• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Ann ButlerSydney, NSW

Our Handy Man Angel

This is the fourth time we have used Tony from Hoxton Park. We have always recieved excelent service, but today exceeded all expectations. We are a reasonably large, 30 year old church building. We required fully ducted air conditioning. 2 weeks ago we accepted the quote. Today a virtual army of tradesman came, climbed into the roof crawl space, cut holes in a vaulted ceiling, installed 8 vents, All the electrical work was done in less than 3 hours. The entire installation was completed in 5 1/2 hours, and they CLEANED UP after themselves. I can not recommend these guys highly enough. A huge thankyou to Tony and his team.

No Response

Ask for a quote !
Arrived later than the time agreed to give me the quote.
Took some photos of the jobs.
Than nothing, no follow ups, no reply for the quote.
I did call to make inquiries of the outcome but not feedback.
No happy with company as they also got my home address.
I will never deal with Hire a Hubby again,
not reliable company to deal with in my opinion.

Music Freak

Music FreakMid North Coast, NSW

You're Simply the Best

The Coffs Harbour HRH are just the best - Natalie, Ben and Craig couldn't ask for better customer service - excellent work and prompt replies to queries. Have them locked in our diary now - Look out!!!
A great many thanks for your professionalism. Love your work.
Cheers
Kathy M. Boambee East

David H.

David H.South East Queensland, QLD

Our saviour in a tool belt.

We own a very big puppy. Two and a half years old and 50kg. He jumped on the bed, the bed broke. He got caught in the curtains, and tore them out of the wall. Hire a Hubby arrived. He re-built our wooden bed to a standard that it will be in a museum some day. Solid as! He fixed the wall & re-attached the curtains so that you can't even see that anything was wrong, and he always has a play with the giant puppy, who loves his Uncle Tyler.

Simon

SimonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Highly recommend John from Roxburgh Park. He was friendly, punctual, professional, neat and tidy and his work was very reasonably priced. Would not hesitate to use him again if needed.

Steven B.

Steven B.Far North Queensland, QLD

Experience ++++

We have had Russell and the team out to resolve issues created by others. There is nothing too hard for this team and we only wish we had them attend our property first. You cannot beat the knowledge and understanding these guys have when it comes to large and small projects (doing things right the first time)

Nigel

NigelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Over priced - Shop around

I have dealt with Dial a Hubby on two occasions both times the quotes was over priced - whether its putting in smoke detectors, bathroom renovations or tiles on a laundry tub. Now tried to stop emails being sent and unable to unscrible from their email service- not possible. If you want overpriced services go here - otherwise shop around - you can get a much better quotes elsewhere.

Brendan K.

Brendan K.South East Queensland, QLD

Didn't turn up

Never turned up on agreed date. Can't get a hold of them via email or phone. Can't even get a hold of QLD or head office. No one will respond to me.

Hire H.Hire A Hubby

Pleasure to deal with. Exceeded expectations

I have used Jamie a number of times. More recently for an interior wall, the guys were great. Jamie’s workmanship was excellent and the final product exceeded expectations. Really happy

Amie K.

Amie K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

David - gave me back my backyard

The Paving work and shed repositioning is so good, I have access to my clothesline again and the shelving inside my house amazing, definitely will get more installed down the Track

BlackburnAnimalHospital

BlackburnAnimalHospitalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Blackburn Animal Hospital renovations and works

Ian has been doing a lot of on going work for us. He is reliable, his work is great and he is always friendly. Nothing is too hard and he is always happy to help with everything. Could not recommend him highly enough from small jobs to large renovations. Really nice guy too. Very happy

Very good job.

Ken from Hire a Hubby, Beenleigh was the complete professional. Plenty of information prior to start date and very good job, done on time, in a very competant manner. Modified a fence and installed new gate, we are very happy.

Great service in Tamworth

Thanks to the Hire A Hubby Tamworth team - Top service, I couldn’t be happier with the job. The guys were on time and fitted around my crazy schedule and did a great job. Definitely recommend.

Steve - Hire A Hubby Rosanna - Excellent

Steve from Hire A Hubby Rosanna was fantastic. Honest & professional he was on time, provided excellent quality workmanship and customer service at very reasonable rates. We have used him a few times now for various handyman services and would highly recommend.

Thank you to Derek from Maribyrnong Hire a Hubby

Derek provided excellent service to help me organise the last few jobs for my parent's house before settlement day. He managed to fit into my tight timeframe too.
He responded quickly to all communication.
And he did an excellent job. It was a big relief to me to have the job done and done to such a high standard.

Marie C.Hobart, TAS

Fantastic

Fast quote, fair price, excellent workmanship. The results were amazing. So happy to have found Hire A Hubby (Will, Mt Stuart). Now my go to for all repairs and renovations.

A pleasure.

Michelle Swenson

Michelle SwensonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fiore from Kyneton Hire A Hubby was fantastic

Fiore assembled/disassembled/re-assembled 3 beds for me and moved them into different rooms in my house. His communications prior to the visit were responsive and professional. He and his helper arrived promptly, were efficient and took care with building and moving the beds and furniture. I will use him again and recommend him to anyone else.

Karen Beresford

Karen BeresfordSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ken from Hire a Hubby Beenleigh

Ken from Beenleigh did a great job in doing the deck I have wanted for years. Couldn’t have asked for a better job. Would recommend using Ken again for anything

Hasan

HasanSydney, NSW

Poor quality work

Had Bill from hire a hubby Campbelltown do some mortar repair and repointing work. Within a few days the mortar was falling off. The surrounding brickwork where Bill applied the mortar was stained which according to Bill could be easily be cleaned with water. Not the case. Overall very poor quality work. Bill agreed to come back to do repairs last week. Have not heard back from him in over a week and he does not respond to emails. Will not recommend this business to anyone.

Job Satisfaction
Matt

MattNorthern Region, NSW

Disappointing service and poor workmanship

Would not use again or recommend Tamworth Hire A Hubby. The workmanship was atrocious and although the lady in the office was lovely it was very clear that they didn’t want to own their mistakes and even attempted to charge me more than the initial quote. I was also told that the ‘handyman’ misquoted the job and didn’t allow for some materials and they attempted to make me feel like it was my fault and that they had absorbed the cost of their error but that I should be appreciative of that. Basically I ended up doing a lot of the work myself and then even had to remove some of their work and redo it myself, properly. Basically it was mediocre quality at a premium price. Definitely would not recommend.

Tracy

Tracyasked

Hi, I have a HireaHubby that gave me a quote do some carpentry work for $2800 and he has asked for $1000 up front to purchase materials. Is this legitimate?

Ann Butler

i don't know about the legality of it. I suggest you contact them directly. I only commented on the service I recieved

Peter M

Peter Masked

when I rang the 1800 number I have been told that if the local hire a hubby cannot or does not want to do the work we cannot approach anybody else from hire a hubby to do the work. is this correct?

Hi Peter,

If your local hubby is unavailable you should be directed to a surrounding hubby. We will follow this issue up with our call centre.

If you book online at www.hireahubby.com.au you should be allocated the nearest hubby.

Kind regards,
Laurence

Book Lover

Book Loverasked

From the review I can see about 20% of customers were not happy; it is a large percentage; 80% rating 5 stars is good. I have two questions for the management of Hubby:
1. How do you control the cost of any work, or you leave quoted price at the discretion of tradesman?
2. How do you control the quality of work done?
Regards,
Minh Nguyen

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Why not simply ask them directly rather than ask in a review site?

Adrian
Adrian

Obviously has no idea how franchises work...

Sarah
Sarah

He has a legitimate question. I got a quote from the franchisee. Thought he would be doing the work. But he left the work for someone he hired. Wasn't entirely happy with the work, the worker's inability to answer questions, and he didn't clean up afterwards.

Get an answer from our members and Hire A Hubby representatives