Sunbeam Pizza Bake and Grill Oven 19L BT5350

Sunbeam Pizza Bake and Grill Oven 19L BT5350

MPN: BT5350

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now

3.7

schmo

schmoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Would not recommend!

Have owned 2 of these over 4 years. And each time the heating elements at the top has warped and causes the whole thing to short circuit. I stupidly thought I'd give them a second chance, but regrets aplenty. Before completely dying on us the unit began to take longer to do basic functions like toasting bread would take 10 minutes.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$99.00.

J L.

J L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Electrical fault after 2yrs old

Our first unit kept tripping out safely switch around 2 years old and same thing happened again to our 2nd unit. Very disappointing despite we like the size and functions.

Purchased in January 2018 at Myer for A$109.00.

Trish_DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Value.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$95.00.

Hello Trish_D
Thank you for the great feedback!

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Sunbeam Pizza Bake and Grill Oven 19L BT5350 compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Jase

JaseFar North Queensland, QLD

Simple easy to use and just Awesome for home pizza

Awesome little oven for pizza and stuff.
Cheap easy to use and the timer off function is the best thing ever..
Some times the simple things are the best.
And small oven less power.

Hi Jase,
Thanks for the wonderful feedback!

Claudia Moore

Claudia MooreSoutheast, SA

Sunbeam Pizza Bake Bake and Grill Oven BT 5350 .

Same experience as Elle T. Harvey Norman happily replaced My Sunbeam Pizza Bake and Grill Oven BT5350 . Same problem again . Customer Care at Sunbeam happily and very promptly replaced but problem has not been rectified. Disappointing. I have had 2 of these ovens lasting about 3 years each .

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$99.00.

Lindy

LindySouth East Queensland, QLD

Trips safety switch constantly.

I have bought Sunbeam products for most of my life and so did my Mum but I will think twice before doing that again. Have read a lot of reviews here and I concur with the uneven cooking of this oven but the clincher is that it keeps tripping my safety switch and the dials and door get very hot. I've had this oven for 2.5 years and it really started playing up after the warranty ran out and now I can't use it because it clearly is shorting out. Not happy and looking for a different oven to replace it with.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for A$69.00.

Doesn't toast properly

We go through one every one to three years. But the latest one we have has these metal bars on the bottom elements as pictured, so only the top of the toast gets toasted and we have to turn the toast the around to toast the other side. We tried both the toast and bake settings to no avail. Please help! If the toasting issue is resolved, I would give a 5 star. Generally its a great product.

Customer CareSunbeam

It was perfect for one year only

Bought pizza bake grill as my main oven element broke was great for pizza, toast etc but top two elements stopped working one week after one year warranty expired.
Disappointing

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for A$95.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Lorraine, sorry to hear, give our team a call to see if we can assist on 1300 881 861

jackieduong

jackieduong

Great oven, small caveat (though arguably, proper use and youd be fine)

Hi jackieduong,
Thank you for great feedback and review!. Kind regards Sunbeam

Tarielle

TarielleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good compact mini oven

This little oven really surprised me because it has no fan. My last one did and cooked really well.
I have had the Sunbeam oven for 2 months now and I have to say it is better than my old one with the fan. Very surprised. I use the bake function all the time when I'm cooking food and I quite often have toasted cheese sandwiches. The grill function is super quick. Over all this oven has been fantastic and is fairly quick in all the cooking I have done in it. I paid just under $100 so very much value for money. Even if it only lasts me a year or two I'm really happy and I would buy another one. So far so good.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$99.00.

Hi Tarielle,
Thank you for the great review!

Jan Liddicoat

Jan LiddicoatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

I have had Sunbeam products all my life and Im 65 now. I usually buy secondhand toaster ovens, but always Sunbeam because I do all my baking in it. I have a gas oven but hate it. The new one BT5350 is terrible and burns my cakes, pizzas and everything at the back. I am devistated as I love to bake and cant believe I have a negative review, but there you go, they dont make em like they used to.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$95.00.

BarryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rubbish.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman, Mount Barker for A$119.00.

Hi Barry,
Thank you for you feed back and sorry to hear about your experience with your oven. Please be assured your comments will be forwarded on to our development and technology teams.

Barry

I forget to mention that a lack of a spring on the door means that, when opening it, there is a chance of it dropping down hard onto the bench and breaking the glass door.

Poorly Designed

I got the idea to buy this from using my landlord's mini-oven, which is some no-name brand, it was brilliant in every regard.

This model however is not so brilliant. It doesn't cook evenly, pizzas burn towards the back and not cooked up front. It's also incredibly inefficient, in that there are two big gaps between the door and the contact points so heat is always oozing out of it.

Update:
Several months later and both bottom elements stopped working and the two top elements have uneven heat outputs. For an oven that's rarely used, this is quite disappointing.

Purchased in May 2018 at Appliances Online for A$119.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dan B, may I suggest you return this to your store of purchase as normally our ovens are quite efficient and this may have slipped through.

Hi Dan B,
Thank you for your reply. Please contact us on 1300 881 861 and we are more than happy to assist you further.

Sayersmob

SayersmobNarre Warren North

Handy little Oven

This oven is handy to use when your just cooking a small amount. It cooks a pizza well at a high temperature. You can use the top, bottom or both elements. Great for grilling, has a variety of settings which are a little hard to read but when you get used to them its simple to use. Lightweight and easily moved about. Would recommend this small oven.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Sayersmob!

STRATA MANGR

STRATA MANGRsydney

Perfect little pizza oven

I mostly use it to reheat pizza or take away meals. Perfect little oven as heats up very quickly and is economical to run.
I got it on special around the $100 mark.
So glad with the purchase as it was based mostly on all the reviews here. I bought another two for presents.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI STRA TA MANGR, thanks so much for the great review, we appreciate your time...

Allan W

Allan WSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great little unit (so far).

The reviews here convinced me to give this little oven a go (A$99 + postage from Harvey Norman online). It's terrific for what I've cooked so far: pizzas, roasts, fish and chips, cake (1) etc. I have not used the grill or re-heat functions yet as I've only had it a couple of weeks but it sure is fast compared to my normal oven so I have to be careful till I get the hang of it. Contrary to another review here I found the round perforated pizza dish is fine if you lightly oil and flour it before placing your pizza base on it; it is definitely not non-stick. So far so good.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Allan!

Virginia Bauer

Virginia BauerMelbourne

mostly good

this is the 2nd one I've had. The first one lasted nearly 8 years and it was pretty darn good; but I replaced it because the handle came off and sunbeam seemed very unhelpful with a replacement handle. Also the toasting function was extra slow. So I bought a new one hoping to get an appliance that can at least toast properly. Disappointed. The under side of the bread doesn't toast. I can't believe how hard it is for manufacturers to come up with an appliance that can toast evenly whether it be a toaster or a toaster oven

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Virginia, may I get you to give our Customer Care team a call to make sure everything is ok with the product, we want you to be happy with the product. Our contact number is 1300 881 861..

min40fc

min40fcPerth, WA

Buy this with a timeline in mind

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Vanessa .A

Vanessa .ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect mini oven!!!

Really good for cooking everything you want
The 19l capacity is enough for a small family
You can bake , grill , reheat!
Really easy to use
When mine is broken I just buy the same beacause it is really the best mini oven I had since a long time !!
If you don't have many place for storage it is the perfect deal !!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
slardar

slardarNSW, 1825

Compact, heats up fast and simple to use

Bought one of these earlier in 2016, however after a while the top heating elements began to warp and buckle due to oil / food debris splashing up during the cooking process. Since it no longer cooks as quickly so I decided to buy a replacement unit from The Good Guys for $85 online

This BT5350 seems to feature some new changes and upgrades (version 2 of the original product), as it now has stainless steel guards that surround the heating elements which now protects them from debris / oils that might otherwise land on the elements.

It's a good oven for the price; it starts up and heats up quickly to the target temperature, and seems to outperform my built in oven when it comes to cooking smaller dishes or single meals.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018