79. However now 9 months down the track it no longer functions, it attempts to spin and cuts out after 10 seconds or so. So be prepared the product might need binning within a year unfortunately. Worked well until it's recent malfunction.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Matt. Sorry to hear of the issues you have had with the milk frother. This comes with a 12 month warranty so you can return to the store for a replacement or contact Sunbeam directly on 1300 881 861.

Very disappointed

Have had this frother for about 3-4 months now and it’s frothed my milk for my coffee properly for about the first 2 months. Last week when I turned it on it made a horrible noise and it’s just not frothing properly anymore. Will be taking it back. Useless appliance

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Kell, Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. As this product is well within its warranty period, please give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.

Lizy

Lizy

Love that froth

Totally love this little thing as it makes frothy milk instantly depending on cup size. My kids use for it for hot chocolate & i use it for adding it to my coffee.
Purchased th coffee machine & received this free from Good Guys at the time for Father’s Day

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Lizy!

Vinnie S

Vinnie S

Very disappointed

I received this less than a year ago for my birthday. But after 10 months it no longer froths the milk. It is not exactly cheap. I would have expected this from a cheap frother but not from a frother that cost $79.00. The creaminess of the milk was not great either. I will definately NOT be recommending this product to my family and friends and I will now purchase a cheaper product,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it cant be any worse for heavens sake.
Frustrated and disappointed

Date PurchasedApr 2017

EMO180 does not froth the milk as it used to

The spindle (frothier disk at bottom of cup) does not rotate as fast as it used to therefore no froth on the milk - still heating ok just no froth at the top of cup !!! any suggestions please. So far I've removed the disk at the bottom and cleaned the cup and Disk - no improvement it looks like to me the magnetic follower in the base has slowed DOWN (not rotating fast enough) so still no froth. I gave it 4 stars when it was new great frothier then but not now.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

So disappointed.

I went to the Good Guys and asked for the "best" milk frother. They recommended the Sunbeam Cafe Creamy. It is next to useless. Takes a very long time and the quality of the milk creaminess and froth is appalling. I am going to throw this one out and look for something else that works!.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Mina

MinaSydney

Not strong enough!

Tried it for once its not strong enough and the froth isnt the best, easy to clean and maintain, found it easy to use and user friendly but have tried better milk frothers than this one i think all new ones arent as good as old ones, good value for the money but!

Date PurchasedJan 2018