Taubmans Tradex

• Longevity
  • Ease of Application
NigelH

NigelHSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great value. I'll buy this Tradex from now on.

As a full-time Handyman/renovator, I have always used Taubmans more expensive paints (in the fancy looking metal tins), but gave the Tradex variant a try today.
I found that it is just as good, for a much better price.
It was easy to apply, and hardly had any odor (low VOC).

I have yet to try the Tradex wall paint, but will be trialing it in the next few days.
From now on, I'll be using the Tradex variant, unless the customer requests a specific brand.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$128.00.

Painted SurfacePreviously painted
Ease of Application
Taubmans
Team MemberTaubmans

Nelsauro

Simple to use and great even coverage

Tradex ceiling paint is great for hiding blemishes and uneven surfaces on ceiling. I always get it tinted with lexicon white to make it a slightly darker tint for better coverage and to hide the joint lines. The paint dries evenly and only needs two coats for a flat Matt finish. Third Reno project and the results speak for itself. Excellent product.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Trav G

Trav GMelbourne

I'd definitely recommend it and use it again.

Taubmans Tradex Professional Ceiling Flat White 15L.
I've used this product in the past and have just used it again for our new house with the same great result.
I applied the first coat in one direction and the second coat perpendicular to the first. It covered all the lines, putty and marks by the second coat.
I was using the 270mm Monarch Razorback rollers with 12mm nap and found that the paint stuck so well I barely needed the drop cloths and the finish was seamless.
I'd definitely recommend it and use it again.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Taubmans Tradex compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Phil

PhilSoutheast, SA

value, good finish

I use this paint in one coat wonders and three coat jobs, good spread, does not show roller lines, I always get good finish. I do like appling it on the thick side the first coat or one coat wonders, as it bit more hard wearing that way. Low odour. Hardly splatters. Washes out rollers and brushes easily.

eek

eekBrisbane, QLD

Good paint even better price!

Happy customer 29 years

Happy customer 29 years Sydney, NSW

Roller marks

Found the coverage OK but realized after painting one room that it finished off better if you painted one way in the room for the first coat, then cross ways the room for the second. When light hits the room in the morning you can see roller marks in the first room. The second there is not a problem. Went on well with no drips to worry about. A good result overall.
Bright white colour looks very fresh and clean, staying that way for several years now. The cost was compariable with other leading ceiling paints. Easy to clean brushes.
Application issues, but once sorted went on like a dream.