Sunbeam Precision EM0700

Sunbeam Precision EM0700

MPNs: 5478 and SNB-EM0700
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Seven years service and still going strong.

NO MORE GRIND ESCAPES.

One can buy a dosing funnel cheaply on Ebay, which is a useful addition for any home barrista.
And sitting it on top of your portafilter keeps all the grinds where you want them.

Purchased in January 2015 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $250.

MarkSydney, NSW

Great grinder shame about the mess

Had a model EM480 for years and it was great updated to EMO700 and it also grinds great but it is far too messy, coffee grind splattered all over the place. The problem appears to be the shape of the spout which is "sort of oval" in shape which encourages the spread of the grind. I have removed the light plastic "nest" which falls off easily and raise the filter basket as high as possible but still very messy, the round rubber outlet of the EM480 was much better design.
Bought in June 2020 and would be great bar the mess it creates.

Purchased in June 2020 at Amazon for $175.

Glen
GlenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good for the price

I've had this machine for two years now. It required some calibration to achieve a finer grind. Some minor clumping occurs if the beans are a bit oily. I clean the burrs regularly with the supplied brush. Blowing some compressed air backwards through the outlet shute (do this outside) will get all the sticky grinds out which greatly improves the situation with clumping.

Purchased in August 2018 at Joyce Mayne Physical store for $249.

Hello Glen,
Thank you for your constructive feedback, so happy to hear you're loving your Sunbeam Precision EM0700.

montxsuz
montxsuzAU

Quite happy with it so far

I bought this EM0700 grinder as it was on a half price sale at David Jones. It replaced a conical grinder from Aldi - which was working fine by the way. I have been using it for about a month. I am using the auto grinding function to get ground coffee when needed - Hopefully this will give me the freshest grounds possible. I like the little light that switches on in the process. The hopper takes much more beans than the Aldi version, a function which I don't really need. No complaints so far, but I had to buy a better espresso machine (EM7100) to match. Using the EM0700 is a bit messier than the Aldi version, and it needs more cleaning and maintenance.

Purchased in July 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $175.

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Sunbeam Precision EM0700 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Bazza
BazzaSydney, NSW

Very Quit Grinder

My last Grinder EM0480 for Sunbeam it blow up after 10years, I have a EM6910 café series Sunbeam coffee machine. I had to find a new coffee grinder , so I brought this coffee grinder very happy with it. It is very quit it took a couple of goes to get the right grind. The right setting for the grinder is 2 that's the best won for it to work for a Sunbeam café Series EM610 coffee machine. I can not fault it. IT don.t leave any mess at all. I think its better then my last grinder, If you want your coffee grinder to last clean it every 3 weeks. very happy.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Direct Online for $269.

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Hi Bazza,
Thank you for the great review. Our EM0480 has been around a long time and continues to be a best seller.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Excellent machine!!

I've had my machine for 18 months and have made minor recalibrations twice in that time (an easy operation). It has been consistently excellent definitely gets a five-star rating. Easy to disassemble for cleaning and there's very little dispersal of grounds. Together with my Café Series espresso machine I can get first rate coffee every time (and this from someone for whom achievement in the kitchen is generally a simple matter of survival).

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Carolyn
Carolyncowaramup

design fault

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Douig
DouigMillicent

Grind retention

This grinder (EM0700) has a tiny exit for the grounds. None appear in the portafilter untill the void beneath the burr set is full of compressed grounds(yes they have to be compressed before they will come out), then they exit in clumps that that have to be broken up before it is tamped. As well as getting yesterdays grounds in todays coffee, there is a long wait for a new setting to take effect! Back to the store tommorrow, it's notcomming home refund or not.
Question, why didn't you guys discover this and save me a lot of trouble?
11/06/18 Machine returned for a full refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
BrukeForster NSW

Great product, mine is over 3 years old, and I could not be happier.

It throws some coffees just a bit, but I have a stainless steel collar that I rest on the portafilter, resultng in no mess at all. The old saying that coffee is messy does not apply in my kitchen.

Would like to know, though, whether Sunbeam is going to make replacement burrs available for ths model, like they have with their cheaper model.

I'll try a Pauline H: Sunbeam "Please Explain!"

Bruce C. Forster NSW.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Ash A
Ash Aashkey@optusnet.com.au

Sunbeam coffee and herb grinder

Sunbeam grinder is totally useless. Lid is very difficult to close into place and to open. Takes very little amount of herbs, spills out. WORSE thing is the lid which gets stuck. I am already looking into different brands to buy. I wont take it back as its over a year old and run out of warranty. Only used it twice.!!

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Roger
RogerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not Your Perfect Grinder

We have had this grinder since Nov 2015 - two years - and feel we need to confirm what recent posts have stated, ie: the grinder is messy! We rang Sunbeam soon after buying it, and was told there is no problem, and just put a larger container under it when grinding.
Actually, I give only one star to Sunbeam as a company - very unhelpful whenever you contact them! We also had our LED light stop working (just out of warranty) We were told that they do not stock a spare part for it and it cannot be fixed!

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Poor not precision grinder

We were very disappointed. We purchased the grinder as a premium product from the Sunbeam range and although grinding a reasonable grind, our grinder sprays coffee all over the place. It requires a clean up of our bench after every coffee. We got a replacement which does exactly the same thing - very frustrating.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Matthew8Adelaide

Grinds coffee well, but still messy

Pros:
Grinds well, consistent & fine (as far as I can tell)
Maybe a little quieter than the EM0480 model
Clever storage for accessories & the sullpy cord
LED light on the dose
Cons:
Coffee grounds still end all over the bench, so not sure how effective the anti static chamber is

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great machine

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
TJ_CoffeeMelbourne

Horrible. Would not recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2017