Sunbeam Brita Water Filter & Chiller WF6400 / WF6600

WF6400 and WF6600

peeved1

peeved1Perth, WA

Great product

I bought one of these in 2009 it hasn't missed a beat until recently, it has been showing signs of wear
but never had an issue with it, it has always kept the water chilled and fresh, everyone that has used it was very happy with the fresh clean water.

Dear Peeved1,
Thank you for your feedback, glad your happy with your WF6400.
Kind Regards

tjr

tjrSouth East Queensland, QLD

waste of momey

very disappointed, got to twelve months and the chiller no longer chilled, but the warranty had just expired. I would not purchase another one and wish I had read reviews before my purchase as it seems it is a common problem with this particular product, shame on sunbeam, I expected better

Warning..... Do not buy!!

Do not even consider purchasing this product. Even the replacement machine failed! Gave the company the benefit of the doubt & thought we would try the new model. Failed after 13 months. Would never buy another Brita or Sunbeam product again. Discovered that we have three other family/friends that have had the same problem. Trying to get a Brita fixed is a VERY expensive exercise and not worth it.

Schermann

Schermann

Filters water 100% OK but chiller claim a marketing porky!

Does what it says, filters water perfectly. 100 % reliable if never plugged in!!!

The chiller function has no refrigeration function or element so it can only maintain water at room temperature. The same temp can be achieved by not plugging it in also. Actually works better if you never plug it in because then it saves you money by never breaking down, lol!

Greta product, chill option is a marketing con because there is no refrigeration system present, just a fan!

So use as a water filter and not a bogus chiller and this product will work flawlessly for decades going forward.

Sunbeam, you can't fool all the people all the time...

NatalieCanberra

Unhappy with product

My chiller is now out of warranty and like you all are saying, sadly the motor is now noisy and does not chill anymore. Really disappointed, expensive product and I've regularly changed the filters and kept the water level up but this product obviously by what your all saying has a very short life span.

Also very disappointed

I bought one of these 2 years ago, and it takes a long time to chill the water. My husband had an accident and needed un-chilled water, which was why we bought the expensive one. However, it makes a noise all the time, and the blue light that signals that the water is chilled comes on very infrequently. I am also quite concerned as it is quite warm at the back.
As others have said, it is a great concept, looks good on the bench, and I would absolutely love it if it worked well.
Great idea - if it works, I'd love it
It has largely stopped chilling the water and the motor seems to go all the time.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Rushie, for further troubleshooting please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861.

Disappointed

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Kate, could you please contact us on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

Lyn59
Lyn59

I also have the VF 6600, and mine is not chilling any longer either. Can a person get new thermostats for these units. Mine started making a noise like the fan was seizing up, and now it just does nothing.

Garry Tebble..Melbourne, Arkansas

Need because of ilness filtered water is a nescesity..

Have had this product for about 2 years and was happy but have had mixed feelings on this product as my neighbour brought one and lasted 16 months,my sister also brought one 2 years max why this the water cooler in the machine no longer chills and now my chiller is stuffed,I would not reccomend this product to anyone as a matter of fact I will be putting a message on facebook warning people not to buy this water chiller as it will only last a short time,cost around $200 Exspense i cannot afford again,as i am a pensioner,with a name like sunbeam and has been around for many years never will i buy your products again,,.....

chilller not working

Sunbeams shame

After 3 months , the unit stopped chilling the water. Obviously the motor was of inferior standard. No apologies from Sunbeam and no recall.
the water was cold but not chilled even though it was running 20 hours out of 24.
sorry, i wont buy or recommend Sunbeam again. Unfortunately i did not keep any of the warranty or receipts.
For its intended function, size was good.
Water was cold and not chilled. lasted 3 months and not repairable. waste of money

kia convert

kia convertSouth Australia, 5554

Not value for money

Initially it worked well, kept water really chilled.However as months went by the water became less and less cool. The unit looks attractive in its chrome finish but at a few hundred dollars its overpriced.the filters are overpriced as well and I found it easier to buy the filters on ebay from the UK... The unit is best used with rainwater
Initially cool water. chrome finish. attractive design
It is expensive, expensive filters, water is now not as cool as when it was bought

G.Lo

Poor service from Sunbeam

BJ Cameron

BJ CameronNorth Queensland, QLD

Stops Working

This is our third Sunbeam filter and chiller and they always stop working about 12 to 18 months after purchase and lf course, out of warranty. All other systems work well - light/filter/access - but only water at room temperature. Very disappointed. Have quite a few filter inserts on hand and no where to go.
Style, cool water, ready to drink
Cooling motor stops working.

Terrible - Do not waste your money!

murphman

murphman

The Kids Love it

We have had this filter for some time now and the whole family love it. When the kids are thirsty its the first place the kids go. The water tastes great and the Brita filter removes all traces of chlorine from the tap water, i even use it when cooking. The water filter is easily accessible and a family favourite.
Cold water without the terrible tap water taste.

g.walker

g.walkerMELBOURNE

back up service awfull

i received my water chiller as a christmas present 2011 and immediately put it to use.started well with cold great tasting water something we don't get from the tap.after 5 weeks the chiller unit stopped working completely.the store where it was purchased would not take it back as my son who purchased it had lost the receipt and had paid cash so had no bank or credit card entry to validate.I have to date e-mailed Sunbeam on many occaisions but have had only 1 initial response from them stating that my query had been received and they would contact me in 3 day's it is now 3 months and to date no resolve.the worst customer service i have experienced.
initially great tasting cold water
broke down within 5 weeks and no back up service to date

atdwjd

atdwjd

Don't buy poor quality

Do not buy this unit. I am on my fourth and this one just died after 14 months outside of warranty. All other have died within warranty and had to be replaced. Water is ok quality but fan noisy as it gets older.
Water nice and cold
Breaks down very poor quality

Broken, Do not buy

Jim_Ford

Jim_Ford

Sunbeam WF6600 "Great until it dies!"

Easy to use chilled water for 15 months then it died. Water filters are easy to change and not too expensive. Fan can get noisy but quietens down when water is cool. Apart from a noisy fan- it was great and then it died - no light, no cooling function - absolutely dead as the proverbial "dodo". Make sure you get an extended warranty - probably with any similar unit too. Luckily we did (through Myer).
Convenient bench mounted water filter and chiller
Noisy fan, died after 15 months

brandy

brandy

Good

Very surprised to hear the problems everyone else is having. I have had mine for over a year and other than the chilling fan making a little noise it has not broken down.

The Brita filter is fantastic and is available everywhere so not an issue to get replacement ones. Easy to refill.
Clean chilled water. Looks great and you know when it is time to replace the filter. Filters are also readily available. Brita filter makes a big difference to the quality of the water.
Chilling fan eventually becomes a little noisy.