Supercoat Sensitive

Supercoat Sensitive

Perfect can’t fault it

I have been feeding my Shepherd for over 3 years with supercoat haven’t found a problem with it she is active and is gaining weight. We also have a 10 mth old kelpie who has been brought up on it as well the same with him he is active and gaining weight.
Perfect product

Awesome for sensitive stomachs

My dog loves this food even though it is fish flavoured. He is a cavalier and has always had a sensitive stomach. It's reasonably priced and everyone comments on how shiny my dog's coat is.

Good product

I bought the supercoat sensitive smart blend,
And my 2 dogs loves it and it seems to be helping with the stool and the skin and a lot of people say the same.

Made my animals have the runs and sore tummys

Sadly made my animals have very soft stool and upset stomachs. Do not think ill be trying this product again

Gave my dog Soft Diarrhoea

SUPERCOAT should be Renamed SOFTSTOOL. Our dogs were leaving landmines all over. We switched to Hills Active and our dogs love us for it. They eat less and they are easy to clean up after as they have healthy stools and less of them. Cost per day is about the same and a healthy dog will live longer yes for speciality foods.

Bad allergic reaction constant itching

Purchased a bag when travelling for our English staffy. Never again. Constant scratching and shaking following consumption. Whatever the filler is not good for sensitive dogs. Back to raw chicken necks, rice veg and coconut oil ASAP.

Supermarket foods should be off the market

Worst ingredients you could probably give your dog. Grain free is the way to go, supermarket cheaper pet foods such as this will just give you long term health problems in your pet.

Happy with it!

After our dog suffered bloating from another well-known dog food brand, we decided to try Supercoat Sensitive. He did great on it and he's never had problems with bloat since, even on other foods. Would recommend to anyone with a dog who suffers from bloat.

Never again

Bought Purina supercoat Active biscuits with Real Kangaroo .Have 2 dogs thought l give product ago with in 3 days largest dog vommiting & shaking day after smaller dog same l immediately with drew purina from diet .That was 22nd Oct 14 . Doing well now never again will l purchase the product

No more vet bills

After spending a fortune on vet bills to treat my Jack Russell cross with cortisone injections, tablets and creams and no clue what was causing his terrible rash, I decided to go with my gut and cut out all red meat and red meat protein in his diet. However it was not easy to find reasonably priced dog food without red meat protein, but I finally found Supercoat Sensitive which has been fantastic. I now cook Oscar's wet food myself, so I know what he eats and substitute with the dry food and we have not had an outbreak of skin rash for years. So, if your dog has skin conditions, try taking them off red meat protein - I can highly recommend Supercoat Sensitive.
Guaranteed no red meat protein and very economical

Lifesaver!

Evee, my 5 yr old kelpie loves this dog food! She is the runt of her litter and has had problems maintaining a healthy weight, she has also suffered from colitis, and had sensitive skin- our local vet gave up on her but my family and I desperately persisted to find a solution. In the past she hadn't reacted well to biscuit but after some positive reviews we tried Supercoat sensitive and her overall health has improved significantly! Her skin and coat has improved ten fold, she has put on weight finally and the biscuits haven't stirred up her colitis at all :) Evee looks and appears healthier than ever, our family stress levels have reduced significantly too!
Everything- can't put a price on my dogs health and happiness

Interesting effect

I've tried supercoat before in the past and recently been using the adult chicken seemed legit and my husky girl didn't seem to mind it since she is really fussy I saw the 'sensitive' bag which I hadn't payed much attention to & knowing she has always been strange or sick with food thought I would give it a go! To my surprise after trying heaps of expensive biscuits in the past she really loves this one even looks around for more I'm guessing huskies love their fish! Tuna not so good for huskies with the amount of mercury in it (warning) but over all very pleased if she's happy I'm happy
New flavours
Filler ingredients

Why add corn

I wondered why my dogs allergies were returning I then read ingredients and they have added corn. So now I have to find another food. After eating this food my dog had scratched all the fur off his chest and he smells like corn chips. So please change back to original formula.

They changed ingredients

blackhawke aussie made and owned no fillers and affordable

Why did you have to change it?

I relied on Supercoat sensitive for the last 2.5 years. It was the only food I could afford that my dog could eat without getting the runs. Then last month he got ill again. I remembered the new packs had a new green label on it that said 'natural'. I compared the ingredients with an old empty bag I still had. They have changed! I don't know exactly what my dog reacts to, but 'it' didn't used to be in Supercoat sensitive and now 'it' obviously is. Why did they have to change an excellent product? Please Purina - lets have the old formula back!

Can't use it anymore as it is now making my dog ill

Could you try adding some fresh meat to the Sensitive? It is helping dog with a similar problem. Also, Thrive D is an enzyme you can add. Not cheap but you don't need much... and may be able to add to a cheaper product and get off Purina completely .. just a thought

It now has Corn in it!

They have recently changed the formula and it now has corn in it.
This is very bad news for owners who relied on Supercoat Sensitive for their Gluten Intolerant dogs.

I spoke to Supercoat/Purina about this and they just fobbed me off and tried to tell me that Corn is fine in dog food.

I'm now going to have to find more money in my low budget to purchase a more expensive Gluten Free kibble for my dog.

Really angry at Supercoat/Purina for destroying what was once a really good dry kibble for dog owners (with dogs who are Gluten Intolerant) on a low budget.

Thank you for reading my review.
The Price.
It Now has corn in it :(

Why change it?Hi John, My guess is that Corn is a cheap filler to make up the weight in the food. It look as though Profit is much more important than dog's health to these big companies. i'm so mad about this - my dog is very allergic to both Wheat and Corn (it causes absolute havoc to his system). The old Supercoat Sensitive worked really well for him. With the last bags i bought for him (last month), i noticed a Sticker on the packaging saying 'New Formula' coming soon - my heart sunk and i had a bad feeling they were going to ruin it. Looking at the New Bags in the Supermarket now they have 'Corn' listed. Supercoat/Purina's response was pitiful they could not of given a hoot about what they have done.Yes, not happy either. We relied on this product as well. It was the only one we found that worked for our GSD. I did send an email to purina/supercoat and got no response at all. Also their website still lists the old version and not the one on the shop shelves.

Great for Bull terrier skin

My bull terrier is allergic to beef, kangaroo lamb chicken, almost everything , so I was giving him really expensive food for allergies then on the off chance I had a look at the ingredients on the purina packet - fish(salmon and tuna and sardines) so I thought I would give it a try, well his skin in looking fantastic , not at all red or itchy .
Inexpensive and great for his skin
He has quite smelly wind But I can live with this if it means not itching and redness

Only kibble my sensative GSD can have

I too tried this product after failing with expensive ones. Straight away we found a change in her reactions to this. Would suggest it to anyone with a dog who can't tolerate other kibbles. Gluten free is the key I think. And the best bit is it is light on the wallet.
Great for our sensitive tummy dog. Very affordable price and available in Supermarket. Gluten free
Only one is doesn't' come in the larger bag but that's ok.

Excellent for GSD with sensitive stomach

After trying every dry food on the market our GSD loves this one and it loves him too. Excellent affordable choice for dogs with interolances.
Available in supermarkets and affordable
Would like it in larger size bags as well

I purchased this product for my staffy who has allergies and sensitive skin. Since starting the food, his coat has been much shinier and his skin far less irritated. I think the omega oils have worked a treat! I have tried other prescription diets with varied success but have found this food really good and alot cheaper. I would recommend this product to any dog to help support a healthy tummy and skin. Defintely worth a try.
Wide availability, effective formula and resonably priced. Resealable bag
Kibbles could be little larger. Cannot get bulk bags, only available in a 3.5kg bag

I have 3 dogs, 2 which are both fed on Supercoat Sensitive. My Ridgeback has mildly sensitive skin and stomach. She responded very very well to Supercoat Sensitive. Further more, my Poodle Cross Super Sensitive, allergic to EVERYTHING dog tolerates the food VERY VERY WELL!!
Previously we had spent literallly thousands going to Doggy Dermatologists, having skin and blood tests done to try to help her poor allergic skin. She was put on many premium vet diets. One totally Vegetarian. She was best on that. However I ran out of the Vego super expensive dog food, and gave her some of the Supercoat Sensitive I had for the other dog. There were NO bad reactions whatsoever! I was expecting her skin to deteriorate, but it didnt. So its Supercoat Sensitive all round from now on. My Bank account is thanking me. So is my Dog (Dogs)
Price! Excellent product for sensitive dogs.
Only available at Specialist Petbarn type stores. Just an Inconvenience, not a problem with the product