Sunbeam Mini Bake & Grill BT2600

Sunbeam Mini Bake & Grill BT2600

Short lived

This is my third one from this same series. First one barely made it to 1 year before plastic handle melted and came off. 2nd one lasted just a bit longer than 1 year and stopped heating. 3rd one now has to go back for return as it keeps smoking and doesn't stop. This brand has very short life span. Very unhappy and will be last time I purchase another Sunbeam product again.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good product

I love this mini oven. I've had mine for almost 10 years and it still works perfectly. I first bought it when I moved into a rental properly and their oven didn't work. This mini oven did the job and cooked well. I still use it to this day cooking up my daughters food or smaller meals as opposed to heating up a big oven.

Date PurchasedJan 2008

Works Very Well

It grills my chops well. The temperature control does go on and off all the time. I suppose when it heats up to the required temperature then it turns itself off to avoid going over that temperature. It could have been made slightly larger as it is a little too small, but it is very convenient and I use it all the time. Don't even use my oven any more as I find I don't need it. Would buy one again if required.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

I would not recommend this one

The temperature control is shocking - when I turn the oven on, the heat light keep coming on and off. Not sure what’s going on , I set it at 90c and put my oven thermometer in it. Within 10 mins the temperature in the oven reached 120c and keep going up while the heat light keep turning on and off itself. There are smoke coming out from the oven , NOT from where the cooking tray / heat element are, but from the inside ( mechanical part) of the oven. And there is some burnt smell too . ( I only put the thermometer on the cooking tray in the oven and nothing else and my thermometer is not burnt. ) Worried that this may be a fire hazard I turned the oven off immediately. I think I will return the oven .....

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good Oven

This little oven helps me a lot. I use it every day for warming my bread. I even used it to bake my favourite banana cake, muffins, pizza, lasagna, chicken dishes... it never made me disappointed. For such a little oven, can use to cook so many different dishes. It is amazing. Together with the perfect size and the economical price, I think it is worth to own one. As it is a small oven, the light goes on and off quite often. Once the temperature heat to the set level, it will be off to keep the temperature in that level. While the temperature drops, it will automatically on again. I think it is normal. I have been using it for over two years, never have any problems at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Doesn't last

It's a good little oven and convenient to heat up food and toast bread. But similar to other users, the problem is it doesn't last. Always dies right after the one year mark. This is my second unit, thinking that maybe the the first was something QC might have missed. But didn't know they were so good at their job that it is perfectly timed to kick the bucket as soon as the warranty runs out.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Ervery home must need one of the product like this.

Basically it works five times everyday since 8 months. It has not burned yet( the past 10 machines I use only last 6 months ).
The annoy thing is that you only have one choice, either grill or toast( cant turn the knob too much otherwise it won’t work the next morning ).
Another thing is that the heat is not consistent. With the same types of bread, exact same time, one day it is not crunchy and other days it burns, so we basically have to adjust by standing next to it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

wish I'd bought one sooner

Excellent little oven which is perfect for 1 or 2 people....although could well be useful for side dishes, desserts etc. for families too. It is really great that because of the small size it heats up very quickly. (about 2-3 minutes to get to 180º) I find it good for toasting too, as you can actually see how brown the bread is getting.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
18 months later I am still loving my little oven. Use it a lot for cooking meals, reheating, small batches of muffins, and making toast. Really great for cheese melts. One of the best kitchen appliance purchases I have made!Hi Lynbo, Thank you for reviewing. It is a perfect size for those not wanting to use a big oven....

good for 12 months then doesn't work properly lost top element

very good for it's function..ideal, cooks most meals to perfection, great for for pizzas, chips, nacho's, cakes ,even roasts just doesn't last very long, I would think at least 3years of service, less than 2, not long enough at all..20 months, come on hey, you would expect a little more than that wouldn't you
cheers

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Does the job.

This is the second one of these I've owned, the original one lasted about 3 years. It is adequate for toasting, but agree you must watch it carefully. It is excellent for grilling small things, eg tuna melts, roasted red peppers. It is also fine for reheating, but again I feel that it would not be good to walk away & forget! I use it every day, with no problems.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Cheap product with a relatively short life span and a bit clunky construction

We had this toaster-oven about 5 years ago, and it did its job with certain limitations while it lasted. Some of the problems that we had were:
1. The timer dial did not work if it was turned to a short time setting of say about 2-3 minutes e.g. for toasting. It just would not unwind itself.
2. As someone else had pointed, the tray does not have a rack in it to allow the fat from meat to drip, which means its not exactly suitable for grilling.
3. Finally last week it developed a problem which we could not diagnose, but it kept tripping the safety switch in the main switchbox every time it was turned on.
4. When I tried to have a look at it, I realised the construction of the cover panel was extremely clunky, and as someone has mentioned, had at least 3 different types of screws, rivets etc! That was pretty shoddy design.
My mom has a toaster-oven made by National, and was bought in 1991, and still does a great job!
Having said all this, I will agree that at its price, it's quite cheap and does the job if it survives.

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Hi Babs, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Please don't hesitate to contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 and one of our friendly representatives will be more than happy to assist you with a discount offer off your next Sunbeam purchase. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

Didn't even last a year

Item gifted to me brand new. I used this 1-2 times a week, whether toasting or grilling/oven. The last 2 times I have used the oven, it has burnt the tops of my food to a crisp - like I have had the toast selected.

Dear ChezzaBee74, Thank you for your feedback! We wish to advised that all feedback, is passed onto the relevant departments. Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance. Kind Regards Sunbeam

If you get one that works, they're brilliant

After reading the reviews, I was cautious about buying one. The price point is obviously bottom dollar, so you can't expect miracles, just something which is safe.
Mine turned out to be spot-on and works perfectly. Does everything it says in the manual! It's a low cost item and you might need to return it if it has a fault. Just bear that in mind.

Hi Netmedic, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam BT5350! If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards SunbeamI think it's excellent value for money, but I do hope you've looked into the quality control issues which some people seem to be having.

a littel gem

i have been lucky; every 5 years, i purchase a replacement and have been using this oven for the over 15 years. i absolutely love it! it completely serves the purpose for us, takes up hardly any space and so easy to bake small lots. the only complaint is once the back gets splattered, you can't clean it and the stains remain forever.

sunbeam, will you produce once with a teflon lining so that it can all be easily wiped off? i really wouldn't mind paying extra for this feature.

Hi Fanaticcook, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam BT2600! If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards Sunbeam

DIFFICULT TO SERVICE >>>PLANNED BY THE DESIGN TEAM???

DIFFICULT TO SERVICE >>>PLANNED BY THE DESIGN TEAM???
Trying to remove the casing to check a fault with the elements.....lots of Phillips Head screws which is good...but then I strike two screws needing an Allen Key ...annoying and there is no reason for these. THEN I strike two POP RIVETS !!!! ...these need to be drilled out.....once again there is no reason for these ....PH Screws would have worked just as well.
Who are the B@#$%s who design these things? Obviously they don't want us to try and repair /recycle these appliances ....do they think I would buy another one of these ? Peter Schuitemaker 18 May 2016

Hi Peter, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Sunbeam

Save your money waste of money

I bought this to replace my old one which I had for over 10 years and I used it nearly everyday, so my disappointment with this new one makes me angry as total waste of my money as does not do what the old one used to do. I used to cook chips in it and this one takes so long and even on the highest temperature they still took too long, so I would never try to cook a cake which I did in the old one. Even when I used the toaster it was not the same it says grill with no grill wire to put my meat on how can I grill? The meat would be in the tray the way it says in the book so the meat would be in the fat from the meat sitting in the tray so that is not grilling as the fat is suppose to drop through the wire away from the meat, so they should of supplied a grill wire like the old one had unfortunately I had thrown my old one out with the old oven. So totally disappointed in this new oven and wish I had not bought it and feel like taking it back to get my money back, but not sure that I would get it back so think I am stuck with a useless piece of crap.

Hi Stew, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Kind Regards JessicaIf you know a product has problems such as no grill wire when you say it is a griller, and also the time it takes to cook chips and the toaster that burns. You should give everyone of us our money back as something is wrong with them, probably where you got them made. I am just disappointed in Sunbeam and I feel I will never buy another Sunbeam Product if they are not making sure they are high quality like they used to be.Dear Stew, Thank you for your response. Should you wish to discuss further, please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861. Kind Regards Sunbeam

RE -Thermostat on this model.

We as reviewers of this product fully understand what a thermostat does. In the case of this model and batch
at the time of buying and reviewing the thermostat failed. The toast/grill function would not heat at all in all three units.
IT seems to me DUUUUR cannot understand the basic principals of TOAST/Grill Function or maybe DUUUR has no need use or know how.

Dear Woody, Thank you for your review. Should you require further assistance with the workings of the product, please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Very happy.

The oven is easy to use and easy to clean with a removable crumb tray at the bottom. Good for quick snacks or more complicated dishes. You can either use a timer or switch on and turn off when ready. Had bought a different brand which malfunctioned and couldn't be replaced so traded up for this and it works better. It's light enough to pick up and store away in a cupboard when not in use. Even thinking of getting one for my son.

Great for students!

Love it. Perfect. Very handy. Does everything you need it to for 1-2 people. I am a student where there are no ovens and this is what I use for all my baking needs. Does everything from roast potatoes to brownies. Takes less time to heat up than a regular oven as well!

Great Product

What a great little oven, I bought this about 3 months ago to use less power than regular oven for things like meat pies, hash browns, frozen fish bits etc, and it works perfectly, The thermostat light blinks on and off, for all those negative reviews, that's what a thermostat does,
Another great product from a great company, .

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Why does it not toast properly on the bottom and why does the window fog up with condensation? Unit is brand new.
I don't know why it's not toasting equally on both sides. Maybe move your toast down one level or maybe your unit is faulty? Condensation is caused when moisture is released when food is heated up, especially in the case of frozen items. You cannot stop that.You need to ask engineers that question. All I can tell you is it took a lot longer to heat up on even the high settings on temperature knob than my previous model before this one. I had it on really high to heat up a meal that was in fridge ( not the ice freezer ) and after more than 45 minutes it was just barely luke warm. My older model was much better. But none of them lasted very long which was a complete waste of money. As far as condensation, it had smoke coming out of it for quite some time before even putting any food in it and also the following day. Maybe it was a faulty model, but after so many of them having issues and not lasting very long I will not be buying this brand again.

Where can I buy a reversible wire rack?
Hi Guo L. You can purchase a reversible wire rack (BT26101) from Big Warehouse Spares @ www.bigwarehouse.com.au.

hi can i bake cupcakes on here? like will it fit a cupcake pan? thanks
if the cup cake pan fits, sure, but cook on a shorter time and check as it is hotter than regular oven.Hi Kayla, the 12 cupcake pan I have fits in here - it is an old pan though, was my grandmothers. So I hope it fits for you

Mini Bake & Grill BT2600