Sunbeam Verve Max Glide SR6851

Sunbeam Verve Max Glide SR6851

MPN: 35904785

RiniGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst iron ever I have bought

The dial control spins to lower heat continually while in use, the steam is great for about 3 minutes and then peters out, even though there is plenty of water left still. It does not seem to get hot enough for ironing cottons. I paid a lot for this and I am unhappy with it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $130.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton

Hi Rini,
So sorry to hear of your experience with your iron. Your feedback has been passed onto our product team. Please return the iron to the store .

Rini

Thanks for your response. Are you saying that my local Harvey Norman will accept it as a return? Kate.

Hi Rini,
Correct. It is covered by a 2 year warranty.

Rina

RinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

It leaks badly...

I was so excited to use this iron since we bought it, but because we have to moved in other country I didn’t tried it right away for the sake of unpacking & packing again. After 2 months the day we bought it I finally used it & i was so disappointed because the water leaks right away. Its leaking a lot, that the water just be gone quickly. But despite its leaking,i have to used it because that that only iron we have that time. And it got to the point that i got burned skin because its leaking hot water.. one thing i have regret that i didn’t tried it before we have moved to other country. we could have returned it or get fixed.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Steam Iron

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Hi Dan,
Super happy you love the iron and thanks for great review!!!!!

El Hodgetts

El HodgettsCairns

Smooth and Steamy!

Wow! Hadn’t realized how irons have improved since buying my last one a decade ago. Should have bought one sooner. This is so steamy and smoothes out strong cottons in one glide. Definitely saves time in the mad morning rush to work. My son is even keen to have a go himself. Excellent!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Jennifer Smiles

Jennifer SmilesKerikeri

Best Iron I have owned

Heats up fast, temperature seems correct, the steam is amazing, I am a Pomme so I do a lot of ironing, it is a bit heavier than I am used to but glides over clothing so easy that it is a pleasure to iron and not so much a chore.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Not A Domestic Goddess

Not A Domestic GoddessSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't buy this product ....

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Sunbeam Gold solid CRAP

My wife bought the Sunbeam Gold iron, only days ago, it is without doubt the worst Iron I have ever used in my 50 odd years of being a domesticated male.. it simply does not perform as it should, god knows they have had sooooo long to get it right, it is a total rip off BTW purchased at 2nd World Cremorne at the recommendation of some creepy saleman.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Extremley poor product

I purchased this iron on Saturday 4/6/2016. Absolutely hate it, it does not iron out creases. I constantly need to re iron the same spot time and time again and it still does not give results I'm happy with. My previous iron was brilliant and I will be purchasing another one of those today. For the price I paid for this I feel ripped off. It's not faulty it's just a very poor item. Spoke to Sunbeam customer care. The gentleman there was less than helpful, I am returning this iron to the retailer today and for an extra $10 will buy a Braun that has been given top rating by Choice magazine. Shocked at such a poor Sunbeam product

Brendan K.Sunbeam
crafteecc

crafteecc

Another Sunbeam failure!

Donna G

Donna Gasked

My brand new Verve max glide is almost unusable. From the very first use it gets an area of "burnt scale" like something has been stuck to it (which it has not) just below the top holes. It then grabs on the whatever I am trying to iron and will ruin fine fabrics. I have always used a Sunbeam iron and have never had this problem before.

Hi Donna G,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. This is highly unusual for this model. So sorry to hear of this. So sorry to hear of this. If purchased with in the last 24 months and you have your receipt please return it to the store of purchase. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators