Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180

Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180

Safe to use compared with other types.

Had plenty of milk frothers, from the ones built on home coffee machines to the stand alone types.
The safety aspect is that your not pressurising water to froth milk as in some stand alone 1990's types with venturi mixer milk frothing attachments , plus you wont develop milk scale like on the steam arms of machines.

The unit uses an magnetic driven aerator spindle which spins and heats milk at the same time at low speed (lower rpm) compared to the cold mixer settings which operate much faster. Its relatively kid safe given the machine wont activate without the cup base fitted.

Its works well for the hot milk frothing, but I found it over aerates and increases the milk volume too much which ;leaves little liquid for filling your ciup. If you let it stand for a while after it will deflate to a consistency you need but each cycle is at least 5 miniutes with a cool down cycle in between. Removal of the agitator heads is a bit awkward and you feel like you might break them, perhaps SB could have provided a fork designed removal tool attachment to balance the forces on the discs rather than putting all force on one side to remove it.

If you want to speed the cycles up, simply add cool tap water to the cup after use and restand it docked in the unit to remove the base heat faster.

I find this excellent for senior citizens, they can combiine a pod coffee machine and this device to remove the ambiguity of owning/using a more complex machine, As a gift idea, not bad either. Its a bit pricy for what it is, I thought $50 might be about right but they go for around $70 on average.

Its not a crowd solving device, rather limited to small serves over time. Its clever but overpriced in my opinion.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Min, thanks for providing great feedback on this productYou know Sunbeam, I purchased a battery driven milk whisk tool of yours . EMO150 many years ago. . That combined with a 2 cup pyrex jug and a microwave is faster and cheaper to froth milk in a safe manner. However , i think that the fact that you consolidated all operations into one device is helpfull for senior citizens and those unfamiliar. Good show!

Good frother though doesn't last long

I enjoyed using my frother which I purchased for $79. However now 9 months down the track it no longer functions, it attempts to spin and cuts out after 10 seconds or so. So be prepared the product might need binning within a year unfortunately. Worked well until it's recent malfunction.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Matt. Sorry to hear of the issues you have had with the milk frother. This comes with a 12 month warranty so you can return to the store for a replacement or contact Sunbeam directly on 1300 881 861.

Very disappointed

Have had this frother for about 3-4 months now and it’s frothed my milk for my coffee properly for about the first 2 months. Last week when I turned it on it made a horrible noise and it’s just not frothing properly anymore. Will be taking it back. Useless appliance

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Kell, Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. As this product is well within its warranty period, please give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.

Love that froth

Totally love this little thing as it makes frothy milk instantly depending on cup size. My kids use for it for hot chocolate & i use it for adding it to my coffee.
Purchased th coffee machine & received this free from Good Guys at the time for Father’s Day

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Thanks for the great review Lizy!

Very disappointed

I received this less than a year ago for my birthday. But after 10 months it no longer froths the milk. It is not exactly cheap. I would have expected this from a cheap frother but not from a frother that cost $79.00. The creaminess of the milk was not great either. I will definately NOT be recommending this product to my family and friends and I will now purchase a cheaper product,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it cant be any worse for heavens sake.
Frustrated and disappointed

Date PurchasedApr 2017

EMO180 does not froth the milk as it used to

The spindle (frothier disk at bottom of cup) does not rotate as fast as it used to therefore no froth on the milk - still heating ok just no froth at the top of cup !!! any suggestions please. So far I've removed the disk at the bottom and cleaned the cup and Disk - no improvement it looks like to me the magnetic follower in the base has slowed DOWN (not rotating fast enough) so still no froth. I gave it 4 stars when it was new great frothier then but not now.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

So disappointed.

I went to the Good Guys and asked for the "best" milk frother. They recommended the Sunbeam Cafe Creamy. It is next to useless. Takes a very long time and the quality of the milk creaminess and froth is appalling. I am going to throw this one out and look for something else that works!.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Not strong enough!

Tried it for once its not strong enough and the froth isnt the best, easy to clean and maintain, found it easy to use and user friendly but have tried better milk frothers than this one i think all new ones arent as good as old ones, good value for the money but!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Incredibly disappointing!

So disappointing. Frothed well for the first few months but now barely warms the milk let alone froths it. Also the machine takes at least 5+ minutes to cool down before you can use it again. So incredibly frustrating if you also want to make a cup for your partner or when visitors come over. Hesitant to buy from Sunbeam again.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Excellent froth, could be hotter, lasted years.

5 years of regular use: great froth, easy to clean, enough milk for two coffees at a time. More than happy with it. Would be nice if one could alter temperature to a little hotter, but that's only an afterthought. About to buy another one as mine finally have up the ghost.

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Great

Frothy better than Breville Nespresso machine frother and makes great froth heats milk really good
Cant believe the negative reviews Mine makes lovely cappuccino
Heat cup first with hot water All coffee never comes out hot as boiled water or it burns the coffee and milk can't overheat or it scalds
Mine is still working well and best froth is with low fat milk It equals a result of a machine heating milk shooting hot water into jug. If you use low fat milk in frother you achieve the same consistency then.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Second Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180 --- previous review under Previous Version

Got a good price (Thank you Sunbeam) on a new machine to make hot chocolate. Love it. No problems but user error (filling with too much water and then adding chocolate powder) which takes it over the middle button limit but can still mix it using the first button. Wish the line in the cup was more prominent or brighter so easier to see though. I do boil my water first so it keeps deliciously hot and melts those marshmallows. Have also used it for making soup and meal sachets. Again no problems. It doesn't take much room and I really like being able to make for only one serving. Only wish I had another cup though. Never have used it for a frother though. My grandchildren also use it and have no problems - we just use water quite as hot as I like for them.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

froths well

I'm in my second machine and yes they do last probably just over 1 year or so, so i see value for money because i use it to froth milk to add to my hot water for a cuppacino!! My second one is now not frothing properly, so i want to replace it, but we used an aldi one at a sports club and it wasn't as good, and i really don't see any other branded ones that are compatible. I don't have room or want a big coffee machine on my bench, so this is a good solution for a good cuppa!!! As said you cannot re use it straight away after making one cup....the machine needs to cool, but it does make it hot and froths the milk well. I use skim milk and don't have any problems. The disk does need to be taken out and cleaned properly after a use to avoid earlier replacement.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Fabulous Froth and hot

Given the negative reviews I was hesitant to buy this but Sunbeam is reputable and I am glad I did. Are the lack of froth people using skim milk or 2% cos full cream milk does not froth well. Using skim milk, I get 5cm of froth and hot. Very pleased with it. I use it to make chai lattes, hot chocolate and coffee. Easy to clean and very silent when it's operating.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

I just purchased this machine & found that milk is only just hot & cools down very quickly when poured into a mug. Notable is the distinct lack of froth....more like slightly bubbly.
As a milk heater/frother it really seems to fail to deliver on both counts. I was disappointed.

Where can I find one?

Cannot believe all the negative reviews. Mine is at least 4 years old and has given me no problems. Knock on wood. As a matter of fact I'm trying to find one that will work in the US. My grandchildren were visiting in March and have grown accustomed to foamy, frothy mixtures as a treat. Come on Sunbeam ... why don't you have this product on Amazon so I can surprise my grandchildren with their favorite appliance? Help?

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Complete garbage

My frother worked reliably for 6 months, then would only heat the water to lukewarm and produce minimal froth, then just slightly heated the milk with no froth after that. Completely useless. My parents one did the same, as did one that belonged to a friend of mine. Don't even last the full 12 months. Don't waste your time or money on this one.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Do not buy. Landfill wasteful product.

All other reviews have covered the problems. Teflon coating coming off after a few uses. Time between heating milk a lot more than 4 minutes. Can only heat enough for 1 cup. Now starts and stops trying to heat milk. Sounds like motor is nearly dead. I can't believe Sunbeam keeps selling this thing knowing all the problems. Typical of modern production. Made to last to end of warranty period. In our case it didn't even make 3 months. No way we'll replace it. Taking back for full refund. Don't buy unless you want to rapidly add to landfill and/or waste good money.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Electric Milk Mixer

It warms milk and makes bubbles. It could, simply, do much more. The three buttons, two do same. Cool Mix, Mix and Mix. ON/OFF AND MIX. Variable speeds. Different Attachment. There is no control. It could HEAT a chocolate drink, coffee or soup, and then mix, or mix then HEAT, and then add froth! It is, $79 Electric Warm Milk Froth, with no control. Would do better to keep yourself warm during winter months with a hand froth. Movement and brains.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Crap machine milk frother

It says to wait 4 minutes before machine cools down before you are able to do more milk, mine you have to wait at least 10 - 15 or longer will be taking back for refund very disappointed very dissatisfied customer. I will be informing all my friends caused they have asked me to let know how it went

Date PurchasedMar 2017