Sunbeam Cafe Press GR8450 / GR8450B

GR8450B, GR8450 (See All)
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

• Even Heat DistributionYes (4) · No (1)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
  • Non-Stick Quality

Rabia Z
Rabia ZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its just Amazing

Happiness is…a Cafe style crispy Triple Decker sandwich!
I’m in love with the look of my thick sandwiches. With School and work lunches its a winner as I can make 4 sandwiches in one go making it quicker when you have a bigger family.
A winner feature of Sunbeam Cafe Style 4 Slice Sandwich Press Maker Flat Press is that it heats quickly and the adjustable height allows for various thickness of bread. Its so convenient to adjust it to the any height I need and use it.
Its really so versatile and besides toasted sandwiches I’ve tried it for wraps, pizzas, pancakes, eggs, French toast, hash browns and it turned out amazing.
Wipes clean with a damp cloth and paper towel and easy to store.
It has been a great new addition to my kitchen.

• +3Thumbnail
Oldest M.
Oldest M.South East Queensland, QLD

Fast heating, poor design.

Purchased in at Betta Home Living for $99.

Shellby
ShellbyMid North Coast, NSW

Love it and can't live without it

Purchased in at Big W for $89.

Vanessa C.
Vanessa C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't live without it!

We have had our sandwich press for about 12 years and love it. I found these reviews after looking for new covers for the indicator lights which now looks to be a common problem but after 12 years I recon that's a pretty good run. We also have one at work, I've been there 5 years and heaps of people use it every day and it's still going strong (including indicator lights still in). Sounds like some people have had a bad run but if I the lights didn't fall out I wouldn't have left a review which is probably the case for most other happy customers.

Sandwich Presses

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Press GR8450 / GR8450B compares to other Sandwich Presses

Does not press sandwiches evenly....???

As above...because the back hinge is not big enough when you pull the lid down it does not sit parallel to the lower section, so the sandwiches are not heated evenly.....

Purchased in for $79.

Penegeau
PenegeauSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

Purchased in at Big W for $60.

John13Perth, WA

DO NOT buy the Sunbeam Café Press Sandwich Maker, Model GR8450B as it's absolutely JUNK!

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in at Big W.

Customer CareSunbeamSend a private message
John13

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Lachlan M
Lachlan MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good, but could be better

I bought this to replace the bulky George Foreman press+grill. While it cooks my food well, it does have its flaws. Having owned it for 5 months and using it 4 times a week, the wear and tear is greatly showing; the non-stick surface is all scratched, despite me using a PLASTIC spatula and regularly cleaning the surface with oil as recommended. However, my major issue with the product is that the green light covering has fallen out, and I have tried contacting the manufacturer about a replacement part but they say I have to get a whole new product.

Overall it cooks well, it just isn't sturdy and doesn't last.

Purchased in at Big W for $99.

Anna
AnnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor quality

I bought this sandwich press to replace a broken product of the same make and model..However, this product IS EXTREMELY INFERIOR TO THE ORIGINAL. The promotional material and the packaging is still showing a picture of the original product however, when you open the box it is a later model. The later model has been re-engineered and the floating hinge no longer floats. Sandwiches do not cook flat and the melt function does not work. I was deeply disappointed with this product and returned it to the place of purchase and bought a breville. Sunbeam was not interested in discussing my complaint.

Purchased in .

Kim
KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stopped working after 2 years

I purchased our Sunbeam cafe press just under 2 years ago, I thought Sunbeam was a reputable and quality brand and that it would last longer than a cheap kmart one but it stopped working a few weeks ago and Sunbeam basically told me as its out of warranty that its not their problem and that they could give me details of a repairer but it would be at my expense. I think thats pretty poor, you don't buy an appliance like this thinking you'll be throwing it away after 2 years. They said most users get 5-6 years of use but still refused to fix mine after only 2 years. Very disappointed with customer service and quality of product. Wont be buying a sunbeam product again.

Purchased in at Myer Online Store for $99.

Tana
TanaBris Vegas, 4000

Yes, that's the one

I was worried that 2400w is too strong but it just perfect. Everything cooks right through and nicely toasted. Unlike other 4 slice toasters this one was 35 cm which is more compact and another reason I chose it. It s floating 4 levels and stays 180degress up to the 3rd level which is important for me as I like to cook eggs on it with a lid evenly afloat. I do like to use non stick baking paper so to clean less. I cant say more. It definitely good for cafe commercial level as it's hot and fast. Or if you are a student and want to use it for grilling, toasting, heating, saute and pan fry ... Very good

Red and Green light covers fall off

I came to this website looking for a way to repair the indicator buttons, as they fell off shortly after purchasing the product - and was disappointed to see that it appears to be a common fault on these machines. I love the cafe press itself (I don't use it that often but it is perfect for quesadillas and paninis), but am not happy with the hole in the lid - for aesthetic and safety reasons. These cheap and nasty, not-fit-for-purpose plastic light covers detract from what I would otherwise rate as a five star product.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

noxley
noxley

These toasters always break after a year

I have had 3 of these toasters. The first 2 packed in and stopped heating within a year so I was able to return for a replacement. The one I currently have has lasted 18 months so is out of warranty. Do yourself a favour and buy a brand (Breville) that will last. These Sunbeam toasters are only made to last as long as the warranty!

Purchased at Myer.

Molliet
MollietSouth East Queensland, QLD

All the Bells & Whistles come with the GR8450

Purchased in at Targert Online.

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Hi Molliet,
Thanks for the great review!
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Chelam
ChelamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Compact & Convenient

The cafe press heats quickly and the adjustable height allows for various thickness of bread.

The best feature about GR8250B is that it is simple to use. It is easy to clean. In having a flat cooking surface ,it eliminates the squashing and cutting up of the food.

This Sandwich presser has a classy finish design.We bought this approximately about a year ago and it still looks brand new. I have recommended it to colleagues, friends and family. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in at Myer for $79.

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Hi Chelam,
Thanks for the great review!!!