Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180

MPNs: 1750 and EM0180

Sophie S.

Sophie S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Caught fire!

Had this for not even a year and I’ve gone to use it today, was cleaned, dried completely before use, only added milk to the max line and the machine has started spouting smoke everywhere from the inside of the base. So dangerous, and smelly!

Purchased in May 2020 at Myer for $79.00.

Great when it worked

We've had two of these - the latest one lasting not much more than a year. I've recommended them to all our friends BUT i think they should last longer than they do. Ours just stopped frothing altogether.

Purchased at Noel Leeming Physical store.

Love it

At first I wasn't keen on paying $90 for a frother but I can see why it's the price it is. Much better than the one we had. Love how you can add hot choc powder into the frother to mix in together.
This is a pic of my mocha.

Purchased in December 2020 at Betta Home Living for $89.00.

Milk Frothers

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180 compares to other Milk Frothers

Rob D

Rob DCentral West, NSW

Losing the non-stick surface

2 years on and this is looking very shabby. All of the non-stick in and out is wearing off and it is taking longer to froth and then cool down afterwards. Will be replaced very soon - not with a Sunbeam.

Purchased at Big W for $79.00.

WhybeeVictoria

7 years and still going

Purchased in December 2013 at Friend gave it to me second hand.

Whybee

Oh and I always use a latte ring not capp, never been happy with non steam milk frother no matter aeroccino or others. You simply cannot beat the real double boiler steamer I'd say. Good for latte though

Hello Whybee,
Thank you for your review and continued updates, we appreciate your feedback.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Caught fire

On Sunday 6th September 2020 I bought this and I went to use it on Friday 29th January 2021 by adding milk to the max line and the machine has started smoking everywhere from the inside of the base. I would avoid using this because it is extremely dangerous because I almost got myself electrocuted so I am definitely lucky to be alive.

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $64.00.

Happy Shopper

Happy ShopperVictoria

Can be noisy but froths perfectly.

I bought this to replace my cheaper milk frother that met a watery end. So far it’s been really good! Unlike its predecessor it has a handle that allows those like myself whose hands can’t hold the cylindrical variety to pour and clean without the risk of dropping (how it’s predecessor met it’s end). It came with two attachments, frothing and mixing. The frothing attachment works fine, the mixer however can make a strange squealing noise (not every time) when used. It doesn’t seem to effect the end result though. Unlike its cheaper predecessor I have never had to remove burnt milk from the jug as I believe it has a thermostat that prevents this from happening making cleaning quick and easy. Overall I’m really happy with this product.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $79.00.

Great at first, then it died

We chose this because Sunbeam = quality. Turns out that's not true. Great at first, then only half effective, then it died. Was told to buy another one! Er.... no thanks.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $79.00.

Sue

SueCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Don’t purchase

Very disappointed with this product!!
The first one I purchased it stopped spinning altogether after about four weeks and would not froth the milk so I took it back and got a replacement
Replacement works but you cannot put in a half a cup of milk at a time otherwise it will not spin, l have to start off with about 30 mils of milk and then keep adding to get your desired amount
Then it takes about 5 to 7 minutes to heat and trough around half a cup of milk hopeless
I would never recommend this to anybody

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Naomi

Naomi

This is the 2nd one that has the same problem

This is the second one I’ve Purchased in 2 years. Seems to be the same fault. Stops spinning, stops heating, stops working. Taking back 2nd one for refund! Not happy!!

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W for $79.00.

Won’t be buying sunbeam again

Not even an average product, don’t bother buying one. Barely heats and froths milk, and takes 5+ to cool down. I’ve been waiting for 15 mins now for it to cool down so I can froth another cup of milk. Very frustrating.

Dee

DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very disappointing.

Very slow to heat milk, saucepan is stovetop would be better!
Measurements for milk are poorly located behind the handle and hard to read.
After one week we will no longer bother with using :(

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $79.00.

Rosemaree

RosemareeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

This was great worked well at first

This worked well ay first but after 3 months just stopped working spins while theres no mik as soon as milk in it very noisy but doesnt spin or froth milk at all still heats the milk

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $75.00.

Ged S.Sydney, NSW

Poor Quality like most Sunbeam products

I purchased this frother 2 years ago. The frother mechanism still works great but the jug has paint chipping off it rendering it a risk to the exposed aluminium underneath.
I contacted Sunbeam service dept about this and was conveniently told that the jugs cannot be replaced and I have to purchase a whole new product once again...how convenient...for them.
So, no I cannot recommend this or Sunbeam until they start to make quality products that I am will to pay extra for!

Purchased in August 2017 for $60.00.

Ged S.

Sunbeam, you are useless so don't bother replying with a 'sorry' response....

Trish

TrishPerth, WA

Fantastic

Bought today
Made an almond flat white
Frothy tasty no split perfect .
Read the bad reviews and thought oh no I’ve bought a dud!
Will try a hot chocolate next .No complaints but early days.

Purchased in July 2019.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Trish, keep experimenting, the more you use the better you should get...

CarmNorth-West & West coast, TAS

My old one was amazing - new one not

I brought my first cafe creamy forever ago and it finally gave up. I loved it so brought a new one to replace it. This one is not good. Says it’s cooling down all of the time, even when it hasn’t been used. I’m frustrated that I just took for granted it would be as good as the old one and didn’t keep my receipt. Great when they work.

Purchased in April 2019 for $80.00.

Hi Carm,
Sorry to hear that.
Please give our team a call on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you with this...

Carm

Does not heat milk past warm

Machine appears to be working takes about 5 minutes to heat milk to warm then turns off. Unable to turn back on until machine cools down. Inconvenient and not hot enough. Would not recommend.

Purchased in January 2018.

Hi Cherryn,
So sorry to hear of your experience with our EM0180. Please contact us on 1300 881 861. We would love to assist you further.

min40fcPerth, WA

Safe to use compared with other types.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Min, thanks for providing great feedback on this product

Matt N

Matt NWestern Australia

Good frother though doesn't last long

I enjoyed using my frother which I purchased for $79. However now 9 months down the track it no longer functions, it attempts to spin and cuts out after 10 seconds or so. So be prepared the product might need binning within a year unfortunately. Worked well until it's recent malfunction.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Matt. Sorry to hear of the issues you have had with the milk frother. This comes with a 12 month warranty so you can return to the store for a replacement or contact Sunbeam directly on 1300 881 861.

Very disappointed

Have had this frother for about 3-4 months now and it’s frothed my milk for my coffee properly for about the first 2 months. Last week when I turned it on it made a horrible noise and it’s just not frothing properly anymore. Will be taking it back. Useless appliance

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Kell, Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. As this product is well within its warranty period, please give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Creamy Automatic EM0180

How do I clean my milk frother?

After removing the milk jug from the power base and emptying its contents, wait forthe milk jug to cool down. Then remove the blender attachment from the base of the milk jug. When cleaning the inside of the milk jug and blending attachment, hand-wash only using a sponge or a soft brush together with normal dish washing liquid. Be careful when cleaning the base of the milk jug where the heating element has contact, as it must not be scratched.

How do I take care of my milk frother?

Always disconnect the Cafe Creamy from the power outlet before cleaning any parts. Before cleaning after use, wait for the appliance to cool down. Do not immerse the power base in water or any other liquid, or allow moisture to come into contact with these parts. Do not use any solvents or abrasive agents for cleaning. Do not use any sharp or hard instruments such as steel wool for cleaning.

How do I achieve consistency in frothing milk?

The Cafe Creamy comes with two milk frothing accessories. Use the attachment labelled 'MIX' to blend chocolate powder with milk to create either hot or cold chocolate drinks. Use the attachment labelled 'FOAM' to create hot, foamed milk for your coffee. The Cafe Creamy will automatically stop once the milk beverage reaches the optimal temperature.

How do I operate the frother function?

1. Remove the milk jug from the power base.
  2. Open the lid of the milk jug and insert the foam blender attachment into the base of the milk jug.
  3. Pour milk into the milk jug (maximum of 250mL) up to the level that is marked with ‘M’ for max. The milk jug must also be filled above the minimum level, as indicated by the ‘O’ symbol, to operate properly.
  4. Secure the lid onto the milk jug.
  5. Plug the power cord into a 230-240V AC power outlet, switch the power on and place the milk jug on the heating element of the power base.
  6. Press the foam milk button to begin the milk foaming function. In approximately 4 to 5 minutes, dependent on the volume of milk, the appliance will automatically switch off and you will be left with hot, foamed milk in the milk jug.

Why does the frother stop working and what can I do?

Check for flashing control panel lights, this indicates the appliance is cooling down. Please wait approximately 4 minutes before restarting the appliance.

How do I ensure the mechanism under the milk frother doesn't wear out?

My milk is lukewarm and not hot enough, what should I do?

1. Ensure the HOT Mix or HOT Foam button has been pressed.
  2. Check the base of the milk jug is clean and without any surface damage before each use.

Why does my milk frother foam blender stop rotating after a few seconds?

1. Check blending attachment is on correctly.
  2. Check for flashing control panel lights; product may have overheated from overuse. Please wait approximately 4 minutes before restarting the appliance.

Why does the machine stop making thick froth after some time and what can I do?

1. Make sure to use the Foam Blender attachment and ensure the attachment is clean, not damaged and sitting correctly on the jug base before each use.
  2. Check to make sure the base of the milk jug is clean and without any surface damage before each use.
  3. Milk foaming is affected by other variables such as the milk type and freshness of the milk. Frothing milk introduces air bubbles into the milk and causes the protein to ‘bond’ with the air bubbles. The higher the protein content in the milk, the better. You will get better foam from skimmed milk, this is because of the low fat content. Fat works against the protein. It is also recommended to start with cold (4-8 °C) and fresh milk (within 3 to 4 days of purchase) that has not been steamed or frozen before. When milk is too old, fat will break down in the milk and the free glycerol works against the protein in the milk.

Latest Consumer Questions

Sandy A.

Sandy A.asked

Our second Sunbeam frother has again stopped working. Froth like ice cream, the machine won’t spin etc. Seems like after 12 Twelve months and warranty has run out the machine has failed. And at the price of $89 I will not be buying another one as I can’t get another one on warranty as warranty has run out. Always just after 12 months. So I feel that Sunbeam give the 12 month warranty as they know the life expectancy of the machine. Yes Lyn will also be moving to a Breville
Sandy

Tish

Oh.really.thats not good and yes not a cheap one to replace. Let see how we go in December.

Hi Sandy,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Jenny W.asked

Our Sunbeam Creamy has been a great accessory in our house, until the past month or so. Usually it froths the milk perfectly and temperature okay (although could be warmer). No matter what milk we use and always cows milk, it no longer froths. We have cleaned the whole machine thoroughly on several occasions, changed frothing attachment... you name it, but still no change. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Hi Jenny W,
Just to double check did you follow the below steps:
1- Make sure to use Foam Blender attachment and ensure attachment is clean, not damaged and sitting correctly on the jug base before each use.
2- Check to make sure the base of the milk jug is clean and without any surface damage before each use.
3- Milk foaming is affected by other variables such as the milk type and freshness of the milk. Frothing milk is introducing air bubbles into the milk and causes the protein to ‘bond’ with the air bubbles. The higher the protein content in the milk, the better. You will get better foam from skimmed milk, this is because of the low fat content. Fat works against the protein. It is also recommended to start with cold (4-8 °C) and fresh milk (within 3 to 4 days after purchase) that has not been steamed or frozen before. When milk is too old, fat will break down in the milk and the free glycerol is working against the protein in the milk.
If you have tried all of these & your still having issues you could go onto our website attached https://www.sunbeam.com.au/ & if you scroll to the bottom you will find service agents locator if you tap on that it will show you any service agents in your local area they may be able to assist you if your still experiencing no froth.

Thank you...

Hi Jenny W,
No worries at all.

Joey

Joeyasked

Hi my jug seems to be over throffing my milk and taking longer to do so.....any ideas???

Peter
Peter

I am the same can not poor it out have to spoon it out just like ice cream

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryMilk Frothers