Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Trekker

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Trekker (2006-2008)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

An expensive throw away car

Bought a 2006 with less than 180, 000 kms on it, after a month of driving, started making a knocking noise in the motor. Was told it was a timing chain and quoted $3000 to fix it. Got rid of it and bought a 2007 trecker. That's just clocked 80, 000 and now has a big end bearing on the way out. I have owned seven suzuki 4wds, five of them pre 2000, and couldn't fault them. These last two are absolute over priced rubbish.

TransmissionManual

2006 2.7Lt V6 143KW Trekker Pack Manual has been Excellent! 10 years old now

TransmissionManual

I had GV V6 from brand new for 8 years now ,so far no problem with this car at all. Even we offroad driving a lot .very strong SUV . Now I'm looking for to update it to a diesel engine , but with Suzuki engine don't come with an auto so . I think I have to wait for a while
Very capable off road
No protection for the radiator

TransmissionAutomatic