Tefal Snack Collection Multi-function Sandwich Press SW852D61

Tefal Snack Collection Multi-function Sandwich Press SW852D61

HhA
HhAMelbourne

The customer service of tefal is the worst

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $175.00.

Anthea
AntheaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love the different pieces

Quick to heat up and I love the different choices of plates available for purchase. Easy to pop out the plates which can be put in dishwasher. Just need to make sure you don’t overfill the machine as I think it would leak into element.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for $79.00.

Michael C
Michael CSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great little machine

Great little machine. Not all interchangeable plates are available in Australia but the waffle and sandwich ones that we got with the machine were the main ones we were after. We have been careful to not overfill the plates so there’s no spillage onto the element underneath. The waffles were delicious!

Purchased in December 2020 at Amazon for $99.00.

Sandwich Presses

Find out how Tefal Snack Collection Multi-function Sandwich Press SW852D61 compares to other Sandwich Presses

Hayley D.
Hayley D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Loved it until it caught on fire

Simple. Read above.
I loved this machine.
Until it caught on fire.
Liquid dripped to heating element underneath.
That was the end of machine
I kept the plates but I want the machine again.
Just one that doesn't catch on fire.
The end.

Purchased in December 2016 at Myer Retail Stores for $120.00.

Michele
MichelePerth

Great multi-purpose appliance

Date PurchasedNov 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Granny May
Granny MayScullin 2614, ACT

Poor product management and supply.

Before I took to buying a Tefal Snack Collection Multi-function Sandwich Press SW852D61 I read a few reports on the item. I was not impressed to say the least as it appears that Tefal will not import the different plates for this machine. One retailer I know gives two plates with that machine, waffle and flat plate. To buy added plates from overseas is expensive in postage. Also depending on our dollar it could also be a more expensive item. Looks like my love affair with Tefal is at an end. Like another seeker of goods I too found Tefal doesn't import attachments. So if you want a Tefal waffle maker. Find out what extra plates you might like.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

jpcnttiVictoria, 3770

It’s an excellent appliance

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Good for space

I’ve had this for a while now.

I love not needing a lot of different appliances.

However, finding all the plates in stores is a challenge and they are expensive.

And cleaning the actual machine when waffle mix spilled has been a struggle, lots of little cracks the mix disappeared into.

The Jaffa plates also aren’t very deep, disappointing as you can’t fill them too well or cheese gets into all those little cracks the waffle mix got into.

Once you get the hang of it it’s gear. I just hope to finish collecting all the plates this year.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

TTZ
TTZSouth Australia

Replaces the Need for Ten Machines

Date PurchasedNov 2016
audible
audiblePerth, WA

Excellent once you get the hang of it.

What a brilliant idea. Removable plates. So easy to clean up, just remove the plates and soak unlike other snack makers with fixed plates which are a pain to clean.

The included sandwich plates are the downside. The filling spills out and overflows and you have to clean the machine afterwards as well as the plates. Your better off making toasted sandwiches on a different type of machine, one with flat plates. Much easier to clean up afterwards.
The other plates are much better. You just have to watch how much you add so they don't overflow. We bought an extra 3 plates and they all work very well.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Tamara E.
Tamara E.

Love the machine

Date PurchasedMar 2017
unhappy
unhappy

Horrible machine

We've had this machine for just over 2 weeks. Takes forever to heat up, sandwich plates are alot smaller than a standard slice of bread, cooks unevenly, sandwich plates are really shallow and so cheese goes EVERYWHERE, including into parts of the unit that are impossible to clean. Dont waste your money on this gimmicky machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
TeaTreePink
TeaTreePink

Good machine that we enjoy using.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
vyonne
vyonnePERTH

Best waffle maker I’ve used

Date PurchasedMay 2017

kjm
kjmasked

Hi,

We bought the Tefal Snack Collection back in early May 2020 along with a few other Tefal items.

We have not been able to use our rice cooker as yet, as the Teflon bowl we received had parts packed inside it therefore the bowl was supplied scratched. We have been waiting 3 months for the replacement bowl and have been told to be patient due to coronavirus delays from China... not a good start.

So, we finally tried out the Snack Collection for a toasted sandwich/jaffle. The plates are so shallow that we would have been better off using our old reliable Breville sandwich press. The filling spews out and collects under the removable plate where the heating element is housed which makes it extremely hard to clean. We have used it twice now and both times it smoked like crazy with a foul plastic smell. We have videos if Tefal wants to see them. Also, the cooking was uneven, cooked on one side but not on the other.

Would never recommend this product and considering we are still waiting for another Tefal item to be replaced after 3 months, I don’t think I’d recommend Tefal as a reputable company in general.

Access Engineering -.
Access Engineering -.asked

What is the wattage of this unit?

Anders S.
Anders S.

700W

Erica E.asked

Can I buy the waffle plates

Erica E.

Found an answer, thank you

See all Tefal Snack Collection Multi-function Sandwich Press SW852D61 questions

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

CategorySandwich Presses