Suzuki Grand Vitara

Suzuki Grand Vitara (2005-2019)

Also referred to as: Suzuki Grand Vitara 2018 and Suzuki Grand Vitara 2020. JB / JT.II (2012-2019) and JB / JT.I (2005-2011)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PeterB

PeterBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Astonishing little car

Purchased at Grays for $13,000.00.

Shannon

Shannon

I love this car

I love this car so much. We have had it 2nd hand for 4 years now and had no problems. We keep it well maintained and it loves us back. Great for off road camping, great around town, still easy to park, and good up the highway. We got a 4cyl 2L and it also tows a trailer very well. The tow bar we had fitted. Not so comfy for really long distance, but most travel is good. I'm short and I find the vision good. No awkward blind spots

Purchased in August 2015 at Private for $9,500.00.

Noise Level
Comfort

Lindsay F

Lindsay FNorthern Region, NSW

Serious engine problems

At 150,000km the head cracked. Known fault detailed in a US Technical Bulletin (extended warranty in US - not Australia). Repair parts cost $2500. 4,000km later block cracked behind exhaust manifold.

Purchased in July 2010.

Features
Comfort
Neil7052

Neil7052AU

Good little off-roader or city run-about

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Lemon

LemonBrisbane

Cracked engine block

Owned 2008 Prestige model for 5 years, @ 190 000 km and engine block cracked. Because of GFC in 2008 the alloy used to cast engine block is substandard and becoming well know to crack. Paid $20 000 for Grand Vitara 4-5 years ago, now being offered $500 from wreaker or $8 000 engine replacement.

Date PurchasedSep 2008

Taz

TazKarratha

Econmical car

We use the car for family transport on a daily basis and recently drove 4000kms in 2 weeks. The car drove great with no issues. the only problem we have is a clunking sound that cannot be diagnosed. The boot space is great and fits a pram and shopping in with no issues.

BadgeAuto 4D Wagon V6
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Ian

IanCarterton NZ

Warranty issue.

Power steering started pulsing when steering wheel is turned.Suzuki technician agreed their was a problem. Tried to fix it and couldn't, service manager said nothing they can do. I rang Suzuki NZ and they had another dealer have a look and he said their was a problem. Took it to fix then rang me back that they all do this. I took it to another technician who also confirmed a problem. I have had 2 of this model GV in the past and they didn't have this steering problem. Suzuki NZ don't want to know or help, I think there may be a cover up. Have had a few new Suzuki vehicles over the years but now I will never have another Suzuki.
NZ Suzuki warranty support is very disappointing.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Eduardo

EduardoVictoria

No competition

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Suzidad

SuzidadMelbourne

GV problems

Engine light on. Replaced two sensors. No change. Suzuki found oil residue over timing chain etc. Replaced chain, vvt unit, tensioner etc. 200km later, bad overheating. Cracked cylinder head. Replaced and now engine light on again. Suzuki blamed our mechanic for the oil sludge! Top quality oil used. Servicing well within suggested limits. Suzuki Aus not interested in covering timing chain costs. Cylinder head cracking appears common for this motor. Recall in the US. Why not on Aus?

Badge12000
Date PurchasedOct 2010
Small B

Small B

Love it... Great Family Car

Perfect size to drive in the busy roads with the added advantage of good with Fuel.
We drive the car every day to and from work, picking up kids and as our weekend car.
Plenty of space to fit 2 car seats in the back.
2 car seat comfortable fit. Plenty of leg room in the back.
We love the large boots to fit anything...
Low cost maintains and low cost to run...
Great family car

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Digger

DiggerCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Perfect Car For my Needs

My Suzuki GV is the prestige model so it has all the fruit, full leather, sunroof, keyless entry and start etc. It's a great looking car, very reliable, easy to get in & out of, easy to park. It's a bit heavy on fuel for a 2.4 litre motor but I love it, so does everyone who drives it. With 140000 klms on the clock, so far it's proved to be super reliable. I use it as a 4x4 and it'll keep up with the big boys....for a lot less. I've towed a small caravan around Australia, easy as. Returned 12.8 l/100 klms overall. It's a great Car.

Date PurchasedMay 2009

Keep away from Suzuki and their incompetent dealer network

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Peter

Petermelbourne

Love it

Ours is a Vitara 2016 turbo plenty of power and easey to drive.
Have not had any trouble with it, service cost are very reasonable
Would recommend it to anyone looking for this size car.
My wife and I love driving it. Suzuki seams to be a company that fly under the radar

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Peterp

PeterpMargate

Engine failure at 130000km

At 130000km the JB 24 Engine failed, my grand daughter had brought the grand vitara 2008 model, 11months ago and has done 15000km, when the engine started to make rattle noise, she stopped the car turned off ignition waited then tried to start the car again, would not start. Towed to repairer told the Engine had a mechanical failure, not worth pulling engine appart, ordered a second hand motor at cost of $8700 installed.
The Trader "Charles Jansen Cars" "Jansen 4 x4" Moorabbin Victoria Australia.
The trader would not have anything to do with the failure and hung up, very bad, where to now I dont know except that it going to cost $8700.

BadgeGrand Vitara 2008
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
John crozier

John crozierBeachmere

A great vehicle

We have owned our Grand Vitara for early two years. It is economical to run. In saying that, it could do with a larger fuel tank as it needs a petrol station visit often due to its small fuel tank size (35L). We have a pop top caravan which it pulls with ease and the weight it can pull is 1700 kg braked. Our van is 1200kg. The air conditioner Ning works very well in really hot weather. There is plenty of leg and headroom and storage locations for travel documents and drink bottles. It is an automatic. The gear lever operating mechanism could have been designed with a bit more smoother operation as it is a bit clunky to move. It comes with an extended warranty of five years with fixed price servicing which is good to have. We like the car.

Badge3 Door Navigator

Date PurchasedSep 2009

Aussie John

Aussie JohnGOSFORD

Our 2-door Vitara 4wd

We purchased a motorhome and after 2 months realised to be totally satisfied we needed to tow a small
vehicle behind for excursions away from caravan parks. The choice for us was a new Suzuki Grand Vitara 2-door. It has turned out to be the ultimate choice, free-wheeling with a Ready-Brute Ultra towing attachment.
This vehicle is our off-road tour vehicle, our shopping vehicle and performs well always. Thoroughly recommend this to all motor homers.

Badge3 Door Navigator

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Sharon

Sharon

2005 Grand Vitara

I truly love driving my Grand Vitara.. so easy to drive & park.. windows are great for view.. everyone that gets in it enjoys their ride & are very impressed with it's comfort as well
Can't think of anything I dislike about my Grand Vitara inside or out
I've had my car for 12 years & no trouble with it at all..still looks great & drives very well
I take care of my care with maintenance/services
I feed my Grand Vitara with good fuel & it certainly is very good on fuel
Fantastic car.. would definitely buy another when I can... it was affordable at the time of purchase.. Garry Crick's were great to deal with..

Badge4 cyl 4wd petrol mpfi sv/sq
Date PurchasedMay 2005

aydin h.

aydin h.asked

My 2012 grand vitara v6 auto just stopped on the highway at 250,000+ kms.
There no milky stuff in the engine or coolant. Im wondering if it could be alternator because its gone thru its 2nd battery in 4 months. Or Ecu??
Problem Any help please.. thanks
Aydin..

Phil M.

Phil M.asked

a v6 2.6 is selling with 250k on the clock is this end of life? - well maintained looks good. 1 lady owner
thanks

Joseph

Josephasked

When should the timing belt be replaced in a 1.9 lt diesel

Get an answer from our members and Suzuki representatives

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Sport Automatic

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Sport Automatic (2011-2019)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 3 Door Navigator Manual

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 3 Door Navigator Manual (2014-2019)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 3 Door Navigator Automatic

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 3 Door Navigator Automatic (2014-2019)

No reviews
Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I (No Badge)
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I (No Badge) (2005-2011)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I JLX
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I JLX (2006-2008)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I JX
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I JX (2006-2008)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Trekker
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Trekker (2006-2008)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Prestige
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Prestige (2006-2011)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Prestige Trekker
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Prestige Trekker (2008)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Adventure
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Adventure (2010)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I 100th Anniversary
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I 100th Anniversary (2009)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I LE
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I LE (2011)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Sport
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Sport (2011)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Urban
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Urban (2010-2011)

No reviews
Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II (No Badge)
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II (No Badge) (2012-2014)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Sport Manual
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Sport Manual (2011-2018)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II LE
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II LE (2012)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Urban Navigator
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Urban Navigator (2012-2014)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Urban
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Urban (2012-2014)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Luxury
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Luxury (2012-2014)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Prestige
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Prestige (2012-2016)

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 5 Door Navigator
  • Discontinued

Suzuki Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 5 Door Navigator (2014-2018)

1 review
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $33,990$28,990$28,990$33,990
TransmissionAutomaticManualAutomaticManualAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy16" Steel17" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy
Doors533555555
Seats544555555
Fuel Consumption9.9 L/100km8.8 L/100km9.6 L/100km8.9 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.9 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 66 L55 L55 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L
Max Power122kW @ 6000rpm122kW @ 6000rpm122kW @ 6000rpm122kW @ 6000rpm122kW @ 6000rpm122kW @ 6000rpm122kW @ 6000rpm122kW @ 6000rpm122kW @ 6000rpm122kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque225Nm @ 3800rpm225Nm @ 3800rpm225Nm @ 3800rpm225Nm @ 3800rpm225Nm @ 4000rpm225Nm @ 3800rpm225Nm @ 3800rpm225Nm @ 3800rpm225Nm @ 3800rpm225Nm @ 3800rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
Safety Features
  • Reversing Camera
  • Reversing Camera
Extra Features
  • USB Port
  • USB Port
Ground Clearance200 mm200 mm200 mm200 mm
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,700 kg1,600 kg1,600 kg1,850 kg1,850 kg1,700 kg1,700 kg1,700 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg550 kg550 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2011Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2005Jan 2006Jan 2006Jan 2006Jan 2006Jan 2008Jan 2010Jan 2009Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2010Jan 2012Jan 2011Jan 2012Jan 2012Jan 2012Jan 2012Jan 2012Jan 2014
Discontinuation dateDec 2011Dec 2008Dec 2008Dec 2008Dec 2011Dec 2008Dec 2010Dec 2009Dec 2011Dec 2011Dec 2011Dec 2014Dec 2018Dec 2012Dec 2014Dec 2014Dec 2014Dec 2016Dec 2018