Sunbeam MultiBlender Platinum

Sunbeam MultiBlender Platinum

Control (PB7650), PB7610, Power (PB7630)

Blenders Buying Guide

Read now

Judidee

Judidee

Well used, well loved appliance!

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Judi, so pleased you are getting the best from your blender!!! thanks heaps for the review.

Bargain

Bargainmelbourne

Prefer the glass jug

i bought this specifically for the glass jug because I mostly use it for soup and often am working with hot liquids. Well the jug is fine but I am not in love with the design of the blades because they often clog up and I have to find something like a chopstick to unclog them and get things moving again. Apart from that, its pretty good and certainly has adequate power. Would I buy the same one again? Perhaps not. Its close but not quite right.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Bargain, sorry to hear that, anything a bit thicker is tricky. However I will pass this on to the team. Thanks for the review

bp

bpMelbourne

Multiple Uses

The advantage of this Sunbeam blender is that unlike cheaper blenders, it can handle hot liquids making it perfect for soups thank to the glass jug. It is a powerful blender, so less stopping and starting and works longer than other models before overheating. The only issue I have is cleaning. I wish it had a detachable base, so there is less wastage.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Broken glass jug a joke

Borrowed the title from a previous review as its perfect! Glass jug cracked while cleaning with hot water. Only used dozen times. Agree with all other comments, this jug is a joke! how hard can it be to make a jug that can be cleaned properly with hot water. Sorry Sunbeam its a fail. Make crap products you will get crap reviews.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
marty0429

marty0429Macksville

Stupid Design

My son bought this blender for me for my birthday a couple of years ago. It works fine until the other day, I felt like a milk shake, so I filled the bowl up and it started running out the bottom, because the blades were not screwed in properly. I removed the bowl immediately but not before it ran all over the base. I cleaned the outside then realised that the milk had entered the motor housing, so I had to dismantle it to clean the milk out of the inside. When I looked, the design allows any liquid to enter the motor housing. I had an old Sunbeam blender which was great and it was sealed so nothing could get into the motor housing. Why with a newer model why have they done that? I wouldn't recommend one.

John Smith

John SmithBrisbane

Excellent blender

I have had this blender for some years now. It has performed flawlessly. It is easy to clean if you read the instructions on how to remove the blade assembly with the ingredient cap on the lid section. It blends everything I throw at it, vegetables, fruits, ice, hot liquids, the lot. My only complaints are that you cannot completely remove the base of the glass jug for a real good scrub and that the ingredient cap used for screwing the blade assembly in and out is a bit brittle. Having said that, it never really gets dirty enough to warrant removing the base. I have after 5 years just sharpened the blades. It is a normal duty blender that does household domestic duties well. It is not a commercial unit

pb8

pb8Sydney

Really good for the price

Save your money

I bought this blender 8months ago. The blender really struggled with anything that did not resemble banana. The middle of the container now leaks whatever I put into it. I've decided to throw it out. Do yourself a favour and buy a quality product that lasts rather than this blender.

Chris

Chris

Garbage

Step 1 - I purchased this at Good Guys and it lasted 3 months and seized, so I took it back
Step 2 - I was given another Sunbeam model and this one lasted a little longer about 5 months, took it back again.
Step 3 - I will never get Sunbeam again.

Peter

PeterGosford

Sunbeam PB7610 replacement glass jug

Broken glass jug a joke

Bought this blender because it looked quite nice and liked the idea of a glass rather than plastic jug. Bad idea - glass cracked and now the whole thing is useless. Fed up with companies selling rubbish and expecting you to jump through hoops when it breaks a few months later if you want to keep it. So much for the customer. I won't be buying Sunbeam stuff again. May as well pay half as much for cheap Chinese imports which last just as long before you throw them out as well.
Looks
Glass breaks

CGON

CGON

Disappointing

Every time I have to remove the blades to clean this blender, I remember how much I actually hate it. The design is terrible and makes it really hard to clean. Also, mould seems to accumulate underneath the rubber seal quite easily which is disturbing and unhygienic. I will replace this unit with a new one soon, and not a Sunbeam.

Design, difficult to clean, unhygienic, quality of the blades,

Anna T

Anna TIndooroopilly

Nothing Special

This blender works fine for me. Needs a few hits to get it going with my smoothies, it doesn't really like ice or frozen berries. It's heavy and hard to clean which is frustrating. I haven't had a whole lot to complain about it but I wouldn't recommend to a friend.
It works
Heavy and hard to clean

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Anna T, when using ice and or frozen berries please use the pulse button first to break down the ingredients and then put onto a speed setting.

Terrible choice

This blender was the worst appliance I have ever bought. It leaked from the first time I used it and was impossible to clean properly. It stopped working after a week and I threw it out. I didn't try to make anything complicated with it either - just banana smoothies for my kids. Never buying Sunbeam again.

Aaron

Aaron

Good unit, But horrible to pour with the Jug.

Good Unit, But pouring with the Jug is horrible, Sunbeam may as well not even put a spout there, if you can call it that.
I like the Glass jug, motor runs well, i freeze bannas and put them in the blender with ICE and milk, works well.. but so hard to pour our. If you get one for free grab it, but pouring it is a pain.
It Blends.
It does not pour cleanly.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Aaron, Thank you so much for your feedback which will be forwarded onto our Design Team.

suki

sukimelbourne

So far so good

i bought couple month ago and it was for milkshake most time and crashing ice was all ok... ater i read all the reviews from other people here and lets wish mine one wont be broke at all... i would be very disappointing...specially the customer service sounds horrible to me ....
bought it on sale ..was 20$ off or something

mcluhan

mcluhanAvalon

Cracked Jug poor customer response

I have the same problem as others, have used this blender 6 times only bought 5 months ago so still in warranty. Was making cocktails with small amount of ice and the glass jug just cracked. Obviously a defect, but when you call customer service they say too bad not covered. The replacement Jug is the same price as a what i paid for Blender on sale. Wont be buying a Sunbeam Blender again and will make sure all my friends know on Facebook
Worked fine till you actually use it with ice
Wont work with ice

MrsB
MrsB

Have you been in contact with Consumer Affairs?

Faulty items are covered until Australian law, regardless of warranty (and the dribble Sunbeam tells you). Especially considering the advertising for their product. Eg. blends ice, heat resistant jug

Gus7

Gus7Far North Queensland, QLD

Great Product.

Same Problem

I too had the same problem of the glass jug cracking . Not happy!!!!! I have only used it twice. I rang customer service at sunbeam and they basically said "bad luck buy a replacement jug" and proceeded to provide me with a number. The replacement jug that I was given a price for was more than I paid for the blender. Looking at the all the reviews that are listed here there is obviously a problem with these jugs and Sunbeam needs to get on top of it and do something about it!!! Maybe be realistic and provide replacements at a reasonable price to customers that have purchased Sunbeam products would be a good start. I will never buy another Sunbeam product.
Great power
Cracked jug

Cracked glass

My glass cracked making watermelon juice with ice. Until then I was fairly happy although it did see to have a problem actually mixing everything up.
It worked well until it broke
It broke