Target Chrome Pedestal Fan TARCPF50

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Noisy doesn't come close.

This is a smart looking fan that should be tagged with Industrial or only for use in large spaces - it does blow a gale, a loud gale. I was stunned at the noise it made - read jet engine in your home. It is def not suitable for a unit. I took it back the next day. If you like to watch TV or god forbid sleep with the fan on you can forget about it. Horrid.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Noisy but perfect on a sunny day !

The fan is quite powerful and provides really good output. It is perfect during sunny days where temperature sores beyond 30 degrees. But the noise can be a bit of disturbing for the people who like it quite during nights.
Apart from the noise, the fan is perfect and affordable as well. The aluminium frames give it a sturdy built and help generate powerful output.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Strong wind , but head stopped moving

The fan is a good fan with strong blowing winds. I bought 2 for the kids rooms. Unfortunately the head stopped moving from side to side so it wasn't great for air movement. I did return it to target and was given a full refund, and just now the second fan did exactly the same thing will also be returning it . It's a shame because it's a good fan.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Strong wind and sturdy built

Bought it for this summer and was not disappointed at all! I didn't want any cheapo below $20 plastic fan from bad experiences, so I chose one which was metal all round. The built was very sturdy and setting it up was a breeze as all you need was a screw driver.

I'm literally blown away by how strong the wind was compared to my existing Moretti fan which was 10cm longer for its blades length. I only needed to set the lowest setting (only 3 available) to achieve the strongest wind setting than I got from my bigger Moretti fan. Impressive!

Loved the retro design where the switch was at the back instead of the front and that everything looked chrome for this fan.

Only negatives were it was slightly heavy for its size (possibly due to its all metal chrome finishing) and that you need to loosen and tighten a big screw knob by hand to adjust the angle for tilting the head. But once set up, I hardly ever change the angle simply due to its strong strong wind from this little impressive fan.

With the strong wind it's only natural that the noise is higher. But it didn't bother my family who prefer stronger breeze than a quiet one without power. But it's nowhere as noisy as the ridiculously priced Dyson bladeless fans.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Very noisy!

I bought a Target 40cm Pedastal Fan
They promoted it as Chrome Retro
It's an attractive fan, and yes, very much retro, down to the 3 speed black click knob and black cord
It throws out good cooling which is most important!!
However, I was shocked by the noise
It's way too loud, and whilst I can put up with it my bedroom at night, a lot of people couldn't
So if you're a light sleeper, I would give it a miss
Okay in other areas of the house of you're not bothered by noise.