Tefal Snack Collection Multi-function Sandwich Press SW852D61

Tefal Snack Collection Multi-function Sandwich Press SW852D61

See the Best Sandwich Makers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hayley D.

Hayley D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Loved it until it caught on fire

Simple. Read above.
I loved this machine.
Until it caught on fire.
Liquid dripped to heating element underneath.
That was the end of machine
I kept the plates but I want the machine again.
Just one that doesn't catch on fire.
The end.

Purchased in December 2016 at Myer Retail Stores for $120.00.

Michele

MichelePerth

Great multi-purpose appliance

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Granny May

Granny MayScullin 2614, ACT

Poor product management and supply.

Before I took to buying a Tefal Snack Collection Multi-function Sandwich Press SW852D61 I read a few reports on the item. I was not impressed to say the least as it appears that Tefal will not import the different plates for this machine. One retailer I know gives two plates with that machine, waffle and flat plate. To buy added plates from overseas is expensive in postage. Also depending on our dollar it could also be a more expensive item. Looks like my love affair with Tefal is at an end. Like another seeker of goods I too found Tefal doesn't import attachments. So if you want a Tefal waffle maker. Find out what extra plates you might like.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

jpcnttiVictoria, 3770

It’s an excellent appliance

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Good for space

I’ve had this for a while now.

I love not needing a lot of different appliances.

However, finding all the plates in stores is a challenge and they are expensive.

And cleaning the actual machine when waffle mix spilled has been a struggle, lots of little cracks the mix disappeared into.

The Jaffa plates also aren’t very deep, disappointing as you can’t fill them too well or cheese gets into all those little cracks the waffle mix got into.

Once you get the hang of it it’s gear. I just hope to finish collecting all the plates this year.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

TTZ

TTZSouth Australia

Replaces the Need for Ten Machines

Date PurchasedNov 2016

audible

audiblePerth, WA

Excellent once you get the hang of it.

What a brilliant idea. Removable plates. So easy to clean up, just remove the plates and soak unlike other snack makers with fixed plates which are a pain to clean.

The included sandwich plates are the downside. The filling spills out and overflows and you have to clean the machine afterwards as well as the plates. Your better off making toasted sandwiches on a different type of machine, one with flat plates. Much easier to clean up afterwards.
The other plates are much better. You just have to watch how much you add so they don't overflow. We bought an extra 3 plates and they all work very well.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Tamara E.

Tamara E.

Love the machine

Date PurchasedMar 2017
unhappy

unhappy

Horrible machine

We've had this machine for just over 2 weeks. Takes forever to heat up, sandwich plates are alot smaller than a standard slice of bread, cooks unevenly, sandwich plates are really shallow and so cheese goes EVERYWHERE, including into parts of the unit that are impossible to clean. Dont waste your money on this gimmicky machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

TeaTreePink

TeaTreePink

Good machine that we enjoy using.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

vyonne57

vyonne57PERTH

Best waffle maker I’ve used

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Sarahdavis79

Sarahdavis79Sydney

Such a great concept

We have used this often. It is absolutely impossible to clean - cheese comes out every time as the plates are very shallow and we use good bread and wraps and i cannot get the machine clean in the hinges and under non-stick plates - makes amazing waffles and so quick. Needs a timer.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

BeaJay

BeaJayAU

Good points and bad points

Date PurchasedOct 2016
bmorey

bmoreyVic, 3140

Impossible to clean

I've had the Tefal for a two years. I don't like it and it's going to be replaced. The sandwich plates are shallow so anything thicker than a slice of cheese is hard to fit in. It cooks sandwiches OK but is impossible to clean properly. If any cheese or other filling leaks from a sandwich (which is inevitable) it collects behind the bottom plate where it contacts the element and burns on. It also leaks into the hinge area where it is near impossible to get out. Anything you missed (and you will miss plenty) then leaks in your cupboard when you put it away. Yesterday was the last straw. The smoke from overheated and burnt-on previous sandwich fillings mean I had to use the fan.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Yasin

YasinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Takes to long to heat up

If this products main purpose is for helping make breakfast than I would be late to work every single day because it takes to long to heat up. I love the idea of the product with the interchangeable plates (although only 2 are available upon purchase) its compact size and price is average but I cannot wait 10-15 minutes every morning so the grill is hot enough so I can have a toast.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great concept - design needs work.

Loved the idea of this & have purchased all of the plates that I would use (can see potential for yet more). Only prob, as per another reviewer, is that the batter seaps down into the element area & in my case, I make a recipe with a lot of oil in it but then it takes 2 days for the oil to drain out - first from the feet & then I have to lay it up on its back so that it can empty out of the back somewhere - it's only a matter of time before it fails as a result &, naturally, it will be out of warranty. The design needs to be amended to allow the use of the existing plates but with some kind of barrier to stop leakage into the element area. Otherwise, this would be an absolutely awesome product.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

vrinda.rajkumar

vrinda.rajkumarKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I can't believe there isn't more buzz

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Rachel

Rachel

Didn't live up to expectations

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Tefal
Tefal A.Tefal

Hi Rachel,
Thank you for your review of the Tefal Snack Collection. We appreciate your feedback and this will be passed onto our Development Team for future improvements that can be made.
Tefal - Australia

DockersMad72

DockersMad72Perth

We love it so very happy with the purchase

We weren't sure about buying this as we already had a sandwich press, however we were very surprised with the ingenuity of the concept of the removable plates and the different types of uses like waffles, sandwiches doughnuts. It works really well. It has the regular red light for warming up and green light when heated to the correct temperature. They have something like about 15 different plate designs that can be used as they are interchangeable. We have the waffle, doughnut, sandwich, and bagel plates. They all really worked well with good results.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Tefal
Tefal A.Tefal

Jackie S.

Jackie S.asked

Hi Tefal, I just purchased the snack collection, I have been trying to make donuts yet the bottom keeps burning before the top can and you can not flip them over as the top is still moist, how to master the perfect donut??

Nali

Naliasked

I bought the appliance last week. I like it. I want know, Do the both sandwich plates ( up &down plates) have knob kind of thing on aluminium sides? The top waffel plate dose not have like that.
THANKS

joJM

joJMasked

Hello Tefal, I love my Snack Collection, however having an important Question.
2nd use, my first Waffle Plate- plastic was smelling much more and while cooking waffles - which came out perfectly!!- the steam(water) from cooking stayed on the frame where the plate locks are And on the connector- the middle. So I guess the small splash of water(?) dripping at the back is OK?? also, when the water collected that was when I started hearing this popping noise. And not once but more often, like the end of making a popcorn.
Is it still safe to use Again? Steam wasn't released evenly in my opinion either, more to the right side and only a little bit from the left while the waffles cooked even in size. Unit stood in an open space so plenty of air circulation.
The unit lookes okay, no visual issues, heaters very bright orange.
Can you please, help me figure it out? I am so scared too much popping would cause fire due to the water after steam. Thank you

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

CategorySandwich Makers