Sunbeam Cafe Press GR8450 / GR8450B

Sunbeam Cafe Press GR8450 / GR8450B

GR8450B, GR8450

Lachlan M

Lachlan MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good, but could be better

I bought this to replace the bulky George Foreman press+grill. While it cooks my food well, it does have its flaws. Having owned it for 5 months and using it 4 times a week, the wear and tear is greatly showing; the non-stick surface is all scratched, despite me using a PLASTIC spatula and regularly cleaning the surface with oil as recommended. However, my major issue with the product is that the green light covering has fallen out, and I have tried contacting the manufacturer about a replacement part but they say I have to get a whole new product.

Overall it cooks well, it just isn't sturdy and doesn't last.

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for A$99.00.

John13

John13Perth, WA

Can get the same, if not better quality for half the price at Kmart, Big W or Target.

Purchased in August 2020.

Customer CareSunbeam
Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor quality

I bought this sandwich press to replace a broken product of the same make and model..However, this product IS EXTREMELY INFERIOR TO THE ORIGINAL. The promotional material and the packaging is still showing a picture of the original product however, when you open the box it is a later model. The later model has been re-engineered and the floating hinge no longer floats. Sandwiches do not cook flat and the melt function does not work. I was deeply disappointed with this product and returned it to the place of purchase and bought a breville. Sunbeam was not interested in discussing my complaint.

Purchased in July 2020.

Sandwich Makers

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Press GR8450 / GR8450B compares to other Sandwich Makers

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stopped working after 2 years

I purchased our Sunbeam cafe press just under 2 years ago, I thought Sunbeam was a reputable and quality brand and that it would last longer than a cheap kmart one but it stopped working a few weeks ago and Sunbeam basically told me as its out of warranty that its not their problem and that they could give me details of a repairer but it would be at my expense. I think thats pretty poor, you don't buy an appliance like this thinking you'll be throwing it away after 2 years. They said most users get 5-6 years of use but still refused to fix mine after only 2 years. Very disappointed with customer service and quality of product. Wont be buying a sunbeam product again.

Purchased in June 2018 at Myer Online Store for A$99.00.

Tana

TanaBris Vegas, 4000

Yes, that's the one

I was worried that 2400w is too strong but it just perfect. Everything cooks right through and nicely toasted. Unlike other 4 slice toasters this one was 35 cm which is more compact and another reason I chose it. It s floating 4 levels and stays 180degress up to the 3rd level which is important for me as I like to cook eggs on it with a lid evenly afloat. I do like to use non stick baking paper so to clean less. I cant say more. It definitely good for cafe commercial level as it's hot and fast. Or if you are a student and want to use it for grilling, toasting, heating, saute and pan fry ... Very good

Red and Green light covers fall off

I came to this website looking for a way to repair the indicator buttons, as they fell off shortly after purchasing the product - and was disappointed to see that it appears to be a common fault on these machines. I love the cafe press itself (I don't use it that often but it is perfect for quesadillas and paninis), but am not happy with the hole in the lid - for aesthetic and safety reasons. These cheap and nasty, not-fit-for-purpose plastic light covers detract from what I would otherwise rate as a five star product.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

noxley

noxley

These toasters always break after a year

I have had 3 of these toasters. The first 2 packed in and stopped heating within a year so I was able to return for a replacement. The one I currently have has lasted 18 months so is out of warranty. Do yourself a favour and buy a brand (Breville) that will last. These Sunbeam toasters are only made to last as long as the warranty!

Purchased at Myer.

Molliet

MollietSouth East Queensland, QLD

All the Bells & Whistles come with the GR8450

Purchased in July 2019 at Targert Online.

Hi Molliet,
Thanks for the great review!
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Chelam

ChelamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Compact & Convenient

The cafe press heats quickly and the adjustable height allows for various thickness of bread.

The best feature about GR8250B is that it is simple to use. It is easy to clean. In having a flat cooking surface ,it eliminates the squashing and cutting up of the food.

This Sandwich presser has a classy finish design.We bought this approximately about a year ago and it still looks brand new. I have recommended it to colleagues, friends and family. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Myer for A$79.00.

Hi Chelam,
Thanks for the great review!!!

Happy Wanderer

Happy Wanderer

Most impressed

My first press, and more than impressed. Could not believe how quick it was to heat and still melt cheese.
Solid build, easy to use. Did not realize how many things I could cook in it. Thankyou reviewers for expanding my culinary horizons.
If you see this Trish, what are "pigs in a blanket ? "

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for a great review Happy Wanderer!

shanexu3

shanexu3Perth, WA

Only lasted a couple of years

I purchased my Sunbeam Cafe Press a couple of years ago for around $100. It smelt when I used it at first but after a few uses the smell went away. This machine was great for making toasted sandwiches and was easy to clean. Unfortunately it stopped hearing up. When I plug it in the green light comes on but no there is no heat at all on the pad plates. I only got to use it a couple of dozen of times so I’m very disappointed with the quality of this product.

Purchased in September 2016.

Hi shanexu3,
So sorry to hear this. Your feedback has been passed onto our product team.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Jo

Jo

Not just a sandwich press!

I absolutely love this little machine. So versatile and besides toasted sandwiches I’ve made pikelets, wraps, pizzas, pancakes, bacon, eggs, French toast, hash browns, roasted pumpkin and I’ve browned meat for the slow cooker who knows what’s next! Wipes clean with a damp cloth and paper towel and easy to store.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Jo, so happy you are making the most of this great press, thanks for the review!!

Barbara

BarbaraBrisbane

It seems that there is a fault that needs to be fixed

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Trish

TrishPerth WA

Versatile appliance with many more uses than just sandwiches.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
diall

diall

A great addition to the kitchen

Cleans easily and quite versatile. I used mine to grill bacon and egg today, so it is not just for sandwiches. I like the hinge lock for use and storage. Just about to buy another one as a gift, so hope it is as good as my 3 year old one.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Le GourmetGoldcoast

Just what I wanted@

I used this a couple of times now, and it is fantastic! It has high heat and sandwiches turn out great,panni,kebabs too.It was a replacement for a deep fill sandwich machine, which didn't heat up and burnt the edges,I'm glad I chose this types it will get a lot of use.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Cookie

Cookie

Light covers break

As per another review - I have this press and the smaller press and the plastic red and green light covers on top of both have broken leaving a hole in the top of both machines - both just over a year old and still look new except for this - very annoying - Surely they should carry these as small replacement parts???

Date PurchasedJan 2016
V Stanky

V StankyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dangerous

First time out of the box. Hinges moved freely while cold. Turned on to "season" as per the instructions. Once it heated up the hinges stiffened up and the base lifts with the lid. The heat from the plates was transferred through the hinge and into the handle. The side of the handle was as hot as the plates. Returned immediately to Harvey Norman.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Franbluiis

FranbluiisGoldCoast

works well

Does everything you expect of a sandwich press. Quick. Hot. Has a lock mechanism so is easily stored on it's side. Easy to clean - just a wipe over with a damp cloth. I have noticed there is a scratch where I used a metal spatula to lift the sandwich - even tho it says "won't scratch". I use plastic spatula now.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Justine4Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A Good Replacement of our old Sandwich Press

Our Breville Toast n Melt 4 Slice toaster which we had for a couple of years was on it's way out over the last 12 months, as we had to wiggle the power cord to get it to work. In the end it was sparking and so it was time to ditch it. Decided to give the Sunbeam a go and we are very happy with it so far. It toasts the bread evenly and the sandwich contents are hot. The old Breville was way too hot and so it would toast the bread without melting the cheese, so we were never really happy with it. From what I've read of the reviews from both appliances, I think you can be unlucky and get a lemon. I'm happy to say that this time we got well working appliance and I am happy that we decided on the Sunbeam!

Date PurchasedSep 2016