Help!!My EM0180 is about 6 months old has worked perfectly until this morning, now the mix (centre) light flashes at each attempt to heat and froth milk and nothing happens. Any thoughts as to what the problem is?
Too much frothPurchased this to replace a frother I had for about 7 years which worked great. Pity I can't say the same about this one. Have tried putting in milk from minimum to maximum levels and everything in between and find that with the froth setting it froths the milk way too much and ends up like fairy floss which is useless for making a latte. No power on/off button also painful and as many others have said really hard to see the measuring lines on the inside of the black jug. Will be taking it back and look for an alternative frother Show details
5 years and still working perfectlyWe purchased this milk frother about 5 years ago. We use it about 6 times a week on average. We usually only make two coffees so it is just turned on the once at each use. Give it a rinse straight after use and you want have any problems. It does need to be cleaned properly after each use. Ours has never been particularly noisy, it just makes a bit of a hum while it is running. We highly recommend this product.
Not heating fixHi all
My frother is about 3.5 year old and started to take along time to heat up and not really heating properly, so read through the reviews.
Short answer to fix.
Get some scotch bright and clean the bottom of the jug and the heating pad.
Works perfectly now... Show reply
Handy and practical!We were looking for a quick and easy milk frother and this little appliance came in our help. Very easy to use and fairly quick. It doesn't take much space and it's very handy when it comes to make easy drink. We use to mix cocoa powder or matcha tea and can be used for cold or hot drinks. Also easy to clean. We use on daily basis from quite a long time and it seems the quality of the product is consistent. Show details
Button stopped working after 12mthsSimilar feedback to others:
- Takes a while to heat milk
- Foams milk rather than froth
- Middle button has stopped working on the device after 12mths of use
- Measuring markers difficult to see and under the handle which is inconvenient
Had two and both broke downI’ve had two of these and looked after them well. Both just stopped working. Reason unknown. Bought them because of good capacity and reasonable price but would not buy another.
Worked really well until it stopped. 10 months oldDid job really well until it died. Lights up and sometimes spins but never froths.
Christmas present lasted 10 months.
Would not recommend as a gift unless you intend to give the receipt as well, and who does that? Show details
Going in the Bin!Takes over 5 minutes to warm milk. Provides at least a small amount of foam. Foam and texture is okay at best. We suffered through this for a while but will be replacing it. Was significantly worse than a base model Nespresso Foamer from 5 years ago. Show details
It 'foams' not 'froths'There is so much to love about this milk frother, ie holds enough milk for 2 cups, heats good, so easy to clean, love the handle and pouring spout (especially for the older generation) and the coating is good quality however, it does not froth milk it foams it. We have even started adding some cream to the milk which gives it a better, thicker consistency and the only other real negative is the milk gauge marker is so hard to see and it's placed under the handle.
This really has the potential to be the 'ideal' milk frother for your morning coff... Read moreee but it is sadly lacking and therefore would not recommend and I would not buy another (but according to other reviews it doesn't have a very long lasting lifespan anyway). So come on Sunbeam the market is really lacking in a reasonably priced decent frother with an easy to read gauge marker and froths your milk for 2 cups
Sub standard milk frotherBought this one to replace the Aldi frother as it was hard to clean. It takes forever to heat the milk up, and because it is hard to see the max line you might put in too much milk and it just eventually spews over and ends up burning on the base. Occasionally it makes a weird high pitched noise. The only two things I like about it is that it is easy to clean and it will froth milk well if you are prepared to wait over 5 minutes. Show details
disappointedAbsolutely loved using my milk frother, I use it every morning to make my turmeric lattes. I have had it for well over 12 months now but I have had to replace the frothing tool as it did not froth any more. After replacing it ($33 ) it was back to frothing the milk as it was originally but 4 months on the froth attachment once again needs replacing. It is too expensive to keep having to replace the attachment all the time and now looking for a different appliance that will do the job for longer than 4 months. Show details
Caught fire!Had this for not even a year and I’ve gone to use it today, was cleaned, dried completely before use, only added milk to the max line and the machine has started spouting smoke everywhere from the inside of the base. So dangerous, and smelly! Show details
Great when it workedWe've had two of these - the latest one lasting not much more than a year. I've recommended them to all our friends BUT i think they should last longer than they do. Ours just stopped frothing altogether. Show details
Love itAt first I wasn't keen on paying $90 for a frother but I can see why it's the price it is. Much better than the one we had. Love how you can add hot choc powder into the frother to mix in together.
This is a pic of my mocha. Show details · 1
Questions & Answers
Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180
How do I clean my milk frother?
After removing the milk jug from the power base and emptying its contents, wait forthe milk jug to cool down. Then remove the blender attachment from the base of the milk jug. When cleaning the inside of the milk jug and blending attachment, hand-wash only using a sponge or a soft brush together with normal dish washing liquid. Be careful when cleaning the base of the milk jug where the heating element has contact, as it must not be scratched.
How do I take care of my milk frother?
Always disconnect the Cafe Creamy from the power outlet before cleaning any parts. Before cleaning after use, wait for the appliance to cool down. Do not immerse the power base in water or any other liquid, or allow moisture to come into contact with these parts. Do not use any solvents or abrasive agents for cleaning. Do not use any sharp or hard instruments such as steel wool for cleaning.
How do I achieve consistency in frothing milk?
The Cafe Creamy comes with two milk frothing accessories. Use the attachment labelled 'MIX' to blend chocolate powder with milk to create either hot or cold chocolate drinks. Use the attachment labelled 'FOAM' to create hot, foamed milk for your coffee. The Cafe Creamy will automatically stop once the milk beverage reaches the optimal temperature.
How do I operate the frother function?
- Remove the milk jug from the power base.
- Open the lid of the milk jug and insert the foam blender attachment into the base of the milk jug.
- Pour milk into the milk jug (maximum of 250mL) up to the level that is marked with ‘M’ for max. The milk jug must also be filled above the minimum level, as indicated by the ‘O’ symbol, to operate properly.
- Secure the lid onto the milk jug.
- Plug the power cord into a 230-240V AC power outlet, switch the power on and place the milk jug on the heating element of the power base.
- Press the foam milk button to begin the milk foaming function. In approximately 4 to 5 minutes, dependent on the volume of milk, the appliance will automatically switch off and you will be left with hot, foamed milk in the milk jug.
Why does the frother stop working and what can I do?
Check for flashing control panel lights, this indicates the appliance is cooling down. Please wait approximately 4 minutes before restarting the appliance.
How do I ensure the mechanism under the milk frother doesn't wear out?
Before cleaning after use, wait for the appliance to cool down. Do not immerse the power base in water or any other liquid, or allow moisture to come into contact with these parts. Do not use any solvents or abrasive agents for cleaning. Do not use any sharp or hard instruments such as steel wool for cleaning.
My milk is lukewarm and not hot enough, what should I do?
- Ensure the HOT Mix or HOT Foam button has been pressed.
- Check the base of the milk jug is clean and without any surface damage before each use.
Why does my milk frother foam blender stop rotating after a few seconds?
- Check blending attachment is on correctly.
- Check for flashing control panel lights; product may have overheated from overuse. Please wait approximately 4 minutes before restarting the appliance.
Why does the machine stop making thick froth after some time and what can I do?
- Make sure to use the Foam Blender attachment and ensure the attachment is clean, not damaged and sitting correctly on the jug base before each use.
- Check to make sure the base of the milk jug is clean and without any surface damage before each use.
- Milk foaming is affected by other variables such as the milk type and freshness of the milk. Frothing milk introduces air bubbles into the milk and causes the protein to ‘bond’ with the air bubbles. The higher the protein content in the milk, the better. You will get better foam from skimmed milk, this is because of the low fat content. Fat works against the protein. It is also recommended to start with cold (4-8 °C) and fresh milk (within 3 to 4 days of purchase) that has not been steamed or frozen before. When milk is too old, fat will break down in the milk and the free glycerol works against the protein in the milk.
Latest Consumer Questions
I have a brand new Sunbeam milk frother (purchased an hour ago) I used oatmilk (which I always drink). It is not frothing at all. I have used this before at a friends (with soy) and it was perfect. Help!
EMO 180 just under two years and it's not frothing well but just bubbles, can you please help me what I should do? It's warming up but the froth is not there. Need help please. Kay
I purchased the EM0180 about 2 months ago and it has never frothed my drinks... Is this a fault??? I'm using the foam function and have the foam disc thing attached
- This Sunbeam automatic milk frother lets you prepare 1 cup of frothed milk for coffee.
- You can also use the mixing function to create a consistently mixed hot chocolate or other powdered drink.
- It’s possible to use either hot or cold milk in the appliance.
- The jug is designed with a non-stick coating.
- After milk has stopped frothing, the appliance will automatically turn off.
Here’s what reviewers thought
According to the lesser number of positive accounts, this electric jug froths well enough and prepares tasty drinks.
However, a higher number of reviewers were unhappy with the frother’s performance. According to these reviewers, the appliance has a low longevity and breaks down often, necessitating the purchase of costly replacement parts.
Heating and frothing takes approximately 5 minutes, which some reviewers found to be an inconveniently long time to wait for milk.
The milk jug and the blending attachment can only be hand washed. This is a point of difference compared to parts of other similarly-priced milk frothers, which are dishwasher safe.
- MPN: 1750 and EM0180
- GTIN13: 9311445014639
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.