Sunbeam DT5600

MPN: 35903108

11 questions from our users

lauren

laurenasked

I have been asked a question on how to turn sugar syrup back into sugar granules. May i know if a food dehydrator will be able to do so? Thanks for your help.

Hi lauren,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. This will not work in our dehydrators. It will be more like a hardened toffee and will not crystalize completely. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Geoff M.

Geoff M.asked

Can you use only 2 trays

Hi Geoff M,
Thank you for your question. You can use just two trays. We suggest to put a spare empty tray on the top shelf and then place the 2 trays evenly apart below. The empty top tray allows the air to circulate evenly rather than directly onto the next tray down.

Baeneyasked

Can you dry off home grown almonds without drying out the kernels.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Baeney, Thanks for your question. Sorry- this cannot be done without drying the kernel too. The heat will penetrate through the outer layer to the kernel.

Baeney

Thanks. That is what I was concerned about.

kiwiquail

kiwiquailasked

I purchased a Sunbeam Healthy Food Dryer many years ago, and have never used it, until today. My question is: is it meant to only run for 30 seconds and stop and restart for 30 secs and stop? It repeatedly does this.

Robyn
Robyn

No mine doesn't do that. I set it for the time allocated for the particular product I am drying and it always takes two to three times the time that it should. Yours must be faulty to do that!!! And very frustrating. Hope that this helps.

gfpool

gfpoolasked

How much power does this unit use?

Warren Nash
Warren Nash

I honestly have no idea. My power bill does not rise appreciably to notice. I run the unit for days at a time over Autumn, drying apples/pear other fruit, herbs etc.

skoni
skoni

370W on max temp settings. Less on two other settings but then you will get lower temperatures. But why bother to know how much power the junk quality device sucks ?

Debra

Debraasked

what exactly is the wattage of this unit please?

DAVE
DAVE

So sorry ,we have got rid of the unit.
It would be better if you sorced it
through your appliance store . Thanks.

JD1960
JD1960

It was 370w on high, but the temperature was supposed to reach 75degrees (doubtful that it did). We took ours back for a refund - suggest you do too. It took me all day just to dry parsley sprigs (should have taken 2-4hrs) AND I had it on a higher heat than suggested.

mel

melasked

how much does it cost to run per hour?

EmjoiAustraliaSunbeam

Hi Mel, very low wattage and cost would depend on your electricity provider. You can contact them with the wattage and they will advise given the amount of hours you are using it for.

Mandy Eastland

Mandy Eastlandasked

Just wondered if the bench top that I sat my unit on should get as hot as it does? I could not hold my hand on the spot for even a short length of time as I would have suffered a burn for sure. Maybe it would be best on the sink? Or even outside as it is rather noisy. Be happy to get some advice here..am a first time user..was xmas gift, and made beef jerky, but as the bench got so hot, turned it off and the jerky is ok but a bit chewy. cheers Mandy

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Mandy, our suggestion would be to sit the unit on a wooden chopping board and would not recommend the sink.

Wildjane

Hi Mandy. I put mine in the laundry with the window open to allow good ventilation. Like you I was concerned about the heat on the laundry benchtop so I sit mine on a glass chopping board. I am very happy with the unit as it makes great beef jerky. Regards. Lynn

Michelle

Michelleasked

Can I buy more trays for this? If so, where from?

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Michelle, for any spare parts please go to our Website under Support and service

Jase.erin

Jase.erinasked

I am using my brand new dehyrdrator for the first time and the motor seems to fluctuate. it has surges of power on and off throughout the drying process. is this normal?

Wildjane

Mine has never done that ever ... so if it is brand new I am thinking you may have a faulty unit.

pdexter
pdexter

No. This is a standard fault and it will eventually stop working. Take it back and get your m oney back.

anoyed26

anoyed26asked

basil still not dry after 7 hrs

Unhappy52
Unhappy52

I found nearly everything takes at least double the time that the book says it will take to dry.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives