Suzuki V-Strom 650

Suzuki V-Strom 650

See the Best Enduro Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Almost perfect except...

Purchased in November 2017 at Dss red baron lower hutt for $14,000.00.

Noise Level
Fuel Efficiency
Gear Shifting
Handling
Suspension

Greed gets you in trouble this bike gets you there

Date PurchasedAug 2012

paracinSydney, NSW

Simply perfect for may needs

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Top Bike love it

Date PurchasedSep 2018

aussie-rider

aussie-riderSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best bike I've ever owned.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Rob

RobNSW, 2620

650 V Strom, 2006 model

Fantastic bike. Maybe not the most eye catching bike around but these are brilliant all rounders. Ugliest bike Ive had, but by the far best after 40 years of bike riding. There are 18 others in the garage, but the Strom is the best. Ive found it to be very reliable, easy to service, parts are cheap and available, and for $265 reg in NSW a year its a bargain commuter.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

richard bullock

richard bullockCAIRNS

A good example of a well thought out product

Purchased a 2017 vstrom 650xt with 1600km on the clock a month ago.Previously i had done a lot of research on mid range motorcycles, and this seemed to be the machine for me.
So far i have travelled 2000km,and it has exceeded my expectations, i am delighted with it.It is very easy and user friendly to ride,i use it for touring,as well as around town commuting,ect.
The controls,instrumentation, even down to the mirrors, are well thought out and practical. The seating,for driver,and pillion, is comfortable, and a good riding position, eliminates fatigue.Power,and handling,are good,it feels very sure footed and predictable, one feels really confident,when riding this bike.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Bobby Downing

Bobby Downing

Solid and (reasonably) dependable

This is my 3rd bike and my first Fuel injected machine. I purchased this bike second hand and for the most part it behaves like a new bike, typical Suzuki strong and reliable.

My only complaint would be the MY2007 (K7) non-ABS model does seem to have a known issue with Throttle Position Sensor wear at around 25000km+ (depending on how the bike is ridden) so if you spend lots of time commuting at city speeds you can expect to have to spend a little money replacing a ~$110 part plus labor.

Otherwise an all round good bike, part Street, part Dirt. all Fun. As you can expect its not Hyabusa on the road nor is it a DRZ in the dirt however with the correct application of tyres and will this bike will take you most anywhere.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
jake

jakeBlacktown

Cant live without my baby

I love this item. and enjoy using it, it has endless amounts of power.
My son also loves riding it with me, he enjoys the back, while I like to ride up front
it's a great investment and well worth purchasing.
Thanks Suzuki for the great item and a wonderful ride.

Date PurchasedJun 2005
Chad

Chadsydney

Good all Round Bike

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ken

KenNewcastle

great bike

purchased for dual rides, Wife enjoys being on the back, more comfortable than the old bmw k1100 lt (had poor seat)
Tyre's a bit dear as they are not a common size, (500-600). Going to risk some Shinko e 705 for 350.
Bike is tall and on the heavier side. Had an issues with lights wiring.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Bevo

BevoWangi Wangi

What a great bike

Date PurchasedApr 2007

Jacob C.

Jacob C.West Footscray, VIC

Rode it across Australia - no worries!

Had the bike for over a year now. Managed to do over 30000km in that time. It's super reliable and super simple so when things do need fixing it's generally quite easy. The bike has plenty of power to ride 2-up in any situation and also has plenty of space to strap on weeks worth of luggage. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Helgo

HelgoBusselton WA

Pretty good,reliable,economical to run,all rounder.

Date PurchasedFeb 2008
tdphillips

tdphillipsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Impressive bike

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Gotta love it !

Just picked up my 2016 vstrom 650 XT and am very , very impressed. Did a lot of research before purchasing and the bike has lived up to every accolade it has received in numerous reviews I had read . Power , comfort , features , fuel economy... the list goes on . I have no doubt I have found the perfect all rounder and at a price that is hard to beat or match compared to other makes and models on the market . I now know why Suzuki have sold a squillion of these around the globe !

Date PurchasedApr 2017

The best bike EVER!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2009

Steve

SteveSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Ride & Bang For Your Buck

Was looking around for a medium sized bike that was capable of touring plus good around town.
Test rode a BMW F800GS and must say was very disappointed with it's performance on the tar.
Decided to take a look at the V Strom 650 - now I can see why they have such great reviews!
Comfortable, fun to ride, smooth acceleration & the 650 V Twin is a punchie little motor.
Haven't done any big trips yet but It seems like it would gobble up the K's no worries.
And the price... 4k cheaper than the BMW and in my opinion a much nicer bike to ride.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Topcat

Topcat

Great fun for little money

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Mark T

Plain Jane with a great personality.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Mark T

Recently upgrade to the 2012 ABS model of Vstrom 650. Even better, smoother and fun to ride.

Alan M.asked

What is the ABS system like on dirt roads and steep inclines. Thanks Al.

Nick
Nick

Not bad on dirt roads, its not intrusive and you don't really notice the ABS. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for steep inclines when going downhill on gravel. I have had a couple of scares on gravel which has caused me to lose confidence when descending and I tend to be a bit more cautious these days - probably a good thing. The bike is a 2017 XT version fitted with Shinko 805's which are great for gravel though can be slippery in wet and smooth conditions. .. Nick

Alan M.

Thanks for that Nick, I am using Heidenau Scouts on my F650 GS which are brilliant on both surfaces. I need to upgrade my bike but don't like the idea of ABS on our mountain dirt roads. Someone has suggested, tongue in cheek, that I would only need to remove the ABS fuse. Food for thought. cheers Al.

Jack casked

I am looking at getting a brand Strom 650xt just need to know can I cruise at 110ks 2 up for long distances I wheigh 90kgs and my girlfriend is around 55kgs

Jason H

Yes very much so I have the lams bike and can do 160 km on the track.
The other thing is they go round corners very well.

paracin

I am 54 years old and prefer comfort. The bike is fantastic for one up, I do 900-1200km a day, no problem. It could do two up but you'd probably get sick of noise and vibrations. Get a 1000 V-Strom. Get some cruise control device as well.

Peter o.

Peter o.asked

What the best fitting panniers for a 650 Strom???

paracin

Depending on the budget and application.
If you can afford it, for road touring, Givi Trekker Outback set is fantastic (top box, side cases, bike-specific mounting frame). For off-road, the same top box will do, but I'd go for soft panniers (eg Gearsack) on the side that will survive falls much better than the rigid ones.
For lower budget, I can recommend the largest RJays top box which fits the helmet, wet weather gear, spare parts, food etc. Combined with soft panniers as they are cheaper.

Jason H

I used the Givi Monokey Cases which are the hard ones and yes they full apart when you hit some thing hard. One of them is now held together with hinges from Bunnings. Being able to lock them was important for me. But can see why soft ones may be a better way to go.

Get an answer from our members and Suzuki representatives