4.3 from 1,341 reviews

1,053

Highly recommend for any maintenance around your house.

I have had Ian Daniels from Hire A Hubby out a few times now to do jobs around my house.
I would highly recommend him. He is punctual and attention to detail when working is great, he even cleans up after himself. Julie-Anne

Maree

MareeNgunnawal 2913, ACT

Great professional service

I am recently widowed and have next to no DIY skills. I called James Chesworth when I had a problem with my shower, he was there on time the next day with the correct fittings to repair it, then just recently my front security door was damaged, he was there on time the following morning and did a great job or repairing it. Couldn't be more satisfied with the service.

Grandma

GrandmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Skilled and Professional

Sally H-L.

Sally H-L.McKellar 2617, ACT

Excellence and courtesy

I employed Gary Keo of Flynn, a qualified carpenter, to look at some bedroom drawers. He fixed them in no time.

The following day he returned to repair some groating in the kitchen and bathroom, which he again did efficiently.

He also mentioned that my front door was sticking and was able to repair that and oil the lock. He did not charge me for this service and in fact, reduced the price of this second day's work from its original quote.

He was pleasant, profession and a very nice person to have in my home.

I intend to recommend him highly to my friends and I will certainly be calling him again for further tasks.

Sally H-L.

Enn

EnnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Babak was excellent and very informative. This is my first home, so I didn't know a lot about mounting shelves or any other DIY work. Babak explained what he was doing as well as letting me know what is and isn't possible with my building type.

I can't recommend him enough!

Gavin Mcquire

Gavin McquireHunter Region, NSW

No Clue

My ex wife enlisted Hire a Hubby to re coat her Merbau deck.
Although charging top tradesmans rates he has used a stain oil on top of aquadeck. Effectively now ruined and possibly costing twice the price to try to remove via sanding and recoating.
Unfortunately she is now confused and asking me who can she get to complete such a task that wont ruin it. A painter?
I suggested that anyone should be able to paint a deck as long as they check what was used previously.

Poor Service

NORTH LAKES HAH I rang and booked a quote and was told it would be the next day "late". This was not particularly convenient but I agreed anyway. That was 2 days ago and I am still waiting. No message..No e-mail..No phone call
This would have to be the RUDEST service no respect for your customers
I would never recommend this business to anyone - go somewhere else and save your money

Rochelle

RochelleBelconnen 2615, ACT

Hire a Hubby Flynn

Excellent service from Gary for work to our laundry.
He was efficient, friendly, good service and was able to do the work at short notice. We will use again. Highly recommend.

Hire H.Hire A Hubby

A high followed by BIG lows

Paintings hung beautifully and professionally and payment made on the day. However, despite providing evidence I was pursued for payment for 2 years - very disappointing and won't use them again!

Heidi

HeidiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Hire a Hubby Goulburn

Hire a Hubby Goulburn . Jobs well done . Very professional , on time , Would not hesitate to get these guys again... Thank you so much to Bryan and team. One very Happy customer ..

Hire a hubby Goulburn

Hire a Hubby Goulburn overhauled my front yard cut back roses, mowed front lawn, did the edges and took rubbish away they did an awesome job thanks to the team

hlih

hlih

Love the results!

Really appreciated and enjoyed working with Ian on my gardening job. Ian was prompt and reliable at all stages of the process from quote, updates through to the job completion. The results are really lovely. I'm looking forward to working with Ian again.

Hire H.Hire A Hubby

Removal of wardrobe internal fittings

Second time we have used Hire a Hubby Doncaster East and have been very happy both times. Workmen are very friendly and professional. Came at the arranged time and left no mess. Would highly recommend.

Hire H.Hire A Hubby

Very quick and reliable. Professional service

Babak was professional and advise what should be done and not.
He can in time and fix it on a same day.
I used this service first time and love to use again and again . Hope I dont need often

FANTASTIC

Really great value for money with some quick service - both in quoting and delivery. We are very happy with the strength and look of our new back steps and porch area.

Wally

WallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Furniture Removal

Very friendly guys who just got on with the job. They came on the time which was arranged and left no mess. I would definately use them again and would recommend them gladly.

Leigh R.

Leigh R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wall AC removal

Job was to remove old wall mounted AC unit plus a few extra bits and pieces. The major concern for us before the job was match brick work on the outside, and plaster/paint on the inside.

The finished job is outstanding. I actually had to spend a fair bit of time working out where the AC unit used to be. It's like it was never there.

They have also done some bigger jobs for us previously - re-facing gable ends on our double story house. Also excellent.

Highly recommended.

Hire H.Hire A Hubby

Installed fly screens on a tricky queenslander

Warren provided an excellent service in measuring, ordering and installing fly screens in my Queenslander house. He was prompt and polite. The fly screens were a tricky install, because like any Queenslander house, nothing is square! Warren ordered a solution that would fit inside the window frame and not detract from the window aesthetic - they look fantastic and I'm happy with the final product. 10/10 would hire Warren again.

Excellent work and service

It is really difficult to get work done around my house because my husband works from home at varying times. Hire a hubby were so flexible and their work was done to a very high standard by very agreeable, friendly workmen. I have lots more jobs lined up!! Look out hire a hubby!

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Finally have our dishwasher installed :-)

We bought a dishwasher 6 months ago and it sat in our garage as it was too difficult to arrange installation as I work full time.
My sister recommended Hire a Hubby and they were great and arranged all trades (cabinet maker, electrician and plumber) to get our new dishwasher installed. Everyone turned up on time, were very professional and did a great job!
They made the whole process easy and everything went smoothly.
Now we are enjoying having a dishwasher in the house!

Thanks!

Olga

Olgaasked

Hi, I wrote you are review of the work that was attempted by one of your guys. I have not seen it in your reviews. Does this mean that you only publish the positive reviews??

Hi Olga,

We publish all reviews.

Kind regards,
Laurence

Matthew W.
Matthew W.

The response from Lawrence is consistent with my observation.
Matthew

Harwinder Kaur S.

Harwinder Kaur S.asked

Hi there I have few jobs that needs to be done. 1) We need some rendering and paint of course on the front side of the house. 2) tiling on the front patio and alfresco area. 3) plumbing fir auto dispenser for fridge.
Please send a quote how you guys will charge altogether. How long will it take to get it done.
Location Griffin Qld 4503. Contact via email harsidhu89@gmail.com

Hi Harwinder,

The best way to receive a quote is to call our FREE phone number at 1800 803 339, or visit our website:

This will also direct you to the most appropriate franchise.

Kind regards,

Laurence

David peters

David petersasked

what is the hourly rate for work to hire a hubby for 8hrs just doing bits and pieces? all materials provided. I cant seem to get a straight answer...one of them said to me we prefer not to do hourly rate because we have to consider our toilet breaks, i mean, how much time do you need to spend in the toilet per each hour...cmon guys..

Hi David
It's Janet from Hire A Hubby. Our franchisees don't t quote on an hourly rate, but quote based on the actual job. The easiest way to get an idea of the cost of your jobs is to Book a Free Quote by calling 1800 803 339 or filling out the Book A Free Quote page on our website www.hireahubby.com.au. Please provide as many details about the job and things you need done, and what materials you will provide. This process will ensure your local Hubby will respond and provide an accurate quote for the job you require.
Please do let me know, if you have further questions and I'll do my best to help you.
Kind regards