Sunbeam DT5600

Sunbeam DT5600 Questions & Answers

MPN: 35903108

10 questions from our users

Can you use only 2 trays
Hi Geoff M, Thank you for your question. You can use just two trays. We suggest to put a spare empty tray on the top shelf and then place the 2 trays evenly apart below. The empty top tray allows the air to circulate evenly rather than directly onto the next tray down.

Can you dry off home grown almonds without drying out the kernels.
Hi Baeney, Thanks for your question. Sorry- this cannot be done without drying the kernel too. The heat will penetrate through the outer layer to the kernel.Thanks. That is what I was concerned about.

I purchased a Sunbeam Healthy Food Dryer many years ago, and have never used it, until today. My question is: is it meant to only run for 30 seconds and stop and restart for 30 secs and stop? It repeatedly does this.
No mine doesn't do that. I set it for the time allocated for the particular product I am drying and it always takes two to three times the time that it should. Yours must be faulty to do that!!! And very frustrating. Hope that this helps.

what exactly is the wattage of this unit please?
So sorry ,we have got rid of the unit. It would be better if you sorced it through your appliance store . Thanks.It was 370w on high, but the temperature was supposed to reach 75degrees (doubtful that it did). We took ours back for a refund - suggest you do too. It took me all day just to dry parsley sprigs (should have taken 2-4hrs) AND I had it on a higher heat than suggested.

how much does it cost to run per hour?
Hi Mel, very low wattage and cost would depend on your electricity provider. You can contact them with the wattage and they will advise given the amount of hours you are using it for.

Just wondered if the bench top that I sat my unit on should get as hot as it does? I could not hold my hand on the spot for even a short length of time as I would have suffered a burn for sure. Maybe it would be best on the sink? Or even outside as it is rather noisy. Be happy to get some advice here..am a first time user..was xmas gift, and made beef jerky, but as the bench got so hot, turned it off and the jerky is ok but a bit chewy. cheers Mandy
Hi Mandy, our suggestion would be to sit the unit on a wooden chopping board and would not recommend the sink.Hi Mandy. I put mine in the laundry with the window open to allow good ventilation. Like you I was concerned about the heat on the laundry benchtop so I sit mine on a glass chopping board. I am very happy with the unit as it makes great beef jerky. Regards. Lynn

Can I buy more trays for this? If so, where from?
Hi Michelle, for any spare parts please go to our Website under Support and service https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Service--Support/Service-Support/

I am using my brand new dehyrdrator for the first time and the motor seems to fluctuate. it has surges of power on and off throughout the drying process. is this normal?
Mine has never done that ever ... so if it is brand new I am thinking you may have a faulty unit.No. This is a standard fault and it will eventually stop working. Take it back and get your m oney back.

basil still not dry after 7 hrs
I found nearly everything takes at least double the time that the book says it will take to dry.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives