Sunbeam Sleep Express Electric Fitted

Queen (BL4851), Double (BL4841), Single (BL4821)
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Dilickabee
DilickabeeNew South Wales

Died after 20 uses

Purchased June 2016. Yes it is out of the 3 year warranty period. Used around 20 times. one side stopped working last year, the other side this year.
I am amazed that such a simple electrical product fails after such little use. Given the number of similar complaints about malfunctioning electric blankets, you'd have to believe that there is an incredible failure rate and that Sunbeam have real issues in manufacturing a lasting product consistently.
I would love to know of a reliable brand as a replacement.

Purchased in June 2016 at Bing Lee for $99.00.

Svay
SvaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

It heats up quick and feel nice to sleep with the warmness. You can adjust 3 levels of the heat. Easy to hing it and fold it in the sun.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $45.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Svay,
Thank you for the lovely review! glad to hear you're loving your Sunbeam blanket.

ak47wong
ak47wongAU

Adequate, but heating area too small

Purchased in April 2016 at Myer.

Hi ak47wong,
Many thanks for the detailed review.

Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

Find out how Sunbeam Sleep Express Electric Fitted compares to other Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

Warm LizzieSouth West, WA

Great to get into a nice warm bed.

I like the idea of having a warm bed to hop into but I can feel every wire under the sheet and don't like that feeling. Can I put a mattress protector over the electric blanket, or is that not a safe thing to do.

Purchased in August 2019 at Catch.

Hi Warm Lizzie,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. You can use a mattress protector - as long as it does not have any plastic, rubber, gel or other latex lining it.
Kind Regards,

Warm Lizzie

Thank you very much for your reply.

Rose
RoseVictoria

Excellent electric blanket

I purchased the Sunbeam Express QB electric blanket from Betta Home Living on special.This is the best one I have ever owned,heats up quickly with a simple 3 setting switch.Very happy with this purchase.

Purchased in August 2019 at Betta Home Living for $98.00.

Hi Rose,
Thanks for the great review!
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Cathy
CathyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can’t survive without it

During Winter I turn the electric blanket just before I go to bed every night and it makes getting a good night’s rest so much easier. Prior to this I was shivering and dreaded the idea of hopping into an ice cold bed. The blanket heats up very fast and has 3 adjustable levels. I’ve had this for about a week and I would definitely recommend it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $59.00.

Hi Cathy,
Thanks for the great review! Kind regards, Sunbeam

BUGBUYER
BUGBUYERHunter Region, NSW

I couldn't go thru winter without My electric blanket

My Wife & I just love our Sunbeam electric blanket. We couldn't get thru our very cold winters [was 1c degree this morning and usually around 6c degrees when We go to bed. I love the digital readout too. One look and you know what heat setting and how long it is on for... It also just fits our queen sized bed perfectly. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED .... BUGBUYER

Purchased in March 2018 for $99.00.

Hi Bugbuyer,
Thanks for the great review! Kind Regards,

cassurinamorrinsville

so far so good

Mines on the spare bed so only gets used once a month or so. Its working ok so far. my friend said it was good and nice and warm and heated up quickly.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
jack.hart.5205
jack.hart.5205Perth, Western Australia

Just bought this unit from Harvey Normans $99-99 sale $66

Just replace my old blanket with this unit ,still trying the controls as the first one is very low heat, wife just turn on the third number to see how long it takes to get hot ,serpose to be ten min ????.
Wish use luck

Date PurchasedMay 2018

pdm17AU

Let there be light

This blanket is easy to fit soft texture, it heats up fairly quickly, my previous blanket was also a Sunbeam, had it for 10 years never a problem. The only thing I can say about this one is that the controls have a blue light when turned on and it lights up the room

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Renchan
Renchan

Works well

Purchased two of these for the kids beds. Easy to switch on and off.

Simple to clean in the washing machine.

Stay securely on the bed without moving about.

Good price.

Lee
LeeSydney, NSW

It's not durable

After i think a week or two of using it didnt work anymore. It's not durable. It has warranty but the shop is not that close to our place that is why we still didnt exchange. We just thought we can use it for at least months but we didnt.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Lou C
Lou CNewcastle

Comforting and warm

We got this for winter and it's been really good. Individual controls on each side allow us to have it at the temperature my partner and I are comfortable with. I'm very happy with it.

Doodah01
Doodah01Coogee

Lasted 3 months before one side stopped heating

This is the second Sunbeam blanket I have purchased in 2 years. First purchase I lost the receipt when, after one winter, one side stopped heating. With some caution I purchased another Sunbeam as it was on sale at the time. I kept the receipt and returned faulty blanket today. There is no replacement available (until next winter), but at least I got a refund. I won’t buy another Sunbeam electric blanket.

Great electric blanket

It heats up very fast n is ideal for cold climates
It is the best item I have bought in years
I highly recommend it to everyone to use through winter

Ann
Annasked
Sleep Express Electric Fitted

Just brought a new Sleep Express fitted electric blanket. Used for a few nights but doesn’t seem to get overly warm and I wonder what it’s going to be like as we head in to winter. Our last blanket got really hot on the high settings but sadly no longer works.
Not had a Sunbeam blanket before. I had expected more heat than we are getting.

cassurina

i have to have mine on 7 before its hot enough. and it only goes to 9.

Hi Ann,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further trouble shooting Kind Regards,

pdm17

Hello I have no trouble with the heating, I think it only goes as high as 3. As I said the blue light is bright on the controls and after using it for a while it's not a snug fit on the mattress,the nylon sides have stretched

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 3 Sunbeam Sleep Express Electric Fitted
CategoryElectric Blankets & Heated ThrowsElectric Blankets & Heated ThrowsElectric Blankets & Heated Throws
Compare all 3 Sunbeam Sleep Express Electric Fitted