Tasplan

See the Best Industry Funds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

So helpful

I was called by Tasplan to advise me of options and the staff were really helpful and really listened to me and understood my needs. Highly recommend very satisfied with Tasplan

Insurance Options
Income Protection

Tasplan review

Unfortunately I was giving no choice to join Tasplan and at times I feel they don't really care about their clients. I can also give examples of how the senior management have treated some of their staff. First hand experience here hardly feels one with confidence. I mean, if they don't look after their own employee's why do you think they'll look after you?

Yes, Tasplan's fees are up there but they wouldn't be the highest around. And move out of the major metropolitan areas and the client service, well the word service is debatable.

A nightmare for employers to deal with!

Tasplan have inefficient systems which create mountains of work for employers when paying their employee's superannuation. Instead of fixing their internal problems, they expect employers to manually send them super payment information every month. Or push employers into using their clearing house. I would never recommend Tasplan as an Employer's Choice Super Fund, it's too much work trying to get your employee's super paid correctly. I can only imagine how difficult it is for a Tasplan super member to deal with them when accessing their own super money!

Don't trust them!

14 months to make a decision regarding a life insurance payout and then make the wrong one! Given to a woman who has lived with a man for 5 months and her 17 year old son. Something that should have been invested in the names of the deceased teenage children. A poor decision! Shame on you Tasplan!!!

Fantastic service and great performance

Tasplan are fantastic - always helpful and the performance has been great.

Comments on here regarding fees are inaccurate as they are some of the lowest around. I suspect the cost of life insurance is what is eating into small accounts, but for most people that is a necessary evil I guess.

The worst

Fees. Fees. Fees. Just terrible in comparison to almost every other fund I looked at. Well worth doing your homework and going somewhere else.

Losing money every year

I used to have over $1000 in Super but they are charging so much that the fees come to more than the investment profit. 6 years later I have around $400 left and dropping.

Absolutely horrible

For the last twelve months I have been trying to change my name for a tasplan fund that I have not paid into for ten years so I can roll it into my main superannuation fund. I have had to send the documents three times as the first two times they "weren't received". Now, despite me providing what they asked for, they are asking for more documents (despite when the account was set up, no identification was required).

Unnecessarily difficult and absolutely painful process. It seems as though they are hoping I give up so their fees can eat up my very minimal superannuation balance. Avoid Tasplan like the plague!

Balance halved by fees

Took me 3 months to be enrolled with Tasplan because my employer wasn't on their list, even though my (interstate) employer required I join them. 1 July 2013 balance $642.79, 30 June Balance $388.88, the rest has been taken in fees. They are also charging me through the nose and making me jump hoops to transfer to another fund. Worst. Super. Ever. Someone's getting rich, and it isn't the policy holders.

Tasplan!

I was discovered that tasplan admin fee is just unbelievably high. The admin fee was almost 32% of your total balance, just unbelievable.

Tasplan - 19th century super fund

I was forced to join Tasplan by an employer before the days of Super Choice.
I have stayed with them as I thought their performance was OK and they had reasonably priced insurance for income, life etc.
Recently I have split with my partner of 20 years where I had changed my surname legally through 'Common Law Marriage'. I have now changed my name back to my maiden name, legally with the tax department, rego & licencing, medicare etc.
I have been trying to change my name with Tasplan since May 2012. For the first 6 months they ignored me and to date I have no result despite providing photographic evidence of both names belonging to me, statutory declarations and many forms of identification. They are now demanding some documentation from the tax department with both names which I can't get.
I will now try to transfer my funds out of Tasplan to another fund which I have changed to my maiden name and then transfer those funds to a new fund which performs adequately.
Needless to say, I have not taken advantage of Tasplan's insurance despite their assertion that claiming wouldn't bean issue if I have a different name than on the policy. hahaha lol! Imagine trying to claim from them in my married name when it isn't my current name!
Reasonably priced insurance
No communication skills. No interest in solving member issues. Antiquated practices.

Tasplan fees leave no balance

Was joined up to Tasplan superannuation through my employer. Unfortunately either they or my employer entered surname incorrectly into the Tasplan system. When I contacted Tasplan they wanted me to do an affidavit even though they had been sending me statements to what obviously was my address. At the end of the day, their fees will reduce your balance to zero.

Fees leave no Tasplan superannuation balance.