Suzuki Grand Vitara

Suzuki Grand Vitara (2005-2021)

Also referred to as: Suzuki Grand Vitara 2020 and Suzuki Grand Vitara 2022. JB / JT.I, JB / JT.II
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Suzuki? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features

Ricky dee
Ricky deePerth, WA

Kizashi engine fits in Grand Vitara

Re: common GV Cracked j24b block and or cracked head.
Swaped late model, 2012, Kizashi engine into my 2010 Grand vitara.
Used GV intake and exhaust manifolds and GV sump and dipstick. The Grand vitara runs Beautifully again.
Just so everyone knows...

Purchased in March 2015 at Pain Stop.

Fisher
FisherMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Greatest Vehicle i ever had

Purchased in March 2013 for $21,000.00.

My Suzuki Grand Vitara got on fire automatically

I have a 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara. Driving on 15 Sep 2020, I sow fire over engine. Before I take the fire extinguisher, most parts of the engine were damaged.

Purchased in November 2019 for $15,000.00.

Find out how Suzuki Grand Vitara compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Great little run about but don't put tow bars on them

If towing it will break out the mounting points on the beaver panel, after talking with a mechanic he has seen it a lot with grand Vista's after 100000 klms
2016 jb 3 door has only done 40000 klms very disappointed . Now help from suzuki australian

Purchased in August 2016 at Suzuki Dealers.

Neil7052
Neil7052AU

I have 2012 4WD model. First 3 years was OK, but now its got 95,000 km its starting to have issues. The heater blower just broke, I was very lucky to get a used one installed cheap. LCD Dashboard screen display has pixels that have failed so often I can not read the time and the radio station. One rear door is rusting! Poor rustproofing from the factory. Car is easily scratched as the paint is extremely thin as are the panels which can be dented by hand. Fuel consumption is terrible as its a permanent 4wd, I rarely get less that 10.5 litres per 100km of soft pedal driving.
Off road the car is VERY good for the size of the car but unless you intend to do regular off road driving then get a RAV4.

Purchased in October 2016.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
PeterB
PeterBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Astonishing little car

Purchased at Grays for $13,000.00.

Shannon
Shannon

I love this car

I love this car so much. We have had it 2nd hand for 4 years now and had no problems. We keep it well maintained and it loves us back. Great for off road camping, great around town, still easy to park, and good up the highway. We got a 4cyl 2L and it also tows a trailer very well. The tow bar we had fitted. Not so comfy for really long distance, but most travel is good. I'm short and I find the vision good. No awkward blind spots

Purchased in August 2015 at Private for $9,500.00.

Lindsay F
Lindsay FNorthern Region, NSW

Serious engine problems

At 150,000km the head cracked. Known fault detailed in a US Technical Bulletin (extended warranty in US - not Australia). Repair parts cost $2500. 4,000km later block cracked behind exhaust manifold.

Purchased in July 2010.

Neil7052
Neil7052AU

Good little off-roader or city run-about

BadgeSport
Date PurchasedSept 2016

Lemon
LemonBrisbane

Cracked engine block

Owned 2008 Prestige model for 5 years, @ 190 000 km and engine block cracked. Because of GFC in 2008 the alloy used to cast engine block is substandard and becoming well know to crack. Paid $20 000 for Grand Vitara 4-5 years ago, now being offered $500 from wreaker or $8 000 engine replacement.

BadgePrestige
Date PurchasedSept 2008
Taz
TazKarratha

Econmical car

We use the car for family transport on a daily basis and recently drove 4000kms in 2 weeks. The car drove great with no issues. the only problem we have is a clunking sound that cannot be diagnosed. The boot space is great and fits a pram and shopping in with no issues.

BadgeAuto 4D Wagon V6
Date PurchasedMay 2018
Ian
IanCarterton NZ

Warranty issue.

Power steering started pulsing when steering wheel is turned.Suzuki technician agreed their was a problem. Tried to fix it and couldn't, service manager said nothing they can do. I rang Suzuki NZ and they had another dealer have a look and he said their was a problem. Took it to fix then rang me back that they all do this. I took it to another technician who also confirmed a problem. I have had 2 of this model GV in the past and they didn't have this steering problem. Suzuki NZ don't want to know or help, I think there may be a cover up. Have had a few new Suzuki vehicles over the years but now I will never have another Suzuki.
NZ Suzuki warranty support is very disappointing.

BadgeJLX

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Suzidad
SuzidadMelbourne

GV problems

Engine light on. Replaced two sensors. No change. Suzuki found oil residue over timing chain etc. Replaced chain, vvt unit, tensioner etc. 200km later, bad overheating. Cracked cylinder head. Replaced and now engine light on again. Suzuki blamed our mechanic for the oil sludge! Top quality oil used. Servicing well within suggested limits. Suzuki Aus not interested in covering timing chain costs. Cylinder head cracking appears common for this motor. Recall in the US. Why not on Aus?

Badge12000
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedOct 2010
Small B
Small B

Love it... Great Family Car

Perfect size to drive in the busy roads with the added advantage of good with Fuel.
We drive the car every day to and from work, picking up kids and as our weekend car.
Plenty of space to fit 2 car seats in the back.
2 car seat comfortable fit. Plenty of leg room in the back.
We love the large boots to fit anything...
Low cost maintains and low cost to run...
Great family car