Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

MPN: SEM0440

MicemeatHobart, TAS

Auto Grinder

Great grinder, makes it easy and fresh!
Easy to setup, nice adjustment for grind consistency and work well.

However can be messy at times, comes with a nozzle to aim and improve lost coffee/spread however even so still makes a large mess of coffee grind around the unit.

Ordering a metal peace that makes the coffee head wider and taller to prevent this from happening.

Purchased in December 2018.

Micemeat

Static it is for sure, This has however happened since new, I will give this a go, when I have a chance.

Thanks,
Jordan.

ChristineFar North Queensland, QLD

Second Sunbeam Grinder, it's performing well.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $99.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Christine, thank you for the review, we value feedback given by customers...

Christine

A product that is faulty from the start

I bought this with a sunbeam espresso machine. Spent quite a few days trying to get the thing to grind correctly. Upon doing a little search on google I discovered that it is common for these grinders to not grind your coffee fine enough for an espresso machine as it should be coming with an extra washer. Sunbeam are aware of this also as when you call them they will send you an extra spacer to try fix the problem. So 3 calls later and a 3 weeks of waiting for the part to arrive, I add a spacer to find that it has changed nothing. Will be demanding my money back this week. Product should not be on the shelf.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI I.S, sorry to hear. It must be something else so yes, please return to store of purchase

Don fromthe West

Don fromthe West

Value for money

i had mixed thoughts about this product based on some of the less positive reviews but Sunbeam seem to have fixed up all the issues. I put it together without reading the instructions. Big tick. No need to assemble the grinding wheels - all done already. Another tick . Sunbeam have added a rubber (silicon) 45 degree nozzle to the hard plastic spout so 99% of coffee goes into the group. tick. Will check the grinding wheels to see if i have missed something but all seems to be wring well. It seems to be very good value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Don!

Andrew Westcott

Andrew WestcottHobart

Average

It does the job. I'm sure there are better grinders that are more consistent. But it is cheap and effective enough for the purpose. It is however poorly designed. Quite an amount of grind stays behind inside and builds up on itself unless the machine is shaken or bashed, or a brush is inserted to get at the grounds. Maybe a little too compact? Particularly messy when coming out. Static maybe?

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Hi Andrew Westcott,
Grinders do tend to be a bit messy when grinding, always looking at ways to improve our products so thank you, we will take on board...

Gaz

A good little coffee bean grinder.

I bought a Sunbeam EM0440 coffee bean grinder on the net from Amazon, and was delighted on its quick arrival. I tested it straight away after reading the instructions and found it to be very easy to use and it has a good progression indicator of coffee grounds, from very course to very fine. The cost was very reasonable for the product. Very happy with my purchase of the Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440. Cheers.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Hey Gaz,
So glad you are pleased with the Grinder, agreed it is at a good price point for the performance. Thank you for the positive review...

Gaz

My grinder does the job with ease to my favourite consistency, thanks Sunbeam.

Mike

MikeTOOWOOMBA

Good budget grinder

This machine initially would only grind very coarse until I worked out how to assemble it properly. You must set the upper burr in place in the top assembly before attaching the top assembly to the base. The upper burr then should sit lower than the surrounding rim. It now seems to be working fine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Rubbish

Too coarse! dont waste your money. it will destroy your day as you will be drinking sandy coffee. I had to put my hand on top to push down to make it finer (the adjustment did not work properly). but it will not provide even fine coffee. so I gave up making my own coffee because this machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

How to fix grind that’s too coarse

The grind was always too course no matter how many times we reassembled it. I googled like crazy & found gold from someone called Sneedy on a whirlpool forum who said “You need to sit the top burr into the adjustment collar (rotate it until you feel it click' – the white marks should be aligned but more importantly it will sit lower than in any other position) *BEFORE* fitting both (as a unit) onto the base.” Thanks Sneedy! Worked a treat.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Vicky H.

Vicky H.North East Victoria

The grind is too coarse

Recently brought an EM7100 coffee machine, and went back yesterday and purchased the EM0440 grinder. The grind is just coming out too coarse. On every setting, the grind is the same. I pulled it apart twice, and put it together again after reading some reviews. I cannot get the grind any finer. It will be getting returned to Harvey Norman. Extreamly disappointed.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Excellent.. but beware of setting up the burrs correctly

A really great product when set up correctly. At first the grind was too course regardless of setting even though I had set up the machine as directed in the instructions. After reading other reviews I decided to take the machine apart and put it back together.. worked great the second time around producing a fine powder perfect for my espresso machine. If not for that initial issue, easily a 5 star machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Frank Li

Motor runs but burr doesn't move

Purchased from AppliancesOnline, received it today. Followed instructions to put it together but It doesn't work at all. I can hear the motor sound which suggest the motor is runs but the burr doesn't seem to move at all, no matter what setting it is at. The beans are not being ground.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Frank Li

Turned out the grinder was damaged in transit, refunded by ApplicancesOnline, later bought same model from the good guys and it works good.

Easy to use, makes great coffee

I have to say, this machine makes great coffee. I've been using a German made hand grinder for years. Thought an electric grinder would save time but was surprised to discover it does an even better job of grinding coffee than even the German hand grinder. My coffee actually tastes better! Adjustment and control is a breeze with the accurate dial ring and push button start/stop. Easy to disassemble and clean - once I learned how to do it. Saves so much time and has a well made Italian burr. I recommend the suggestion below of grind-tamp-grind-tamp to avoid making a mess. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy and tidy. I just hope it's reliable. Had it three months so far with no sign of issues.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Phil

Phil

I love this grinder

I've had my EMO440 for about a month now and I couldn't have expected more from a machine designed for home use. Like anything there has been a learning curve, but definitely nailed it now. My friend bought a Fiorenzato and paid $1200.00 for it and I haven't had the heart to tell him, "my coffee is equally as good". Oh and I should mention the bonus. I'm using half as much coffee as I was with my old grinder. Saving four or five bucks a week, it will have paid for itself in about 20 weeks.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Agro

AgroCentral West, NSW

Don't waste your money

Thought I'd go with a well known brand believing tis better to buy quality to avoid problems - boy was I wrong. No matter how I tried could not get the machine to cut any finer than super coarse. no adjustment ... threw it in the garbage in disgust.. don't waste your money

Juan

Juan

Excellent grinder and a cheap entry price for a first time buyer!

Oxy

OxySydney

Practice makes perfect

bigalgeorgeWaihi Beach

Great machine but quality issues in first months of use

Thomas S-P

Thomas S-Pasked

How do the beans get from the hopper to the grinders? I cannot open the clear plastic blockers between hopper and grinders. Is my alignment of white marks correct when the hopper slots onto the grind collar? In five hours I haven not ground one single bean yet.

Christine

Sorry Thomas to hear of your problems I don’t have this grinder anymore, I took back to Hervey Norman and upgraded to a Baratza, which gives me more pleasure to use, not to mention a better coffee.

Hi Thomas S-P,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. If the hopper is locked into position correctly and securely, the hopper gates (at the bottom of the hopper) should open up. When it is turned - the spring connection pulls the gates open and closed. You can see this happen by putting the hopper on without any beans or lid. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Cam

Camasked

Hello, we recently purchased a Sunbeam EM6910 coffee machine and the conical burr grinder. I was wondering what the best setting on the grinder was for this type of machine? I know their are many variables in play here but I wanted a starting point.
Cheers

Chris4394

I've had my grinder for about 4-5 months now and I'm still adjusting it. as a start, for a home machine I recommend starting with 14 and moving your way back to 12, using taste as your guideline. Always remember to tap the top of the grinder after each grind to get rid of stale grinds that might get stuck in the burrs. Another suggestion: stay away from supermarket beans if you can. Find a local coffee shop that sells their roasts and you will notice a huge difference in taste and texture of your espresso. Enjoy and hope you can produce great coffee!

TinBum

TinBumasked

I was recently given a used EM0480 coffee grinder. Maybe it's just me but there seems to be something wrong with it. Although the gind is good it is so slow that it is not worth using. About 3-5 mins for a double shot. Anybody have any ideas?
The only other burr grinder that I use occasionally takes only 10-15 seconds to do the same amount.
I don't feel that I can ask the person who gave it to me as she may think I'm ungrateful.

Chris4394

That's definitely faulty. my EM0440 grinds a double shot on setting 12 in around 8-9 seconds...

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives