That Handyman

That Handyman

Do Not Trust

We have also had terrible trouble with les Rose and ended up at VCAT. He became quite threatening and constantly demanded more and more money for a very shoddy job of repainting our house. Told us it had two coats but it clearly had one and was not sanded back before paint was applied. We had to have the house repainted by another company. Do not trust this man he caused us a great deal of stress.

Not to be trusted

Almost a year on, and with the job done by another contractor, I am still trying to get our deposit of $2,500 plus court costs, which were awarded in our favour by VCAT. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Jasejason.sexton@hotmail.co.nz

Incomplete work. Use at own risk.

We started with great communication, timely service and competitive pricing. We were happy with the works as we paid installments. Then we paid a final amount for the last of the job, as we had no reason to reconsider this. Should have.

Works have remained unfinished despite being told almost every day "we'll be there tomorrow". Two months later and I'm now starting recovery action. I've had to chase That Handyman since the final payment. He has became abusive and threatening towards us even though he has been paid in full, not completed the job and will not provide any indication of completion.

Use at your own risk. We are disappointed as he started off very well. It is unfortunate but we cannot warn you enough about That Handyman.

Jase

VCAT and Enforcement orders, and the operator is doing their best to dodge their legal obligations. Cannot advise enough to avoid this contractor!

HBEasked

Is that handyman a registered company?
    Does it have an ABN?
    Is it registered for GST?

Jase

They have an ABN, several registered to the owner actually. I do not believe they are GST registered, or if they are, they still do cash jobs and pay their subbies cash too (when they actually pay).

Do not use this business.

Jase

You will find their ABN under 'merdeck' which is registered for the ABN in NSW. Not registered for GST.

HBE

I can find NO registration for That Handyman which is the entity we are dealing with. Is that legal Jase? Thanks H

Leeasked

Well I have been bitten to and his contractors are calling me for payment. Trying to charge 35000
    One contractor has walked off, job incomplete.
    Obviously not scared of VCAT, so what does one do?.

Finn
    Finn

Hi Lee, so sorry that Les has again caused problems for someone.....I just don't understand why he can't be stopped. He may not be scared of VCAT and he took us there, but we won against him because we were organised and kept copies of invoices etc. The contractor is his responsibility.......I'm surprised anyone would work for him anymore due to his poor reputation and non payment history. I would go to VCAT we were scared but the process is quite supportive. he has a long history with them.

Lee

is VCAT free, or are there charges attached to the service, would it be better if he took me to VCAT. As I have the invoice etc, I have only paid 12 975 and have offered to pay another 8, which is reasonable I feel and yes he is getting abusive and constantly calling me, afraid to listen to the voice messages left.
    Am going to start with the DBDRV which is free.

Tracey

Oh dear, that's dreadful. There is a small filing fee with VCAT, but if you have all your paperwork in order, and the judgement is in your favour, HE has to pay for it. However...Finn, I did the whole VCAT thing, the judgement in our favour, but we couldn't get any money out of him because when the sheriff went to his address it was an accounting firm, and his home address had nothing they could take.

Norm B.asked

Does Leslie Graham Rose (also known as Leslie Graham Allen) have a Melbourne address??
    His ABN is at Moama - which seems unlikely

Tracey

Oh dear, I’m sorry to hear of another person who’s been ‘done’ by Les Rose. His alias of Leslie Graham Rose is a new one to me. You’re right, he doesn’t live in Moama! He trades (if it can be called that) under Merdeck Timber ABN 5488 106 3107. We have an order from VCAT to refund our deposit of $2,500 but when the sheriff went to his address (I believe it’s in Port Melbourne) they were unable to seize any goods... he has this little operation of his very well covered. Should you wish to contact me further, please feel free to do so at tracey@longdog.com.au.

Jase

Hi Norm, same boat as Tracey. Sheriffs were unable to recover any items from his address due to the way he claims the ownership or lack thereof. Debt collector gets hung up on and receives no co-operation. I have a Boradmeadows address for Les from the enforcment attempt. If you want further info send us a message via this site. Maybe a small collective of us have a better chance?!

Norm B.

Well it makes it easy to serve notices. No address, makes for a tedious process at VCAT.

On his ABN 5488 106 3107, under the Historical tag, he changed his name from Leslie Graham Allen

Merdeck is a Business Name he holds personally, but there is no address detail available under that.