4.3 from 1,583 reviews

• Rates and Fees

Beth

BethSydney, NSW

Can't praise them enough

From the initial contact on the phone with Kerry we felt we had chosen the right people to help with our cornice problem. Paul came to inspect and quote he treated us with respect and was upfront with information and that he would pass our job onto Dave who was an excellent tradesman and very considerate of us as seniors. The job was well done and completed when they said it would be. We will be calling them again to help us when needed.

Unhappy CustomerSydney, NSW

First and Last!

Fantastic service

Was excellent service - quick reliable and professional. It was a fiddly job and he got it done! The price was very reasonable and he went out of his way to get an extra part!

Find out how Hire A Hubby compares to other Handymen

Great service and my go to...

The Woolloongabba team have been brilliant. I've known John Banks for a long time, and as with everything he does, service second to none and always with good cheer. He's my go to now for anything that needs fixing! In the words of Molly Meldrum....do yourself a favour!

Kerri

KerriSydney, NSW

INCREDIBLE TEAM @ HAH NOWRA

Just before Covid hit we were left with the daunting task of clearing out a 4 bedroom home in Bomaderry and getting it ready for sale by June. Chrissy and Steve were recommended to us and I can honestly say we could never have achieved the outcome we did without their help. We live 2.5 hrs from the home so we needed someone we could rely on when we were unable to be at the house. From the moment we met NOTHING was ever too much trouble and the quality of workmanship and repairs was perfect as well as just being really lovely genuine,honest people to deal with. Thank you to such an amazing team, we are forever grateful !!!

Recommended

Had Ian of Queanbeyan franchise come and do a few things around the house.Efficient, good quote. Nice guy. We will use again and recommend to others. I am not good with hands and time poor.

Troy B

Troy BSydney, NSW

Quality work delivered on time and within budget - HaH team in Gladesville NSW

Jodie

JodieBrisbane

No Quote

Spoke to Glen 13.08.20 and advised what I wanted done. He came over 17.08.20 to quote and said he would get back to me. That's the last I heard from him.

Megan P

Megan P

Highly recommend

We have used this company a few times now.
Fantastic workmanship and always arrives the time they say they will which is not common with most trades.
Would highly recommend to anyone needing some work done to their home

Chris B.

Chris B.Western District, VIC

Hire a hubby warrnambool

Still waiting for hire a hubby Warrnambool to show up for quote No contact since arranging a time for quote extremely poor customer service would not recommend this business in Warrnambool

Hire H.Hire A Hubby

Professional, affordable and on time home renovator

Cavan and his team at Sinnamon Park Hire a Hubby, recently renovated our bathrooms and laundry. The did a fantastic job modernising the spaces, were cost effective, efficient and the quality of workmanship was excellent. We highly recommend them to others looking to renovate their home!

Hire H.Hire A Hubby

Late and threw a tantrum

After agreeing on a time to come , the trades person was late due to not been given my correct address.
I saw the van and called out . The trades person looked over but continued to go into my neighbours driveway to ask for directions. When finally we met ,the trades person argued with me about saying that I didnt call him over. He got quite angry and went to his van to leave. I talked him out of it. He did a reasonable job in putting up three small blinds. He was here on my property for an hour . Charged $165.00

maxandspot

maxandspotAU

Good

I have used Luke from Glen Iris Hire A Hubby a number of times and have always found his service to be thorough. Luke turns up on time and goes the extra mile to do a good job. He clearly takes pride in his work. I especially found his advice helpful when I was wanting to replace a cracked basin and could not find an exact replica of the product. I can't speak for subcontractors but, when Luke does the work, you know you in good hands. My only hesitation in writing this review is that you will all book him up before I do for my next list of jobs!

Sheryl

SherylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fabulous

I couldn't be more happier with the prompt, effecient & very friendly service. Peter went to the moon & back for us and then some. I can't recommend highly enough the whole process and final outcome he provided. Dial a Hubby is a godsend.

stevethompson49

stevethompson49Sydney, NSW

First year good, not so good subsequent years.

The first year, Roy did an excellent job of oiling our deck, steps and handrails. Every year since he's sent different offsiders (subcontractors?) who haven't done a very good job.

Morel - Queensland

Morel - QueenslandSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thank you Adrian from Hire a Hubby Wooloowin

My patio now has a new lease on life! All jobs performed very well. Service was faultless, totally trustworthy. Quote very reasonable. I have already recommended him to neighbour and friends.

Bad service

Didn’t turn up when they said they would. Waited all day. Got a message that night to say would come another day ( day and time mentioned). Didn’t turn up again. Had to contact them to find out why. Finally turned up on the third time. Terrible communication.

Elaine24

Elaine24Hobart, TAS

Unreliable service

The local man came promptly, said he could do the job, promised to send a quote within two days, never heard from him again. Frustrating when I specifically asked if he wanted the job and he replied in the affirmative.

Incredible Service and Workmanship - Hire A Hubby Mona Vale

Jim Kelly from Hire A Hubby Mona Vale recently completed an accumulation of jobs I had around the house. Jim and his team were so incredibly professional, quick and tidy as well as very reasonably priced. No job was too small / or large as Jim's guys worked on a larger gyprocking project at our place too. Jim has also kindly recommended other trades overtime, his extended network is equally professional, courteous and trusted. Jim's responsiveness to emails, calls and texts has been without a doubt beyond my expectations! Thank you for such a great job done and I look forward to working with the Hire A Hubby Mona Vale team again.

Jenna

JennaSouthwest, VIC

Highly Recommend Jake Silverback - Hire A Hubby Geelong West

David Newton at Hire A Hubby Geel West was extremely helpful in arranging the work we needed to be done, even visiting our home prior to make sure he knew what was needed. Jake installed a clothesline, garden hose reel and TV bracket for us. Jake also put together a steel shelving unit and anchored two shelving units in our garage. Jake was extremely helpful, professional and we cannot fault his work. Thank you so much.

Book Lover

Book Loverasked

From the review I can see about 20% of customers were not happy; it is a large percentage; 80% rating 5 stars is good. I have two questions for the management of Hubby:
1. How do you control the cost of any work, or you leave quoted price at the discretion of tradesman?
2. How do you control the quality of work done?
Regards,
Minh Nguyen

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Why not simply ask them directly rather than ask in a review site?

Adrian
Adrian

Obviously has no idea how franchises work...

Sarah
Sarah

He has a legitimate question. I got a quote from the franchisee. Thought he would be doing the work. But he left the work for someone he hired. Wasn't entirely happy with the work, the worker's inability to answer questions, and he didn't clean up afterwards.

Beth Silverwood

Beth Silverwoodasked

My daughter has a dog who keeps escaping from her new house. Do you have anyone that could come and check the fence and give her a quote for securing the yard. It is a rental so we are not looking at a new fence just stopping her dog (a service dog) from escaping.

Hello Beth,
Yes we can definitely help your daughter. Please head over to our website https://hireahubby.com.au/residential/book-a-hubby/ or call 1800 803 339. Your local Hubby will be able to attend and quote for you.

Olga

Olgaasked

Hi, I wrote you are review of the work that was attempted by one of your guys. I have not seen it in your reviews. Does this mean that you only publish the positive reviews??

Hi Olga,

We publish all reviews.

Kind regards,
Laurence

Matthew W.
Matthew W.

The response from Lawrence is consistent with my observation.
Matthew