Suzuki V-Strom 650

• Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling
RodIllawarra, NSW

Never ceases to amaze me

I am on my second 650 V Strom. First was a 2005; sold at 87k no problems and only ever serviced by myself. Present one is 2012, now with 56k. Oil leak fixed under warranty, otherwise perfect.
Main improvements between the two....gauges, gear position indicator, seat, .
So easy and relaxing to ride. Initially struggled on dirt but am pretty confident now.
Done lots of big trips, loaded right up with both bikes.
Michelin Anarkee tyres, 20k plus.
Farkles I recommend.....centre stand, bark busters, filter guard, fork brace. Givi luggage.
Crash bars.

Purchased in February 2014 for $10,000.00.

Geoff HCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best value adventure bike

Purchased in May 2020 for $12,999.00.

SMT
SMTAU

Simple and reliable

As a returning rider I decided to get the Suzuki VStrom 650. It has all the possible extras and is in a good shape. The bike does everything I ask for effortlessly.

Purchased in December 2019.

Performance
Handling

Willberforce
WillberforceHamilton, NZ

Practical Jack of all trades

I bought my 2016 DL650XT ABS 2nd hand May 2019 with 20,000 kms on the clock.
I have added Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tires which are a little noisy on smooth asphalt but great on dirt and gravel roads. They are actually quite good grip on roads too.
The bike goes well and handles better than I ever imagined it would. My longest day riding so far has been 740kms and I had a sore butt at the end of this. I have just completed a 3600kms trip down to Invercargill to the Burt Munro rally and she went like clock work.
I'm getting 22.9 km per litre
I think it might need the throttle bodies synchronized now so will get this looked at shortly.
I have modified the ABS system so I can switch off for gravel roads, works perfectly.

Purchased in May 2019 for $9,000.00.

Almost perfect except...

Purchased in November 2017 at Dss red baron lower hutt for $14,000.00.

Greed gets you in trouble this bike gets you there

Date PurchasedAug 2012
paracin
paracinSydney, NSW

Simply perfect for may needs

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Jason H
Jason HAU

Top Bike love it

Date PurchasedSept 2018
world_traveller
world_travellerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best bike I've ever owned.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Rob
RobNSW, 2620

650 V Strom, 2006 model

Fantastic bike. Maybe not the most eye catching bike around but these are brilliant all rounders. Ugliest bike Ive had, but by the far best after 40 years of bike riding. There are 18 others in the garage, but the Strom is the best. Ive found it to be very reliable, easy to service, parts are cheap and available, and for $265 reg in NSW a year its a bargain commuter.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
richard bullock
richard bullockCAIRNS

A good example of a well thought out product

Purchased a 2017 vstrom 650xt with 1600km on the clock a month ago.Previously i had done a lot of research on mid range motorcycles, and this seemed to be the machine for me.
So far i have travelled 2000km,and it has exceeded my expectations, i am delighted with it.It is very easy and user friendly to ride,i use it for touring,as well as around town commuting,ect.
The controls,instrumentation, even down to the mirrors, are well thought out and practical. The seating,for driver,and pillion, is comfortable, and a good riding position, eliminates fatigue.Power,and handling,are good,it feels very sure footed and predictable, one feels really confident,when riding this bike.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Bobby Downing
Bobby Downing

Solid and (reasonably) dependable

This is my 3rd bike and my first Fuel injected machine. I purchased this bike second hand and for the most part it behaves like a new bike, typical Suzuki strong and reliable.

My only complaint would be the MY2007 (K7) non-ABS model does seem to have a known issue with Throttle Position Sensor wear at around 25000km+ (depending on how the bike is ridden) so if you spend lots of time commuting at city speeds you can expect to have to spend a little money replacing a ~$110 part plus labor.

Otherwise an all round good bike, part Street, part Dirt. all Fun. As you can expect its not Hyabusa on the road nor is it a DRZ in the dirt however with the correct application of tyres and will this bike will take you most anywhere.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
jake
jakeBlacktown

Cant live without my baby

I love this item. and enjoy using it, it has endless amounts of power.
My son also loves riding it with me, he enjoys the back, while I like to ride up front
it's a great investment and well worth purchasing.
Thanks Suzuki for the great item and a wonderful ride.

Date PurchasedJune 2005
Chad
Chadsydney

Good all Round Bike

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Ken
KenNewcastle

great bike

purchased for dual rides, Wife enjoys being on the back, more comfortable than the old bmw k1100 lt (had poor seat)
Tyre's a bit dear as they are not a common size, (500-600). Going to risk some Shinko e 705 for 350.
Bike is tall and on the heavier side. Had an issues with lights wiring.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Peter E.asked

hi wonder if some one can help me .i have a dl650v strom 2007 when driving along the speedo and rpm gauge will just turn them self of and the red center light will come on the clock will reset it self to 0000 the speedo and the rpm gauge will turn to the right just like when you turn the ignition key on . it only useto do it now and then but in the last 3 days it will do it every 20 seconds and then it wont do it for a hour or so . any suggestions ? thanks peter

Rod

Wow....I don’t know. Best thing I can suggest is go to the Stromtroopers site and see if they can help.

hayley
hayleyasked

can you tell me if the v strom DL650A 2009 lams approved

Peteasked

Can you derestrick a 2013 Suzuki 650 v storm

Geoff H

I have no idea, both my earlier VStrom (generation 2) and my current VStrom (generation 3) were full power versions not LAMS versions with restricted power.

Pete

Thanks Geoff for your reply.

Rod

The law probably makes it difficult on purpose.
I reckon the dealer would be the one to ask

CategoryEnduro Bikes and Sport Touring Bikes