Sunbeam Cafe Series Blenders

• Safety
Rachael

RachaelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Leaking Jug

We have been very happy with the blender until it started leaking from the jug just after the warranty expired.
To the point we can no longer use it.
Can anyone tell me how I can sort this problem out

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$249.00.

TAJ

TAJSydney, NSW

Doesn’t perform or blend like a NutriBullet Ninja

Sorry Sunbeam-normally love your product but this is a dud. Read reviews that said it was great so when I needed to replace my blender that I used to use every day thought I’d do what I thought would be an upgrade.

My Ninja made my smoothies (with protein powder) light, airy and fluffy. The cafe blender can’t seem to get air into the mixture to create the mousse like effect. If i Could afford it I’d ditch this and go back to my Ninja. As it is it’s now just gathering dust on the bench and I’m using a wand blender (bowl) and getting better results.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer for A$139.30.

Product is usedDaily

Hi Taj,
Sorry to hear.

Andrew MageeVictoria, Australia

Blades have failed. Again.

Was pretty happy with this blender for some time before it started leaking out of the bottom. Had to pay to replace the blades and everything was good again. Now, roughly ~12 months later, it's leaking *again*. Have to make the decision whether to keep replacing the blades at ~$70 every year or just throw it out and buy something else.

Update: they don't even have the replacement blades available until "next month".

Purchased in November 2015.

Safety
Product is usedSeveral times a week
Andrew Magee

FYI here is a quote from the place that sells the blade assemblies:

"They comes with 3 months warranty, if you blend frozen fruits or vegies they get brake quickly."

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series Blenders compares to other Blenders

Have to replace stainless steel blade assembly due to rusting

We bought this blender paying more than other brands to find that less than a year old it started leaking brown liquid into the bowl. I was told we had to replace the blade assembly. It's unacceptable that a stainless steel part rusts less than a year old requiring us to spend more money. I would not recommend this brand. I wrote to the Sunbeam Head Office months ago and received no response. Disappointing product and customer service.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for A$250.00.

Product is usedDaily

Hi ALT,
So sorry to hear of your experience with this. Please call us on 1300 881 861 with your purchase receipt details and we would love to assist you further. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

HaroldSydney, NSW

Worked well for a short time

It did a great job blending smoothies initially, however when it was only about 2 years old it started oozing rusty liquid into the base of the jug, then made terrible noises and disintegrated at the base. I expected a longer life span than this. I have always looked after it and cleaned it very well.

Purchased in April 2017.

Product is usedWeekly
Used forSmoothies and Soups
Harold

Thank you for contacting me. I will certainly ring when I get a chance. Regards Harold

Meredith H

Meredith HBrisbane

Love it!

I had the previous model which unfortunately had a plastic connection where the jug connects to the blender, of course it ground itself down and the blender could not turn the blade. This model has been discontinued. Thankfully. Now I have the latest and it’s great. The connections are metal and much stronger wearing. I expect this machine will last a very long time. Well done to Sunbeam for upgrading a great machine that makes great green drinks for my whole family.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Meredith!

Scott H

Scott HPerth

Leaks brown rusty sludge!!!

I wish I had read thr reviews before buying. We make a green smoothy everyday. Less than one year has passed, and it is leaking rusty sludge from the base_blade. It seema loke MANY people are in the same boat. We have misplaced reciept, and the shop Kamboos went into administration. Looking at the other reviews, I expect nothing will be done by Sunbeam. So disappointing.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Scott. Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. It sounds that the seal in the jug may be out of place or worn. please give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.

Bethany

BethanyMILDURA SOUTH

PB9800 Cafe Series II Blender

I'm really happy with this blender. I had its precursor so bought the new model and was pleased to find it has a number of automatic settings. I use the smoothie setting every day and it makes really creamy smoothies. The plastic jug is generous and strong but also very light to handle. I rate it a big improvement over the old model, which I already liked. I'd highly recommend it to any purchaser and it arrived sooner than anticipated.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Thanks again Bethany!!

AnnabelN

AnnabelNPerth, WA

Used nearly incessantly for three years - still excellent!

I’m astonished at some of the reviews this product is receiving. For me it has worked perfectly for the last three years and continues to do so. I even bought another and took it to Europe (in my luggage!) so my mother could have one too! We use it up to four times a day, sometimes even giving the jug an extra cleaning in the dishwasher with no problems.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi AnnabeIN, thanks for the fantastic review!!! I do agree with you on this. My family use this blender at home constantly and it stands up to them!!! Happy summer blending!

Azz

Azz

Sunbeam satisfied

Completely satisfied by the making of machine. The options for liquids are great. Basically can use anything that you need processed whether it's to be as thick or thin required.

Hi Azz,
Thanks for reviewing, it really is a great Blender and the 2000watt motor ensures it powers through!!!

Last one year then not worth fixing

Blender base seal leaks food into the bearing and rusts it out within 3 months. It's not designed to be repaired, It's designed to be replaced but costs more than it's worth.
The motor has brushes which are also not designed to be replaced.
We got this model as a replacement under warranty after 4 previous failures.
The staff are helpfull but they do nothing to change the design so the same faults happen again and again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
CExpress

CExpressGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor quality, previous model much better

Poor quality, previous model much better. Base seal faulty and motor fault. Doesn’t blend anywhere near as well as the previous model. For the money this product does not perform as expected.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi CExpress - judging by your purchase date this product is still within it's 12 month warranty period. please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

Natalie

Natalie

It's great.

It's just perfect for us. We enjoy to use for cooking. For example, basil pesto, soup or dressing. It is powerful and not noisy. If it is broken in the future, we will buy the same one again.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Natalie!!

Alison

AlisonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Heavy duty & easy to clean

We mainly use it for crushing ice etc - which it does with ease. The jug is lightweight & easy to clean - which was one of our main requirements. It is a little on the large side, but works very well for what we use it for.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
treebytheriver

treebytheriverSydney

Easy to use, with some conditions

The machine blends really well, feels like a lawn mower with its blades.
Just make sure you screw the bottom on correctly, because it has leaked sometimes.
Cleaning it is easy too, I prefer doing it straight after blending that way it doesn't stick.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Pete

PeteBrisbane

A great blender that didn't last very long

I purchased this blender at the start of 2017 and I was quite happy with it as I was mainly using it for basic things such as smoothies, soups, drinks etc. Unfortunately, the seal at the bottom of the blender (below the blades) has broken and now leaks everywhere so it's basically unusable. However, we did use it with ice and hot liquids before it broke and it did a great job.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
internet user Perth

internet user PerthPerth

Easy to use & clean

Mainly use for blending fruits and vegetables. Quite noisy when blending but does the job well. Ice cubes can be chucked in for blending too. It did leak once as the bottom was not properly screwed back on after washing.

Sam Mise

Sam MiseBrisbane

Essential for the Bracket under a Vitamix

If you're not wanting to fork out for the Spendier vitamix, the motor in the Cafe series has worked with everything I've thrown at it, ice, frozen mango, grain, etc.
Only issue is that around six months in, the rotor bearings rusted out and the rotor made an awful grinding noise on start up.
I can't tell if this was because I failed to clean it properly or because of the product design. i suspect the later. The replacement was not cheap, but did restore usage of the unit which is still a powerhouse.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Ann

AnnAustralia

Can't imagine morning breakfast without this

The blender is awesone. I am using this for 7 months and I can't imagine morning breakfast without this. This is realy good to make shakes and smoothies. The blender is well-built and never fails. Not much noisy compared to other blenders which I have used before. Easy to store and clean.

thoresus

thoresusMelbourne

Started off great but went bad....

A little disappointed with the purchase. I've read a few people discuss the 'leaking' problem and I've started to experience it. The base is sealed but the blade internally doesn't appear to be. So whenever I use it, liquid leaks from the container onto where the motor connects to the blade.

Other than that, it's a great blender, but they really need to address the leaking.

Date PurchasedJun 2017