Supercoat Adult Dog Food

Supercoat Adult Dog Food

Real Chicken, Real Beef, Real Kangaroo, Real Lamb

See the Best Dog Foods in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Pet's Life StageAdult (5) · Senior (3) · Puppy/Kitten (2)
  • Side Effects Yes (6) · No (5)
  • Smell

Myeronline

MyeronlineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Ant food

The alleged sealable bag, breaks in an instant. If you enjoy feeding Ants. Then buy any Purina product of 18kg for dogs. Total waste of money. Not the first time it has been purchased. Thank you for reading my Ant food review... :-)

Purchased in December 2019 at Pet Circle.

First L.

First L.Hunter Region, NSW

Purina = Pure diarrhea

Do you hate picking up your dogs poop?
Are you into super sloppy dog faeces that can only be wiped off your floor tiles as opposed to picked up?
Do you enjoy seeing that look of shame on your dogs face after being unable to make it outside before their bowels burst uncontrollably?
Well, if you like the texture of cream based soups that smell like a barrel of farts mixed into a rotting corpse that only ate blue cheese and never bathed (prior to becoming a corpse) then this doggy diarrhea inducing product is for you, ya sicko....
For everyone else my recommendation would be, just dont buy it

Purchased in November 2019.

Emma

EmmaCentral West, NSW

Disappointing for a product that could be good.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths.

Zoe

ZoeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed

My dog wasnt keen on the food but ate it. I have never had to clean up so much dog poo/diarrea ever! It did not agree with him & in 2weeks of eating it he lost a few kilos. It just went straight through him... very disappointed. Also the ziplock seal on the bag did not even work but that was minor compared to my dogs reaction.

Purchased in September 2019 at PetBarn for $48.00.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

John001

John001AU

Weight down - prices up ...

About a year back the 8kg bag of Purina Supercoat was quietly reduced to 7.5kgs - now I notice that whilst the weight remains the same the price has gone from $26.00 to $29.00. Up until recently it was often on "special" at a supermarket for $16.00 but now the the cheapest "special" to be found is $20.00 and more. This week the cheapest "special" in Melbourne was $23.00.

What is it with these companies, always looking for some shifty way to extract more out of a customer without anything in return. Time to look elsewhere for another dog food.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $23.00.

Peter H.

Peter H.South East Queensland, QLD

My Dogs Love It! Price has increased recently only draw back.

I mix the Supercoat 50:50 with My Dog canned foods. Both very healthy active dogs even at 10 & 12 yrs old. Good stool formation without a great deal of smell.

Purchased at Woolworths.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Causes diarrhoea

The food goes out as quick as it goes in. The dry alone causes such an upset stomach for my puppy and he has such a sense of urgency the poor pup. Waking up to a room full of runny poo in the mornings is not ideal. Wouldn’t recommend.

Don't show

Don't showWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Pricing

All my dogs love Supercoat and have no reactions to it. My only concern is the price has increased by $5 a 7.5 Kg bag at both Coles and Woolworths. This is a huge one off increase.

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Travelwary

TravelwarySydney, NSW

Great for my elderly dog

I’ve been buying Supercoat for a couple of years and Supercoat Grain Free for a year, and can’t fault it.
My rescue dog has a very sensitive stomach and many other dog foods have made her sick enough to be in the vet hospital for a few days.
She loves Supercoat and has thrived on it. Wouldn’t buy anything else now.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths.

Smell
Pet's Life StageSenior

Tanya

TanyaSydney, NSW

Supercoat dog food

Just one smell and look of it says it all no smell and dry as a bone, my dogs arent stupid took one bite and started to cough ,australia needs to regualte pet food industry so they will stop lying, grain isnt good for human or pet consumption.

Purchased in April 2019 for $15.99.

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dog doesn’t eat it

Dog doesn’t eat it anymore I had super blend didn’t like that so got large breed puppy chicken he doesn’t eat that either and sloppy stools and itching I’m switching him to a more expensive quality one now

Purchased in March 2019 for $45.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

sue

Big problems for my cocker spaniel

My dog liked this so I changed from a very mixed good diet to this dry food. He has been on this since last match so more or less a year. During this time he has lost most his coat from his rear end and legs and stomach and the rest of his coat is horribly thin. I took him to the vet who said it was an allergy and treated him so but in think it's linked to this food and was so interested in reading these posts. I'm stopping tonight and giving him a really good diet which does not consist of this product. Fingers crossed that this works as he looks just dreadful and I cannot believe I didn't consider his diet earlier. Not only has he lost his fur but his skin is red and wrinkled..poor thing

Purchased in March 2019 for $38.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageSenior
Side Effects Yes

Not even ants go near it.

So toxic is this dry dog food my great Dane was immediately covered in an allergy. The pain of an allergic reaction is terrible to watch. On closer inspection the ants would crawl all over the VIP natures goodness and market garden but nowhere near the supercoat. Which would suggest a radioactive element in the dog food. DO NOT FEED ANY DOG THIS POISON.

Preet

PreetToowoomba

It is a ok midrange dogfood.

Dog likes the food, however, i found its not much filling for the dog . No change in bowel formation.

Tayla M

Tayla MMelbourne

Dog loves it

My pup loves this will not eat anything else but this one, it’s very cost efficient can always find it at a good price between coles and woolworths

MessyJessy

MessyJessyRevesby Heights, NSW, 2212

Great for my babies

My baby has pancreatitis and can only eat dog food under 10% fat, this is an excellent brand and the dogs love it. It is also very reasonably priced as i have 2 dogs to feed a bag can last me up to a month, so I would recommend this ood o any dog lover.

Supercoat healthy weight. Definitely not for everydog

My dog loved the taste but after a few days of feeding (and yes I followed the instructions for slow intro of new food) experienced severe diarrhea and vomiting, blood in diarrhea, straining to poo and pain. I spent over $800 at the vet (tested for pancreatitis, liver and kidney function and a bunch of other things) and they found nothing wrong except dehydration and recent change in food. His “Illness” abated after I changed his food.
This week I took on a second dog and since I still had a heap of the food left over I thought perhaps my dog old was sensitive and this young guy might be fine with it. Three days in and the diarrhea has started. This stuff is literally the worse dog food I’ve ever fed my dogs.

Dog food

My dogs love this brand and their coats are really glossy price is very good as well highly recommend this product

Lucy

LucySydney, NSW

Amazing

I'm not sure why everybody here is bashing the brand but my dog loves this food. I buy the 18 kg bags from PetCircle for around $40, which saves me a lot of money compared to buying Royal Canin or Hills. My staffy is thriving off this food and his coat is shining. He has pyoderma as a result of a flea allergy which has resulted in hair loss and scaly skin. His skin looks beautiful now and his hair is growing back. I'm guessing that reviews which state that their dogs experienced vomiting and diarrhoea is because of them changing their dogs food after sticking with one specific brand for a while, resulting in an upset stomach, or their dogs have food sensitivities and hence they have to eat foods e.g. Royal Canin Sensitivity

my dog lost his coat ... terribly

My dog had terrible reactions to this “food”... terrible skin reaction and a mange like appearance lost almost all his fur, changed to a vet brand food and now enjoying his luscious long hair again... don’t feed your dog this stuff!!

kelly.g

kelly.gasked

My dogs recently changed to Supercoat when Purina stopped making Beneful. One dog started to develop excessive drinking and urinating, recurrent ear infections and a thinning of her coat. These signs and symtoms can mimic a number of serious conditions such as Cushings disease, Diabetes, kidney disease and tumorS (ptituary & adrenal). However, after over $1000 dollars of Vet Bills and no findings, my other dog started to exhibit the same symptoms. I have no doubt that this product is linked to what has happened with my animals and have now switched them to a Vet Prescription diet. Has any one else had a similar experience as this is not acceptable ?

Mike

Both are just as worse as each other I believe I tried supercoat and dog turned his nose up I just feed raw now and no cereal sprayed with vitamins I believe no matter how cheap or expensive kibble you pay for it’s still bad for the dog.

David

Davidasked

Hi Just got a bag of fish and Salmon supervisor. My dog had eaten the kangaroo variety before with out issue

My healthy beagle got sick in the first week, lost weight would eat anything,. Laboured breathing started this week died today

Vet found blood healthy, no fluid on lungs, didn't know what was happening

No proof that it was the food but had anyone had similar experiences

Dsvid

sue

my dog is not well and I think its the food. he has lost so much of his coat and generally lost condition. I have taken him of this food and im feeding him a different diet, plus he is on medication from the vet. please be careful I would seriously not give my dog another bite of this product.

J R

J Rasked

I have fed Supercoat to a numer of my dogs for some 15 years but now my 7yr old dog has had some problems with his digestion and I am very concerned.
Please let me know how much of each preservative (eg %) is in each bag of Supercoat and if the New variety has a different content?
I note there is very little differences between the different types as a variety of meat is in the different type. Please include Kangaroo flavour in your response. I am very concerned about kangaroo as it is carted long distances and probably has more preservative because of this.
How much Aflatoxin is added and is it according to the Australian Standard.
Do any dog food producers stick rigidly to the Standards and when will this stop being voluntary and producers prosecuted for using rubbish (eg chicken feathers and carcasses, stale meat, skin, fish (without listing it) and other inappropriate 'filters'.

Get an answer from our members and Supercoat representatives