7Suzuki Grand Vitara

Suzuki Grand Vitara (2005-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Suzuki Grand Vitara 2023 and Suzuki Grand Vitara 2025.
7Suzuki Grand Vitara

Features

Annabel
AnnabelSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 3 Door Navigator Manual

Bought new and broken down regularly

I bought this car new just over 3 years ago and we’ve had many issues, one after another. Luckily it’s still under warrantee but it’s been very frustrating taking it into be fixed all the time.
It’s currently sitting in our garage unable to start. Warning lights flash everywhere when you put the keys in. Speaking with Suzuki, they can’t look at it for weeks. We also have to pay for a tow to get it to the service centre. Even though it’s under warrantee.
The car was clearly bought be faults. Would never buy a Suzuki again. Show details
Think_AheadPerth, WA6 posts
Glendasydney32 posts
  Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 3 Door Navigator

This is my 2nd Grand Vitara and I love it

I had my first Grand Vitara 10 years without any problems what-so-ever. I decided to upgrade to a later model. I have now had my 2018 model for the last 2 years and cannot fault it in any way. If a new one was available (3 door), I would not hesitate to purchase one. Show details
macca morgan
Ricky dee
Ricky deePerth, WA17 posts
  Grand Vitara JB / JT.I Trekker

Kizashi engine fits in Grand Vitara

Re: common GV Cracked j24b block and or cracked head.
Swaped late model, 2012, Kizashi engine into my 2010 Grand vitara.
Used GV intake and exhaust manifolds and GV sump and dipstick. The Grand vitara runs Beautifully again.
Just so everyone knows... Show details
Fisher
FisherMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
Rashid Z.
Rashid Z.
  JB / JT.I

My Suzuki Grand Vitara got on fire automatically

I have a 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara. Driving on 15 Sep 2020, I sow fire over engine. Before I take the fire extinguisher, most parts of the engine were damaged.
 Show details
Yep
Yep2 posts
  Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 3 Door Navigator Automatic

Great little run about but don't put tow bars on them

If towing it will break out the mounting points on the beaver panel, after talking with a mechanic he has seen it a lot with grand Vista's after 100000 klms
2016 jb 3 door has only done 40000 klms very disappointed . No help from Suzuki Australia or Suzuki Queensland Show details
Neil7052
Neil7052AU15 posts
  Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Sport Automatic

Mixed bag

I have 2012 4WD model. First 3 years was OK, but now its got 95,000 km its starting to have issues. The heater blower just broke, I was very lucky to get a used one installed cheap. LCD Dashboard screen display has pixels that have failed so often I can not read the time and the radio station. One rear door is rusting! Poor rustproofing from the factory. Car is easily scratched as the paint is extremely thin as are the panels which can be dented by hand. Fuel consumption is terrible as its a permanent 4wd, I rarely get less that 10.5 litres per 100km of soft pedal driving.
Off road the car is VERY good for the size of the car but unless you intend to do regular off road driving then get a RAV4. Show details
PeterB
PeterBSouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts
  Grand Vitara JB / JT.II 5 Door Navigator
Shannon
Shannon5 posts
  Fair Incentive JB / JT.I

I love this car

I love this car so much. We have had it 2nd hand for 4 years now and had no problems. We keep it well maintained and it loves us back. Great for off road camping, great around town, still easy to park, and good up the highway. We got a 4cyl 2L and it also tows a trailer very well. The tow bar we had fitted. Not so comfy for really long distance, but most travel is good. I'm short and I find the vision good. No awkward blind spots Show details
Braking
Lindsay F
Lindsay FNorthern Region, NSW
  JB / JT.I

Serious engine problems

At 150,000km the head cracked. Known fault detailed in a US Technical Bulletin (extended warranty in US - not Australia). Repair parts cost $2500. 4,000km later block cracked behind exhaust manifold. Show details
Neil7052
Neil7052AU15 posts
  Grand Vitara JB / JT.II Sport Automatic
Lemon
LemonBrisbane2 posts

Cracked engine block

Owned 2008 Prestige model for 5 years, @ 190 000 km and engine block cracked. Because of GFC in 2008 the alloy used to cast engine block is substandard and becoming well know to crack. Paid $20 000 for Grand Vitara 4-5 years ago, now being offered $500 from wreaker or $8 000 engine replacement.

Show details