2Sunbeam Precision EM0700

3.5

19 reviews · Statistics

63%11%26%

Bruke.6 posts

Seven years service and still going strong

NO MORE GRIND ESCAPES.

One can buy a dosing funnel cheaply on Ebay, which is a useful addition for any home barrista.
And sitting it on top of your portafilter keeps all the grinds where you want them. Show details ·  1

MarkNSWSydney, NSW28 posts

Great grinder shame about the mess

Had a model EM480 for years and it was great updated to EMO700 and it also grinds great but it is far too messy, coffee grind splattered all over the place. The problem appears to be the shape of the spout which is "sort of oval" in shape which encourages the spread of the grind. I have removed the light plastic "nest" which falls off easily and raise the filter basket as high as possible but still very messy, the round rubber outlet of the EM480 was much better design.
Bought in June 2020 and would be great bar the mess it creates. Show details
Sunbeam
Sunbeam   DM
Glen
GlenQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Good for the price

I've had this machine for two years now. It required some calibration to achieve a finer grind. Some minor clumping occurs if the beans are a bit oily. I clean the burrs regularly with the supplied brush. Blowing some compressed air backwards through the outlet shute (do this outside) will get all the sticky grinds out which greatly improves the situation with clumping. Show details ·  1
montxsuz
montxsuzAU60 posts

Quite happy with it so far

I bought this EM0700 grinder as it was on a half price sale at David Jones. It replaced a conical grinder from Aldi - which was working fine by the way. I have been using it for about a month. I am using the auto grinding function to get ground coffee when needed - Hopefully this will give me the freshest grounds possible. I like the little light that switches on in the process. The hopper takes much more beans than the Aldi version, a function which I don't really need. No complaints so far, but I had to buy a better espresso machine (EM7100) to match. Using the EM0700 is a bit messier than the Aldi version, and it needs more cleaning and maintenance. Show details
Bazza
BazzaNSWSydney, NSW4 posts

Very Quit Grinder

My last Grinder EM0480 for Sunbeam it blow up after 10years, I have a EM6910 café series Sunbeam coffee machine. I had to find a new coffee grinder , so I brought this coffee grinder very happy with it. It is very quit it took a couple of goes to get the right grind. The right setting for the grinder is 2 that's the best won for it to work for a Sunbeam café Series EM610 coffee machine. I can not fault it. IT don.t leave any mess at all. I think its better then my last grinder, If you want your coffee grinder to last clean it every 3 weeks. very happy. Show details ·  1
david
david

Excellent machine!!

I've had my machine for 18 months and have made minor recalibrations twice in that time (an easy operation). It has been consistently excellent definitely gets a five-star rating. Easy to disassemble for cleaning and there's very little dispersal of grounds. Together with my Café Series espresso machine I can get first rate coffee every time (and this from someone for whom achievement in the kitchen is generally a simple matter of survival).

Carolyn
Carolyncowaramup

Douig
DouigSASoutheast, SA8 posts

Grind retention

This grinder (EM0700) has a tiny exit for the grounds. None appear in the portafilter untill the void beneath the burr set is full of compressed grounds(yes they have to be compressed before they will come out), then they exit in clumps that that have to be broken up before it is tamped. As well as getting yesterdays grounds in todays coffee, there is a long wait for a new setting to take effect! Back to the store tommorrow, it's notcomming home refund or not.

Question, why didn't you guys discover this and save me a lot of trouble?

11/06/18 Machine returned for a full refund.

Bruke
BrukeForster NSW4 posts

Great product, mine is over 3 years old, and I could not be happier

It throws some coffees just a bit, but I have a stainless steel collar that I rest on the portafilter, resultng in no mess at all. The old saying that coffee is messy does not apply in my kitchen.

Would like to know, though, whether Sunbeam is going to make replacement burrs available for ths model, like they have with their cheaper model.

I'll try a Pauline H: Sunbeam "Please Explain!"

Bruce C. Forster NSW.

Show details ·  1

Ash A
Ash Aashkey@optusnet.com.au3 posts

Sunbeam coffee and herb grinder

Sunbeam grinder is totally useless. Lid is very difficult to close into place and to open. Takes very little amount of herbs, spills out. WORSE thing is the lid which gets stuck. I am already looking into different brands to buy. I wont take it back as its over a year old and run out of warranty. Only used it twice.!!

Roger
RogerNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW10 posts

Not Your Perfect Grinder

We have had this grinder since Nov 2015 - two years - and feel we need to confirm what recent posts have stated, ie: the grinder is messy! We rang Sunbeam soon after buying it, and was told there is no problem, and just put a larger container under it when grinding.

Actually, I give only one star to Sunbeam as a company - very unhelpful whenever you contact them! We also had our LED light stop working (just out of warranty) We were told that they do not stock a spare part for it and it cannot be fixed!

Hayden
Hayden

Poor not precision grinder

We were very disappointed. We purchased the grinder as a premium product from the Sunbeam range and although grinding a reasonable grind, our grinder sprays coffee all over the place. It requires a clean up of our bench after every coffee. We got a replacement which does exactly the same thing - very frustrating.

Matthew8
Matthew8Adelaide8 posts

Grinds coffee well, but still messy

Pros:

Grinds well, consistent & fine (as far as I can tell)

Maybe a little quieter than the EM0480 model

Clever storage for accessories & the sullpy cord

LED light on the dose

Cons:

Coffee grounds still end all over the bench, so not sure how effective the anti static chamber is

TJ_CoffeeMelbourne10 posts

Hi there,
Yesterday I purchased the last display Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM700 and being a display item there was no box nor instructions, it was buy this one or be stuck with the Breville and as I was told the Sunbeam grinders are far superior, I choose the display item. However, this morning after cleaning it I loaded around 8 grams of beans and followed the instructions etc. yet only about 3 individual grains not grams of coffee was ground and released into the portafilter. I have opened the chute and changed the grind setting to the approx. middle, however still nothing.
Any advice will greatly help.
Wayne

Hi Wayne,
Not sure what you mean by loading a few beans I would suggest fully loading the container "silo", also it may help if you Google user manual for this product for the full instructions manual. Cheers

Christine
Christine

Can the EM0700 grind into a container? I usually grind plunge coffee every few days.

Mark

Hi Cristine, I can see no reason why it would not as long as it fits underneath. Cheers

Yep. Do it often.

David Rosser

Hi, I have just brought the EM0700! 1st one worked fine for about 3 weeks. Then chute blocked. Cleaned then went again, making sure grind collar was in same position as when I took apart to clean. It blocked up 2 more times. Took it back and Hn's replaced. Started again same thing happened after very first grind. Is there something wrong with 2 brand new grinders or is there something I am not doing?

Sunbeam