Sunbeam Cafe Series Blenders

Sunbeam Cafe Series Blenders

PB9800 and PB9600

Blades have failed. Again.

Was pretty happy with this blender for some time before it started leaking out of the bottom. Had to pay to replace the blades and everything was good again. Now, roughly ~12 months later, it's leaking *again*. Have to make the decision whether to keep replacing the blades at ~$70 every year or just throw it out and buy something else.

Update: they don't even have the replacement blades available until "next month".

Purchased in November 2015.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Smoothies
Hi Andrew Magee, Thank you for your review. The PB9800 is a great product and a top of the range blender. The replacement of blades is not uncommon and is usually wear and tear. It comes in a whole assembly because the seal around the underside of the blades is fitted extremely tight. By just replacing the seal - it would not be able to seal or attach properly. The price is determined by the Service Agent (independent business) and we have no influence on their pricing. None the less - I will be passing this feedback to our product and spare part manager. Kind Regards, SunbeamFYI here is a quote from the place that sells the blade assemblies: "They comes with 3 months warranty, if you blend frozen fruits or vegies they get brake quickly."

Have to replace stainless steel blade assembly due to rusting

We bought this blender paying more than other brands to find that less than a year old it started leaking brown liquid into the bowl. I was told we had to replace the blade assembly. It's unacceptable that a stainless steel part rusts less than a year old requiring us to spend more money. I would not recommend this brand. I wrote to the Sunbeam Head Office months ago and received no response. Disappointing product and customer service.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for $250.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Daily
Used for: Smoothies
Hi ALT, So sorry to hear of your experience with this. Please call us on 1300 881 861 with your purchase receipt details and we would love to assist you further. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Worked well for a short time

It did a great job blending smoothies initially, however when it was only about 2 years old it started oozing rusty liquid into the base of the jug, then made terrible noises and disintegrated at the base. I expected a longer life span than this. I have always looked after it and cleaned it very well.

Purchased in April 2017.

Product is used: Weekly
Used for: Smoothies and Soups
Hi Harold, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. From your description it sounds like the blade assembly needed replacing. This is not unusual and is wear and tear for this part. Your feedback will definitely be passed on to our product team. If you still have the blender and your purchase receipt please call us on 1300 881 861 and we will assist you further. Kind Regards,Thank you for contacting me. I will certainly ring when I get a chance. Regards Harold

Love it!

I had the previous model which unfortunately had a plastic connection where the jug connects to the blender, of course it ground itself down and the blender could not turn the blade. This model has been discontinued. Thankfully. Now I have the latest and it’s great. The connections are metal and much stronger wearing. I expect this machine will last a very long time. Well done to Sunbeam for upgrading a great machine that makes great green drinks for my whole family.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thanks for the great review Meredith!

Leaks brown rusty sludge!!!

I wish I had read thr reviews before buying. We make a green smoothy everyday. Less than one year has passed, and it is leaking rusty sludge from the base_blade. It seema loke MANY people are in the same boat. We have misplaced reciept, and the shop Kamboos went into administration. Looking at the other reviews, I expect nothing will be done by Sunbeam. So disappointing.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Scott. Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. It sounds that the seal in the jug may be out of place or worn. please give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.

PB9800 Cafe Series II Blender

I'm really happy with this blender. I had its precursor so bought the new model and was pleased to find it has a number of automatic settings. I use the smoothie setting every day and it makes really creamy smoothies. The plastic jug is generous and strong but also very light to handle. I rate it a big improvement over the old model, which I already liked. I'd highly recommend it to any purchaser and it arrived sooner than anticipated.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thanks again Bethany!!

Used nearly incessantly for three years - still excellent!

I’m astonished at some of the reviews this product is receiving. For me it has worked perfectly for the last three years and continues to do so. I even bought another and took it to Europe (in my luggage!) so my mother could have one too! We use it up to four times a day, sometimes even giving the jug an extra cleaning in the dishwasher with no problems.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Hi AnnabeIN, thanks for the fantastic review!!! I do agree with you on this. My family use this blender at home constantly and it stands up to them!!! Happy summer blending!

Sunbeam satisfied

Completely satisfied by the making of machine. The options for liquids are great. Basically can use anything that you need processed whether it's to be as thick or thin required.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Azz, Thanks for reviewing, it really is a great Blender and the 2000watt motor ensures it powers through!!!

Last one year then not worth fixing

Blender base seal leaks food into the bearing and rusts it out within 3 months. It's not designed to be repaired, It's designed to be replaced but costs more than it's worth.
The motor has brushes which are also not designed to be replaced.
We got this model as a replacement under warranty after 4 previous failures.
The staff are helpfull but they do nothing to change the design so the same faults happen again and again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Poor quality, previous model much better

Poor quality, previous model much better. Base seal faulty and motor fault. Doesn’t blend anywhere near as well as the previous model. For the money this product does not perform as expected.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi CExpress - judging by your purchase date this product is still within it's 12 month warranty period. please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

It's great.

It's just perfect for us. We enjoy to use for cooking. For example, basil pesto, soup or dressing. It is powerful and not noisy. If it is broken in the future, we will buy the same one again.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thanks for the great review Natalie!!

Heavy duty & easy to clean

We mainly use it for crushing ice etc - which it does with ease. The jug is lightweight & easy to clean - which was one of our main requirements. It is a little on the large side, but works very well for what we use it for.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Easy to use, with some conditions

The machine blends really well, feels like a lawn mower with its blades.
Just make sure you screw the bottom on correctly, because it has leaked sometimes.
Cleaning it is easy too, I prefer doing it straight after blending that way it doesn't stick.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

A great blender that didn't last very long

I purchased this blender at the start of 2017 and I was quite happy with it as I was mainly using it for basic things such as smoothies, soups, drinks etc. Unfortunately, the seal at the bottom of the blender (below the blades) has broken and now leaks everywhere so it's basically unusable. However, we did use it with ice and hot liquids before it broke and it did a great job.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Easy to use & clean

Mainly use for blending fruits and vegetables. Quite noisy when blending but does the job well. Ice cubes can be chucked in for blending too. It did leak once as the bottom was not properly screwed back on after washing.

Essential for the Bracket under a Vitamix

If you're not wanting to fork out for the Spendier vitamix, the motor in the Cafe series has worked with everything I've thrown at it, ice, frozen mango, grain, etc.
Only issue is that around six months in, the rotor bearings rusted out and the rotor made an awful grinding noise on start up.
I can't tell if this was because I failed to clean it properly or because of the product design. i suspect the later. The replacement was not cheap, but did restore usage of the unit which is still a powerhouse.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Can't imagine morning breakfast without this

The blender is awesone. I am using this for 7 months and I can't imagine morning breakfast without this. This is realy good to make shakes and smoothies. The blender is well-built and never fails. Not much noisy compared to other blenders which I have used before. Easy to store and clean.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Started off great but went bad....

A little disappointed with the purchase. I've read a few people discuss the 'leaking' problem and I've started to experience it. The base is sealed but the blade internally doesn't appear to be. So whenever I use it, liquid leaks from the container onto where the motor connects to the blade.

Other than that, it's a great blender, but they really need to address the leaking.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great blender in every way

I have purchased this blender to make pureed food for my baby. It is very powerful, looks great on the kitchen bench, it is easy to clean after use and not that heavy.I can see that the product is durable and built to last. I would recommend this product to a friend.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Powerful, fast, and easy to clean!

I bought this blender on boxing day last year as I was looking for something durable and do the proper job. I know this product is not cheap, but it really does a great job. It's very powerful and fast (smoothie will be done in 30 seconds!). I use the pre-clean button with a tiny amount of detergent with water straight after using it. It cleans so well, so I don't really need to wash it again. It does an excellent job.

Date PurchasedDec 2016